It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No fluoride in my water....Doctor prescribes what for my 9 month old daughter? Fluoride supplement?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by blackangel13

I did research bottled water and Nestle Pure life is the cleanest bottled water made......There are the lowest number of contaminents in it.

I love the taste and how you can tell it's pure is by the freezing process....

If you freeze a bottle for about 2 hours, the water will look normal, flip the bottle over and shake and it will freeze in front of your eyes!!
.......Now this is proof of cleanliness, the quicker water freezes the more contaminated it is because the crap in the water will freeze before water will.....

Or so some research on it showed......Can't remember the link, although I researched this quite a bit years ago......The freezing thing is the coolest thing in the world though to see happen right in front of your eyes.....You can surely find a video of it happening on you tube I am sure.....I do it with every bottle because it is soooooo cool!!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSdelurker

The maximum set by EPA is 4ppm but I don't ever recall seeing any number past 1.5 ppm in terms of drinking water treatment.
Agree. I tested ground water from various locations. That ground water had an average of .4 ppm fluoride. Our treatment requirements were .9ppm to 1.5 ppm. We tested daily. Too much fluoride can actually damage teeth.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by saturnsrings

What if someone like me consumes 12-15 glasses of water a day? Which I do because of chronic pain pills that make me constantly drink water for dry mouth......

Is the 4ppm safe for me compared to someone who drinks 1 glass a day, maybe??

There is no way to regulate how much someone is getting, so it might seem safe......But everyone is different!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
OP, I like your emoticons' pearly whites.
And yeh if your kid's teeth aren't even in, the doc is probably overzealous. From my understanding, and I could be totally wrong but I do sort of remember this from my schooling, the fluoride in our drinking water is ingestible, but the benefit is in letting the fluoride swish around the teeth, not in the actual swallowing of fluoride. Is the pediatrician pill happy? I don't think I have the best paediatrician around, but he doesn't ever give medications to my kid, much less ... pills that a baby can't swallow. I live in Canada though so I'm not sure if that's the difference.

reply to post by saturnsrings

Yes, too much can damage teeth. It's just that 1.5 ppm isn't considered too much (by mainstream scientists), it's just more than the groundwater in your area. Just like it's less than the amount in some other groundwater of the world. Your state decides on actual amount of fluoride you get. The EPA guideline is based on risk analysis, assessments and studies that already take into consideration fluorosis, bone fractures, etc. based on past data.

reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

4ppm = 4 mg/L. It doesn't matter how much water you're ingesting, you're still only ingesting a set amount of fluoride per litre of water, which hopefully isn't 4ppm. Please don't take your chance with that high a number. Even the EPA set a secondary maximum at 2, which the state has to report to their public if the number ever goes higher than that.

edit on 14-2-2013 by ATSdelurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macpale
This is pretty sick I must say. I'm so glad to live it the country side and have Fluoride free water but when I visit my friends and I explain to them I don't drink fluoride water they look at me like I have two heads!

I'm not sure if there is a study on fluoride affecting intelligence or whatever but from what I've seen children raised on fluoridated water end up dumber (harsh I know) than children raised on normal water. Just look around at most young people I bet almost all of them are raised on fluoridated water.

This has to be said and the information needs to be more widespread.

I would be quite surprised to see a study that determines exactly how fluoride affects the body. If such a study were done, it would probably get bashed by most scientists (like the doctor who came out against vaccinations).

There is simply far too much money involved, far too much money to be made by far too many folks in the byproducts industry. From my understanding, fluoride is an industrial byproduct. In the 50s companies wanted to dispose of it and the EPA (or some agency) said it was too hazardous/poisonous to dispose of in landfills or wherever. Then, --bing!—someone came up with the idea to “use” it in our water supply to strengthen tooth enamel. Yes, it does provide a protective cover/film on teeth, but it is also poisonous and, from my understanding, makes people more docile and susceptible to suggestion and the power of command.

Any scientist stepping out and exposing the truth about fluoride is probably ending his career because of ridicule, peer-excommunication, loss of grants and public defamation by mainstream media. The people with the money control the media, control academia and just about every aspect of the world. Anyone taking a stand against the megacorps of our world would be nothing more than a BB being shot at a freight train.

But at least we have better teeth.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I wish that I could say that I found the below posted photo somewhere on the Web, but sadly, it is my son. Dental fluorosis. Don't let your child near those pills, OP.

When my spouse and I tried to determine how our son ended up with dental fluorosis, he admitted that as a child he would secretly swallow toothpaste because he liked the taste of it even though he was told by us not to. No wonder the warnings not to ingest it are on the toothpaste label. If this is what a pharmaceutical grade fluoride compound can do, just imagine what the unregulated, non-pharmaceutical compound HFSA (added to municipal drinking water) does to our bodies.

