It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul was a murderer

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Didn't YOU use his name? How was Jesus a figment of Moses' imagination when Jesus wouldn't live until over 1,000 years later?

You avoided my question. If god is all-powerful and omnipresent, then wouldn't he be able to perceive himself from many different perspectives?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Logarock

If I'm not mistaken, there are a total of 8 individuals in the Bible that were raised from the dead, only to die again.

So here it is at last. The reason for your dissimulation of Paul and Jesus. In Pauls case it must be his words..."it is appointed to men once to dies and then be judged".

"Truly, I tell all of you emphatically, whoever hears what I say and believes in the one who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged, but has passed from death to life.

Jesus never said that one must believe in his death and resurrection. He is teaching a timeless truth.

This is where Paul's message breaks down. Jesus never taught of a "final dispensation." Jesus never taught that death meant "sleep" until his return. Jesus taught that death is an illusion.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Paul is a liar.

Yes Jesus did teach a final dispensation. What book are you guys reading? And the verse you posted has zip to do with your point.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Excuses, excuses. Either way you put it, he died and was brought back to life only to die again.

So much for man dying only once before judgement.

edit on 21-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

But your making my point.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I wasn't aware Moses ever mentioned Jesus by name. And either way, Jesus was Moses just as I am you and you are me.

I have a question for you. Since god is all-powerful and omnipresent, wouldn't he have the ability to perceive himself from many different perspectives? Or is that out of god's reach?

Well he did.....and Jesus even said "Moses spoke of me and if you knew moses you would know me".

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Yes Jesus did teach a final dispensation.

No he didn't.

What book are you guys reading?

What thread are you responding to? This one is about Paul and whether or not his words are worthy of the respect they actual garner.

And the verse you posted has zip to do with your point.

I don't know what point you think I'm trying to make, but the verses I posted do indeed prove Paul to be a liar.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Yes he did. You clearly are a troll. I feel sorry for anyone reading here that lacks the depth of knowlege on this topic to see that you and lightboy are simply ignorant about issues you pose like you understand. You understand nothing.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Didn't I already address that?
I just said Moses was Jesus just as I am you and you are me.... are you even reading the thread at all?

I am is not limited to Jesus and Jesus alone, otherwise no one would be able to say it!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

How have you proven that man only dies once when Paul brought someone back from the dead? How did Eutychus only die once when he was raise d from the dead? Is he still alive or something?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Because Moses was given a TITLE, not a NAME. Moses met the Lord nd the Lord identified Himself by one of His titles, not by His Name.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Uh oh, here comes shut down mode. Once you start throwing insults around you have lost. Instead calling people names, why not prove us wrong?

How have you been proving your point when we have refuted everything you have said so far?

Please prove your point, because so far all you've done is cover your ears and say we're wrong without providing ANY evidence other than what Paul said. Even then, I have proven him to be a liar with him raising a man from the dead.

Stop throwing insults around and at least TRY to defend your standpoint, because thus far you haven't.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

What's the difference exactly? A title is a name.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

What's the difference exactly? A title is a name.

No it isn't. President is a title, Barack Obama is a name.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Okay, I Am. That's a title of mine as well. I AM "insert name here". See how that works?

So if the god that Moses was talking to was named Jesus, why is he called Yahweh? Why does Jesus never call himself Yahweh or even mention his name?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Hi Back Case--

Here are some possible meanings for 'Judas Iscarioth' which suggests that we are dealing with some Aramaic plays on words and not pure history

Aram: Yehudah bar Shimeon Ish Keriotah =Judah the son of Simon, the man of the Cities”

Aram: Yehudah bar Shimeon Ish Kerioth =“Judah the son of Simon, the Man of Kerioth” (i.e. a Moabite)

Or Aram: Yehudah bar Shimeon ish Keryiah” = “Judah the son of Simon, the man who hands out [money]” i.e. the bursar (see the 4th canonical gospel, 'according to Yohanon' whoever he was, chapter 13:29

