It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control -- No matter what your opinion, you need to see this

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

I believe you've missed my point - the entire reason that the gun even exists is for killing, or at best to maim - either way, its intent is to cause harm. How is that a good thing?
You're right, it is for harming/killing. If someone breaks into my home, you better believe I'm going to do my best to protect my family. If some tyrannical government turns on its citizens, you better believe I'll do my best to protect my family.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by redtic

How that benefits us as a human race is beyond me - someday we'll look back on the 18-21 century and think "remember when everyone had guns and we used to kill each other all the time - god, we were stupid back then"...

I hope you're right about that. I think there are a few of us who are advanced beyond our violent species.

Unfortunately, I think it will be way beyond the 21st century before the human race as a whole evolves beyond the need for violence -- if ever. Maybe there's hope for the 31st century?
We live in the 21st century where violence happens. It's better to be prepared for it than not, imo. And though I own weapons, I'm not violent with them, but responsible. That can change in a heartbeat though if me, my family, or friend is threatened.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Does it deter you that the military has this type of gun? If it doesn't deter you, it won't deter them.
There are many more of us than there are of them. Why wouldn't that be a deterrent?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Take the base take the plane !

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

The Government of the United States is being subverted . The Globalsit have already beat down the UK where I am sure you live . When they disarm America your going to see a side of civilized life you are not going to like . I have noticed that the most of your post have been on gun control . Are you afraid of guns or the people who wields them ? YOur government is going to be thoise vicious people who will require of you what you would have not . Who defends you then?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Does it deter you that the military has this type of gun? If it doesn't deter you, it won't deter them.

There are many more of us than there are of them. Why wouldn't that be a deterrent?

Ummm, because they can bomb a whole lot of us at once from above?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

They can't if we take the bases .The Globalist fear that we will take up arms and resist them because the wormy bastards know we can take them .They are still scared of us while we are armed . They remember the French Revolution . Same bunch then as now .

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

The Government of the United States is being subverted . The Globalsit have already beat down the UK where I am sure you live . When they disarm America your going to see a side of civilized life you are not going to like . I have noticed that the most of your post have been on gun control . Are you afraid of guns or the people who wields them ? YOur government is going to be thoise vicious people who will require of you what you would have not . Who defends you then?

What's Globalsit? I live in America - Texas, actually - the gun lover's paradise! Yee-ha.

If the government tries to remove all guns from it's citizens, I will come back here and admit I was wrong. But as it is now, I don't even think the ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines will pass. So, shoot away.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy82269

It has been that way since before recorded history and is a part of human nature. Anything that gives the weak an equal footing is an achievement for humanity. The gun has done that throughout it's history, In fact, there would be no such concept as human or civil rights were it not for the gun. Irregardless of what is written on a piece of paper, the only rights you have are those you have the ability to fight for.

Jesus (willing to be crucified for his principles), Gandhi (went on hunger strikes), and Martin Luther King, Jr.(peaceful marches) -- fought for human and civil rights with no guns. They were pretty successful too.

LOL, no they weren't. Jesus was crucified and thousands upon thousands of Christians were slaughtered. The British empire was already crumbling and they were afraid that clamping down on Gandhi as hard as they could have would martyr him and cause an armed rebellion. MLK had the luxury of combating a state that had to tread lightly for fear of armed rebellion also. The Black Panther Party and Malcolm X had a militant following that the government feared far more.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

If you don't know what Globalist you need to educate yourself . This whole thing is the start of a step by step plan to take America Down . Have you ever read about the United Nations document for enslaving the world called AGENDA 21 . It is now easily obtainable but there are some very good explanations of its plan for people world wide . Your little dream life is going to CHANGE like Obama said . But you will not like it .
A 10 shot clip would not slow down a domestic killing . You don't know much about guns . You must take a split second to aim a gun to be effective . It would take 1 second to switch to a new loaded clip . Even a 30 round clip would require time to aim for each shot .And you can carry just as much ammo .When laying down covering fire in a battle the 30 round clip would be vital to keep the enemy down . That enemy would be the Multinational force trying to take your country called the UN. If you are not a shill you will want to do some research on the subject .

