It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control -- No matter what your opinion, you need to see this

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This is one of the best "you have been put in your place videos" I've seen in a while. It's just a short speech about gun control. All I can say to the man is great speech and welcome to America.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Coming from a LEGAL immigrant, by choice.
A true American Immigrant.
I am proud to say I support his speech and him, 110%.

Excellent speech, with well thought out presentations.
I especially appreciated the comments about the DHS and their explanations of the 5.56.
The comments about D.C. and NYC being the strictest gun laws yet most murderous...
Very telling of our leaders and their ultimate agenda.
Those unconstitutional cities and states...not even American in my eyes.

Excellent find!

"A free people can only afford this mistake, ONCE!"

*S&F*

edit on 17-2-2013 by havok because: added quote.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
good speech but I was disappointed to see him using the words "you" and 'your" too much. he made a point of telling us that he is a legal citizen and an american by choice but then he proceeds to say things like " your history", 'your laws"
as an american he should have been saying things like "our history" "our laws"

He seems proud to point out that he is an amercan but then he tries to disassociate himself from being an american by using the words "your" and 'you" too much.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
No offense but....., this thing about guns became another two-sided issue. No need to pick a side, millions like me doesn't have a gun and doesn't want one. I understand many folks like guns and respect that, but thinking about a future possible revolution, civil war or fight against a government is a hollywoodian excuse to have guns. Rebels in other countries are victorious just because they count with support of powerfull governments.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
good speech but I was disappointed to see him using the words "you" and 'your" too much. he made a point of telling us that he is a legal citizen and an American by choice but then he proceeds to say things like " your history", 'your laws"
as an American he should have been saying things like "our history" "our laws"

He seems proud to point out that he is an American but then he tries to disassociate himself from being an American by using the words "your" and 'you" too much.

Well he did say his English wasn't great and it's not his history. He's an immigrant which means he has no historical past with this country. After all he's legalized not natural born.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
No offense but....., this thing about guns became another two-sided issue. No need to pick a side, millions like me doesn't have a gun and doesn't want one. I understand many folks like guns and respect that, but thinking about a future possible revolution, civil war or fight against a government is a hollywoodian excuse to have guns. Rebels in other countries are victorious just because they count with support of powerfull governments.

If the people being able to rise up against the government is just Hollywood fantasy then why are they so worried about the people having clips holding more than ten bullets?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

If the people being able to rise up against the government is just Hollywood fantasy then why are they so worried about the people having clips holding more than ten bullets?

I really don't understand this fixation to have a 10+ bullets clip when a drone could be on top of your home.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The only reason a government wants to prohibit citizens from owning capable modern firearms is so that said citizens can be oppressed WITH capable modern firearms. The authors of the 2nd Amendment wrote it specifically because this is true. Gun laws DO NOT reduce crime. They make law abiding citizens vulnerable TO crime.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

I really don't understand this fixation to have a 10+ bullets clip when a drone could be on top of your home.

300 million plus citizens in America. I think they are a little short on drones.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
S&F Enjoyed the video, was nice to see a new perspective.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

No offense taken Trueman. Most of us don't want a civil war either, but the whole idea is that our federal government stays under control such that it would never be necessary. In order to keep a federal government under control, the power has to remain with the States and the People, as was the design of the founding fathers of our government.

That's why there were clauses written into the Constitution that prevented the federal government from having a standing army for more than 2 years without congressional permission. Guess what. We've had a standing federal army for most of the existence of this country. Therefore, the massive military power resides in the federal government, when by design it was supposed to reside with the States and the People.

We are now the subjects of the federal government under threat of force. This force has been demonstrated many times over in unconstitutional and fundamentally illegal sieges by the federal government. The general population is restricted by law from having weaponry of such a force that it could equal or better that of the federal government. This is also against the design of the founding fathers and is constitutionally illegal.

