It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Dorner in gun battle with authorities, source says

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the video taken by a news chopper of a car jacker in Arizona who took the pill from his own pistol while running from the cops? It was 'accidentally' aired on TV and they had to apologize for showing a man commit suicide on TV. Did that spark any kind of policy change, for example, being the reason that the choppers were not allowed to film the alleged suspect in that cabin? Just for the sake of not showing the media a massacre in the event that he'd run outside in a blaze of glory..

I would like to believe that is the reason the choppers were sent away, though I can't help but think they were sent away so they can go ahead and "burn the mother#er down". Do we have any members here who were possibly present at the situation and could confirm some of our beliefs?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Not only that there was a recorded call from him coming from Tacoma Washington! So I think he had some help, he set his truck on fire in big bear, and was supposedly seen in LA again (they shut down a store but it turns out it was just a different black guy)

The whole story stinks

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Deetermined

Just out of curiosity, do you think there's a possibility that Dorner had multiple ID's made up to throw off the LAPD?

You do realize that sounds like some crazy conspiracy theory, right?

LOL!

I figured in the state of California (land of illegal immigrants) that multiple ID's would be easy to come by.

I would love to know to what extent Dorner tried to pre-plan all of this out. It looks like he gave a lot of thought into who all he was going to target, but I wonder how extensive his carry through plans really were.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gadeff
Does anyone remember the video taken by a news chopper of a car jacker in Arizona who took the pill from his own pistol while running from the cops? It was 'accidentally' aired on TV and they had to apologize for showing a man commit suicide on TV. Did that spark any kind of policy change, for example, being the reason that the choppers were not allowed to film the alleged suspect in that cabin? Just for the sake of not showing the media a massacre in the event that he'd run outside in a blaze of glory..

I would like to believe that is the reason the choppers were sent away, though I can't help but think they were sent away so they can go ahead and "burn the mother#er down". Do we have any members here who were possibly present at the situation and could confirm some of our beliefs?

Your post makes sense. And I do remember the car thief who popped himself. But unfortunately I don't feel in this situation, that was the reason. At first they were ordering the choppers off because they were giving away SWAT positions. Then, they were ordered off after the fire started. Probably to not show the tac units hitting the walls and waiting around for the entire building to go up in an inferno.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Its true, its REAL easy to get a second ID in california, all you need is a birth certificate and a social security card (and trust me multiple ones work since CAlifornia doesnt check)

You know how many "legal" immigrants are standing outside of Home depot with the same name???/ A LOT !

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Yes I am George. This is my brother George. My Cousin George. Sister George. Mother George. We can mow lawn. 5 peso.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spqrenki
reply to post by SaturnFX

Have you heard the radio?

It's obvious at this point.

Overall keeping a media blackout on this.
For me..its some dude in California that went a bit off the farm and holed up somewhere. I got enough crime in my little hometown..no need to be concerned about whats going on in Ca.
Frankly, I am wondering why this is such a big deal. People run from the cops all the time. Must be a slow news week or something. I donno. I do know that it isn't leading to some greater ban or law or whatnot..it doesn't effect me, so meh...I got better distractions than following this story.

This is a matter for courts to figure out.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Had heard they brought out drones for this.

Couldnt a drone have been used set fire to the cabin?
edit on 13-2-2013 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
CNN are now reporting on the "burn it down" recordings, speculating that perhaps police tear gas granades started the fire.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by butcherguy

Just out of curiosity, do you think there's a possibility that Dorner had multiple ID's made up to throw off the LAPD?

You do realize that sounds like some crazy conspiracy theory, right?

LOL!

I figured in the state of California (land of illegal immigrants) that multiple ID's would be easy to come by.

I would love to know to what extent Dorner tried to pre-plan all of this out. It looks like he gave a lot of thought into who all he was going to target, but I wonder how extensive his carry through plans really were.

I don't think he planned much at all, as far as action goes.
If he did plan extensively, his plans were ill-conceived.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
CNN are now reporting on the "burn it down" recordings, speculating that perhaps police tear gas granades started the fire.

I'm hoping a video of this is uploaded to YouTube. If CNN is actually talking about it, it would be interesting to see how it gets spun. I don't think they'd downright admit the cops deliberately burned the cabin down.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

CS gas has a 1 on the NFPA flammability rating meaning a flash point of 200F or 93.4C

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I am of mixed opinions on this situation - for those that don't know the police in so cal are out of control - half of them are either taking steroids, or are raging egomaniacs. The nicest one I know just cheated on his wife of 10 years. The second one had his wife leave calling him a racist, hes a reservist. His partner texts him all the time bragging about beating up n bombs. The meanest cops I know took a 17 year old kid to the alkaline lake in south ridge at 2 am and told him to walk home with no shoes after he got into an argument with his mom, the cop warned him that if they came back they would leave his body there.

I've had cops screaming in my face, bragging about committing crimes, putting guns to my temple and all other sort of stuff and I am a clean cut white guy with no priors tattoos or attitude.

Cops are dead an no one wants that but major change is coming down the line as a result of this which may end up saving more lives either taken or ruined by out of control cops.

As far as Dorner goes - they killed him and I have no problem with that.

edit on 13-2-2013 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

because you know?

like who are all you people, this thread should be REMOVED.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This may be the biggest problem with cops in the U.S., and recruiting from the ex-soldier pool is not a good idea:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I watched Waco live and will die convinced that the tank they used to breach the walls with was equipped with a flame throwing mechanism.

I watched it live too, and I agree with you 100%.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

I'm hoping a video of this is uploaded to YouTube. If CNN is actually talking about it, it would be interesting to see how it gets spun. I don't think they'd downright admit the cops deliberately burned the cabin down.

edit on 13-2-2013 by Jay Electronica because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I don’t know if CS canisters are the same as regular smoke but I know if you poke holes or slits in the side of smoke canisters then mores flame shoots out of them. I don’t know if they used hand tossed or 40MM launchers to get them in the building but I would think 40MM because of distance.

Just saying it is a possibility.

Anyway I still think Dorner started the fire then ate a bullet. What are the chances Dorner was already injured they were in a shoot out?

Stop saying that. Dorner did NOT start the fire. Those of us listening to the police scanners at the time heard the police planning to start the fire, heard them talk about the plan as they executed it, heard them ordering all media to leave the scene, etc... 2+2=fire, er, 4.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
no offance, but if they just let him walk away no one would be injured or DEAD.....

even though thats not the best idea, but was having all these people dead and injured a better idea? instead of just letting him live in a mountain where no ones going to see him anyways

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join