It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
reply to post by zoomer72

no, these are buildings who's roof did a partial collapse, and as you can see, the whole roof did not come down nor the structure....

that is what you are claiming that the zinc factory's roof should have done.

I'm giving you examples that your absolute statement is not true.

mmkay ...wut? stick at the issue... do not give pictures of other roofs cause they are not relevant...[
Why dont you show me the zinck factory picture / pictures and explain the roof collapse ok?

edit on 2/15/2013 by zoomer72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Each fragment creates a sonic boom as it passes overhead but are you sure you hear 9 separate booms? None are repeated in the various videos?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoomer72

Originally posted by Phage

Ps .Your link wasnt from the russian factory today? aye

No, it wasn't. It was an example of a weak point failure. You said such a thing can't happen. It can and does.

Naw Phage, i never said that could not happen, i said it seems unlikely that it happened at this time at that factory? why did you link some irrelevant photos of some places that have nothing to do with this? why not the ones that matter? Are you actually saying Russian building is so bad that sonic boom brings even factories down? come on....

Im sorry for being off topic but your realy pissing me off.
You can not possibly be as ignorant as your making out or you must be a Troll.
And give the Russians some credit....most of their stuff is over engineered from what iv seen and damn near bullet proof.....almost meteor proof lol.

I would expect a lot more damage to be honest.
edit on 15-2-2013 by xXSvenXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bennogob

How can NASA and his NEO program could have missed that 15 meters bugger while they can detect 5/6 meters incoming debris or asteroids?

Because it was tiny, fast, and coming from the direction of the Sun.
What 5/6 meter asteroids are you referring to and what direction were they coming from?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I seen a few of the videos but in this close up picture the contrails are just too regular and identical, following exactly the same path and they are definitely two separate parallel contrails, look at the moment the incline starts and follow the line of the two trails, it looks more like a manufactured controlled experiment with something that has twin engines than a natural meteorite events' contrails.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by Phage

I seen a few of the videos but in this close up picture the contrails are just too regular and identical, following exactly the same path and they are definitely two separate parallel contrails, look at the moment the incline starts and follow the line of the two trails, it looks more like a manufactured controlled experiment with something that has twin engines than a natural meteorite events' contrails.

I see 2 distinct trails that parallel each other.

They do not look regular and identical to me.

In fact, if you tried to photoshop them, and overlayed one atop of the other, they won't match.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

They are all giving you evidence that disputes your assumption that the hole could only have been made by an impact.

I lived in a house that had a roof partial collapse from snow.. a 6 x 6 foot hole in the ceiling from the weight. Am I saying thats what happened here.. no, but you are saying ti can only be an impact hole. To say a shockwave can't produce a partial collapse is absurd.. unless your background is structural engineering and you can give me proof instead of opinion.

Remember.. Deny ignorance.

Further.. if something "impacted" the zinc factory that you are referring to, there will be debris and further damage inside not caused by a roof collapse. We shall see.

edit on 15-2-2013 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Naw Phage, i never said that could not happen,

Really, I must have misunderstood you then:

if it was strain the whole roof would of come down) but that damage looks like something made a hole in the middle of the roof , no strain can do that...

why did you link some irrelevant photos of some places that have nothing to do with this?

Because you said it couldn't happen.

Are you actually saying Russian building is so bad that sonic boom brings even factories down?
No. What I said was that a roof which may have been snow laden (or old, or shoddily constructed) could have failed under the effects of the shock wave.

edit on 2/15/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

They are very similar though, perhaps not identical

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I posted the video. Please watch it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bennogob
How can NASA and his NEO program could have missed that 15 meters bugger while they can detect 5/6 meters incoming debris or asteroids?

edit on 15-2-2013 by Bennogob because: (no reason given)

Exactly

Of all weeks and/or days to have this happen when thousands of eye balls are affixed to the cosmos right now is indeed mighty interesting!

And it makes me wonder if my first suspicions of this being fragments of the asteroid that NASA blew up themselves, is what really happened. Hence: no warning.

Face it, we're just learning the difference between a planet and a planetoid so what makes us think we'd know a meteor from an explosing asteroid if it flew by?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Ask yourself this, if a meteor simulation experiment were to be set up, basically demonstrating that a meteorite exploded in the atmosphere, how likely would it be that there would be parallel contrails of the same size, keeping exact distance and following each others peaks and troughs with such exactitude? It is unlikely.

Even from the point of explosion, the randomness increases, the more fragments the more randomness is generated, there are limitless possibilities, instead this thing created two almost symmetrical contrails, that defies logic.
edit on 15-2-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Human_Alien

Each fragment creates a sonic boom as it passes overhead but are you sure you hear 9 separate booms? None are repeated in the various videos?

