It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteors were apart of the asteriod.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

What was the point of making the post look unreadable and impossible to follow?

Is that how you see things in reality?

Ouch...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Now were cooking with gas.

Oh how i love this website sometimes.

Can you help by elaborating more on your point of view, im interested and you have my attention.

edit on 15-2-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Thanks wino, informative and easy to read.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Could the way the asteroid was "impact" or broken apart caused it to come in the way you describe?

Im still hoping someone will address this idea, however creative it is.

What i mean is could something have been done far out and caused a part of it to come in from the otherside of the atmosphere making it seem unrelated?

Maybe they blew it up so far out that parts of it are getting caught in orbit and coming around the otherside. (i dont know)

I tend to have a similar intuition as you.

Without 'thinking anything' as I watched videos of the incoming projectile late last night, a visceral memory came back to me, based on the shape and aspect the 'meteor' contrail had:

About three years ago, I was a direct witness to an extraordinary sight over the skies where I lived:
The sunset cast an exceptionally rosy color, which made me look up at the sky, where I saw this humungous plume of smoke rising up from the coast of Ventura, CA.

I immediately got onto ATS to describe the event, because I was suspicious (and frightened!), wanting to get feedback from other witnesses.
I don't know why but I thought of an event that had just happened the day before, when a CRUISE SHIP LOST ALL POWER (!!!) off San Diego and passengers were stranded for days without food, sanitaion and electricity.....Sound familiar???........(Our current Carnival cruise ship ordeal?).....And in both instances, they were heading for Mexico

We joined the dots, proposing that the Chinese were firing warning shots at us by slipping a submarine, unnoticed, into our waters and fired an EMP into that cruise ship, disabling it completely.......Again, sound familiar? There was even an 'electric fire' reported on that ship, which disabled all mechanisms. It too had to be towed in!

Right after that, this mysterious MISSILE LAUNCH from inbetween Vandenberg AFB and Point Mugu Naval Base.
Several of us posters were on the same track, but were, as usual, mocked by the usual disinfomationalistas (Sorry Phage, but you were one of those that were arguing it away), trying to reassure us that the enormously huge contrail was in fact a UPS plane on a scheduled flight, flying over our heads, rather than shooting way up into the sky in the opposite direction!

At that time, USA and China were engaged in a spat about shipping rights in the China Sea, so I concluded that this was a two-fold warning shot to the USA, disabling a 'marine vessel' and launching an ICBM from their own submarine in our territorial waters, to test how quick we were to deflct it. There were, indeed, two contrails, split apart from a single one, where we figured the ICBM was shot down and deflected into another trajectory.

In the current 'meteor', the same split-trajectory occurred in the 'contrail', where I believe the incoming ICBM was deflected by the Russians.

Just my intuition!

(Forgive my ignorance of military terms...I'm just a woman, but with a very sharp mind!)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Starling

I was in santa barbara and i remember that whole thing coming to light.

This may also be another alternative and im willing to explore that possibility for sure.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Wow...how colorful and animated

This is the best way to sum it up...and one must allow for inflation with the following, but this quote from the movie Armageddon says it best imo...

President: We didn't see this thing coming?
Dan: Well, our object collision budget's a million dollars. That allows us to track about 3% of the sky, and beg'n your pardon sir, but it's a big-ass sky.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

It is now estimated to be 15 metres in size...

Researchers including Prof. Peter Brown of the University of Western Ontario along with NASA experts have conducted a preliminary analysis of the event. "Here is what we know so far," says Bill Cooke, head of NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office. "The asteroid was about 15 meters in diameter and weighed approximately 7000 metric tons. It struck Earth's atmosphere at 40,000 mph (18 km/s) and broke apart about 12 to 15 miles (20 to 25 km) above Earth's surface. The energy of the resulting explosion was in the vicinity of 300 kilotons of TNT."

Obligatory pretty picture:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Now we're cooking with gas.

Oh how i love this website sometimes.

Can you help by elaborating more on your point of view, im interested and you have my attention.

Greetings:

Thank you for your kind words.

We merely postulated that the 'other' impacts were not a part of 2012 DA14, but perhaps companions of the un-announced 2013 CL22...

