It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vanity of Enlightenment

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

I don't see him underming you, you see him undermining you...why?

If you read my post more carefully, I never said he undermines me. I said that in regards to myself, taking a subjective look at my spiritual/psychological condition often leaves room for the temptation to spare my personal demons. His perspective is clearly subjective, which means that he has done exactly that. He has left rooms for rent, so to speak. He lets the demons shack up and pay him rent in the form of ego-stroking and a fogged mirror. Everything looks better when you can't see clearly. And when I point it out, he shows a distinct lack of concern. Which concerns me, because these demons can undermine his condition. I don't mean literal demons, I mean the flaws of human nature. Those little things that make it easier to ignore the worst of who we are and can be.

My condition is my own. He doesn't affect it. But I do care about his condition as well. He seems not to care that his condition can be undermined by something he deems so trivial. Things that seem small and harmless...well, even little squeaky dogs can leave scars. And his tone makes it clear that something doesn't quite add up.
edit on 15-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

What motivates you to care?

I'm vain. You're vain. They are vain. The only difference is you're just embarrassed about it.

Not at all. Vanity is a part of being human. But I do express concern when vanity bolsters self-confidence to the point of arrogance. And declaring oneself to be more advanced than the Dalai Lama, one of the greatest students of enlightenment in the world, is more than a little arrogant.

...that will be one more step towards pruning your vanity.

I am at least trying. What about the rest of you?

What motivates you to care? What does it affect you if someone says they are more advanced than the Dalai Lama. Why is your concern of any consequence? What authority verifies for you that the Dalai Lama isn't a bigger hoaxer than Blue? What motivates you to believe them?

What are you hoping for by allowing Blue's arrogance to invoke more responses from you? What is motivating you to keep replying to them? Why are you choosing to continue to dance this dance at the masquerade ball?

I'm mostly just looking for more excuses to post more David Bowie.

edit on 15-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I understand they aren't attempting to "teach" and are just expressing. I'm holding up a mirror of sorts with my way of tossing the ball back.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I don't see him underming you, you see him undermining you...why?

If you read my post more carefully, I never said he undermines me. I said that in regards to myself, taking a subjective look at my spiritual/psychological condition often leaves room for the temptation to spare my personal demons. His perspective is clearly subjective, which means that he has done exactly that. He has left rooms for rent, so to speak. He lets the demons shack up and pay him rent in the form of ego-stroking and a fogged mirror. Everything looks better when you can't see clearly. And when I point it out, he shows a distinct lack of concern. Which concerns me, because these demons can undermine his condition. I don't mean literal demons, I mean the flaws of human nature. Those little things that make it easier to ignore the worst of who we are and can be.

My condition is my own. He doesn't affect it. But I do care about his condition as well. He seems not to care that his condition can be undermined by something he deems so trivial. Things that seem small and harmless...well, even little squeaky dogs can leave scars. And his tone makes it clear that something doesn't quite add up.

Quoting you "...he shows a distinct lack of concern..."

If he had a distinct lack of concern he would not be posting on this thread in an open and non-insulting way.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion

No I understand exactly that they aren't attempting to "teach" and are just expressing. I'm holding up a mirror of sorts.

Why not hold up many mirrors and see the real infinity?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Because right now this portion of infinity is playing the forum discussion masquerade of course. Can't dance without dancers.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Because right now this portion of infinity is playing the forum discussion masquerade of course. Can't dance without dancers.

These types of discussions don't come with masks, didn't you know? All is laid bare due to anonymity.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

These types of discussions don't come with masks, didn't you know? All is laid bare due to anonymity.

Anonymity promotes honesty.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Every discussion infinity has involves donning masks on some level.

I'm not anonymous around here and haven't ever tried to be. If someone needs to be anonymous to be honest in these sort of discussions, I don't think they are being entirely honest with themselves.

Gaming Is Stupid.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Every discussion infinity has involves donning masks on some level.

I'm not anonymous around here and haven't ever tried to be. If someone needs to be anonymous to be honest, I don't think they are being entirely honest with themselves.

Gaming Is Stupid.

Don't confuse research or learning with donning a mask, then again, perhaps the mask is used as a protection, not to play a game. I'm not implying the posters here need to be anyonymous, I'm pointing out the forum affords us anonymity, which in turn affords us a safe haven to be honest.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

A desire to be honest promotes honesty. Nothing else. Some utilize anonymity to be less honest, others utilize it to be more.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

A desire to be honest promotes honesty. Nothing else. Some utilize anonymity to be less honest, others utilize it to be more.

Some won't broadcast their perceptions or experiences without the cloak of anonymity.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Your persona is a mask of infinity.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Your persona is a mask of infinity.

Do I have a persona here?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

That's their choice... but isn't anything inherent in anonymity itself. Anonymity is a tool that can be used for honesty or deception. It's still down to the "person" behind the masque of anonymity.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Has anyone said you do? Other than an avatar and a name and an archive of communications creating a sum image for others to look at relative to the rest?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Has anyone said you do? Other than an avatar and a name and an archive of communications creating a sum image for others to look at relative to the rest?

I am not concerned what other's said I do. I am concerned with what I say I can do, where I can go.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

I'll answer the crux of your post.

The impression that others don't. If I don't care, who will? Even if others don't care that I care, someone may see me reaching out and find meaning in it. If I inspire someone else to care, and they succeed where I don't, then I have succeeded in making a difference. One domino has little reach, but a hundred dominoes can make a bridge.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

I'll answer the crux of your post.

The impression that others don't.

As I stated previously, if the posters seeking enlightenment didn't care about sharing with others, then why is this thread so active? Seeking that which may add to our personal growth and our collective consciousness (for those who wish to join in). Then again, I may be speaking for myself only, but that's alright, it's all good. My chest is full again.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I am not concerned what other's said I do. I am concerned with what I say I can do, where I can go.

And what is your goal in being concerned? Do you have a direction that concerns you? A direction that you find meaning in?

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join