History has shown us that the federal government is subject to corruption and the loyalty of those in federal government has shifted to major industries and banks, and is no longer representative of the People. In promoting its own interests, the federal government has been responsible for countless atrocities that have resulted in cruel oppression, death, and destruction beyond compare.

That's why some people chose to make sure they can keep their arms and hope to be able to stand up to the oppressive federal government.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
"A free people cannot afford to make this mistake, EVEN ONCE!"

Dont give an inch on the second!
edit on 17-2-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I must say, My heart swelled with pride and admiration for this gentleman. I believe this demonstrates just how powerful freedom and rights truly are.

At the same time I am deeply saddened by those who continue to fail to recognize what the 2nd Amendment is, and why it was put in place by our Forefathers.

At no other time in our history since our inception have we experienced such a loss of rights and numerous assaults on our Liberty than the present day. These erosions are not from a distant land, but within our borders.

To the nay-sayers concerning civil war I tender this.

NO Country, or Empire has with stood the test of time and history. Every Country, Empire, Dictatorship has either been conquered by foreign enemies or torn apart from within. Why should the United States of America be any different?

If you answered because America is America and we are the greatest ... I must reply to you then, embrace and support the Constitution and all that it stands for; embrace and support the philosophy, spirit, and vision our Founding Father's laid out for us. For this is what truly has made America great, and what will continue to ensure America remains great.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Hear Hear !!!!

This man is a real Patriot .

Thx G-d we still have the right to speak Truth to Power .

Thanks for the post OP

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It's nice to see someone who is an American 'by choice' give such a concise and credible example about why gun control doesn't work, as if we don't have laws enough all ready, and since there are already a huge number of 'illegal' sellers (including the federal government itself!) then a nutcase or a criminal will ALWAYS be able to find a firearm if they so desire, all they have to do is try a little. I hunted and used guns starting when I was 13 yrs old. Took the required gun safety courses and everything, no problem. I spent 20 yrs in the military, and I HATE being around guns now, but, citizens have a right to fire arms. Period. It's that simple.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Yes because only in hollywood do governments turn on their people, the holocaust was just a movie right? the bolsheviks slaughter, just a movie right? Ruby ridge, only in movies right? Waco, only in movies huh?

Only in hollywood do people rise up and overthrow tyranny. 1776 must have missed the memo. the Icelandic people must have missed that memo as well as many other nations that are in the heat of overthrowing tyranny right now.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I can attest to his statements about guns being more prevalent in the past than they are today. Gun shows, personal sales of firearms, trading them and mail ordering cheap firearms , parts and ammunition was much more lax than it is today. I know, I was there.

The "Cross Roads of the West" gun show in Pomona, California at the fairgrounds was the biggest single private firearms ownership sales and display in the country. There were over 6 miles of tables displaying every kind of firearm, ammunition, parts, etc. 6 Miles! It took one whole day to walk it once!

And all of it was for sale across the table for cash. Miss those days...

You know what else? I went there several years running and there was never one death associated with even an accidental discharge the whole time.

So yah, taking all that away has had zero effect on reducing crime or making any one "safer".

Except guess who? The law "makers".

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Oh, this video again?

School shootings have happened for the entire duration of America's existence.

And yes, in the link provided it says:

Starting in the 1900s, school shootings appear to be a fairly regular occurrence, with a shooting every couple of years. For example, there was a shooting in 1906, 1907, two in 1908, and one in 1909. Most of these were not mass shootings but rather involved only one or two people.

Now, if the shooters had access to high-capacity weapons instead of ancient rifles or single-fire muskets, perhaps there would have been more than just one or two people dead.

Also, it was more common for schoolmasters to have weapons on the ready for defense against Native American attacks, and armed teachers still didn't stop shootings from happening. The problem is guns, always has been -- always will be.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

The problem is guns, always has been -- always will be.

Yah. Them damn guns. They just jump up and begin shooting all by themselves, don't they? They just load, aim and pull that trigger again and again spraying bullets in every direction without any help at all now... don't they?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join