It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depictions Of Alien Greys - Never in Science Fiction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ

Those naughty Vree, such intergalactic jokers.

And Babylon 5 also had the Streib, and there was a few scenes in one or two episodes showing the Shadows servants who looked pretty 'Grey Alien'.
edit on 16-2-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

That was brill

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The origional "gray" was an artists depiction by Aleistor Crowley of his spirit guide aiwass(spelling?)

Interesting the iconic image took off and implanted itself do deep in our perception of Sci-Fi.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowcast
The origional "gray" was an artists depiction by Aleistor Crowley of his spirit guide aiwass(spelling?)

Interesting the iconic image took off and implanted itself do deep in our perception of Sci-Fi.

Thought it originated with the Hill abduction.

The Crowley claim is based on the speculation of one person - Kenneth Grant. The drawing to which you refer was entitled "Lam". Aleister Crowley never claimed that particular drawing to be a depiction of "Aiwass", that Lam and Aiwasss were one and the same, nor that either were extraterrestrial. These conclusions were drawn by Grant in his 1973 book "Aleister Crowley & the Hidden God".
edit on 16-2-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think the VERY first time the Greys were seen in film was the movie The UFO Incident, about the Hill case

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Depictions Of Alien Greys - Never in Science Fiction

I mean no offense but, considering that the whole thing is 'science fiction', in the truest sense of the genre: yes they have.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
Not only did humans discover ET life, but that life form looks exactly like our made up depictions of what spacemen would look like from around the middle of the last century. Let alone artwork from long lost civilizations that eerily look similar.

The chances of finding ET life is astronomical. The chances those same ET look exactly as we believe them to be would be next to impossible.

Cough.. this picture (which I happen to think looks a bit like a grey) is rather older than the last century. It is quite a novel coincidence, I agree.

These pictures are taken from this natural sequence of numbers:

Now you might ask - why did TV and movies settle on an image of an alien which looks quite a lot like a fundamental mathematical object?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
here is real one
Vintage observation footage of a Star Visitor from the Zeta Reticuli star system. Possibly recorded during interrogation of a surviving specimen captured from the 1947 Corona event. This is a humanoid Grey type II. The black/white strip is allegedly part of a much larger catalog of footage that was filmed by unknown government personnel circa Star Visitor Interaction Golden Years of 1942-69. Only a fraction of this three hour film archive has so far been released.

Note: Frame rate has been increased to match true film speed of the actual recording - all other encodings appear to be in slow motion as a result of that transfer error and negates the natural movement of the EBE.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-2-2013 by DeafRaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DeafRaz

beendiscussed over and over on here, its a fake

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

i know grey alien are real cuz i research for many years. ok what about egypt pic have grey alien on wall?
i475.photobucket.com...
there are many evidences out there. that truth are meant to be hide from us.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by HomerinNC

The preferred term is trekker.
Not that I care. Cuz really, I don't. Really.

You must be younger that I thought.

It's Trekkie for us TOS purists... confirmed by Roddenberry himself.

I'm not a dork.

Being a Trekkie since day one and having a speaking park in the first "Trekkies" Movie, I can honestly say I prefer the term Trekkie. And like draknoir2 said, I consider myself a purist. It's my understanding that the term Trekker made it's appearance after Star Wars and the Media folks started using the term Trekkie to identify all Sci Fi Fans. Apparently, the "TOS rerun generation fans" didn't want to be grouped with Star Wars fans. Anyway, I've met Trekkies all over the world and I can't say I recall ever meeting one who didn't want to talk about alien life.

As far as the "first" Grey appearance, I've heard that there was a grey type alien in an episode of the Outer Limits and many thought that was where Barney Hill got the idea for his alien drawings.

And please, if you haven't seen Trekkies, don't waste your time. Denise Crosby told everyone at the Little Rock convention that she was going to show the positive side of Treks educated and intelligent fans. Then when the film came out, it focused on some of the biggest nutjobs in America as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DeafRaz

Thanks for joining in - I just looked at the YouTube clip you linked. I recall when I first saw that clip that I had a deep sensory reaction to it and I felt a deep sadness for the Intergalactic Visitor. I am aware that a poster has stated it was discussed and dismissed as a fake.

I have not discussed it with anyone and I believe it is real. You may think what you like and so may everyone else but I will not be told what to think. The Intergalactic Visitor certainly resembles the depiction of the grey aliens that are portrayed in science fiction.