For grins, here are screencaps of the JPL Orbit Diagrams for both 2013 CL22 and 2012 DA14 for 15 January, 2 February, 8 February and 15 February to see if this is a more probable scenario rather than the opposing meteor theory.

V-relative (km/s)
2feb2013 9.6552 km/sec
2feb2013 10.1420 km/sec (8 hours later)

V-relative (km/s)
15feb2013 7.8199 km/sec
16feb2013 6.5706 km/sec

Riddle us this:

Why the 'significant' change in relative speed?

One might think that these entities would have a 'constant' speed.

Thanking all replies in anticipation.

[color=magenta]Peace Love Light
tfw
[color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Starling

I don't really believe this, I think it was just coincidence, but....

There was an article on Drudge that said a russian military guy said it was missle fired from alaska, and that along with the number of different meteors showing up this last day all around the world, and the fact that the russians were flying fighter jets armed with nuclear warheads around guam a couple of days ago - the cruise ship in the gulf of mexico? why didn't they just port in cozumel? they were closest to mexico.

A buch of WW3 super-powers trying to showboat their closest missle systems to eachother?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Mods please move this to the right spot.

Let me start by saying what i have to say is short and sweet. I also have no real supporting evidence as i have just had this thought.

ATS please help me debunk and or verify this. This may already be being discussed but i just got home and wanted to post ASAP.

I believe the meteor impacts happening are apart of the asteroid that may have been careening towards earth. I think they knocked it off course and parts of the asteroid are now hitting us.

This may be nonsense but who knows and why not.

S & F I think your not to far from the truth here.
I put up a thread on the fireball I saw in Australia on Tuesday night 12th Feb.
It was'nt very big, about the size of a cat maybe

I think the Asteroid might be the largest object in a large meteoroid field.
The smaller stuff hit us on Tuesday and they seam to get bigger through the week as the Asteroid came closer.
If the Asteroid is in the centre of a meteroid field then we will see more fireballs over the next few days.
Keep watching the skys

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

I'd agree with you, seen a great display tonight (Melb). Certainly a busy patch of space at the moment.

I don't like coincidences... I do like gravity though, so, perhaps as DA14 was approaching it had broken a bit, smaller bit gets caught in gravity... So, perhaps something along these lines? (Very simplified, might have had a few complete loops around earth first?).

edit on 16-2-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Exactly what i wanted to get across.

But i dont think it just broke apart, i think it was forcefully broken apart. Look....

Post by fourwinds....

Why the 'significant' change in relative speed? One might think that these entities would have a 'constant' speed. Thanking all replies in anticipation.

Was something used to break it apart that could have caused this?

How does this information differ from what others have post earlier in the thread, about trajectory and where the meteor came from, are their time tables and speeds the rocks would have to be traveling at?

edit on 16-2-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Riddle us this: Why the 'significant' change in relative speed? One might think that these entities would have a 'constant' speed. Thanking all replies in anticipation.

Im going to have to take some time when i get home to really go over those graphs i guess you can call it and learn how to read them.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Did you see the information post by member Uberl33et earlier? Aparently the meteor came from a completely different trajectory.

I find this hard to believe but without evidence supporting the contrary i have to kind of believe it. I see what your saying though and the same type of questions brought me to starting this thread.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Buddy what did they knock it off course with then???

A wing on a prayer?

A big stick?

Feelings of love and peace? Not bloody lightly on this rock i may add!

We aint got nothing that could or would affect anything of significant size!

edit on 16-2-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Why the 'significant' change in relative speed?
One might think that these entities would have a 'constant' speed.

They do. Relative to the Sun (which they orbit). Pretty much so.

But because the angle between the object and the Earth is constantly changing, so does the relative speed between the object and the Earth.
edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

So, perhaps something along these lines? (Very simplified, might have had a few complete loops around earth first?).

The meteor hit Russia about 16 hours before the closest approach of DA14. At that time DA14 was about 380,000 km from Earth (the distance of the Moon). Any ideas on how a piece of the asteroid would get that far ahead of it, or why it would obtain such a different orbit?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks phage. Now I think it's time to consider other options.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Like...the Russian meteor was a random event? Unrelated to the asteroid?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
What if there are alien mother ships around the asteroid belt just getting ready to nail us?

Planetary doom!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join