It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control -- No matter what your opinion, you need to see this

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by kaylaluv

99.99999999% of gun owners have never shot anybody. But way to bigot them all out and sterotype the whole lot.

I didn't say they would. I said they would be able to. Isn't that what you all want? To be able to?
edit on 18-2-2013 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

99.99999999% of gun owners have never shot anybody. But way to bigot them all out and sterotype the whole lot.

I didn't say they would. I said they would be able to. Isn't that what you all want? To be able to?

I can't speak for everyone but I certainly want to be ABLE to shoot someone in defense of myself or others.

I was paid to do that in the military with MUCH more powerful and devastating weapons (SMAW). Why should I not be trusted to exercise good judgement now?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I can't speak for everyone but I certainly want to be ABLE to shoot someone in defense of myself or others.

I was paid to do that in the military with MUCH more powerful and devastating weapons (SMAW). Why should I not be trusted to exercise good judgement now?

Yes, you will be able to shoot 30 people at once, or one person 30 times (if you aren't that good of a shot). I don't know you, so you won't be upset if I don't trust you anymore than I trust that guy who killed Chris Kyle. Eddie Routh was in the military too, wasn't he?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Yes, you will be able to shoot 30 people at once, or one person 30 times (if you aren't that good of a shot). I don't know you, so you won't be upset if I don't trust you anymore than I trust that guy who killed Chris Kyle. Eddie Routh was in the military too, wasn't he?

Whether you trust me or not, I have the same rights you have. The 2nd amendment is a right we share (that is if you’re American). That doesn’t mean that people who chose to exercise that right intend to kill people as you suggest. That’s a fallacious argument at best!

We can’t live in fear of our neighbors. Did you watch the video? Doesn’t it resonate at all?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

yes. i want to be able to defend myself and my family from any and all harm, whether it be a bear, wolves, robbers, rapists, or a tyrannical government.

guns are a deterrent. the statement you made is crafted in such a way as to suggest that gun owners desire to kill people, or like the feeling of power over others. that is an incorrect notion. i want the power to create my own safety.

i heard a good joke which sums up the issue nicely. i forget who said it first, but it goes thus:

"you might not believe in god, and you might be against guns, but the first thing you're going to do when someone tries to break into your house is call someone who has a gun, and pray that they get there in time"

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I am sure thats not the way they do it in the UK . The men there have been castrated . They can't defend themselves or their wives and family now . Call the Gardi and mark your calander until they come .

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Nobody appears to be reading my posts. I am not talking about self-defense. I am talking about the ability to shoot 30 bullets very quickly. This is not self-defense. This is a power thing. So, you say you want this type of gun because the criminal has this type of gun? Great, you shoot him 30 times; he shoots you 30 times. Who wins?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Nobody appears to be reading my posts. I am not talking about self-defense. I am talking about the ability to shoot 30 bullets very quickly. This is not self-defense. This is a power thing. So, you say you want this type of gun because the criminal has this type of gun? Great, you shoot him 30 times; he shoots you 30 times. Who wins?

Let’s be honest here, it’s none of your business how many bullets my gun holds. If I’m using my gun lawfully, who CARES!????

You can call it a “power thing” all you want but it’s my RIGHT. Show me in the second amendment where we are limited in the type of firearm we can keep. All of these regulations came after the fact because people like you think you can impose YOUR belief system on others. Just because YOU think something is logical or reasonable doesn’t mean you have the right to impose your beliefs.

JEEZ!! Why is that so hard to see?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You know I don't understand people. They want freedom of speech, freedom of religion, women's suffrage, etc. but they don't want weapons in the hands of people. Why? do they not understand that said weapon keeps those other rights from being taken, and/or suppressed.

We cant run a country like we are a McDonald people, this aint "have it your way" . If people want a weapon so be it, it their right given to them by their creator, not the government.

Like many others stated that if this does happen, the only people with weapons would be the criminals using them to take your property, life. etc.

Agree or disagree, I really dont care, I will continue to have my weapons. Not to harm innocent people, but to protect myself, my property, and my neighbors. And like so many others stated you can take them from my cold dead........

END RANT...

geez the gall of people.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Like I said in my first post, I don't think federal legislation banning the ability to shoot 30 people at once will pass. You will have the power, congratulations. You can't make me like it, though.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Like I said in my first post, I don't think federal legislation banning the ability to shoot 30 people at once will pass. You will have the power, congratulations. You can't make me like it, though.

