It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First UFO experience

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I would first like to thank everyone here for being so welcoming to us newcomers! Of all of the different types of forums I've been involved with, this one really has some of the most intelligent, critically thinking individuals I've come across.

I simply want to tell of my first UFO sighting. It doesn't seem to out of the ordinary, as far as these types of things go. But I've only told three people of it, all of whom were very interested, and took me seriously. One of them has had many, many paranormal experiences throughout his life. He could literally fill books with what he's experienced. I would like to share this story with my new ATS friends. I had another amazing experience a couple days ago, but will save that for another thread...

November 13 of last year (2012) was a Saturday. The time was 10:15 p.m. It was clear and calm out that night. I live about two and a half hours east of St. Louis on the outskirts of a town of about 20,000 people.

I decided to make a quick run to the grocery store to pick up a couple items I wanted to have for the evening. Walking out of our side door and toward my truck, I was immediately struck with the sight of three (seemingly) large, round, orange/red lights in a triangle formation. I was stumbling around our front yard mumbling to myself "WTF. WTF is that." The lights did not just appear, they were already visible when I stepped outside. The object(s) appeared to be no more than 100 feet off of the ground, at a distance of approximately 300-400 yards. The air space it was in was between a residential area with mostly middle age/older people and woods. Mind you, I don't drink, and wasn't altered in any way.

The lights were constant, and visually identical to each other...no flickering, pulsing, or flashing. The lights also did not deviate from their formation at all. It was either one very large craft, or three perfectly synched crafts. I assume it was one, but cannot say with complete certainty. It was (very deliberately and smoothly, not too quickly) ascending (from my point of view) southwest at approximately a 45° angle to the ground. After watching in complete shock for about 30-40 seconds, they lights faded away. It was as if someone had a dimmer switch and slowly turned it off. I have no idea what happened at that point. I don't know if the entire craft disappeared (assuming it was one craft, not several), if it took off at an impossible rate of speed directly away from me, or what. Another point to make was that whatever it was made no sound that I could hear. It was dead silent outside. I've seen Chinese lanterns, by the way. This was definitely not the case. Not even close.

I'm going to try to imbed an image I re-created in Photoshop to give you an idea of what I witnessed. It's pretty accurate. The lights may be a bit oversized, however. The yellow arrow indicates the direction of travel. I didn't get any pictures, sadly. Something told me it wouldn't last long, and I didn't want to go in the house to find the camera, knowing I would miss something this important. I felt that my memories and mental images were not worth losing.

I've always watched the skies, but never seen anything too surprising. I am so very fortunate and grateful to have witnessed this. It's one of those rare moments in life that makes you realize there is so much more to what we know. Thanks for reading!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Geetface

I have witnessed something similar to this except I was terrified.

The one I saw was much closer and I could actually see the detail on the craft. When it wasn't shaking in some weird vapour like mist fashion, like I was looking at it in desert heat. Just don't let it influence you like I did, ended up in the new age and everything. Be vigilant.

Be careful who you tell as well, even though you KNOW what you saw, people will do almost anything to make you doubt yourself because of their own lack of experience. I do have one question:

Did it 'fold' itself in at any point, and fold out somewhere else?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

Had I actually seen details of the craft, I would most likely have been terrified as well. Do you mind sharing in the details of the craft you saw? After it was gone, I actually drove towards the area where it was, hoping to get a closer look if it showed itself again. It never did, though.

I have no interest in new age ideals, or anything along those lines. It hasn't changed me, other than the fact that I watch the skies more carefully and know the potential for future sightings is there.

I knew the three people I confided in would believe that what I said happened actually happened. I didn't want to tell anyone else. Very few would understand, anyway.

I didn't see it fold itself and re-appear. But what I saw two nights ago did! Well, not so much folding, just disappearing, and re-appearing somewhere else in the sky. I'll save that one for another thread, though.

