It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Know yourself by your avatar.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Owned.

Never considered myself naive, but maybe you have something there.
Anyway - losing faith in humanity... one person at a time! ( Not referring to you, obviously! ) ( Did I even have to say that ?? )

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Hi littled16 !

You are right as ever - like yourself, I suspect, always a lady.

Never let it be said of us thusly (??) :

' For is it not written - all fur coat and no knickers, that one '

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

So here's mine.....chosen several years ago to remember a dear departed friend. Was one of a 'rotation' till a smart mouth troll put a burr under my saddle (yes, pun intended, lol ) and I kept it as my permanent 'face'.
-frayed

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
Your avatar resembles you in real life.

It- it- ...it does? Huh. Who woulda thunk it. Looks like I didn't know as much as I thought I did.
edit on 12-2-2013 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Mine is a combination of one of my main interests, and a political statement. I liked my last one better which was pure political statement, but the ATS censors made me replace it. I wish I could make it clearer but I'd probably get censored again.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I see myself reaching.. Like many of my posts.. Hahaha

I just made fun of myself. My avatar is meant to appear in two separate ways. One is that I am holding up the green mandala.. In the other way I can't quite grasp it.. In either case I'm a Scorpio..

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I believe in balance, in all things. Hence the Yin-Yang, the bit in the middle are my initials twisted all about in an "artistic fashion".

The outline overlay is a Phoenix in honor of my first born.

What else would you see into my avatar?
edit on 2/12/2013 by Skada because: no reason, just seeing if you are paying attention.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skada

A dragon or a snake.. Infinity? I always saw a dragon, anyway, but looking at it closer that was just my subconscious seeing it.

edit on 2/12/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I like how polar bears roll so that's the story of my avatar.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Mine is a picture of a character in my fave video game of all time, Final Fantasy VII.

The character is called Tifa Lockhart.

She fight's for a cause she strongly believe's in. She has great physical and personal strength...but underneath those layer's she has quite a motherly streak and is very caring and can sometimes find it hard expressing herself.

I think I identify with her character....because life circumstance's have meant that people that know me tend to only see the personal strength and fighting side of my character....but underneath is a much softer side where my struggle's aren't always apparent.

As to why I was drawn to this particular picture of her for my avatar out of the many available....I'm not really sure.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghoster
reply to post by Sly1one

I think this indicates how you yourself view the world---as something that cannot necessarily (nor should be) be viewed strictly with physical eyes, but must also be accessed via sort-of spiritual-intuitive-open-minded- angle. Hence, why you are on ATS. Does that about do it?

-TheGhoster
edit on 12-2-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

That pretty much sums it up perfectly to be honest. My relation to this avatar is that it is a reminder that beyond physical world we live in and the rights/wrongs and duality we break everything up into...there is an outside objective viewpoint or frame of reference that reveals the "machine" so to speak...and I try my hardest to perceive the world through all three viewpoints...to get a better overall understanding of reality/existence!!

Great JOB! pretty spot on if you ask me!
edit on 12-2-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Interesting, I think you've hit the nail on the head!

Whatever external representation one tends to portray, is more or less a representation of oneself.

As the Universal Law Attraction dictates, that whatever state of consciousness one tends to favor, will attract more of the same representation of the conscious state.

Hence, therefore the avatar represents that state of mind\consciousness one tends to favor while in pursuit for the truth, nothingness.

Peace

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What about those of us like me who choose not to have one at all ?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Because you tend to choose not to.

Peace

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

Depends on what other cards you're holding. At least you have enough to open. ( Jacks or better ya know vegas rules)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

I guess you don't know yourself.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

Makes me want a Coke.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Not to what? Have one? Could be my level of tech savvy too LOL.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by Wang Tang

Makes me want a Coke.

A coke bottle is the Avatar of the brown chemical water inside hahaha...

But yea now I want an icy coke too.
edit on 2/12/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Mine is a painting of a very famous Polish court jester named Stańczyk (1480–1560)

According to the only source I can find - en.wikipedia.org... - this jester had a tremendous impact on Polish culture, since the court jesters of the day were the only people allowed to engage in political and social commentary in front of the king.

In this specific painting, he is depicted as the only person at a royal ball who is troubled by the news that the Russians have captured Smolensk. This event happened in 1514. Obviously an ironic statement, made by the artist.

I just like the jester's expression. Just exasperation and literal disgust. Also, the fact that he's in a clown suit while being the only serious thinking person in the whole court at this moment. I feel very much in sync with this character. There's just something about him that I identify with.
edit on 2/12/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join