It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Road To Guantanamo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Was a u.n sponered police action forces included U.K, Australia,Turkey to name a few

Yeah, The Korean War, over 2 million civilians dead. Well done.

The Philippines were a U.S territory since the 1900's.

I do not understand, are you saying hegemony of another nation justifies atrocities perpetrated by the mother state or not? I personaly do not think it does.

Where do you get your data?the Soviet's were there after WW2 1945

From history books.

www.amazon.co.uk...

If you believe America had no presence in Eastern Europe and or East Germany combating Soviet Expansionism you are more deluded than I previously thought.

Exactly when did we defeat the U.S.S.R?

If you are wholly un aware of your own nations violent and bloody history with the U.S.S.R I recommend searching for the "Cold War" there should be plenty of links to areas of interest. This was basicaly fought between America and the U.S.S.R after world war 2 to fill the void of the now defunct British Empire

I would also like to know when the conquest of Australia happened?

America and the CIA infiltration and funding of political parties and scandalous interference in Australian elections is pretty well known. Should not be too hard to find some examples of how they actively sought the removal of the Labour government in Australia at the time for essentialy being not in line with Washington political ideology.

If you really want to look back at evil empires. you should look back at the British

I agree, start a thread on it then. But were not talking about that are we?, this thread you are attempting to derail is concerning the inhumane treatment of innocent men at the hands of the corrupt and war mongering American Empire.

Facts are facts im affraid. For whatever ever reason America has to invade and occupy most of the known world, right or wrong, it is going to make enemies doing it, simple as that the sooner you accept that the better. And if you are going to defend there actions at least try and defend it with a legible argument.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

If you believe America had no presence in Eastern Europe and or East Germany combating Soviet Expansionism you are more deluded than I previously thought.

Nope afterall I was alive durning it.I know all side's spied.I was referring to your use of the word conquest.

It does prove my point that your opinion of the U.S is biased,You Conveniently leave out that the British and other western powers also spied, and heap all the blame on the U.S. While you quote a book that was written for profit as "History".

BTW check at the bottom of this link before you cast stones.
en.wikipedia.org...

Sir David Omand, the former UK Intelligence and Security Coordinator, says: "Intelligence during the Cold War had a very big impact on the shape and size of the British defence programme, on the kinds of equipment we bought and very specifically the actual capabilities that were built into that equipment to be able to encounter whatever intelligence showed was the capability of Warsaw Pact forces."

Look into yourself also before you cast stones.

Now here is a question to you. Do you believe that the goal of the Jihaist in Islam is to spread Islam throughout the world?

Please answer without deflection.
edit on 18-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Rocky,
I agree with you and have been a supporter for a long time of the USA but, the one question I would like you to address is your opinon on the fact we have been at war longer then we have been at peace.

Crash

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

No the attack's that have been waged in the name of Islam must end.It is about time to try stop them.Citizen's of most WESTERN NATION"s have been attacked.

Can you deny this?

What are we suppose to do? You focus on America and our action's.My problem is with the long standing series of attack's my radical Islam against ALL NATION'S. I did list some against America,shall I list more agaist other countries?

Your hatred has blinded you to what the goals of Islamic Militiant's are.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by crashbehr

Since WW2 with one exception Veitnam.I can sum it up pretty well Thank You U.N!!

Our british "friend's" keep throwing a list at me about American Wars, but neglect the fact that they were right there with us in almost all.The British have been at war far longer that us.Check the link,they have also been just as involved in the 20th century.It is just that their hatred for the U.S has blinded them to this fact.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

No the Western World is doing the attacking. How many died in 911. Compare that to the million or so that have now died in Afghanistan and Iraq.. Heck they had nothing to do with 911. Would you like to see more killed. Most of them are women and children too.... Fantastic judge you would make...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Thank you for the link. And I do not disagree with you.
I know humans are violent by nature. I just guess I wish it was more controlled. Humans and I would guess most Americans need some form of violence to get buy. Why do people always slow down at an accident, to see death and destruction.

Crash

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

So you deny attack's have been carried out in the name of Islam since the 1970's?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Purple I like that because it is true. I have friends that are Muslim and read parts of the Quran, it is still on my list to read. I wish we could just live and let live, we all have enough problems then to worry about other people.

