It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Dorner in gun battle with authorities, source says

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
reply to post by MystikMushroom

because you know?

like who are all you people, this thread should be REMOVED.

Who are you? Why should it be removed? Just because you don't like it?

This thread is a very good example of ATS people helping each other understand an event as it transpired. We had people on multiple scanners, radio feeds and video feeds describing events in real time--so much so that we were ahead of the MSM by leaps and bounds. Further, because we heard and saw this stuff as it happened the MSM can't come back now and say something else did. Not that they won't, but we still have the evidence.

This is one of the best threads ever.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

I see you are an audio engineer.
Can you play this clip: www.youtube.com... and try to clean up the audio from 1:30 - 2:00 and tell me what you think their success is. They state it twice and it is after the burners are deployed.

Much appreciated if you can post a result sometime.
thanks

edit on 13-2-2013 by evc1shop because: wording

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It's amazing how calm they sound on the scanners when things are going according to plan

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
How does a plastic drivers license survive a raging house fire?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by spqrenki
reply to post by SaturnFX

Have you heard the radio?

It's obvious at this point.

Overall keeping a media blackout on this.
For me..its some dude in California that went a bit off the farm and holed up somewhere. I got enough crime in my little hometown..no need to be concerned about whats going on in Ca.
Frankly, I am wondering why this is such a big deal. People run from the cops all the time. Must be a slow news week or something. I donno. I do know that it isn't leading to some greater ban or law or whatnot..it doesn't effect me, so meh...I got better distractions than following this story.

This is a matter for courts to figure out.

See, this type of thinking is part of why things are broken in America. The fact is, WE are the courts. You, me, Hefficide, the guy who delivers your pizza tonight, the guy that broke into your first car and stole your radio. We are all the Court of the United States of America. That is as the country was founded to be. There should not be another caste of Amecian citizen whose purview it is to judge the rest of us; nor another caste to police the rest of us; nor another caste to set law for the rest of us. In an America that actually works, it is just US.
Who else would like to get back to that system?

Also, off topic, what we all saw last night should be a lesson to any citizen Rambo who thinks that when the SHTF that they can just grab their AR, hop into the pickup, and head for the mountains laughing to themselves that the "gummint aint never gonna catch me, har har har stoopid pigs." I think we are all in for a really rough time ahead in America.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think, in regards to the ID, that people are assuming that it survived in its entirety. If some portion of it, that has identification(ie the picture, his name, the number, etc) and it is verified that what they found is actually verified as a California identification(DL) card then they did find it. It has not been released as to the condition of the card if indeed one was found. IMO.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports

As far as Dorner goes - they killed him and I have no problem with that.

edit on 13-2-2013 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

You should have a huge problem with it. Because of what Dorner did he deserved either life in prison or the death penalty, but that's not for the police to decide. What the cops did completely evaded due process. You might say who cares, he was a murderer. What about all the other murderers and suspected murderers out there. Do they also by extension no longer have a right to due process? If that's the case, why even have due process laws?

What the cops did yesterday was solid proof that what Dorner said about the department was true, unfortunately those words came from a criminal so they'll be given no weight whatsoever and the corruption in every department across the country will continue.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Everyman and women on this forum can attest to ATLEAST ONE TIME loosing their wallet... Normally it took us a week or two to get EVERYTHING back... OK scratch that.. I HAVE LOST MY WALLET before.... It took me almost TWO weeks to get everything I had in it back to how it was (minus the 60 bux) whole new ID, SS#, my two credit cards had to be canceled, all the verification it took to get said items, and that is only because I do not keep much in my wallet.. But somehow Dorner covered all avenues of backups and multiple id's that somehow survived a fire in which his own body is not even recognizable.....??? if you believe that I have some gooooooooood ocean front property to sell you in oklahoma...RLY I DO

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

Maybe, if that were in fact Dorner, that was his point. If he knew, as he alleged in his manifesto, how the LAPD and neighboring police departments would respond, then wouldn't all of his actions point towards the kind of coverage he received, including guaranteeing that his demise be highly televised?

One thing that I see from others off this thread is absolute shock by some of the LAPD's activities in the whole Dorner manhunt from the mistaken identity shootings to this. He obviously wanted to out the LAPD on their corruption. Well, that got pretty outed. It's just that not everybody is going to see flaw in what the LAPD did because Dorner was a purported to be a killer in the news. News does that a lot. A suspect becomes a murderer within the media even though our legal system states "innocent til proven guilty".

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
I think, in regards to the ID, that people are assuming that it survived in its entirety. If some portion of it, that has identification(ie the picture, his name, the number, etc) and it is verified that what they found is actually verified as a California identification(DL) card then they did find it. It has not been released as to the condition of the card if indeed one was found. IMO.
Scratch the surviving a fire, I can see that happen (somehow) someway i guess it is possible, but how many Id's and wallets did this guy keep on him? More then two I guess, it is possible... Maybe one was a military ID and the other a driver license type just odd how he dropped it they found it and then somehow they find another one he meant* to keep on him? if he wanted no ID on him at all why keep this second wallet?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Dang, I've got ten plus pages to catch up on. I'm going to go back and check it out, but could someone tell me really quick if they have or haven't found him / a body? Last I heard there were contradicting reports.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by forgetmenot
Dang, I've got ten plus pages to catch up on. I'm going to go back and check it out, but could someone tell me really quick if they have or haven't found him / a body? Last I heard there were contradicting reports.

