Know yourself by your avatar.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Not to what? Have one? Could be my level of tech savvy too LOL.

I think you have not yet decided how you want to appear to the site yet.. Maybe due to having enough to do in real life already?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

Who does ? I know enough though. My real name is Karen. The numbers are made up because I was banned under 61057 which is my birthday. I guess I just put my real self right out there naked warts and all. LOL.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

remember the coca cola commercials with the polar bears. Loved the little ones. I think polar bears rock too but I wouldnt want to meet one face to face without a tall fence between us.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

He looks lost and sad to me. Just staring off into space. I've seen that look on people too.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Been a member since 2008 regardless of what my profile now shows. I thought of putting my facebook pic here. That would be the real me too. Karen.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
F it then, it makes one feel fing greag getting completly ignored 90% of the time.
Have fun peeps.

Peace

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

You should do mine, too!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Wang Tang

Makes me want a Coke.

You won't make your avatar a Coke.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity op, what does this avatar and name tell you. I would like to see your reply and if it supports why I picked it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I see my avatar as a representation of my growth and as such, I've chosen to keep it the same since it reminds me of how far I've come both intellectually and spiritually over the last several years.

Besides, isn't it the meek who shall inherit the earth?? Ahhh - forget that. I just want to be an actively contributing member of society in a positive way and if I'm real lucky, perhaps I'll help others become less "timid".

Great question to ponder upon. Thanks for the post!

Timidgal

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Yours tells me you like chop down trees and wear high heels, suspenders and a bra or your a member of the royal Canadian kilted yaksmen! {Too much Monty Python and Ren & Stimpy for me, not trying to be a jerk here} My avatar says that even the cute and fuzzy can devour your soul. It's all in how you go about it

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by Cherryontop

LoL!

Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.

WOW that is a good quote, I must remember it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Mine is a painting of a very famous Polish court jester named Stańczyk (1480–1560)

According to the only source I can find - en.wikipedia.org... - this jester had a tremendous impact on Polish culture, since the court jesters of the day were the only people allowed to engage in political and social commentary in front of the king.

In this specific painting, he is depicted as the only person at a royal ball who is troubled by the news that the Russians have captured Smolensk. This event happened in 1514. Obviously an ironic statement, made by the artist.

I just like the jester's expression. Just exasperation and literal disgust. Also, the fact that he's in a clown suit while being the only serious thinking person in the whole court at this moment. I feel very much in sync with this character. There's just something about him that I identify with.
edit on 2/12/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

Now that you mention this it reminds me of that thread of LesMis' a few days back on the history of trolls. He mentioned some of the greatest thinkers in history have been "trolls" and masters of the trolling art. I would say your jester is also a master of the troll art similar to the fools in Shakespeare's plays.

Now I have a different perspective on your avatar and I like it I originally thought you were just some lonely hobo from 400 years ago.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I wonder what my avatar would mean about me.

I simply obtained it from the Book of Deadly Names and edited it in Photoshop. I thought it looked interesting (don't know if the djinns in the book are real entities or what).

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Not to what? Have one? Could be my level of tech savvy too LOL.

Very true, I agree, and the definition still stands, "a representation of oneself." Level of tech savy.

No pun intended.

Peace

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Great thread, OP. Via my avatar, who am I?

A fox in business attire. Hmmm...

If the two are to be taken together, am I cunning and sophisticated, or...

are the two separate? Am I a fox, devious and cloaked in sophistication, or am I a fox in disguise, here to hang amongst the sheep?

I'll let you fine people decide.

edit on 12-2-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Wow, This thread is popular. The Avatar represents how you felt at the time you chose it generally. Somebody should write a program to make it easy to change. You could change it to fit any thread topic and the way you feel about the topic with an easy visual. A button always visible on any page specifically for that.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Didn't realize how much I missed my old avatar till I got to looking at this thread.

So I'll bite... what's mine say about me?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

You are a girl who likes sunflowers and isn't afraid to put her own picture out there.

Or you got mixed up and put someone else's picture as your avatar.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Mine is art of Khaleesi (Daenerys) from Game of Thrones. I choose it because she is loyal, strong, and a warrior. This is a direct reflection of my personality.

new topics
top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join