It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Proof is NO PROOF for Inexistence of God.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Are you saying that fear, thirst and hunger are 'intangible ideas? Not sure from your post with definitions on it whether you answered yes or no.. Are they not felt? And acted upon?

"feeling" and "acted upon" are two different things. They happen in two different realms.

Ok I understand that you may believe love is an intangible idea. If you have never felt it, or experienced then that would be your conclusion.
I feel love.

I think you need to go back to English class. It's obvious you don't know as much as you pretend to.

And don't ever insult me like that again. Just because I don't express things the way you do, does not make me inferior. I would advise you review yourself.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Are fear, hunger and thirst 'intangible ideas'' in your opinion?
Is lust an intangible idea?
edit on 23-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Are thirst and hunger 'intangible ideas'?

A yes or no will answer be the best way to help me understand as I am still not clear.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Ok I understand that you may believe love is an intangible idea. If you have never felt it, or experienced then that would be your conclusion.
I feel love.

I think you need to go back to English class. It's obvious you don't know as much as you pretend to.

And don't ever insult me like that again. Just because I don't express things the way you do, does not make me inferior. I would advise you review yourself.

How have I insulted you? You tell me love is an intangible idea for you. For me it is not - love is felt.
How have you read into what was written that I am implying that you are inferior?

Oh and I just noticed that you started your post with an insult - I don't mind. It seems that you believe you are superior.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You tell me love is an intangible idea for you. For me it is not - love is felt.
How have you read into what was written that I am implying that you are inferior?

By implying that I do not feel love.

Just because something is felt, does not make it tangible. Do you feel it with your five senses? Let's try to explain it this way:

e·mo·tion
/iˈmōSHən/
Noun

A natural instinctive state of mind deriving from one's circumstances, mood, or relationships with others.
Any of the particular feelings that characterize such a state of mind, such as joy, anger, love, hate, horror, etc.

I think we can all agree that love is an emotion, correct? According to this definition, an emotion is a state of mind. Is a state of mind a tangible thing?

edit on 23-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

You tell me love is an intangible idea for you. For me it is not - love is felt.

By implying that I do not feel love.

Just because something is felt, does not make it tangible. Do you feel it with your five senses?

It is felt. At last.
Thank you.

It is felt bodily without the need of thought.

The feeling can be intense and not always well received by the mind. Sometimes one does not want to love someone anymore because the mind knows it will be no good but it does not go just cause I 'think' it should.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Please read my response again. And while you are formulating an answer, add another query to that list: what are you thanking me for?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Please read my edit.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Are thirst and hunger 'intangible ideas'?

A yes or no will answer be the best way to help me understand as I am still unclear.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

How does your response address the definition I posted? Emotions are defined as a state of mind. This would place it in the realm of thought, which is considered intangible (though very much expressible).

Now steering the discussion back to the topic, I believe the imagination is our god. It's anything we want it to be, it does anything we want it to do - it's only limited by what we allow ourselves to explore in terms of ideas.

In fact, I think I'll invent a new color. Or at least try.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

How does your response address the definition I posted? Emotions are defined as a state of mind. This would place it in the realm of thought, which is considered intangible (though very much expressible).

Now steering the discussion back to the topic, I believe the imagination is our god. It's anything we want it to be, it does anything we want it to do - it's only limited by what we allow ourselves to explore in terms of ideas.

In fact, I think I'll invent a new color. Or at least try.

It is impossible to bridge the gap as you live entirely in your head (mind, imagination) and I feel the sensations in the body and watch the thoughts arise.

E-motion is energy moving and I see all the energy moving (your definition is one of many and is rather limited).
The imagination is God for you but not for me.
Love is an idea to you but not for me.

I see thoughts and sensations arise whereas you are obsessed with thinking.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It is quite usual for humans to live entirely in their heads - it is the human condition. The mind is king in this world and not many can feel their bodies. If you were to live inside the body instead of the head life would be a lot more comfortable - there is joy and pleasure from feeling the body move.

Most peoples bodies don't move freely - they don't flow and have poise because they are all contracted from fear.

Alexander Lowen a student of Wilhelm Reich was the creator of bioenergetics.

Dr. Alexander Lowen believes that the key to personal change is contact with the body. This book rests on the idea that joy is a natural state, a positive feeling of the body, possible only through surrender to the body by listening to its wisdom and what it communicates. The book reviews the essentials of bioenergetic therapy in the light of other therapeutic approaches, and teaches how to surrender to joy by using bioenergetic principles. It discusses aggression, disappointment, sexual abuse, the fear of dying and issues of spirituality as it attemps to make joy a more common experience. Quote from amazon about the book 'Joy'.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join