As of right now, there is nothing 100% confirmed. Sherrifs spokeswoman claims a charred body was found that they beleive was Dorner. LAPD refuse to answer if a body was found or not. Some outlets claim no body was found.

So as of right now, it is unknown 100% if a body was even found inside the cabin.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by forgetmenot
They found a charred body and I guess they found Dorners "second wallet* which has a special fire retardant on it which is basically nonburnable...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by starfoxxx
Everyman and women on this forum can attest to ATLEAST ONE TIME loosing their wallet... Normally it took us a week or two to get EVERYTHING back... OK scratch that.. I HAVE LOST MY WALLET before.... It took me almost TWO weeks to get everything I had in it back to how it was (minus the 60 bux) whole new ID, SS#, my two credit cards had to be canceled, all the verification it took to get said items, and that is only because I do not keep much in my wallet.. But somehow Dorner covered all avenues of backups and multiple id's that somehow survived a fire in which his own body is not even recognizable.....??? if you believe that I have some gooooooooood ocean front property to sell you in oklahoma...RLY I DO

I find it very believable that the ID survived the fire.
The ID inside of a leather wallet,leather wallet inside a pocket,pocket covered by layers of other clothing
(remember it was cold there he wasnt stupid he was undoubtedbly wearing layers of clothes) The flames would need to burn through the clothes,burn through the leather wallet and only then would the ID be subjected to the flames.
I`ve never tried to burn a leather wallet but i know leather doesn`t burn very easily, the fire only burned for a couple hours.

I often burn household trash and I can tell you that a stack of newspapers doesn`t burn well at all. Many times the fire would burn for hours and then smolder all night and the next day i would go out and rake the ashes and lo and behold there would be unburned newspaper in the pile that wasn`t even touched by the flames, whole pages of the paper were still readable and un-blackened. They were unburned because they were buried in the pile where there wasn`t enough oxygen for the flames to burn hot enough to ignite them.
edit on 13-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I can speak to the weird things that survive a house fire.

Two years ago my house burned. The roof collapsed, the structure was destroyed. We ended up having to tear it down.

Before the demolition, a workman walked us (carefully as the floors were unsound) through to gather what we could.

I found a candle, perfectly fine, right next to the melted blades of a table fan.

In one corner, where the curtains had caught fire, the sofa and end table burned to ash....yet my son's picture was still in its wooden frame, undamaged.

We found wedding pictures, a school yearbook, some shirts....all highly flammable materials, all surrounded by burnt ruins.

Sometimes things survive. It's weird, but it happens.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I have some experience with massive house fires. Some stuff does survive. I fact, many things only get partially burnt, and others survive intact. You can't assume that just because there is a fire, everything is gone. Just a FYI for those that think it isn't possible; it is.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

I am in agreement especially with the reports of other IDs found. The thing I find a little suspicious is none of these IDs have been publicly shown(at least from what I have seen) and I have not seen any interviews with the finders of said IDs(if they exist could someone link or imbed the interview for me?) The thing is that the media has shoveled out so many untruths and lies in the attempt to be first that the facts are totally blurred.
edit on 13-2-2013 by Agarta because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

I agree. We had a fire years ago in my father's office that basically demolished the building. No roof, barely any walls. Entire place was almost entirely gutted. I entered the building to see if there was anything that could be salvaged and it was surprising. Some awards were completely gone while 3 large wooden awards were relatively untouched--just smelled of smoke, some water damage and charring on the corners. On top of it, framed photos that had been hanging on the walls survived as well and some other odd things that were clearly unable to be salvaged but you could still see what they were. Forgive the morbidity, but men generally keep their wallets in their back pocket. If it had been Dorner and he had fallen onto his back, his body would have actually served to cushion the brunt of the flame and heat. Although kind of nasty to imagine, it's not hard to see that it is quite possible to have the remains of a wallet with intact enough id still within it.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

I find it very believable that the ID survived the fire.
The ID inside of a leather wallet,leather wallet inside a pocket,pocket covered by layers of other clothing
(remember it was cold there he wasnt stupid he was undoubtedbly wearing layers of clothes) The flames would need to burn through the clothes,burn through the leather wallet and only then would the ID be subjected to the flames.
I`ve never tried to burn a leather wallet but i know leather doesn`t burn very easily, the fire only burned for a couple hours.

I often burn household trash and I can tell you that a stack of newspapers doesn`t burn well at all. Many times the fire would burn for hours and then smolder all night and the next day i would go out and rake the ashes and lo and behold there would be unburned newspaper in the pile that wasn`t even touched by the flames, whole pages of the paper were still readable and un-blackened. They were unburned because they were buried in the pile where there wasn`t enough oxygen for the flames to burn hot enough to ignite them.

I explained it was possible what does not seem possible is this disappearing re-appearing wallet marking Dorner some type of hudini now you see it, noooow ya don't?~!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by starfoxxx

I am in agreement especially with the reports of other IDs found. The thing I find a little suspicious is none of these IDs have been publicly shown(at least from what I have seen) and I have not seen any interviews with the finders of said IDs(if they exist could someone link or imbed the interview for me?) The thing is that the media has shoveled out so many untruths and lies in the attempt to be first that the facts are totally blurred.
edit on 13-2-2013 by Agarta because: Spelling
My best prediction, they never found the first wallet or they found it and planted it in the burning house..

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join