There are many other sources of ingested fluoride that you have no control over (if you are even aware of them) besides what is added to the water, so even if the doctor is providing you with a regulated dosage, truly, there is NO way to assure that your child is not ingesting toxic levels due to all of those other sources.

Fortunately for my family, we are related to a dentist and have been spared the thousands of dollars in cosmetic dentistry costs to deal with my son's visible disfigurement of his teeth. It is not easy to conceal. Bleaching was ineffective in his case and micro abrasion has improved it only somewhat. This, however, does not address the possibility that there could have been some other forms of non-visible systemic damage done. The mere thought of this kills me.

I took an active role in advocating against the use of HFSA in my community's drinking water. Sanity prevailed and its continued use was voted down. Mere weeks ago, another neighbouring community also voted to discontinue its use of municipal water fluoridation resulting in an entire county that is now fluoride free.

I implore you once again, OP, to NOT administer this poison to your child. I also strongly suggest that you never allow this child to use a fluoride containing toothpaste. There are safer choices available without compromising dental health.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
one of the doc's we took the kids to did this same thing,
we have a well, the doc talked and talked to which i told her
i didnt want any of it, then she wrote a prescription for the kids
for fluoride, on my way out, i stopped at the secretary's desk and asked
if she had a trashcan i could use, crumbled the scripts up and threw them
away.
The doc was furious. i think the get enough fluoride in all the other processed
crap we eat now days, no mater how healthy you try to eat, they sneak stuff in
anyway. I dont need to push more on them. I'm sure the schools food is
loaded with all sorts of stuff tthat is 'good ' for them.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BeReasonable

If I recall right, it's calcium fluoride that you find in nature. Sodium fluoride is the bad, manufactured kind, which happens to be what this concern is about.

edit on 14-2-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

You're more likely to suffer dehabilitating brain and nervous injures from certain kind of woof varnish, plastic, and aspartame.

I'm not insulting your restriction of Fluoride. I'm sort of just disappointed at your priorities. Autism alone as exploded, very likely, because of our houses. Not much anything in the water.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Wow - I'd do the same thing - your daughter is lucky to have an informed father. I have changed my teen boys to non-fluoride tooth paste and myself, also. We use a water filter for water we cook with and drink distilled water mostly. I am shocked and disgusted that they are giving small children fluoride to ingest, it actually causes a lot of harm to some, and can discolor teeth permanently, too. I am also mortified that I was given fluoride drops when I was around 22 to use on a tooth that I had a problem with, the gum was receding or something, the fluoride may have helped, cannot remember, but just the thought that I was putting it in my mouth irks me now.

Oh, and also, I have to be sure to tell the dentist and assistant to NOT use fluoride treatments or rinses on my children when they have their visits - they often do this without you knowing till it's too late.
edit on 14-2-2013 by saintinwaiting because: Added info

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

You are right brother. Do not give it to your child! I hope this helps.................openyoureyesnews.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I have been getting a deep cleaning type of teeth cleaning over the last month. I just finished my last session on Tuesday. I have a very nice periodontist but they kept trying to push me to buy this kind of toothpaste they were giving me. I couldn't find it so I bought the same brand only a different type. I asked the dental hygienist what was the difference in the one they wanted and the one I got, her answer was "It has more fluoride." I just nodded and said ok but thought to myself no way am I getting that. She tried to go on and say how it was better for you and all that crap. I do not like fluoride and have done my own research on it. The area I live in has it in the water and it's kind of a high dose. We use a filter system but i don't know if that filters out fluoride.

I always get called paranoid when I tell people fluoride isn't good for you and ask them to read various articles on it. Most just ignore what I say but some do research themselves.

I am currently pregnant and what really scares me is all the crap they are going to shove in my face that I am against. I am worried it could cause problems esp after some of the stories I've read where parents denied vaccines or different treatments. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
When the EPA bans the aluminum and alloy processing and manufacturing companies from dumping Fluoride into landfills a great question arises.

How do these processing plants get rid of 400k metric tons of fluoride waste each year since the 1940's?

Easy, get the American Dental society to hype up the benefits of fluoride as a fighter against tooth decay (done since the 50's), pay off politicians (still done today as it was back then) to pass bills mandating its use in toothpaste products (done since the 50's), and prescribe it to be used in drinking water in just about every drinking water system in America (done since the 70's). Mandate that fluoride supplements be dispensed in areas where fluoride is not used in the local water system (done since the 90's).

Problem solved, no poisoning of the land by the industrial waste if you feed it to the people by the tons. the people get polluted instead of the ground.

edit on 15-2-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I know I'm late to the party, though, over my dead body would approve ingesting anything with fluoride to friends, family, and, especially children.

I'm still considered crazy thinking fluoride(poison) is not good for us. I haven't used toothpaste with fluoride in years,
Idiots!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PRS395

I know I'm late to the party, though, over my dead body would approve ingesting anything with fluoride to friends, family, and, especially children.