This experience is why I joined ATS. I'm glad I can share it with others who understand, and may have some input/answers.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Cool story,
I'll totally take your word for it. Based on my own experiences, I have to problem believing that you saw something special that night. There are plenty of reasons not to discard your experience as "imagination", "misinterpretation" or anything of the sort. Even though we shall always keep our options open- as long as it is unexplained, it has no current explanation

Keep watching the skies mate, chances are you'll se more of that kinda stuff as time goes on.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Yes I can.

It was a black pyramid that could change colour when it wanted. It had a fluid like surface that could shift around. It had symbols on it that kept moving and warping around. It was silent. It was shooting a green beam into our local park that gave off ZERO residual light, meaning it was probably a laser, or holographic in nature. It was tumbling around as though it had some string through it's centre, except it was HUUUUUGE. I can't give an estimate because the distance I couldn't tell. I only know it wasn't far. I'd say ABOUT 600m. But at one point it folded to right over our neibours house, further in the air. Then it folded over our local shop, then back to the park then back in front of my house. It had lights on it, but they changed colour as I say. Sometimes it would stop tumbling around and looked as though it was suspended in time itself. Like it had stopped time around itself, as when it did this the symbols didn't move anymore. It didn't tumble fast, it did it slow, it looked deliberate.

This thing though. I remember more the FEELING I got from it, and it was NOT a good one, I can tell you that right now. I'll swear by it until the day I die. It was frigging evil. Pure, unadulterated evil. When it was done doing what it was doing (showing off it looked like) it shot off straight into the air, again making no noise.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Thanks for the comments. I'm not saying it was necessarily ETs, interdimensional beings, etc. But it was unlike any aircraft I've ever seen. I grew up near an airport, and a couple of my buddies are pilots. If it was one of ours..well, I don't even have a comment for that.

Another thing I forgot to mention: It had zero aviation/navigation lights. Just the three lights I mentioned. What kind of military/civilian aircraft fits this description? None that I know of.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Really envious of your experience!!!
On a sidenote,I think this is what ATS is about, especially in the UFO forum:sharing personal experiences without getting caught in these tiresome "debunking battles".
And it works best when there are NO photos or vids as they usually lead to NOTHING!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well I've never seen anything weird and honestly I can't say I'm upset about that.

Seems kind of scary.

I enjoy reading other peoples encounters though and it sounds like something really strange you saw. Hopefully you might find out what it was eventually.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Well of course, as long as there is no proof of it being either or, we can just speculate. Hopefully you will see it again to get some references. Seems like these kind of sightings tend to repeat themselves in the same location sometimes.
Might there be some explanation related to the surroundings?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Thanks so much for sharing the details. I've read reports of what you witnessed, and I remember them giving off the same feeling. Evil. They mentioned the same charactaristics: huge black pyramid able to fold itself, fluid surface, silent, the beam of light, and giving witnesses a sense of terror. So sorry to hear you had such a negative experience. It sounds like it was really trying to terrify you, for some reason. I've not encountered anything that evil, and hope not to.

I feel confident that what I saw was benevolent, or at least neutral. I only say this because I got no sense of fear from it. It was almost calming, but in an exciting way. I do feel like it/they wanted me to see it, as strange as that seems. It gave me a show for a good 30-40 seconds.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It will always give that everlasting impression, and before you know it you will search this site to find similar stories that will confirm what you have seen. But will never satisfy you because its untouchable and soon you notice that it's like a mysterious unsolved burden to live with....But other than that It will open your eyes more then before...

I filmed the exact thing you saw , and those were also no lanterns , no flickering one solid glow....

edit on 15-2-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Do you care to share the video you shot? I'd love to see it and compare.

I've tried looking up sightings in my area through MUFON and a couple others, but only came up with a few unsubstantiated ones. I would love to see it again. I've been looking. That's for sure.

The UFO experience my wife and I had the other night was totally different, but just as interesting. We took lots of pictures and videos that time, but it was very dark and you can't make much of anything out. Maybe we should buy a better camera! I may start a new thread about that one soon.