Take a listen yourself. I heard and counted 9 booms/explosions.

And don't get too used to this but I actually like your explanation. Thanks!
See?...doesn't it give you pleasure to be helpful than a condescending snake to me all the time?

I think ATS members should cyberly; light a camp fire, join hands and break out in a chorus of Kumbaya now

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I see your logic.. but, if it was to occur once in a million tries.. it means even though highly unlikely, still possible.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Bennogob

edit on 15-2-2013 by Bennogob because: (no reason given)

Exactly

Of all weeks and/or days to have this happen when thousands of eye balls are affixed to the cosmos right now is indeed mighty interesting!

And it makes me wonder if my first suspicions of this being fragments of the asteroid that NASA blew up themselves, is what really happened. Hence: no warning.

Face it, we're just learning the difference between a planet and a planetoid so what makes us think we'd know a meteor from an explosing asteroid if it flew by?

Hehehehehehe.......

Well HA you are right, we don't know every thing, and yes, today of all days seems to be one heck of a lucky roll of the dice...

Does it have some significant meaning? Is some higher power (aliens, god, etc) trying to give us a message?

Hell if I know. I do know that given enough time with as larges as our universe is, things like this are bound to happen.

But as for the difference between a meteor and a exploding asteroid........

The terms (names) that we use are set by the IAU. Meaning that according to them, the standard is thus:

Asteroid: a very large body, usually not spherical in space.
Meteoroid: smaller than a asteroid, but still in space.
Meteor: either a meteoroid or asteroid that is now in the atmosphere.
Meteorite: the meteoroid or asteroid that has finished traversing the atmosphere and is now on the ground.

It would be better if we could find everything and track it, but as I and others have said on here, to be fair, this puppy came at us from the sun, and is quite small.

Today was like a hero facing off with a dangerous gun man, watching his every move..........only the hero didn't see the 2nd gunman who came at him from the direction of the setting sun......

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

They are all giving you evidence that disputes your assumption that the hole could only have been made by an impact.

I lived in a house that had a roof partial collapse from snow.. a 6 x 6 foot hole in the ceiling from the weight. Am I saying thats what happened here.. no, but you are saying ti can only be an impact hole. To say a shockwave can't produce a partial collapse is absurd.. unless your background is structural engineering and you can give me proof instead of opinion.

Remember.. Deny ignorance.

Further.. if something "impacted" the zinc factory that you are referring to, there will be debris and further damage inside not caused by a roof collapse. We shall see.

edit on 15-2-2013 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

Hey m8 all i say is shockwave doesnt do a hole in a ceiling..... usually it just blows windows in or out...or takes down the building
nothing more ..nothing less...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

two almost symmetrical contrails

I don't see that.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Naw Phage, i never said that could not happen,

Really, I must have misunderstood you then:

if it was strain the whole roof would of come down) but that damage looks like something made a hole in the middle of the roof , no strain can do that...

why did you link some irrelevant photos of some places that have nothing to do with this?

Because you said it couldn't happen.

Are you actually saying Russian building is so bad that sonic boom brings even factories down?
No. What I said was that a roof which may have been snow laden (or old, or shoddily constructed) could have failed under the effects of the shock wave.

edit on 2/15/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

ok Phage so you tell us how the buildings (zinc factory)roof collapsed like that because of sonic boom? im eager to see?
edit on 2/15/2013 by zoomer72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Hey m8 all i say is shockwave doesnt do a hole in a ceiling

Was it falling objects which caused those other partial failures you've been shown?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

Ask yourself this, if a meteor simulation experiment were to be set up, basically demonstrating that a meteorite exploded in the atmosphere, how likely would it be that there would be parallel contrails of the same size, keeping exact distance and following each others peaks and troughs with such exactitude? It is unlikely.

Even from the point of explosion, the randomness increases, the more fragments the more randomness is generated, there are limitless possibilities, instead this thing created two almost symmetrical contrails, that defies logic.
edit on 15-2-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

Ah! You've just shown that you do not understand atmospheric effects.

First, those contrails streamed off of the meteor at around 18,000 mph. The were in no way shape or form fluffy, etc. They were like water shooting from a fire hose.

Take a look at a jet in the sky when it's contrails are streaming behind it.

Afterwards, you have 2 trails of billowing smoke that have now slowed, side by side. Same air currents. Same air density, Same air temperature.

I would be very suspicious if they did not have similiar characteristics.

But even so, given convection of currents, the particles making up that smoke trails in the end are still not exactly identical.

Why you have (and so far seem to be just about the only one) to have a major issue with the meteor's contrail is beyond me.

It's almost like you MUST believe that something MUST be wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join