It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No fluoride in my water....Doctor prescribes what for my 9 month old daughter? Fluoride supplement?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

If sodium fluoride is coming out of someone's body, it's from the person's own ingestion of it. Your body can't make it on its own-- it's a chemical waste product, the origin of which I suspect you are unaware.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
OP... have you already explained to your wife where fluoride comes from, including what it is made out of?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Good post but, depending on where you live it may not be a good idea to flush them, Maybe that would send them to unsuspecting people whom have no defense against such toxic poisons in their drinking water.

Wise thing to do might be to pretend you are a dumb-ass and tell the drug dealer that you are all taking them and thank himher for their advice. Then flush them down the toilet.

You might consider dropping the pills off to the drug store/ chemist and let them deal with the toxins we are discussing here.

On a side note, in the past 6 years or so I have had two major surgery's one in our old hospital and one in our brand spanking new hospital.

As most know you need to fast.....no food no water from midnight on the night before the operation.

So both operations were late in the day first one at 4 PM the second one at 5 PM that is a long time to go without water.

Here is my point, the old hospital gave you tap water with ice after your procedure, Our new hospital gives you Reverse Osmosis water and ice.

The wife asked if the ice was also filtered and yes it was.

Telling in my opinion only.

Posted from a member who's city refuses to even discuss removing this crap.

You betcha we have a 5 stage Reverse Osmosis system in our home.

Regards, Iwinder

edit on 13-2-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

The doctor needs his head examined.do not let your kid near that poison.teach your wife.your doing the right thing keep up the good vigilance dad.God bless

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
US has so much fluoride left over from making bomb grade uranium that your government is disposing of it by feeding it to people. That is not even pure fluoride they put into your tapwater it is industrial waste.

The Fluoride Deception: How a Nuclear Waste Byproduct Made Its Way Into the Nation’s Drinking Water
edit on 13-2-2013 by sandwhale because: removed smiley face because this is not funny in any way

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Fluoride-based pesticides are also used on much of our produce (fruits & vegetables), containing much higher amounts of fluoride than is allowed in tap water. So unless everything we eat is "organic" we are getting some fluoride-based pesticide residue in/on our foods. Its not going to be listed on our foods or beverages. Its not required. Therefore. you have no idea how much fluoride you are ingesting each day. But the pro-fluoridationists lead many to believe if the fluoride isn't literally in their tap water they won't be getting any ingested fluoride. Its quite deceptive, and misleading. As stated before, fluoride bio-accumulates in the body from ALL sources regardless of the amount maintained in tap water. You can't cook it out, nor does it evaporate. Seventy percent of the USA now recieves fluoridated tap water. And it is a bio-accumulating pollutant in the environment and soil. How much will this pollutant accumulate in the environment over the next 20 or 30 or 50 years? Things like iceberg lettuce, tea, and tobacco soak up fluoride from the soil, in addition to fluoride-based pesticides used on them. Our grandchildren and great-grandchildren may have a huge mess on their hands with continued water fluoridation as this pollutant bio-accumulates in the soil. Everything they eat will contain higher amounts of fluoride than it does now. Who will be held accountable for the clean up of this contaminant in the environment? Our grandchildren? The pro-fluoridationists or dental industry?

edit on 13-2-2013 by Skeptical07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Hmm, I guess my 4 grandparents, who are all closing in on their 80s, should probably be dying a horrible death because of fluoride right now?

Ohh, the horror of fluoride!

It is only in recent times that they actually started adding flouride. It is only a few decades since it was even used for dental treatment. There was no fluoride containing toothpaste when your grandparents were young.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Was so angry for you that I tried to read the posts already within this thread - but could not. You asked for references/research to show your wife.

First look up the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) sheet for sodium fluoride. Look closely at the classification as it is a six point one poison. I researched the classifications here in Australia and there are three different categories for class six - one two and three with one being the most toxic. I have shown my references to my doctor.

AN excellent documentary made in Australia and very relevant to everywhere is Firewater: Australias Fluoride disgrace - it is almost two hours but the first five minutes show you where the sodium fluoride comes from and what it does. Even watching the first five minutes will educate anyone who does not understand just how toxic this stuff is!!!

I also recommend An Inconvenient Tooth - it is also very long but it features professionals such as Professors who teach chemistry, and a dentist and other professionals who believed what they were told and were horrified to learn the truth when they questioned the validity of sodium fluoride.

Just remember there are two fluorides - Calcium Fluoride and Sodium Fluoride. Calcium Fluoride is naturally occurring. Sodium Fluoride is man made and toxic.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

It's not exactly a poison. It's just not healthy in large doses.

I'm happy to say that the only problem I have is over chlorinated water. So at most, I get heart burn.

