It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteors were apart of the asteriod.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerMcBacon

@woog- yeah i keep hearing that but something tells me they are somehow related. I mean ive heard the space rock to space analogies explaining the amount of space between each rock and how likely they are to hit. Applying that logic to this situation would imply that they are closely related.

Not to sound like a broken record but to reinforce the logic behind what i think you and others like myself may be thinking.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Fair enough...

I'll stay subscribed to your thread for a bit...but I'm going with my instincts as well and not holding my breath for any resounding discoveries to be made that the Russian meteorite was part of DA14. No offense in the slightest intended mind you

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Oh im not taking offense at all you have a "graceful" approach! I didnt start the thinking anyone would agree with me i just wanted to read objections without having to learn astrophysics because well, because i dont have time for that.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Could the way the asteroid was "impact" or broken apart caused it to come in the way you describe?

Im still hoping someone will address this idea, however creative it is.

What i mean is could something have been done far out and caused a part of it to come in from the otherside of the atmosphere making it seem unrelated?

Maybe they blew it up so far out that parts of it are getting caught in orbit and coming around the otherside. (i dont know)
edit on 15-2-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
We're all amazed, and amused I think if may say for all of us, by the coincidence. However, 2 separate events have no statistical bearing upon one another, and there are a lot of events going on simultaneously in our Universe, that's what makes being here so cool I think. Let me put it this way, 98% of all traffic accidents in the United States happen within 5 miles of a bathtub. Coincidence?............. Of course it is, there are no mitigating factors relating one to the other. A pragmatists would state that people only drive on roads which implies a civilized area which hence applies bathtubs would exist. You get the idea I hope.
edit on 15/2/13 by DangerMcBacon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerMcBacon

But you understand the logic behind the reason why i would question it in the first place right?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Maybe this might clear it up...if you believe this that is...

From NASA:

According to NASA scientists, the trajectory of the Russia meteor was significantly different than the trajectory of the asteroid 2012 DA14, making it a completely unrelated object. Information is still being collected about the Russia meteor and analysis is preliminary at this point. In videos of the meteor, it is seen to pass from left to right in front of the rising sun, which means it was traveling from north to south. Asteroid DA14's trajectory is in the opposite direction, from south to north.

Russian meteor trajectory: North to South
DA14's trajectory: South to North

So in essence they were heading towards one another (respectively). If the Russian meteor was once a part of DA14 it would have to have been separated from DA14 in some way. Logically, if that was the case the Russian meteor (if a part of DA14) would have been heading away from its source not towards one another (respectively).
edit on 2/15/2013 by UberL33t because: typo

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

This may sound ignorant to those with knowledge of this but here goes,,,

Is it possible for the asteroid to have been pulled or pushed by the orbit of the earth kind of cloaking its point of origin?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

pulled or pushed by the orbit of the earth

This is DA14's orbit:

DA14's orbit fluctuates on its round trips through the solar system, this will be the closest fly-by (to Earth) for decades to come. Does that answer your question?
edit on 2/15/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Well, yeah it does, in a way. I mean the asteroid getting caught in orbit and orbitting before it hits.(im speaking about the meteor not the asteroid, the asteroid being the meteor before impact, i may be confusing some people here).

And i appreciate your patience.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

No problem...

I don't know its detailed path, but if gravity were to be a factor and grab it from its orbit it would most likely be Jupiter's gravity that does it. If it ever got too close it probably wouldn't even be measurable it would be so insignificant.

But yes, on some level, the gravity of planetary objects that it passes most likely affects its "path" through the solar system, albeit so far not to our detriment.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I think i confused you. The meteor that hit russia could have been grabbed by earths orbit and changed trajectory before impacting, or does it hit dead on?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Yeah a quick google search does reveal that but i dont believe it.

So your intentions were to never really learn or discover but fuel your intuition and try to find an angle that best suited your perception of the event? Doesn't matter if people who are versed in astrophysics tell you otherwise or others here point you in that direction? You will just willful ignore it and continue your search for your "conspiracy"?

ATS at its best....

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

No my intentions were to have a live discussion about the subject matter were i could inquiry my ideas with someone more knowledgeable then myself.

Hence the reasoning behind having a forum. Discussion.

Should we talk about your reasoning for responding in this thread?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Earth's orbit around the Sun was in the path of this meteor (or vice verse). It made a skirting entry into our atmosphere in which most of it broke up on entry but it made enough of an entry to cause a pretty decent blast wave. So it wasn't a direct hit per se.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Ahhhh ok. Thanks for the information and taking the time to answer. That was one of the big questions i had, aside from the probability.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Well ample evidence has been given that it just happened. Trajectories are completely different. What more could it be? Are you speculating that somewhere in the past that part of 2012 DA 14 had a piece of it break off and that through time it coincidentally came to Earth near the same time as its "parent" did?

My reason is you were given a pretty good answer from some very smart people educated and versed in the field only to dismiss it as your "intuition". Don't get me wrong though, intuition is big with me, but I just see in this instance, evidence that there is more out there of smaller sizes we don't identify that hit the Earth; most of them over oceans where nary a soul is there to experience it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I did listen to what people have to say and i not only did i listen i communicate to them that i understood and took it into account and told them i appreciate the input. Now i have to take everything into consideration and make my own observations based on the new information, however convincing or unconvincing it is.

I understand what you said in your second post a lot more clearly. I respond strongly as you can imagine, because i believe we are free to explore our ideas here and that we have the right community here to do so on ATS. Because of that belief i tend over aggressively "attack" those who dont add constructively to the conversation in either direction, right or wrong.

Having said that i appreciate the fact that you came back to the thread restating your stance in a manner that was less, less aggressive i guess.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

[font=comic sans ms][color=fuchsia]What about this one?[/font]

Remanzacco Observatory - Comets & Neo: Close Approach of Asteroid 2013 CL22

M.P.E.C. 2013-C24, issued on 2013 Feb. 6, reports the discovery of the asteroid 2013 CL22 (discovery magnitude 16.7) by J75 OAM Observatory, La Sagra on images taken on February 05.06 with a 0.45-m f/2.8 reflector + CCD.

2013 CL22 has an estimated size of 30 m - 68 m

(based on the object's absolute magnitude H=24.7) and it had a close approach with Earth at about 1.2 LD (Lunar Distances = ~384,000 kilometers) or 0.0031 AU (1 AU = ~150 million kilometers) at 0743 UT on 2013 Feb. 02. This asteroid reached the peak magnitude ~13.1 on February 02 around 1600 UT.

This asteroid has gone unnoticed through its close approach.

In the period from January 30 to February 05 (discovery date) the asteroid was brighter than magnitude 20 (mag. ~19.8 on Jan. 30, ~18.4 on Jan. 31, ~15.6 on Feb. 01, ~13.5 on Feb. 02, ~15.9 on Feb, 03).

2013 CL22
Discovered (after the fact): 5feb13

Close approach: 2feb13

0.00307507730848359 astronomical units =

285,846.294 miles
or
460,025.018 kilometers

[font=comic sans ms][color=fuchsia]Hey everybody - look over here at DA14 - for sure not to hit planet Earth...

Don't suppose that there might be more incoming that we're not being told about - OH FIDDLESTICKS -
we were warned -[/font] [color=limegreen]Skyfall

edit on 15/2/2013 by thorfourwinds because: cooler

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
OP.

For future reference,

completely different trajectories.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join