It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Dorner in gun battle with authorities, source says

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lynxpilot

My take would be either police mob justice or destroying any evidence. They had a siege and he couldn't escape.

Given the audio of the officers, it seems like mob justice and pay back to me.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lynxpilot
I still find it disconcerting that they deliberately burnt him out. If they had the manpower and facilities to surround the compound, I mean cabin, night vision gear is all over the place these days and they could have easily had the upper hand at night, much less just floodlighting the area. I don't recall anywhere in this ordeal anybody suggesting they wait him out. With no known hostages and testimony that there was very little likelihood of hostages (owners saying the tenants had already left), they never exercised that option. Curiouser and curiouser.

Ok, here's how the post stand off briefing went...

Big bear Chief of police.....right guys we've all seen Rambo....or should i say, who's not seen Rambo...
very, good, now we know that turned out for us Cops dont we...."nods of heads"
Right, we burn him to death before he get a chance to knock me out my Helicopter with a rock and scuttle off into the wilderness...everyone agree...good...lets do this thang...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I'm hearing rumors on another thread that no one still has confirmed that there was a body found in the cabin.

Has anyone actually 100% confirmed a body was in fact found and removed from the cabin?

Here is a link

BBC News Los Angeles

Police in California have denied reports that a body was found in a burnt-out mountain cabin where a man believed to be a ex-policeman accused of three murders was holed up.

edit on 13-2-2013 by DerekJR321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

That would be all well and good if these were troops at war or if the constitution or bill of rights didn't exist. The problem is, you have the LAPD (public servants) running around like Yosemite Sam shooting up random cars and ordering destruction of property without even knowing if hostages were present. On top of it all, you have the compliance of the media to cut the feed and go with the lie.
edit on 13-2-2013 by spqrenki because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Tardacus

When your an LEO and you loose your badge, you can be issued a new one. Perhaps he "lost" his original badge, was issued a new one and then had two.

When he left LAPD he turned in one of them, and LAPD was unaware he had the second one. It's not really that big of a conspiracy.
edit on 13-2-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

link   
Like Heff pointed out got to love the timing on this.

But really I wish they’d do a better job, it’s just getting sad to watch the media and police reports. I have a 12 year old that can cover his tracks better than them.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by spqrenki

The problem is, you have the LAPD (public servants) running around like Yosemite Sam shooting up random cars

And shooting random people too!

Like a 71 year old Hispanic lady, I heard she was a dead ringer for Dorner!

Oh, and a white guy too.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by spqrenki
And there goes the 5th and 14th amendment. Due process? Trial?

Nope, what do we think we live in America? There is no bill of rights. Cut the news feed.

That only applies to people arrested/detained.
They never got to that point.

Likewise, Geneva convention only applies to prisoners of war..not of active combatants.

So ya..if your fighting off the cops, you have no such luxuries of due process and such until they finally arrest you..it is incentive to give up (else they could never take out anyone).

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Authorities have apparently found Dorners drivers license among the wreckage according to the star press.

BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. — Investigators were picking through the rubble of a burned-out cabin in California's San Bernardino Mountains on Wednesday, trying to piece together details of the violent last stand for a fugitive former Los Angeles police officer whose life apparently ended hours earlier in a barrage of bullets and blazing fire. The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Office said charred human remains were found in the rubble where Christopher Dorner is said to have been cornered Tuesday. "We have reason to believe that it is him," sheriff's spokeswoman Cynthia Bachman said. A wallet with a California driver's license bearing the name Christopher Dorner also was found, the Associated Press reported, citing a law enforcement officials was briefed on the investigation. Bachman said forensic tests would be carried out to confirm the identification.

Article

I find it interesting that just like 9/11 a flimsy document survived a catastrophic fire. But I guess if a passport can eject out of someones pocket, through a building that is being crashed into by a jumbo jet, fly a few blocks and be magically found without being damaged then I suppose a drivers license can survive a building that even fire fighters dint want to bother stopping,

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

So when they have someone under siege, and surrounded, they most definitely should conspire to burn the building down that the suspect is in....
Not try and make contact and negotiate terms of surrender?

Sounds like good police SOP. Listening to that they should have Hellfire armed drones available for the local police. It would clear out the court system... meh, who needs it?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
Like Heff pointed out got to love the timing on this.

I have a 12 year old that can cover his tracks better than them.

Actually, at the rate things are going that might be a good skill to have in coming years.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WonOunce

I was thinking the same thing. How many times can they use the same excuses before the public-at-large smartens up? It's frustrating that so many people I've talked to just blindly believe the major news outlets. These same people will even go, "okay, yeah...the story has changed, whatever...makes sense to me, carrying on about my day..."

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by Tardacus

When your an LEO and you loose your badge, you can be issued a new one. Perhaps he "lost" his original badge, was issued a new one and then had two.

When he left LAPD he turned in one of them, and LAPD was unaware he had the second one. It's not really that big of a conspiracy.

I don`t think it`s a conspiracy I thought maybe they were really incompetent and didn`t bother to make sure that he returned his badge and other police issued equipment when he was fired.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

So when they have someone under siege, and surrounded, they most definitely should conspire to burn the building down that the suspect is in....
Not try and make contact and negotiate terms of surrender?

Sounds like good police SOP. Listening to that they should have Hellfire armed drones available for the local police. It would clear out the court system... meh, who needs it?

Hard to say what was going on in those moments considering we weren't there.
From trying to "smoke him out" to intentional fire starting..until more facts come in, we are all just guessing.

Best to remain neutral for now verses premature condemnation without understanding of the situation.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It isn't confirmed as him yet.... The other thing that stinks of this story, and the way it changes... If he was as smart as the LAPD claimed him to be wouldnt he be in Mexico or better yet canada by now?

Since thats where all the illegals go after they break laws (back to mexico)
edit on 13-2-2013 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Have you heard the radio?

It's obvious at this point.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

I think they said he tried to flee to Mexico and that he held some boat owner at gun point. I have no source for this I just remember hearing it last night on the news. So grain of salt and all that.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by spqrenki

I think they said he tried to flee to Mexico and that he held some boat owner at gun point. I have no source for this I just remember hearing it last night on the news. So grain of salt and all that.

No you are right in San Diego he tried to hold a boat owner hostage, but I dont know if you ever been to the border of TJ and san diego, its easy to break into mexico lol... the rapists and murderers do it all the time here.. (usually they are from mexico though and flee back) the problem is I have a hard time believing that Dorner didnt do this as smart as they made him seem

I mean Drudge had an article titled "he can possibly fly a plane"

What the heck!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

~snip~

they should have Hellfire armed drones available for the local police. It would clear out the court system... meh, who needs it?

Star for sarcasm! Job well done!

Sadly, it will happen unless something changes.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

So he went from big beat, down the mountain to San Diego, back up the mountain to big bear? Was he doing meth and riding a rocket the whole time? How did he get backup te mountain? How did he do all this in a few days?

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join