And since Juda[s] had charge of the money bag, there were some nearby who thought that ho iesous was telling him to buy whatever was needed for the Passover, or to make a donation to the Evionim ('the Poor Ones' a group ('the Ebionites") a Messianic Last Days Group which was headed up by the brother of 'ho Iesous', i.e. Yakkov bar Yosef ha Tzaddiq "Jacob the Righteous son of Joseph aka James the Just)

Aram: Yehudah bar Shimeon Ish Keryiaotah = “Judah the son of Simon, the man who handed-over” i.e. betrayed

It could be that during his lifetime he was called Ish Keyriah (the Bursar) and after the debacle on the hill his name was changed to ‘Ish Keryiotah” = i.e. the man who betrayed / handed over

(‘Yehudah, do you dare to hand over the Bar Enasha by a Kiss?”

cf: Psalms 2

Kiss the Bar Enasha (‘son of man’) , lest he be angry, and you die on the road, for his wrath is quickly kindled )

Food for thought anyway – !

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Uh oh, here comes shut down mode. Once you start throwing insults around you have lost. Instead calling people names, why not prove us wrong?

How have you been proving your point when we have refuted everything you have said so far?

Please prove your point, because so far all you've done is cover your ears and say we're wrong without providing ANY evidence other than what Paul said. Even then, I have proven him to be a liar with him raising a man from the dead.

Stop throwing insults around and at least TRY to defend your standpoint, because thus far you haven't.

Why are you asking me to do what you havent? Besides you do, and not trying to insult my tender friend, a twisted, half baked understand of what you are trying to discredit. I simply cant talk points on this level with a amature.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

How have you proven that man only dies once when Paul brought someone back from the dead? How did Eutychus only die once when he was raise d from the dead? Is he still alive or something?

The body dies as I am sure you understand....we dont call it droping the body but whatever....but no man really dies as in lights out forever. As you know, but are trying to preach otherwise which is ok for this chit chat, we dont believe in a life cycle of repetitive rebirth in a new body time and again. We believe and with good reason that some will be granted a restored body while others will suffer a second final spritual death. You would know if you really had done any research and you may know it. The problem here is that I am not going to set here and give you a bible class with scripture to back up the theology as you have shown time and again that you give good biblical exegesis little regard.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

If Paul said man only dies once then why did he raise a man from the dead? Is the guy he raised from the dead still alive, or did he die again? If he died again, that means Paul was lying.

He either raised the guy from the dead and was lying about man only dying once, or him raising the guy from the dead was a lie. Take your pick, either way he was lying.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

So if man never truly dies, then why did Paul say we only die once? Was he lying about death too?

Round and round we go.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Okay, I Am. That's a title of mine as well. I AM "insert name here". See how that works?

So if the god that Moses was talking to was named Jesus, why is he called Yahweh? Why does Jesus never call himself Yahweh or even mention his name?

Here is a good example. If you knew anything basic you would know that Jesus did in fact say He came to fullfill the law....the law of Yahweh. His foes, those ever loving Yahweh lovers, told jesus that they had the law and moses and didnt need him. To this he said that moses knew him and if they understood moses they would have know him as well and that he came to make good the law....Yahwehs law. Now everbody in that dialogue understood what points were being made on both sides. They thought Jesus was insane with this as well as making himself equal with Yahweh. When He said before Abraham was I Am. Which has been a subject of much debate for ever in the church simply because it makes Jesus look like He is saying that he is Yahweh and/or equal with same.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

So if man never truly dies, then why did Paul say we only die once? Was he lying about death too?

Round and round we go.

There are two deaths, one in the body and the other of the spirit. In fact one can be dead in the spirit while the body remains alive and some alive in the spirit while the body is dying. The second birth can be had while one is still in the body. Those that are dead in spirit go on to the second death after the body dies.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join