It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vanity of Enlightenment

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The shame comes from, failing in the tasks given, or what your own Soul set out for you to do, failing others around you, and helping them overcome and progress. That is the only shame there is. And it is profound if one has harmed others, or not given enough to help. When we remember.........

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

The shame comes from, failing in the tasks given, or what your own Soul set out for you to do, failing others around you, and helping them overcome and progress. That is the only shame there is. And it is profound if one has harmed others, or not given enough to help. When we remember.........

The boss of you is a very hard and harsh task master. Who is your authority?
He sounds mean.

Do you like having him around? Or would life be lighter without him?
edit on 26-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

He sounds mean.

Failure can be the path to spiritual growth and learning. If you never try anything new for fear of failure, that is real shame.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

He sounds mean.

Failure can be the path to spiritual growth and learning. If you never try anything new for fear of failure, that is real shame.

How can one ever fail?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

He sounds mean.

How can one ever fail?

By not opening oneself up to growing and learning from what is perceived by the person believing it to be a failure.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

He sounds mean.

How can one ever fail?

By not opening oneself up to growing and learning from what is perceived by the person believing it to be a failure.

Who is the task master? Who is the judge, the jury and the condemned?
Who is the ultimate authority?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

He sounds mean.

How can one ever fail?

Who is the task master? Who is the judge, the jury and the condemned?
Who is the ultimate authority?

The ultimate authority is whoever the person gives it away to; or keeps it.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

He sounds mean.

She is gentle, counselor, encourages, humor, and understanding, not to judge anyone. To see things in a cause and effect/psychology way, to forgive self and others. But at the same time, our HS is much more perfect and clear and Love and all the programs and harm or anger, or selfishness is a very low frequency, we are called to grow up and reach beyond these levels.

I can assure you, yours is just as hard on you, and Love isn't hard on us the way we're thinking, not a smiting judgmental god, but helping us to see what our affect on others are, to take responsibility, to grow and learn skills to help, to purify. All souls want to be pure and loving, though in this world, not all portions of our Infinite Self see this yet.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Nobody gets an A here, but they don't get B's either. Except for the real or metaphor ideals put forth, at least. And C+ is very debatable whether or not it can even be toed in on.

This isn't some high school class. You aren't the teacher, and therefore not the master, and only make yourself look bad by trying to pass out grades.

My position remains, anyone who claims to be an enlightened being, or to follow an a person they claim to be an enlightened being is just being vain.

I haven't heard any evidence to the contrary.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I don't pass out anyones grades, just have a hand in my own. You all will have a hand in your own, without the mask and forgetfulness, and realizing why you're really here. But I do know its about Love and growing up. And as above so below, look at a family and see how we should be treating each other. And your HS's are just as likely to give you a kick in the pants, or basically, more schooling, more groundhog day, some timeouts too, when you harm others, as mine.
edit on 26-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Ok, now that's a philosophy I believe in.

Instead of seeking enlightenment, I suggest embracing a little crazy now and then.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

What I was trying to highlight was "There is no absolute truth" is a statement that [in]validates itself. So there's no need to prove that it is NOT absolutely true.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

Remember...there is a difference between a TRUTH and a FACT.

A truth is subjective...a fact cannot be.

One can describe Faith as realising a Truth.

One can also decide to watch Football on Sunday instead of going to Church as at least one knows the game that is to be played is a FACT of reality...where as the Game that a GOD is playing with Man would instead be a Truth.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Facts only serve as signs that depend on the individuals to interpret [somewhat] as truth or fallacy. And that's a fact! Feel free to interpret it in any way you like.
Anyway, we are off-tangent from the topic of the thread.

We are all victims of vanity. To single out people claiming Enlightenment as vain is itself a sign of vanity. And probably so is my statement and everyone else's that judge..

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

Uhhh....No.

A FACT can only be interpreted one way....that it is a FACT.

Now a person could use Facts to determine or interpret other issues as to do this is how one determines a TRUTH. As example....I drove to work...FACT. I was pulled over for speeding....Fact. I was late before getting the ticket...FACT. I was fired because I was late....FACT.

Now a person looks at all these FACTS and then will determine a variety of TRUTHS.

Example....I drink too much....TRUTH. I did not drink enough because if I did I would have called in sick and not got in this much trouble.....TRUTH. It was my buddies fault for dragging me out....TRUTH. It was not my buddies fault for dragging me out....Truth. I need a new Job....Truth. I have enough money so I don't need a new Job....TRUTH.

FACT....I can find TRUTH in just about any situation good or bad as a TRUTH is subjective.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

It's a paradox. If it is true that there is no absolute truth, even the idea that there is no absolute truth would sometimes be wrong.

So if you prove it wrong, you are still proving it correct.

If truth is "relative" instead of "absolute" and you say "no it isn't" then you are validating the fact that it is relative by not seeing it as such.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

He sounds mean.

She is gentle, counselor, encourages, humor, and understanding, not to judge anyone. To see things in a cause and effect/psychology way, to forgive self and others. But at the same time, our HS is much more perfect and clear and Love and all the programs and harm or anger, or selfishness is a very low frequency, we are called to grow up and reach beyond these levels.