It's great you are researching for yourself - don't stop looking and conducting your own research because that is when you will stop living. Great post - thank you.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by paraclete1

I stand corrected and have demonstrated that I am not a trekkie. But some of my best friend are.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
My point or rather my observation is that I have never seen a character on a science fiction movie or television show that looks like a Grey Alien. Is it just me or have my eyes not viewed very much science fiction? Has anyone else noted that the Grey Alien so often depicted within the media, mainstream and alternative is never depicted in science fiction entertainment.

Sorry to bring this to you. I am die hard ST fan but the reason for that is just because.... it's expensive to create CGI or any FX to the matter for aliens

ST fan joke: Ahhh the Kligons from ST original series and the Next Generation and after LOL

"We do not discuss it with outsiders."
Poor Wolf
edit on 16/2/13 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeafRaz
here is real one
Vintage observation footage of a Star Visitor from the Zeta Reticuli star system. Possibly recorded during interrogation of a surviving specimen captured from the 1947 Corona event. This is a humanoid Grey type II. The black/white strip is allegedly part of a much larger catalog of footage that was filmed by unknown government personnel circa Star Visitor Interaction Golden Years of 1942-69. Only a fraction of this three hour film archive has so far been released.

Note: Frame rate has been increased to match true film speed of the actual recording - all other encodings appear to be in slow motion as a result of that transfer error and negates the natural movement of the EBE.

www.youtube.com...

the music with the video kind of reminds me of some classic MTV videos. Devo comes to mind. Almost expected that dude to break out in some whacky dance. If he started doing the Robot, I would totally believe it.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Since we are on the subject, here is areal reptilian caught on camera. I don't believe this has been explained adequately.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

My point or rather my observation is that I have never seen a character on a science fiction movie or television show that looks like a Grey Alien. Is it just me or have my eyes not viewed very much science fiction? Has anyone else noted that the Grey Alien so often depicted within the media, mainstream and alternative is never depicted in science fiction entertainment.

The Gray Alien entered our culture after the so-called "abduction" of Betty and Barney Hill:

Betty's written description of the characters in her nightmare depicted short guys with black hair and "Jimmy Durante" noses. It was only in Barney Hill's hypnosis sessions that we got the first description of skinny figures with gray skin, large bald heads, and huge black eyes. After Betty Hill heard these sessions, suddenly her own hypnosis accounts began to describe the same type of character, and from that moment on, she never again mentioned her original Jimmy Durante guys. Many modern accounts wrongly state that her original nightmares also described grays.

Although the popular version of events is that Barney Hill's hypnosis description is the first appearance of a so-called gray alien in modern culture, that first appearance actually came twelve days earlier, on national television, in an episode of The Outer Limits called The Bellero Shield. The alien in that episode shared most of the significant physical characteristics with the alien in Barney's story: Bald head, gray skin, big wraparound eyes. The Hills stated they did not watch it and didn't know about it.

Source: Skeptoid

Betty changed her story that the aliens resembled Jimmy Durante (and had large noses like he did - they called Durante "The Schnozz") after watching the Outer Limits and seeing the alien on that episode - an episode entitled "The Bellero Shield."

Link to a pic of that alien:

Do you still wonder why sci-fi lovers don't speculate on the subject of gray aliens? It's because we are all curious enough to already have found out where they come from - an old TV show.

Harte

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

I watched the clip of the reptilian and the Star Trek Captain. Why didn't the reptilian just bite him when they were in a tight clinch????

I loved the tin foil that had been placed in patches on some of the rocky outcrop behind the Star Trek Captain - nice touch !!!!

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I am familiar with the Betty & Barney Hill event - very interesting event and some very interesting hard evidence left behind to study!!!

You linked a depiction of a Grey Alien and while for the sake of discussion in this thread your link is relevant - I do not see a Grey Alien. When I compare your link with the random images I placed within the opening thread - I do not place them in the same category. All this does is bring up a new avenue for the discussion - you say potato and I say potato.

Anyone think the same or care to disagree or comment?

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I am familiar with the Betty & Barney Hill event - very interesting event and some very interesting hard evidence left behind to study!!!

You linked a depiction of a Grey Alien and while for the sake of discussion in this thread your link is relevant - I do not see a Grey Alien. When I compare your link with the random images I placed within the opening thread - I do not place them in the same category.

Yes, and the greys in Stargate SG1 don't look exactly like the greys in the X Files, etc.

Don't forget that Betty's was a verbal description that was later made into drawn likenesses. These later drawings look more like today's greys, though no two of today's look exactly the same either..

Harte

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DeafRaz

Thats a flower pot

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join