I don't expect you (or people who think like you) to like it. I do expect you to take a step back and look at the situation objectively and realize that you are trying to limit the freedoms of others. You don't like it when people do it to you, so don't do it to me!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Moon clips and 10 round clips can be reloaded extremely quick . It would not make a difference in a domestic shooting . The Globalist want your young men disarmed as much as possible in a war with them . This whole thing is a farce . Only people ignorant of guns fall for it . Before guns just as many if not more people were being hacked to death with swords . The gun though usually can be traced to the owner ,a sword does have marks called rifling that can be traced . Again the People we trust in our own government especially the Democrats wants all guns gone so we can move to Communism . A good read is The Protocols of Learned Elders of Zion . These writtings are hailed as antisemetic lies , but read into them and you see that they are exactly what is happening today by the Globalist . The one thing they fear is for the Gentile Goyim to take up arms against them . So go figure ! The Protocols are real and you can see why the war on guns .

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by Trueman
No offense but....., this thing about guns became another two-sided issue. No need to pick a side, millions like me doesn't have a gun and doesn't want one. I understand many folks like guns and respect that, but thinking about a future possible revolution, civil war or fight against a government is a hollywoodian excuse to have guns. Rebels in other countries are victorious just because they count with support of powerfull governments.

If the people being able to rise up against the government is just Hollywood fantasy then why are they so worried about the people having clips holding more than ten bullets?

I really don't understand this fixation to have a 10+ bullets clip when a drone could be on top of your home.
Iranian hackers can bring down one of our drones, you don't think our own hackers could do the same?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Anyone who thought the Sandy Hook thing was a hoax should definitely be seeing red flags with the most recent gun violence. A girl was sitting behind Obama during a gun control speech. While she was sitting there, at that very moment, in Chicago her PREGNANT sister was shot in the head. The murder was believed to be an assasination attempt intended for someone else. Does publicity for your cause get any better than this? For someone trying to justify using executive order to force gun legistlation this is pretty suspicious. The suspect is currently still unknown and at large.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Moon clips and 10 round clips can be reloaded extremely quick . It would not make a difference in a domestic shooting .
I've explained that to her before in another thread. She doesn't seem to get it. You can limit me to 5 round magazines. I can still swap them in out in 2 seconds or less and be ready to go again.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

So, you say you want this type of gun because the criminal has this type of gun? Great, you shoot him 30 times; he shoots you 30 times. Who wins?
No. I want this type of gun because the military has this type of gun. It's a deterrent.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

The Protocols are a good read and although the Jewish community as a whole says they are plaguirised and lies anyone can see that they are exactly what the Globalist are following . And we know who is pushing Globalism . It isn't the Irish or English or Arabs .

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

So, you say you want this type of gun because the criminal has this type of gun? Great, you shoot him 30 times; he shoots you 30 times. Who wins?
No. I want this type of gun because the military has this type of gun. It's a deterrent.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

Does it deter you that the military has this type of gun? If it doesn't deter you, it won't deter them.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

What guns were designed to kill? The Uzi was designed Around a "fist meets fist" concept so Israelis could fight at night. The AK-47 was designed to work in a dirty, cold environment. The M-16 was designed to be a lighter rifle with small ammunition, where said ammunition has a higher probability to wound than maim. Same story for the AK-74. The M1911 was designed to knock men on their back, as the .32 and .38 rounds the Army was using was ineffective against drugged up Moros. The S&W Model 19 was designed around the .357 Magnum which was designed to penetrate engine blocks for gangster cars.

I realize you are using the rhetorical device that all guns kill as a general statement, but the lethality of a gun is more than just firing a projectile, so gun engineers could be designing guns that aren't very lethal but shoot bullets. There are whole sub-fields of physics and forensics that deal with this.

The DOJ actually catalogs the type of gun used in an incident and if you look over the numbers, it seems some guns are pathetic duds when it comes to killing -and you'd better off hitting your victim with a car.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Firearms are 20th century relics.

Right now there's somebody using InfraRed Lasers they built themselves knocking off people in America....and the forensics won't find anything and the death certificates will say "died of natural causes".

America needs to wake up and realize Directed Energy Weapons are what everyone should have now.

If we don't build them and get them soon....a bunch of smart slant eyed boys are going to take over the planet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join