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

It has been that way since before recorded history and is a part of human nature. Anything that gives the weak an equal footing is an achievement for humanity. The gun has done that throughout it's history, In fact, there would be no such concept as human or civil rights were it not for the gun. Irregardless of what is written on a piece of paper, the only rights you have are those you have the ability to fight for.

Jesus (willing to be crucified for his principles), Gandhi (went on hunger strikes), and Martin Luther King, Jr.(peaceful marches) -- fought for human and civil rights with no guns. They were pretty successful too.

LOL, no they weren't. Jesus was crucified and thousands upon thousands of Christians were slaughtered. The British empire was already crumbling and they were afraid that clamping down on Gandhi as hard as they could have would martyr him and cause an armed rebellion. MLK had the luxury of combating a state that had to tread lightly for fear of armed rebellion also. The Black Panther Party and Malcolm X had a militant following that the government feared far more.

I see - so Jesus was a failure, Gandhi was a failure, and Martin Luther King Jr. was a failure. Re-write history much?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Okay, dude, whatever. Just keep up your fantasy about what a big bad soldier you're going to be, on the battlefield with the U.N.
Go get 'em tiger.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

datroof...and the starr you got on that first page thread.....
I see you are into people control, coulkd you expound in that please?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I figure you probably would like to know what you are talking about and why people are reacting the way they are . Is it not fair for you to consider their view point and why they are thinking the way they do .

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The way i see it, there's three options.

1. You own guns, to protect yourself from criminals and an oppressive government. You're never robbed, and tyranny never comes. All is well. The guns are never used.

2. You own guns, to protect yourself from criminals and an oppressive government. Your house is either broken into, or all hell breaks loose and the government decides to go on a confiscation spree. The people use those weapons to protect themselves. Tyranny is avoided and we remain a free nation. (obviously with some rebuilding to do)

3. You do not own guns to protect yourself. You're either robbed, or you fall victim to a home invasion. The criminals have the upper hand, and you're taken hostage in your own home. Whether you make it out alive depends on a dozen factors. Are you good at talking? Better be, and that's if you're lucky. When your government decides to impose total control of the people, they will have no means of fighting back. The outcome? Read a history book.

Those of you that believe people don't need to own semi-automatic rifles or guns period are advocating for option #3. Do you want that to happen to your family? Do you want to live through that? I don't think so.

If you have it and never need it, great. If you need it and don't have it, well, you probably won't have to worry about needing one again.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Didn't the Virginia tech killer use hand guns (glock and p22) only? If this whole ban is about saving life's shouldn't they go after handgun who kill over 6,000 people? I don't even own a gun but I think this ban is a slippery slope.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

99.99999999% of gun owners have never shot anybody. But way to bigot them all out and sterotype the whole lot.

I didn't say they would. I said they would be able to. Isn't that what you all want? To be able to?
edit on 18-2-2013 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

Isnt it hard to wrap your mind around the fact that the same document that gives you the right to vote, assemble, speak freely, also gives you the right to used deadly force under certain conditions? But its true.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by Logarock

99.99999999% of gun owners have never shot anybody. But way to bigot them all out and sterotype the whole lot.

I didn't say they would. I said they would be able to. Isn't that what you all want? To be able to?

I can't speak for everyone but I certainly want to be ABLE to shoot someone in defense of myself or others.

I was paid to do that in the military with MUCH more powerful and devastating weapons (SMAW). Why should I not be trusted to exercise good judgement now?

Yes, you will be able to shoot 30 people at once, or one person 30 times (if you aren't that good of a shot). I don't know you, so you won't be upset if I don't trust you anymore than I trust that guy who killed Chris Kyle. Eddie Routh was in the military too, wasn't he?

Yep yep. Your a sterotyping bigot.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Nobody appears to be reading my posts. I am not talking about self-defense. I am talking about the ability to shoot 30 bullets very quickly. This is not self-defense. This is a power thing. So, you say you want this type of gun because the criminal has this type of gun? Great, you shoot him 30 times; he shoots you 30 times. Who wins?

Well if hes the only one with a gun he shoots me 30 times and he wins by default.

And it is a power thing....its called the 2nd amendment....power to the people right on.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
/
edit on 18-2-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join