Paul was a murderer

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Okay, you got me. I can admit that I am wrong, but can you do the same? You haven't so far.

Do you agree that Paul lied when he said man only dies once? He raised a man from the dead who had to die a second time at some point. Either he was lying about man dying once, or he was lying about raising the guy from the dead. Which is it?

ETA: Now that I've looked into it a bit more, the name "Yahshua" is never mentioned, only "Yeshua".
edit on 22-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

"Yahshua" would be Aramaic. Yeshua would be Hebrew.

And the other caveat to Paul's statement was facing judgment. Paul wasn't necessarily stating as fact that men only die once, he knew Jesus and Peter raised ppl from the dead. Paul's statement was a condemnation of the idea of reincarnation. Stating there aren't multiple lives to be had, that a man dies and then comes that person's judgment. So it wasn't truly a doctrinal position on death, as it was a refutation of reincarnation.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Now you're saying he didn't mean exactly what he said? How convenient for those who want you to think you only have one shot. When they convince you this is your only try, they can get you to believe whatever they want you to. Hook, line, and sinker.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Now you're saying he didn't mean exactly what he said? How convenient for those who want you to think you only have one shot. When they convince you this is your only try, they can get you to believe whatever they want you to. Hook, line, and sinker.

I didn't say that he didn't mean what he said. He meant every word. I said that the other aspect of his comment was judgment. That he said that men are appointed once to die and face judgment. He didn't just make a blanket statement that men die once and only once. You must consider the aspect of final judgment which Paul said. Otherwise there would be a false context of his statement.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

You of all people know there is no refutation of reincarnation in that chapter... Saying it does is a bit dishonest

Context my friend... The "chapter" has nothing to do with reincarnation

edit on 22-2-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What other context is there then when he said men are judged after one life and death? Reincarnation is the idea a person has multiple lives and deaths. Paul's statement would be a direct refutation of that belief.

U get one life, then you're judged.

edit on 22-2-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

What other context is there then when he said men are judged after one life and death? Reincarnation is the idea a person has multiple lives and deaths. Paul's statement would be a direct refutation of that belief.

U get one life, then you're judged.

edit on 22-2-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Saying man is destined to live once does not exclude the possibility of reincarnation after judgement...

And like i said that chapter has nothing to do with that subect... It has to so with christ only having to live once to do what was needed to be done...

You know this... Why push something you know isn't true?

edit on 22-2-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Those are the words of Paul, not Jesus. Jesus never once said you only have one shot, in fact he talked about eternal life, not a one and done scenario.

You never did answer my question earlier, why are you avoiding it? One more time though, if god is all powerful and omnipresent, doesn't he have the ability to perceive himself from many different perspectives? If you ignore it again, I will assume you are avoiding it for a reason, mainly because your answer would be yes.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

That's pretty much exactly what verse 27 is talking about. That people get one life, then face judgment.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

That's pretty much exactly what verse 27 is talking about. That people get one life, then face judgment.

And again... You should know thats called cherry picking.... Taking one verse and making it mean something that has nothing to do with what is said previously or after that verse...

C'mon man...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

That's such great advice from Paul you know? Why fight for what's right when we can just wait on Jesus to come back and do it for us? All we have to do is believe and wait................. and now, over 2,000 years later, the world is the most corrupt it's ever been, with wars happening constantly, deforestation, all kinds of pollution, etc.

See what that waiting has brought us? Nothing good and everything bad. That is the problem with Paul right there in a nutshell. Paul was a liar, so of course he would want us to sit on our hands and wait while people like him could bleed the Earth dry and profit off of it, that was the point of his epistles, to make people servants, not free.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What the hell? Who said we shouldn't fight for what's right? That's completely baseless.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It's called a comparison Aaron. It wasn't hyperbole.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Yes ! It is displayed in your post that the god you commune with is not the God of Daniel , Elijah and the Father of Jesus .
Still you have not found evidence of the Revelations of John happening over and over . Your incomplete study of the endtimes is evident . The Mark of the beast for one has never happened nor could have happened . There has never been a one world government , not ever . Your short sided research along with your chosen life style seales your mind to the things of God . I would say from your post you would find it easier to serve Satan .
You have underestimated the validity of the Protocols and what is going on today .

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

It's called a comparison Aaron. It wasn't hyperbole.

The point is you're comparing something that is not being discussed what so ever...

Hebrews 9: 27 is NOT a refutation of reincarnation... And you know it.

That subect is not even relevant to the chapter and using it as such is just dishonest towards those that don't know better as i know you do

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The world hasn't gotten this way overnight.
Obviously we haven't been doing something right. The world is complacent and uncaring because of Paul's teachings, Jesus wouldn't have wanted billions of followers going to church. He said that if you go to pray to do it where no one else could see. What Paul created goes against that teaching, the church.

