It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the METEORS ARE REAL!! i just saw 2 miami fl

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SonoftheSun

So here are my questions...is it because of more people reporting them?

That would be a logical explanation.
Tell me, have you personally seen a dramatic increase in meteors? I haven't.

How can you say that when someone already posted the increase of meteors since '05?

463 Events found in 2005
517 Events found in 2006
588 Events found in 2007
726 Events found in 2008
694 Events found in 2009
951 Events found in 2010
1628 Events found in 2011
2220 Events found in 2012

Phage, I like you man, but what is your agenda here? Oh, and P.S, watching the news right now and Russian scientists have found 300+ pieces of that meteor on that frozen lake you say was cut with a chainsaw.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Just basically with the OP it's like normal occurance?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I can tell you this...

there is nothing to worry about ok?
edit on 2/18/2013 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

Your not the only one, I saw some in Northern Utah, evening time, about 4 months ago, no one else saw them except me who always looks at the sky.

Same color, same shape and same reaction (mid-air extinguish).

But if that isn't enough, ever saw 2 red "stars" come close then get away far then dim out? About 3 months ago I saw that.

What ever is going on out there, it must be hell.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The odds of um

the rocks hitting you?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
OKAY...First off these things happen. I have seen a Meteor break apart and skim the atomosphere before...fireball, lights the whole bit...about 15 years ago in Florida...BUT

This is what worries me...

NASA et al has been quick to tell everybody that the Meteor in Russia was unrelated to the Asteroid...which initially made sense to me from a scientific perspective...coincidence.

THEN...I heard a Physicist on Science Friday on NPR propose a possibility that no one else was mentioning...

The asteroid that passed close to the earth "DA14"...It is on an orbit or cycle...and each time it passes near a planet like the earth, tidal forces/gravity can pull chunks of the asteroid off or even break it into pieces.

The Metoer in Russia...and the metoers seen in CA, FL and Cuba...could all be chunks of DA14 that were broken off/pulled free the last time the Metoer passed the earth and they trail beside it/around it like a cloud.

What this MEANS is that while we might track huge Metoers and be able to say...hey that won't hit us...that metoer might have a shower of still huge smaller metoers following it that can rain down on the earth....and we need to start thinking abut THAT.....what if NEXT TIME the Russian Metoerite was not 1...but a shower of 20? 100? hitting more populated areas than Siberia????

As far as DA14...the next time it passes us is 2014...but scientists think it will be much farther away in that pass...

BUT...a meteor named "Apophis" will pass near the earth in April of 2029...more or less the same distance as DA14, but still miss us...BUT my question is...are we able to detect if that meteorite has a small cloud of still deadly meteorites that might be accompanying it? Broken loose over millions of years each time it passed the earth and following it like a cloud...that could rain down...multiple events like the one in Siberia?

I am not the doomsday sort, but that question needs to be asked and researched IMO....before 2029 comes around. Because if that Siberian meteor had hit a major city...or if 20 of those meteorites had struck the earth instead on one...it would be an issue.

Either way the Scientists who rushed to calm the public saying the Russian meteorite was definitely not related to DA14?...I think they could have been wrong...and I am more convinced as reports come in of as over-sized or dramatic meteorites being sighted across the globe.

There was a trail/cloud of smaller meteors following DA14 in my strong opinion...and we need to account for those when tracking large metoerites that pass near the earth.

edit on 18-2-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS VIDEO? IS THIS REAL? IS IT POSSIBLE? IF SO, AMAZING.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dontlistentome

Why would we think of meteorites like dry rain when they are nothing at all like "dry rain"?

Because it condenses in "clouds" of dust, falls from the sky, and is dry. Apparently you don't think much before you communicate. Either that or you're incapable of thinking in the abstract.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Corbin Dalus

Isn't that just "the doorway to hell"? This has been mistakenly posted several times. It's a burning pit of gas that I understand has existed for awhile now.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I for one would leave a hand print on the back of their head that would last for days.

Smack you in yo head !

edit on 18-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

i actually laughed out loud at this.

i appreciate your thanks, i just felt like i had to document the event, even at the risk of being called a liar or having people doubt me. its one of those situations where you wish you could shout and show it to everyone so they could witness it for themselves.

as soon as that fireball lit up, i had the worst feeling of dread and doom come over me, i remember catching myself saying "oh sh** " out loud inside my car, as people pointed towards the skies, very surreal it felt like a movie
edit on 18-2-2013 by ooYODAoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by 33vibe

tl;dr

paraphrase it ok

Basically, some of the old philosophers believed that "as above, so below". And just like water and ice can accumulate and fall from the sky so can earth.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander

Your not the only one, I saw some in Northern Utah, evening time, about 4 months ago, no one else saw them except me who always looks at the sky.

Same color, same shape and same reaction (mid-air extinguish).

But if that isn't enough, ever saw 2 red "stars" come close then get away far then dim out? About 3 months ago I saw that.