I agree about the debunking battles. They usually start off interesting, but the allure quickly fizzles out. For me, at least.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Geetface because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

No problem ... Here you go :

After this sighting I've seen many more.. I still ask myself what I saw .. However many are claiming these are lanterns. I know what I saw and the behavior of these orange spheres. A few years later my wife looked outside the window and there they were again.. I ignored them and got to sleep , then my wife said: strange the spheres flew by in Ursa major formation. I jumped up to look were they were.. and to surprise the spheres were gone but the Ursa major constellation stood right in front of my window..
edit on 15-2-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I wonder how much of a technological difference their is between the orange orbs and the black triangles. Ive seen those black traignle once or twice. It would just fly silently bounce kinda up or down, but not side ways. It was weird shape though, like it was a triangle, but it kinda of looked like boba fett ship from stars but black, and more of triangle shape.

As far as orange orbs go, they seem all over the place in movement in some ufo videos or reports, or they just stay completely stationary..

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geetface

Thanks so much for sharing the details. I've read reports of what you witnessed, and I remember them giving off the same feeling. Evil. They mentioned the same charactaristics: huge black pyramid able to fold itself, fluid surface, silent, the beam of light, and giving witnesses a sense of terror. So sorry to hear you had such a negative experience. It sounds like it was really trying to terrify you, for some reason. I've not encountered anything that evil, and hope not to.

I feel confident that what I saw was benevolent, or at least neutral. I only say this because I got no sense of fear from it. It was almost calming, but in an exciting way. I do feel like it/they wanted me to see it, as strange as that seems. It gave me a show for a good 30-40 seconds.

The UFO reports with odd optical effects are the most intriguing to me, because they suggest the effect of gravitational metric engineering (a.k.a. "warp drive"), which would have inevitable consequences of optical gravitational lensing.

Also, if the 'warp field' continued off the craft some distance it is theoretically possible that its physical nature could induce, by biological/physical means, psychological effects in the brains of observers.

However, there is also known to be military research on "optical stealth", passive and active metamaterials to radically change the visual appearance of a craft. As this technology really only has military, and no commercial, application much of it would be kept secret, because its particular effects would be very valuable in protecting a craft from both enemy human observers (perceptual stealth) and the optical imaging sensors in the latest generation of anti-aircraft missiles.

Training people to think of these as 'ufos' and possibly menacing ET's instead of military aircraft contributes to their survivability.

edit on 15-2-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Very, very nice. They do look like the same types of objects. Were they moving, or stationary? It's difficult to tell from the video. It's great you were able to get such good footage of it.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

They were moving but stopped above me then they climbed in spiral movement upwards higher and left the atmosphere. That are characteristics lanterns don't have.. But they can easily be mistaken for lanterns....

They came in waves first two then three and at last two.. When they were gone a helicopter started to fly around the perimeter,very strange...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I remember something kinda of similar to your story.

I was hanging out with a couple of buddies(this was back after I had finished high school I believe). We were hanging out at a friends old high-skool. Now Im guessing this was the right place at the right time. I was just staring at the northern part of the sky, when I saw sumthing fall at such a high speed from a far distance. It was bright enough that I could see smoke coming from it, which was coming out of vertically and this was at night. This told me that it was crashing.

But the really weird part was, that after I had saw it...I had a heard a bunch of sirens and a helicopter. I couldn't see one, but I don't remember trying to look for one I could hear it and it sounded like it was in a hurry cause the sound left just as quickly as it came.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Sounds an awful lot like Chinese lanterns to me. No doubt you won't agree.
edit on 16-2-2013 by dmsuse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

`Sometime things are to strange to really know what it is... But when you see things out of the ordinary, your gut feeling will tell you Its real or just man made.. Always try to question yourself when you see things like these.

People always try to dismiss unexplained things. And its not strange that it happens because we don't really understand everything that happens within our universe..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join