It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Think American Troops Will Not Attack Americans, History Shows You Are Wrong

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This is weird, I'm not sure why they confiscated those guns, but it appears it was just because the corporations and businesses feared that the population would start using them.
Anyways all in all what can we do about it other than sit and watch, if we fight were screwed.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

While there ARE a lot of soldiers that would fire on americans, there are also a LOT of soldiers that would refuse such an order.

Absolutely!!!! ...if they were told they were fighting against innocent Americans...but they won't. The civilians will be labelled terrorists, or traitors, or whatever is the buzz word at that time.

The sad fact is, the people that believe this won't happen, either by trickery, lying, etc., are blinded by their own patriotism.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

One of the reasons Obama was elected is because of what happened during hurricane Katrina.
People remembered. People didn't like it.

Keep in mind there are people saying that sort of emergency response should be privatized.

Do you think that will not end up being an emergency rescue and repair system that relies on who can pay for it, who can afford it?

Do you think others will not end up getting shot because they left the house and decided they wanted to TALK with the people enforcing "security" and accidentally got blown away?

There are places where they are already letting homes burn down because the homeowner did not pay a fee to the fire department. In my opinion police and fire departments should be supported Nationally and access to them both is every persons right along with things like guns, GMO FREE food and affordable health care.
edit on 10-2-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
If the national anthem and the flag mean nothing to you then yeah I can see where you might think about your opinion being accurate.
It isn't.
The best and brightest combatants LIKE America THAT is the ONLY reason we are still here.
We operate outside of self for the country. Lately we have seen our leadership become profane and patriotism is a dirty word uttered by monsters without souls.
Funny we think the same thing about the other side.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Actually, history shows the exact opposite....but whatever you say...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
all i will say is,God help us. and it seems that leadership not only in politics but as well in the forces have been currupted. so,no matter what,theres always two sides of the coin. but the ones of no values seem to be winning. 911 was a landmark of it.as a citizen should we not feel abandoned by our forces? i guess it depends on what you believe really hapend that day and beyond.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
There are a lot of serious problems everywhere and it's a gradual descent, especially for the U.S.

***WARNING, THERE ARE SCENES OF DEATH IN THE VIDEO***

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
As superman said above, they won't fire on civilians. They will fire on any American that has been labelled a terrorist though!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LennayTheUndead

Meh. There are examples for either side of the argument...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Of course SOME, (and by some, i mean, a small percentage) will fire on US citizens, but to me it sounds like your basing the possible actions of a few on the rest of the Military.

I mean how many of you who think the majority of troops will follow such an order, have actual military experience? With a 100% volunteer force, they/we signed up to "protect our country", and arent going to turn around and shoot at people we can identify with...people whom we once shared the "freedoms" of being an American with...all because some boot ass leuitenant fresh from OCS told us too.

Plus the military doesnt get paid enough to want to carry out an order like that...not saying they would do it if they had higher pay, but in that case it wouldnt be about money anyway.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Christopher Dorner is a perfect example of why US Military would attack Americans...and why the public would want them to and support them.

Even if people agree with Dorner's issues with the LAPD and many share those same concerns, no one will support him going vigilante and start killing people.

This is why I laugh at people who think they are going to start the next American Revolution...the first person they kill would be enough to turn them into the enemy.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I think your examples are slightly weak. You would've made a better argument if you had included the Kent State incident.

The National Guard were ordered to fire on American civilians. 61 shots were fired in 13 seconds. Four died and nine were wounded during a protest.

Here's a short vid(doc) of that incident. It consists of quite a few pictures and even some video footage taken on that sad day.

It's not so unbelievable to think the military would attack citizens but I know that many American troops would be against it and sadly some would not.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Diggz

Has anyone ever questioned firing on "terrorists"? Why do you think they would now?
The only high profile person that has is being denied his right to present evidence of his motives behind the intelligence leaks for which he faces 22 charges.

PS- To the poster above, not only Kent State, but Jackson State as well.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Skagnetty

It is made up of 18-20somethings who are just normal kids, criticizing them for volunteering to do a job that had to be done, that nobody else wants to do.

What job are you talking about that needed to be done? You mean invading sovereign countries who are no threat to us for oil and corporate interest? Sorry but you were lied to those countries were no threat to us there was no job that needed to be done. I am not knocking your service however you were lied to and you were not serving your country you were serving banksters and corporate interests. its time to grow up and face facts.

Listen to Major General Smedley Butler the most decorated Marine of his time give it to you straight: War Is a Racket

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Let's also remember that a lot of these soldiers are just kids. Kids who haven't seen enough of the world (figuratively speaking) to become cognizant enough to question what they are told to do.

Will they fire on us? Absolutely. Why? They'd be too damned scared not to.

If the military is ever fully turned against us, we'd better be as ready to kill them, as they will be to kill us or there's nothing else to talk about.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Someone please correct me if I am wrong;
Oh, I know they will !
I believe one of the reasons we sent our troops into Iraq was said to be because Saddam Hussain was such a bad leader that he began killing the citizens of his own country.
Oh, I don't doubt he had come up with some good reasons for doing such a thing. We even implicated and help put on trial those within his government who did little or nothing to stop him. Of course some also went along with him in doing these things. These people were held as guilty as him and delt with accordingly.
I am saying all this trying to make a point of contrast, if such a comparison would be appropriate to make.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

If you're referring to the apparent hypocrisy of the American government turning its military on its own citizens when prosecuting a foreign leader for doing the same, then yes, it should be obvious that our "leaders" would be guilty of the same exact crimes that they attack other nation's leaders for.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos

If you're referring to the apparent hypocrisy of the American government turning its military on its own citizens when prosecuting a foreign leader for doing the same, then yes, it should be obvious that our "leaders" would be guilty of the same exact crimes that they attack other nation's leaders for.

Would it not be nice if some people who "are supposed to be in charge of things" saw this comparison so clearly ?
Saddly, I predict it will never be acknowledged.
This is, after all, asking the hypocrites to see their own hypocrisy.
edit on 11-2-2013 by teamcommander because: new thought

edit on 11-2-2013 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

They see it just fine. The fact is, they know that most Americans aren't paying attention to it, and those of us that are, aren't paid any attention generally.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Why do you think DOD got rid of ALL of its Federal Civil Servants and replaced them with that new Personnel System allowing them to hire and fire on the spot now?

Created "Yes Men".

Under the old Civil Service system the workers had rights and could FORCE the military officers to follow LAW and Regulations. Not now.

DOD also eliminated all the E-9's, E-8's and now E-7's are taking their place. Creating more "Yes Men"...those E-7's lack the rank to force young officers to follow LAW and Regulations.

Which led to a downside for DOD.....look at how many Ship Commanders in the Navy have been getting fire for crashing/ beaching Naval vessels. 25 fired a year now. There no longer is "the Old Man" to keep the young officers in line.

Resulting in runaway young Officers destroying BILLIONS in US military hardware every single year.

The costs are acceptable.....ain't no old men holding them to the Laws and Regulations....creates an atmosphere that will gladly target their fellow Americans and not think twice about it.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join