What ever is going on out there, it must be hell.

man that must be weird as hell the part about the 2 red stars...

this week im buying a telescope, and im getting my video camera ready. im going to carry a camera almost everywhere i go.

i experienced an unidentified craft back in new years day 2013.. so many crazy things to wrap your head around sometimes its overwhelming. what the hell is going on?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

as soon as that fireball lit up, i had the worst feeling of dread and doom come over me, i remember catching myself saying "oh sh** " out loud inside my car, as people pointed towards the skies, very surreal it felt like a movie

I have an account written in here some where I must dig up. Happened to me here in Cali back in 2000 Sun Jan 2nd. But I have done that, this is it moment my self. I'll try to find it so I can cut and paste as it's quite elaborate.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I know one thing for certain. This is a statistical anomaly. Large meteors which are able to make it through the atmosphere and to the ground without burning up are quite rare. The one in Russia was one of the most powerful we've had in quite some time, and it sounds like the one described by the OP was quite large and powerful too. All these similar events packed together so tightly is certainly out of the norm. It could be a coincidence, but if we see any more like this I'll be fairly convinced we're entering an area of space which contains a large amount of debris.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 33vibe

can't, too many holes.

Dust can't act like a hailstone and fall like that, plus the size of the rock doesn't match up with your said theory.

any other idea?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
I know one thing for certain. This is a statistical anomaly. Large meteors which are able to make it through the atmosphere and to the ground without burning up are quite rare. The one in Russia was one of the most powerful we've had in quite some time, and it sounds like the one described by the OP was quite large and powerful too. All these similar events packed together so tightly is certainly out of the norm. It could be a coincidence, but if we see any more like this I'll be fairly convinced we're entering an area of space which contains a large amount of debris.

An honest post from someone of knowledge. Don't see that often enough.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

haha yea man, apophis is the mack daddy of them all, even the name sounds apocalyptic, it sounds like a villain from superman LOL

just a couple more years to know for sure

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
reply to post by 33vibe

can't, too many holes.

Dust can't act like a hailstone and fall like that, plus the size of the rock doesn't match up with your said theory.

any other idea?

I went into more detail on my p.7 post. It explains how it might work. It has to do with static charge and nitrogen fixation. Really, with an electro static burst, a large area of particles could potentially be condensed in an instant. Iron has been shown to be able to be produced from carbon. Look around on youtube, they take two pencils and run a current through them, spark them together, and produce magnetically attractive particles as iron. Nitrogen compounds are also produced by electricity. Put it all together and you've got nature made bombs falling from the sky.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ooYODAoo
i would say maybe 15-20 minutes ago at the street light of le jeune avenue and nw 7th st, 2 meteors almost caused a multiple vehicle car accident!..and i got front row seats to witness both of them!

i was the first in line at the red light on le jeune ave, and IMMEDIATELY something caught my eye in the sky..you couldn't miss it! it started as a "swipe" for lack of better word..of light, and then BAM! a giant fireball and then it just went black, just disappeared probably lasted 2 seconds, and them again a second "ignition" near the same area it started with a streak of light and then a literal FIREBALL, im talking about like if the light ignited or caught on fire, it was so immense! 2 cars that were turning almost crashed into each other, and several people got out of their cars and pointed at the direction of the 2 fireballs..

i have seen a couple of "shooting stars" before, usually just a "swipe" of light streaking across lasting mili seconds, but god no! not this! it was HUGE and i could see the fire my god we are so helpless and puny!

i thought the Russian video was CGI..or fake...haha wow im such an idiot, how could i be so naive and hard headed...

something is going on, did anyone in this area in florida just see this? about 15 minutes ago?..does anyone know what the hell is going on?

here is what i keep telling myself might be happening.

*our atmosphere has somehow been diminished and these rocks that used to burn out, are now piercing effortlessly into earth.

* i am open to this possibility, the whole "end times" thing, and "flaming rocks falling from the sky" bible verses symbolizing the end times are near? and the "fallen ones" are crashing into earth? a stretch i know but hey..

* alien crafts crash landing on earth

* planet earth entering a certain region in space where all these space rocks are more abundant?

these were no shooting stars, i feel humbled to have witnessed them, yet scared, god the way they just errupted into flames!..UNREAL

god help us

edit: this happened at le jeune ave and nw 7st miami fl at the street light of le jeune ave.

also i so sorry im on my way to pick up my wife from work i wont be able to respond until tomorrow morning, i just felt that this needed to be documented if not at least for the sheer coincidence and circumstances given the recent events of this week
edit on 17-2-2013 by ooYODAoo because: (no reason given)

I'm surprised you thought the videos were fake. I found out about the meteors over Russia within minutes of it happening via another well known conspiracy web-site...way before MSM had any inkling of idea. I knew it was real immediately because there were at least 4 different videos I saw, from different angles. Shortly thereafter , it was on RT, and spread to various news sites like wild fire.

There have been CONFIRMED sightings of meteors in Russia, India I believe, Miami, and like 5 other places, it is NUTS.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Someone please tell me the thread authors remark about thinking the 237 Russian meteor videos were CGI fakes was a joke.

Because if it was not, I have to substract two full points from the total average IQ of this planets population, from 70 to 68, and that would mean the chimpanses would then lead with 69 points.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join