Crash

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I know that was not directed at me. But I agree. My father spent a year in Afghanistan and I know some of the stories. We are under a jihad and it will not end for a long time.

Crash

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by crashbehr

Yea agreed, I have not stated I condone all action's of the U.S.But western people have been under attack since the 70's. What are we suppose to do just lay there and take it.No matter what America's stand is, the attack's will never end.The Jihadist have one goal Islam as the world's religion and will not stop.The only other way I could see it stopped is if the other 93% of moderate Islam would stand up and stop them.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Hello Rocky... Nice list. What would you propose. These attack listed have mainly been carried out by terrorist organisations. Not countries. You cannot very well go around invading countries without a damm good reason. That is in violation of the Geneva Convention. Come to think about torture is a violation of the Geneva Convention too.. It is considered a war crime.

Heck I guess it did not stop the two illegal wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Why were they attacked oh yes I recollect now.. Because they had nothing what so ever to do with 911...

Do you ever ask yourself why there have been so many attacks on the US over the past years. Do you think it might have something to do with US foreign policy..

Nice picture of the solider too... I have nothing what so ever against the soldiers. They too are victims of war too... War is the same as it has ever been rich people sending poor people to die so they can make more money.... But lets be honest the government of the US is a war making nation... Have a look at the list below and ask why you need to be a state of perpetual war.. I would list CIA operatives but the list would be far too long..

Let's be really honest!!

Check the link below,scroll down to the 20th century.The British have also been in constent war.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I dunno maybe this next comment should go in it's own thread. But really if we take the 3 major religions; Jews, Christians, and Muslims. They all pretty much agree on the old testament. If there is a God he does not want killing in his name. All he did was kick people out, when they messed up. He did not just randomly kill non believers. Religion should be between you and your God and that is it. Not trying to change the thread just a follow up to the jihad comment. I guess I have just gotten soft in my age, if you believe in Allah, and someone else believes in God, and I am an atheist. Don't try and convert me if you have facts I will listen. But other then that just get a long. The Muslims from Abraham just need to remember that.

Crash

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
We are Carnivores. Killing is what we do best. "We" kill "Them" and "They" kill "Us". It doesn't matter what BS reason, it's what we do.

No use crying over it, we will always kill each other, until no one is left to kill.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

*snip*

Knee jerk reaction much ? The video is about 3 youngsters who were held as prisoners without any proof of them having any realtion whatsoever to Al Qaeda.

Lets turn the tables now

Following your logic, every Iraqi has the right to kidnap and prosecute an American, military or civil, for the ilegal war your country has been waging against Iraq.

Mod Edit: removed quote of actioned post.

edit on 19-2-2013 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by crashbehr
I dunno maybe this next comment should go in it's own thread. But really if we take the 3 major religions; Jews, Christians, and Muslims. They all pretty much agree on the old testament. If there is a God he does not want killing in his name. All he did was kick people out, when they messed up. He did not just randomly kill non believers. Religion should be between you and your God and that is it. Not trying to change the thread just a follow up to the jihad comment. I guess I have just gotten soft in my age, if you believe in Allah, and someone else believes in God, and I am an atheist. Don't try and convert me if you have facts I will listen. But other then that just get a long. The Muslims from Abraham just need to remember that.
Crash
Unfortunately, religious leaders are for personal gain and not for peace.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

LOL this has to be my favorite example, you do realise about a week before this happened the U.S shot down an Iranian passenger plane full of civilians right

The mere reason you can laugh at this show's what a fool you truely are.If you believe a operation like that can be mounted in 5 days.There is no reason for further disscussion because you have no idea what you are talking about.

The shooting down of the passenger jet by the USS Vincennes happened about 6 months before Lockerbie.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

The shooting down of the passenger jet by the USS Vincennes happened about 6 months before Lockerbie.

So that make's it justifiable in your book?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by Knobby

So that make's it justifiable in your book?

I don't know where you could possibly get that insinuation.

No, in my book it wasn't. I was just correcting the two of you. Since there was a couple of posts about Lockerbie, I thought that I would make the correction.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

Ok my bad and you were right about the timing of the event. Sorry

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join