I can assure you, yours is just as hard on you, and Love isn't hard on us the way we're thinking, not a smiting judgmental god, but helping us to see what our affect on others are, to take responsibility, to grow and learn skills to help, to purify. All souls want to be pure and loving, though in this world, not all portions of our Infinite Self see this yet.

Why does it cause shame? Why does it say that you have failed?
The critical voice inside that judges you is not your friend. If it were your friend it would never say you failed and would never cause you shame.

Mine is not hard on me because I am one.
When the two become one the kingdom shall be revealed.

edit on 27-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The belief in a higher self must be the conversation in the head that goes:
'You idiot'
'What'
'You messed up again'
'
sorry '.

I know all about it - it used to happen here. Still does sometimes
. But now it is realized that it is just noise appearing and disappearing in emptiness.

The conversation goes on between a bully and a victim, if you take the trouble to notice. Which one do you think you are?

It is parental speaking to a child. Transactional Analysis is a tool used to look at the way two people communicate with each other. It uses Parent, Adult and Child as it's main examples of stances when having a communication. When studying the internal dialogue it can be an interesting tool to use.
edit on 27-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Actually at 4 roughly, maybe 5, had an experience with HS. So far the outward/inward ones, as opposed to just inner, were like this. At a young age watched vietnam and napalm on the news, and went outside very very upset. I said, aloud, that if adults still couldn't get it, then kids were going to have to change this world. And my HS spoke as if reminding me, she said, "I had chosen to come". And I was in awe, for I knew, without any credos, beliefs, but more real than anything that existed, that she was Me, but a Big Me (there is No Time, its all simultaneous). Though we're still us, layers like Shrek said, but us, and those layers are not really artificial, but perceptional somehow, with all steps and lessons around us at the same eternal time. I didn't know I was grown up too, and had a really awe and love for the adults in my life. I had no words for it, but thought and searched all my life until dad joined alcholics annonymous as a athiest, he was using the term Higher Self, and that interested me.

Energy was coming in August 2009, and had really bad headaches, had to sleep alot, kept inflooding more of me. At one point I just reached up into me, and I was a field overlooking the planet. Not really on the planet, but projecting in somehow, and the planet is more 2D than we think. I was aware of everyone here, as if knew them all and in the perspective of the elder me, everyone here was a child, even TPTB, and they were like toddlers running with scissors, a risk to self and others, but very loved. The adult versions of us want to help all the children. They're almost like peter pan's lost boys and don't want to grow up.

I also was recognizing everyone, someone I knew was my soul sister, soul mate family grouping, I saw us coming in waves, each decade was a different wave. Dolores Cannon talks of waves, well there are many different decades involved in this. I experienced both the veil dimming details, but an overview of information at the same time, so knew everyone's mission in my family grouping before they came. I knew Billy Meiers mission and was very very upset that he was completely off the mission His Talmud of Judas, stuff really upset me. I said aloud, He is not allowed to start a religion, he is a renegade, and a projection of myself tried to leave me to go to him. I said no way and struggled with self.

I was writing to someone who could project and send healing from Finland and he was the one who sent that Talmud to me, and I told him what I thought about the whole thing, but also shared what I experienced from HS or more of me, stepping in, and recognizing him and a woman on youtube as my sister, and even my ex, I saw many people, some on mission, some off, some renegade types.

I said, you know its a lie when someone writes male homosexuals are evil basically, and yet women its ok because they're not seed bearers. What a pile of sexist ___!

Next day had contact, with the ones that often watched over me long distance driving, even came in and drove the car for 10 minutes. I've had lots of contact. This young angel et male who I knew and recognized without details, told me "Never to judge anyone ever. To intercede for him that he may recover."

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
To continue. Had a checkup, was woken during sleep, like an in house ET one, which has happened. But it was me and I wanted to get back to where I was, which was wonderful and didn't like being in this realm. The curtain of sleep fell quickly as I was trying to ask where I came from and where I was going.

I was sick and something leapt out of the fridge and made a huge mess, which I couldn't cope with. I was just about to get upset with the kids, typically, who left that there? When the sun filled the entire room, and came out of clouds I believe that day, and I was both in and out of me, wonderful high frequency, saying, "remember you who you are and be a loving warm ray of sunlight". I was healed, and cleaned up everything and hugged my kids.

I was walking down the stairs, again not feeling good. And each step down the room completely lifted up, became light filled and higher frequency, each step down was as if going up to higher realms and I was there saying, "Where do you think you are anyway? Do you ever think you leave home?" And then I saw a series of curtains, first veils around a cot with family on the other side, they were with me, a cafe window type, at the end the big red movie theatre curtains pulled back and the movie of our lives was playing. I said no way, we can't have bloopers in that, its recorded for all time. No more road rage, embarrassing moment, be aware, its recorded, all of it. We need to strive to be hero's of this movie, somehow.

And I've had many other experiences, those were more "outer/inner" ones.

Between ET and Higher Self or Inner experience, Higher Self is the jackpot. Go for the gold. Dolores Cannon's books have a lot of interesting truths in them. I've been reading them this year and its fascinating to have some things jog memories. Though always feel like what others are relaying is often shallow or a surface touching in, its not fleshed out or in depth.

Those layers, well you are you. You are all of you really.
edit on 27-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51 >>

join