It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by eriktheawful

I have studied physics.

You don't seem to understand that for two parallel contrails following the same peaks and troughs would have to have the same mass and shape for such an exact contrail match, in addition to velocity, friction etc. This is the statistical anomaly.

If they were more irregular or if one of the trails vapourised first it would be more normal but for a randomly shaped meteorite undergoing random stress and fracturing, the resultant contrails would be more random. Superheated fragmenting iron and rock flying at immense velocity doesn't normally produce such evenly matched trails.

That only works if they were EXACTLY the same.

Let me repeat that, and in bold: EXACTLY the same.

Which they are not. At all.

Prove that they are, and I'll eat my words. Overlay one on top of the other, and you will not get it, because they are NOT exactly the same.

You are trying so very hard to fit a square peg into a round hole. Why you are doing so is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Human_Alien

Oh. Did you mean an asteroid exploding in space? I thought you meant in the atmosphere.
Yes, "we" think we have seen that. But it must have been a collision, not a spontaneous explosions.
www.nasa.gov...

Ah. I remember that. That was the Hopi's Blue Kachina!!

But, I am still talking about here on Earth. Do we know what an exploded asteroid looks like?

Now this part I do not know and perhaps your infinite wisdom will come in handy but, how would an asteroid propel itself in our atmosphere? I mean......would gravity suck it into a quasi orbit then fling it to Earth like a slingshot?

Here's another question that I do not know the answer to: Has an asteroid ever impacted Earth? Or are they always deemed meteorites even though they could be asteroids?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

I live in Florida and when the space shuttle would be coming back we would here 2 or 3 booms depending on where you were. Always at least two booms and that is from 1 object.

I do not know why but a guess is that the second was an echo because it was not as loud.

Phage pointed out a good possibility that in that video we're hearing 9 booms from 9 separate pieces when the 1 meteor turned into 9 meteorites.
Sounds good to me.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

But, I am still talking about here on Earth. Do we know what an exploded asteroid looks like?

Yes we do. That is exactly what this entire thread is about (except for a few excursions here and there). It was a small asteroid which entered Earth's atmosphere above Russia.

Has an asteroid ever impacted Earth? Or are they always deemed meteorites even though they could be asteroids?
Yes. A small one did today in Russia. Once it did so it would be termed a meteorite. Didn't you read the explanation of the terms?
edit on 2/15/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Lots of crazy stuff happening as if late. I don't think I should head for the hills just yet, but I am starting to feel fidgety. Maybe it's time to prepare myself for the worst.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hi there. Just jumping in on the collapsed building thing despite it being a little bit pointless...

The building is consisted of brickwork in a stretcher bond. The Facework is flat and quite expansive with hardly any facial recess. Seem to be piers of sorts jutting out the top that are to support the structure.

About the strength of the building and the collapse - We've seen footage off when the impact happens and causes windows to be blown in (Even the actually window frames) so the acoustics generated by this sonic boom can easily cause a building with a large expanse to cave-in.

The majority of the brickwork at lintle height has given way. In my experience, where the lintles span windows this area of brickwork always crackdown due to thermal-expansion over time.

All these are possible contributing factors to the buildings damage and possible weak points.

And to add to the multiple booming, I just think its a mixture of the meteor breaking up and the echo/sound vibrating and with all little shards of meteor breaking the sound barrier.

Kinda reminds me of when you film a video in a night club when theres a very bass heavy song on. Its the same effect. A distorted sound.

eee.
edit on 15/2/13 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire because: Phones predictive text is not as predictive as it thinks...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

that's because they are not meteors until they are IN our atmosphere burning up!

Wait. What??? Is that true? Then what are they when they're out in space?
I honestly and truly don't know.

What made all the craters on the Moon (even though it's artificial)? If they were made by meteors then....meteors exist outside our atmosphere, no?