You say you hate religion, but you defend the guy that created the biggest one in the world. Ironic isn't it?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

But that's not what Jesus said!

John 5:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

There will be no judgement for those who believe, and it sounds to me like reincarnation is very much a possibility to those who are "born of the spirit" to reenter this realm if they so desire.

And why not? Since Christians are still waiting for those "final days" why lay around asleep in the grave or biding ones time in paradise while there's still so much work to be done?

Jesus said:

"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

So there will be unfinished business in the afterlife, unless we are allowed to come back and work on binding those pesky loose ends!

Matthew 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

There is too much work to do to sit on our hands sipping ambrosia on a cloud in paradise for there not to be reincarnation!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by windword

Yes ! It is displayed in your post that the god you commune with is not the God of Daniel , Elijah and the Father of Jesus .

I don't know about that!

Still you have not found evidence of the Revelations of John happening over and over . Your incomplete study of the endtimes is evident.

It's always the end of times and the beginning of times, it's always the best of times and worst of times!

When Jacob saw the ladder ascending into heaven, and the angels travailing it up and down, do you think that that incident was a one time angelic visitation for Jacob and Jacob alone, or do you think that Jacob was given a glimpse of another dimension, allowed to see things that are constant and an "everyday reality" from an angelic point of view? Such is my take on Revelations. There is always a war in heaven that has already been won.

The Mark of the beast for one has never happened nor could have happened . There has never been a one world government , not ever.

And there is no mark of the beast today, nor is there a one world government. However, one could argue that taxes and money are marks of the beast.

Now, as far a one world government, I'm not sure that that is actually mentioned in the book of Revelation. Please correct me if I'm wrong. However, Alexander the Great attempted to conquer the known world and keep it under his one government. The Romans had the same goal. England, France and Italy were in a race to conquer the "new world" for their monarchies.

The Catholic Church claimed the lands that they touched upon as theirs for Jesus Christ and proceeded to kill all indigenous people all the was way until the mid 1500's, when the Pope declared that natives were worthy of salvation {slavery). If they didn't take it, they were killed!

And your very own religion seeks a one world government, under the control of the newly instated ruler Jesus Christ.

Your short sided research along with your chosen life style seales your mind to the things of God . I would say from your post you would find it easier to serve Satan .
You have underestimated the validity of the Protocols and what is going on today .

I left Christianity, in part, because of my disgust for those who find joy and are elated when they hear of the atrocities of war and gleefully await Armageddon and the Great Tribulation. Many organized fundamentalist are trying to bring about war in the middle east to hasten those days, as if Jesus and/or God could be influenced by the deeds of these so called Christians! Their motives and actions are a whole lot more sinister, threatening and evil than the your "Protocols of Zion"!

edit on 22-2-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Text Paul rounded up followers of Jesus and killed them by the hundreds before his conversion and epistles.
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

@ SNLIGHT3N3D1

Not trying to nit pick but I believe you meant to say that Saul of Tarsus (the Sanhedrin member) who was also known as a rabbi was the man who became the apostle Paul of your bible. Saul was the man before his conversion who helped the Roman Govt. to round up Christ followers. Paul, the renewed Christian, had nothing to do with the rabbinic authority after his conversion.

Even at that Saul had no authority (as a Jew) to try or to commit any one to death. His authority was to apprehend and accuse the person of crimes against Rome. The death penalty was the duty of the Roman authority. This is why Jesus was tried by Roman authority and the sentence was also carried out by the power of the Roman authority. Actually Saul of Tarsus had both Jewish and Roman citizenship till his conversion and then he renounced his Roman rights as Paul the apostle of Christ.

I realize that this is a centuries old argument as to who killed Jesus. Some will insist that it was the Jews and some will insist that it was the Romans. The answer that I have learned to accept is that who had the final yes or no in putting Jesus to death. It was the Roman authority of course but then if it had not been the Roman authority it would have been the Jews. Either way the man was condemned. But give the devil his due. Saul was the murderer in heart. Paul was the converted Apostle Paul and not the murderer at heart.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Yep, and getting on the marry go round of reincarnation gona save you from the buger man.

Reincarnation ideas are totaly opposed to Christ. Reincarnation supposes to teach that you can not only cheat death but rise to your own salvation and so in affect is calling Christ a lier....as well as Paul.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Okay, you got me. I can admit that I am wrong, but can you do the same? You haven't so far.

Do you agree that Paul lied when he said man only dies once? He raised a man from the dead who had to die a second time at some point. Either he was lying about man dying once, or he was lying about raising the guy from the dead. Which is it?

ETA: Now that I've looked into it a bit more, the name "Yahshua" is never mentioned, only "Yeshua".

He shouldnt deal with this untill you can say what was diffrent between Jesus resurection and the others as I asked you to do. And you wount take it on ....you cant you dont know how. And hes a bible critic!
edit on 22-2-2013 by Logarock because: n

new topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join