The fact of the matter is that you eat fluoride all the time. Fruits, Vegetables, and Dairy products all have small doses of it. Naturally.

And do you know why?

Because it's a naturally occurring element on Earth that you cannot avoid.

Sure, limit your intake. And yes, don't take the pills. But you are not going to avoid Florine. It's not something physically possible to avoid.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I can't believe that bastard doctor would push flouride on your kid

LIKE A DRUG DEALER

uhg makes me sick

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

There is a difference between small naturally occuring dose

AND THE HUMONGOUS dose you get from pills, toothpaste, showering, food additives by evil food companies

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
For some reason the fluoride pushers seem to think all fluoride compounds are equivalent in their toxicity levels. The original studies done were actually done on naturally occurring "calcium fluoride", which is the least toxic of the fluoride compounds. The LD50 level of a chemical is what it takes to kill 50% of the population.
Let's do a comparison of the LD50 level of these compounds.

LD50 level of Calcium Fluoride = 3,750 mg/km

LD50 level of Hexafluorosilicic Acid = 70 mg/km

LD50 level of Sodium Fluoride = 52 mg/km

As anyone can see, these fluoride compounds used in water fluoridation are no where near as safe to use as naturally occurring "calcium fluoride". In the USA, they are now mainly using Hexafluorosilicic Acid. Hexafluorosilicic acid is also known by other names such as Fluorosilicic acid, Fluosilicic acid, Hydrofluorosilic acid, Silicofluoride, Silicofluoric acid and Dihydrogen hexafluorosilicate. (Has almost as many names as MSG).
en.wikipedia.org...

According to Wikipedia, "Owing to the corrosive nature of HF [hydrofluoric acid], its production is accompanied by the dissolution of silicate minerals [sand?], and, in this way, significant amounts of fluorosilicic acid is generated."
en.wikipedia.org...

Fluorosilicic acid is used in water fluoridation.

edit on 13-2-2013 by Skeptical07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
You guys take this fluoride thing a bit far. Have you ever read more than one sentence about it? There are 2 chemical forms of fluoride, the one the doctors prescribe is not harmful and the tablets given to children is supposed to be chewed and most doctors recommend spitting it out and not eating for an hour. It is not a conspiracy to dumb down the youth.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by VitaminQ

Sounds like the case of needing a folk devil to me.

Please. If you *need* a folk devil, look no further than Monsanto. You need not grasp straws on all food companies.

If you think fluoride is a death sentence, you're going to have to explain the scale differential between the natural level, the water level, and the toxic level.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by VitaminQ

Sounds like the case of needing a folk devil to me.

Please. If you *need* a folk devil, look no further than Monsanto. You need not grasp straws on all food companies.

If you think fluoride is a death sentence, you're going to have to explain the scale differential between the natural level, the water level, and the toxic level.

Trying to explain the "natural level" of calcium fluoride in tap water is no different than explaining the "natural level" of lead, cadmium, or arsenic in normal water levels. It will vary from one location to the next. But that doesn't mean a certain "level" is "optimal" for dental caries prevention, for flu prevention, syphilis prevention, or anything else. And the toxic level (LD50 level) of one fluoride compound isn't going to be exactly the same for the next fluoride compound.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I let this out there for food for thought. however no one commented so let me ask you guys straight out and lets try and get some answers even from our reps, senators and congressmen.

If the EPA wont allow fluoride to be placed in landfills because of it being hazardous waste, why is it allowed to be put in our drinking water and now being allowed to be dispensed as a supplement?

coating your teeth in low levels might be fine but downing them like vitamins that is slow death and possibly even a painful one.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

As someone with a medical background, I can tell you that the reason doctors push flouride is because that is what the AMA and med schools have told them to do. I know a few MDs that advise their patients to avoid flouride like the plague... but only because they did their own research on the subject outside of the AMA and their publications...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Oh ya take your pills! Its good for you...
Crazy world eh.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
If your wife doesn't believe you, I suggest you go to your bathroom and bring her back your tube of toothpaste. Tell her to read the back of the tube. It is right there on the label. "Warning! Harmful if swallowed. If swallowed contact EMS or POISON CONTROL." This might be a good place to start getting her to wake up, hopefully. Good Luck!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Ditto that! Why is it that when you see the starving children in Africa, or for that much pretty much any backwater supposed third world nation and its populous. Well whenever they smile or the starving kids smile they have perfect white shiny teeth, even bushman in the sahara who eat nothing but roots mostly have better teeth and gum health, were a whole lot of American, British, and other more civilized nations seem to have just plain bad gum and teeth health in general, the things we eat and drink and take have a lot to do with it. Must be coincidence no?.. Not likely.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join