I'm still considered crazy thinking fluoride(poison) is not good for us. I haven't used toothpaste with fluoride in years,
Idiots!

Even Harvard School of Public Health compares fluoride to LEAD, MERCURY, and other POISONS. Studies prove its a neurotoxin. And the fluoride pushers can't even tell the difference in the toxicity levels of "calcium fluoride" versus "hydrogen fluoride". Furthermore, one will eat a hole through concrete, but the other will not. Even concrete can distinguish the difference. But the fluoride pushers cannot see the difference in these different fluoride compounds. They think all fluoride compounds are equally the same. And they literally fear-monger people into believing that if this poison isn't in THEIR tap water, their teeth will literally rot out of their fluoride-induced, brain-damaged heads. And people buy into this, without evidence, and without question.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I've been drinking tap water all of my life. And I don't consider myself as "dumb." I may being egotistic here, but in my opinion I'm a lot smarter than most people I've met.

I thought Fluoride is put in water to promote tooth health.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
My dentist says he absolutely does not recommend fluoride, either in water or in toothpaste.

In my own experience, fluoride is bad. Our water system adds it and when we still had our pet rats and cats (who have now all passed away) I didn't realize it was so bad until we got a reverse osmosis system. I began giving them water from it and not just out of the tap. In less than two weeks, they all had thicker, shinier coats and in the case of our male rats, they became far more calm and relaxed. Nothing else changed in their diet other than the water.

Interestingly, when I was growing up in the middle/late 80's, we lived in a rural-ish area for a year in North Carolina. Our school had mandated "swish day" once a week when the teacher would give out cups of fluoride for us to swish with for a minute. I'm not sure how exactly this was funded or who started it, but the explanation given was that "most" in the school were on well water, which obviously didn't have added fluoride. It took a month of me putting up with feeling ill the entire day after this (shaky, weak and queasy, despite not swallowing any of the solution) until my parents told the school that I was not to participate in the treatment. It took them several letters and calls until the school finally relented.

There is no way I'd give my son fluoride supplementation of any sort.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultraviolette
My dentist says he absolutely does not recommend fluoride, either in water or in toothpaste.

In my own experience, fluoride is bad. Our water system adds it and when we still had our pet rats and cats (who have now all passed away) I didn't realize it was so bad until we got a reverse osmosis system. I began giving them water from it and not just out of the tap. In less than two weeks, they all had thicker, shinier coats and in the case of our male rats, they became far more calm and relaxed. Nothing else changed in their diet other than the water.

Interestingly, when I was growing up in the middle/late 80's, we lived in a rural-ish area for a year in North Carolina. Our school had mandated "swish day" once a week when the teacher would give out cups of fluoride for us to swish with for a minute. I'm not sure how exactly this was funded or who started it, but the explanation given was that "most" in the school were on well water, which obviously didn't have added fluoride. It took a month of me putting up with feeling ill the entire day after this (shaky, weak and queasy, despite not swallowing any of the solution) until my parents told the school that I was not to participate in the treatment. It took them several letters and calls until the school finally relented.

There is no way I'd give my son fluoride supplementation of any sort.

According to the Physican's Desk Reference, the mucosal lining inside the mouth has an absorption efficiency of over ninety percent. Because of this, fluoride and other carcinogens can get into your blood, your brain, and your cells in no time at all. Children are being overexposed to fluoride simply from using toothpaste with fluoride. You don't have to drink it in water to ingest it. Fluoride is absorbed through the tissues of the mouth much like sublingual Vitamin B-12, or nitroglycerin tablets for those with heart problems.

The failure to account for inhalation, mucosal, and dermal exposures to fluorides is the most significant flaw in fluoride research. It invalidates all dosage conclusions based solely on ingestion via tap water.

Dr. P.H. Phillips, biochemist, University of Wisconsin stated,
"Fluoride is an accumulative poison which accumulates in the skeletal structures, including the teeth, when the body is exposed to small daily intakes of this element. ...it is like lead accumulation in the bone until saturation occurs and then lead poisoning sets in.”

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Could "dental fluorosis" and "incipient caries" actually be the same thing? In the "Textbook of Oral Pathology" (page 169) it states;

"White Spot Lesion - This is the first visual clinical manifestion of caries which appears as chalky white spot on the tooth, that may or may not lead to frank cavitation. Some clinicians call it as incipient caries or partially arrested lesion, but it is relatively late stage caries process."

How many people know that? Doesn't it sound remarkably like "dental fluorosis"?

You can "google search" the book online and read it for yourself, if you like. Portions of the book can be read for free without actually buying the book.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I realized people on here question EVERYTHING . especially stupid things.. Take a break from the site if you need to..

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join