Tell me more please. I like when you 'learn' me all these things I never thought of before

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Just to cover all bases, its a weapon launched by the US to attack Russia. Reptilians used one of their weapons to assist in diverting the meteor. Its intentional target was a Nuclear facility which also houses greys. In the process, they attached tanks full of a chemical to disperse over the population to hide Planet X which is passing by soon, the chemicals will help block out the appearance of it. So what you see is a chemtrail not a contrail.
Another person just claimed to have shot and killed bigfoot, its genuine, but a meteorite fragment hit the person on the head and killed them, the location of the body is now unknown.

But seriously, Its a great event to witness or be around. Few people get to probably be close to something like it, and only ever seen them streak across the sky.
I wonder if they will be able to recover what's left of it, maybe no bigger than a golf ball, but still worth finding.

What made all the craters on the Moon (even though it's artificial)? If they were made by meteors then....meteors exist outside our atmosphere, no?

Is there evidence for the moon being artificial?
edit on 15-2-2013 by eniar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

that's because they are not meteors until they are IN our atmosphere burning up!

Tell me more please. I like when you 'learn' me all these things I never thought of before

here.. this helps explains it a little easier .. www.sciencekids.co.nz...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I concede. Even though I thought I knew I guess I didn't. I always thought meteors where just that...meteors. Like comets only, different.

I did not understand meteors are asteroids.

I stand corrected and I have you and eriktheawful to thank. So thanks

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eniar

Apparently people are allready trying to sell pieces of the meteor on the net...

Crazy. But a lot of people will buy it eventhough their likely to be fake etc...

eee

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

Even though I'm 53 I really appreciate this being a 'kids' page
Thanks

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

You are totally wrong.

I have explained the anomaly again and again and quite frankly if you call a meteorite a meteoroid, I won't value your 'scientific' opinion on them.

link   

Even though I'm 53 I really appreciate this being a 'kids' page
Thanks

I thought it was good for a laugh too, glad you did not take it as an insult

link   
Ever heard of kinetic weopans?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by zoomer72

I'm talking about this...my friend.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know
but have you really thought this through? I mean for example that Zinck factory building is the same construction as most factory buildings are here in Finland , and even if im no engineer (though have been working in industry)i know that if something like tremors or sonic booms occurs the part of roof does not come down because of the design ,if by overstress the whole roof would come down ... And i am speaking of industrial buildings ... not domes or anything like that, Im not trying to piss you off ,just trying to maybe get you to see another view ok?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I thought it was good for a laugh too, glad you did not take it as an insult

Insult? More like insight! Thanks again

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The asteroid has passed already, there maybe some remnants, but nothing like today. Have no fear, it is not the Earth's time.....yet.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Okay, it IS a bit confusing, I'll admit that, and it doesn't help when say the media starts throwing around terms and are wrong about it, but here we go:

A Meteoroid is a sand- to boulder-sized particle of debris in the Solar System.

A Meteor is the visible streak of light from a meteoroid or micrometeoroid, heated and glowing from entering the Earth's atmosphere, as it sheds glowing material in its wake.

A Meteorite is a meteoroid (a solid piece of debris from such sources as asteroids or comets) originating in outer space that survives impact with the Earth's surface.

A Asteroids are small Solar System bodies that are not comets.

That last one, Asteroids.....these are objects that are bigger than Meteoroids (so bigger than large bolders), that are NOT comets, but tend to be smaller than dwarf planets.

In other words, "asteroids" is sort of a "catch all" for solid objects that are too small to be dwarf planets, but are bigger than very large bolders.

Today's event in Russia was a Meteoroid that entered our atmosphere.......

99942 Apophis on the other hand is over 300 meters wide and fits the bill for "asteroid"

The KT impact that happened 65 million years ago was almost 7 miles wide, so was considered an asteroid.

Does that help at all?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Craters on the moon. I've asked the same. If the moon has no atmosphere or a small one, then the asteroid would still be in the crater. But it's not. No where to be found. Nothing to slow the asteroid. It makes me wonder.....

new topics

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join