It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul was a murderer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is going to be a short post, but I think it will get some people thinking.... maybe.

Most Christians claim that Paul couldn't have been a fraud because his words seem inspired by the holy spirit. What most forget though, is that Paul rounded up followers of Jesus and killed them by the hundreds before his conversion and epistles.

Since Paul murdered followers of Jesus, wouldn't it be safe to assume that he would have also found teachings of Jesus among these followers that he killed? If he did, then wouldn't it be safe to assume that he could have plagiarized Jesus' words and called them his own in order to LOOK holy when he really wasn't?

What say you fellow ATS'ers?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This is going to be a short post, but I think it will get some people thinking.... maybe.

Most Christians claim that Paul couldn't have been a fraud because his words seem inspired by the holy spirit. What most forget though, is that Paul rounded up followers of Jesus and killed them by the hundreds before his conversion and epistles.

Since Paul murdered followers of Jesus, wouldn't it be safe to assume that he would have also found teachings of Jesus among these followers that he killed? If he did, then wouldn't it be safe to assume that he could have plagiarized Jesus' words and called them his own in order to LOOK holy when he really wasn't?

There are many threads about this subject and you are not saying anything new.

I posted this next amount of text in another thread. The mercy given to us will be in proportion to the mercy we have given.

God can only give a sinner mercy. And when that sinner accepts it, a scoffer denies it, looking over to the "old man" which has been put off for the "new man".

Did you not know that in Christ's journeys he found man in a cave. This man's name at the time was Felix of Endor, and upon hearing Jesus words he broke down, confessed to murdering his wife, was forgiven and became a disciple. Jesus gave him the new name of John of Endor and he thus excelled to become one of the most perfected of disciples.

This made Judas of Kerioth jeolous, and Judas went to the scribes and pharisees and told them of this man and a greek slave woman, who escaped to come to Jesus.

Jesus was forced to send them both away to a place called Antioch at the time, where they set up a school for heathens and for women.

They were sent away due to the incredulity and jealousy of man, considering his own judgement correct rather than that of God.

But if I may I will tell you some of Jesus words which you may not know. I am reciting them through the best of my knowledge but they come directly through the doctrine of the Master. It is the parable of the sick man.

There was once a man who committed a crime and got leprosy. He was condemned by doctors and forced to live apart from people. The man's family were sad and so were the members of his village, as they pitied him and his family members.

Praying and living in penitence and isolation the man became cured by the Grace of God. He went back to town and became purified.

Being grateful to God he began to teach and preach in his town of God's mercy and what He had done for him.
The people of the town were less than cheerful, in fact they were spiteful, asking him "why should I take advice from a sinner". And thus the people of the town descended into sin, hatred, and jealousy.

I am sure you know this one "31. Jesus said, "No prophet is welcome on his home turf; doctors don't cure those who know them.""

For those who have no mercy, they will see none.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yeah, Saul the Liar. What about him?

heh

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Is Judas of Kerioth the same as Judas Iscariot? Because they sound similar and both share a similar story.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Is Judas of Kerioth the same as Judas Iscariot? Because they sound similar and both share a similar story.

Yes, at the time there were no last names and people were known by their first name and where they lived.
Judas was a Judean who was born in Kerioth. I do not know if it is called Kerioth any more though..

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Dude, how is this any different than your other Paul thread?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

It is similar, but I didn't mention this possibility until about the tenth page, when most people had already moved on. I thought it deserved its own individual topic.

Don't shoot the messenger.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Assuming is often times a sure fire way of making an "ass" of oneself. So the answer to your question above is simply, no.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Moses was a murderer as well. One consistent theme throughout scripture is God redeeming and using people for His will that are the "outcasts " of society.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

Yes, at the time there were no last names and people were known by their first name and where they lived.
Judas was a Judean who was born in Kerioth. I do not know if it is called Kerioth any more though..

And Judah/Judas/Jude was a very popular Hebrew name. In fact, Jesus's half-brother was also named Judas. (Jude). It's as popular Hebrew name as John is in America.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Moses was a murderer as well. One consistent theme throughout scripture is God redeeming and using people for His will that are the "outcasts " of society.

Moses didn't exist. Why do you continue to perpetuate intellectually oppressive philosophies? They are outdated, and the crimes they are associated with are heinous.

You are running out of warnings.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by backcase

And Judah/Judas/Jude was a very popular Hebrew name. In fact, Jesus's half-brother was also named Judas. (Jude). It's as popular Hebrew name as John is in America.

Actually St. Judas of Alphaeus was not Jesus' half brother, it was His cousin along with St. James of Alphaeus.

They both call each other their brother because they were raised with Jesus, and they received the same teaching from the Virgin Mary as they were home schooled by her from request by their mother.

They were not blood related though as Jesus' biological Father was God Himself, and St. Joseph was the Uncle of James and Judas, the brother of Alphaeus.
edit on 16-2-2013 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Could you please point out the chapter and verse that states Paul/Saul ever killed anyone?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Replying with comments like this makes you look like an ass. And the answer is that YES it is a possibility he picked some manuscripts up when he was going town to town killing them.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
Could you please point out the chapter and verse that states Paul/Saul ever killed anyone?

I think it is the 5th through 20th chapter of acts of the apostles, it is about how he consented to the death of Stephen, persecuted early Christianity, repented, converted and becomes Christian.
edit on 16-2-2013 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Galatians 1
13 For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it.

1 Corinthians 15
9 For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

Acts 8
3 But Saul began to destroy the church. Going from house to house, he dragged off men and women and put them in prison.

Those are just a few, there may be others.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Well, Yahweh was a mass murderer, so I don't care who he did or didn't choose. It's no surprise that Yahweh would choose a murderer, but Jesus? Eh.... no. He was completely against murder and would have never chosen a murderer to carry his message.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

Well, Yahweh was a mass murderer, so I don't care who he did or didn't choose. It's no surprise that Yahweh would choose a murderer, but Jesus? Eh.... no. He was completely against murder and would have never chosen a murderer to carry his message.

Jesus had mercy on every man. I just made this thread for people like you.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Jesus and Yahweh are not the same person/thing. Yahweh showed NO mercy.

Did Jesus ever order the slaughtering of whole towns? No, he preached against things like that. Jesus isn't Yahweh, they're nothing alike.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Jesus and Yahweh are not the same person/thing. Yahweh showed NO mercy.

I never said so, because I simply do not know.

I know that whatever God has done has been done in justice.
Many find what "Yahweh" did as God wrong, but honestly, who is man to judge God.

It is like an ant looking up to a master stone carver and saying, "you are doing that wrong, I could do better".

oh! The pride of men!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join