It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Think American Troops Will Not Attack Americans, History Shows You Are Wrong

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I think history has been clear that they have and will attack attack Americans. I don't think theres a question that the American people will have to face the government, the question is when. We cant continue to grow forever. I think we are seeing evidence of decline across the globe. Anyone who pays attention can probably see that we are raping the planet of resources and its just a matter of time before we are forced back to the basics.

I love when people talk about dumb ass rednecks.They must think the military is some self sustaining entity.I wonder what type of fool would underestimate people with simple weapons, who can catch/hunt there own food, reload/make there own ammo and weapons. Don't have to worry about thousands of gallons of fuel and thousands of pounds of resources to travel significant distances. How many times have cops had to call in the guard? They don't have the numbers and the military relies on infrastructure more than we do. The biggest and only problem we will have is structure. The government knows this and its why they are ensuring we stay divided.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by swimmer15

History has never seen a large engagement where the other side has more elaborate rifles and skills than what the Government would bring to the game.
I would argue that the cold war "close and kill" would serve over indirect support which is the force multiplier these days.
Armor would be sitting ducks in a US city.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Iraq? I'm not saying its a sure thing. Our society is quite divided. The sheer size of our government will be its largest hindrance. Because of the way bases are spread throughout our country will prove difficult to maintain structure without infustructure. Another large prob it will have will be the preventing access to larger weaponry.With bases spread across the country it will make them hard to secure. There would be lots of problems for the gov..the reliance on technology will make it even more difficult. Like I said the biggest issue would be structure.. Our greedy self serving country would make structure and leadership difficult. Our biggest obstacle would be some of our closest neighbors... Katrina anyone?

edit on 12-2-2013 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by swimmer15

Nope,they couldn't shoot as well as the average American gun owner.They did have trained shooters but not as numerous and not better weapons.
What we are talking about are the intelligent,the best trained in the world,and their small arms are far superior,group called veterans,followed by hunters and sportsmen who WAY more that surpass the standard with skills similar to a sniper.
Millions of them.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Im not sure, lol it seems we kindof agree. What you say about veterans, hunters etc is why I think the gov would lose. There is alot of them, If you add in a good % of the guard and reserves it makes the odds better. We have one huge advantage that I think you are overlooking. We trained our reliefs.

Im not denying that the Military has a huge cache of some of the most amazing weapons on the planet. But there are not that many who will kill indiscriminately. I don't believe many in the guard nor the reserves would stand with the government against the people. I also think the military is made up of allot more great people than bad who would not stand with the Government, against the people. I think to think otherwise means to think that there are just more bad people in our society than good..in which case we're all screwed.
edit on 12-2-2013 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I guess it will be up to my grandchildren and great-grandchildren to read the history of what happened when American troops fired on their grandpa and how he and those who believed in the importance of their freedom responded in kind to those troops.

Unlike the troops opening fire, I have taken no oath to the Constitution. Unlike those troops who open fire, I have taken that oath in my heart and will die defending the rights of my posterity to be FREE.
edit on 12-2-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The fact that American Soldiers are willing to fire on Americans, or that Police are willing to burn down the cabins or churches full of suspects should be sufficient to give citizens pause, however, the apparent favoritism of gun bans has not crossed the minds of those who seek it in a logical sense.

Right now, your governments are being slowly devoured by Sharia Law. Your government positions, academic positions, medical positions, and police positions are being occupied one by one with two types of people. Non-religious liberals, and Muslims. Because the Muslims will voice their opposition to a Christian centered or Republican-Neo Conservative right wing world view, the Anti-god left will back and support the Muslims in an attempt to optimize their religious and political freedoms. You merely need examine the flow of student debate and politics at your local universities to see evidence of this trend.

Except for one serious problem. The Muslims are not Communists. They may use communist tactics and communist weapons of war to secure their objectives, but they are not communists. They will continue to encroach upon your political field and attempt to legally take the better armed military by sacrificing the lesser. They will sacrifice the "rights" of millions knowing they will eventually get into political position to control the law enforcement and military. They will disarm the masses.

Then they will use military force to execute the vast majority of liberals that supported them. They will claim that you are godless, that homosexuality is a crime, and they will kill you. They will execute the atheists and execute the agnostics and they will execute the gays, the lesbians, and the pansexuals. They will execute the scientists who oppose their view of creation and they will eventually march millions toward genocide. The Nazis do not have a monopoly on Genocide. Wake up people. 2nd Amendment is for everyone. Your own soldiers will shoot you. Just like the song says "Four dead in Ohio".

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Katrina was only a small portion of the country, it wouldn't and couldn't happen to the entire country. Taking a pistol from an old woman is not the same as disarming 300,000,000+ free men and women. Also, this is not 1924, the times are completely different. If they were to try something like that every single person in the country, and many other countries as well would see it and and the political blowback itself would be devastating not even considering what the people would do in retaliation.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Food for thought. But there are other examples in history which indicate a more hopeful outcome, the Vietnam GI anti-war movement for example. Remember this is when soldiers were sitting down in rice paddies and refusing to follow orders and shooting their officers who would get them killed. The following is a little known history of GI resistance to being used as oppressors, on the eve of the 1968 Chicago Democratic Convention. From the Ft. Hood GI coffeehouse website Under the Hood in Ft. Hood.

theragblog.blogspot.com...

Fort Hood in 1968 was the main base where Vietnam veterans who had six months or less left on their enlistments were sent upon completion of their tour of duty in the war. Somehow, the Army thought that these combat veterans would be perfect for use in suppressing the war at home. The Army brass weren't the only ones who didn't know the mood of the troops. Neither did we. These were men who had experienced the Tet Offensive, men who had known the truth before Tet - that America was not winning the Vietnam War. They were turned off from their experience and unwilling to participate in a new war, a war against their fellow citizens.

Killeen at the time was a typical "old South" garrison town. The town lived off the soldiers, but hated them at the same time....

The Oleo Strut [coffee house] opened on July 4, 1968, with a public picnic in the local park. GIs had been checking the place out over the previous month as the staff worked to set it up, and there was a large enough crowd that a reporter from the New York Times thought the event important enough to write a story about, that received national play....

Within a week of opening, soldiers were coming in at night to tell us of riot control training they were taking part in during the day. They'd been told they were going to Chicago to "fight the hippies and the commies" who were going to show up for the Democratic Convention the next month. They were terribly upset at the thought of having to possibly open fire on Americans who they agreed with about the war and the need for change here in America. Soldiers were talking about deserting, about running away to Mexico, about "doing something." Our response was a little yellow sticker, two inches by two inches. On it was a white hand flashing the "peace sign," backed by a black fist. We printed up 1,000 of them and passed them out. GIs said they would put these on their helmets if they were called into the streets, to identify themselves to the protestors. At this point, the Army got very upset with us.

The Monday of the convention, 5,000 troops were ordered to board the transports. They were headed for the Great Lakes Naval Training Center in Chicago, as backup for the Chicago Police Department. As the soldiers were preparing to board the airplanes, the bravest act of antiwar protest I ever knew of happened. 43 Black soldiers, all combat veterans, refused to board the airplanes. Due to the self-separation of the races on the base, we had no idea this was going to happen. The Black troops had organized themselves. They knew what they were going to get for this. The minimum qualification to be one of those who would refuse was the Bronze Star and the Purple Heart, so the Army wouldn't be able to call them cowards...

The world knows what happened in Chicago. A government cannot put soldiers on the street without the prior knowledge that if they are ordered to crack heads, they all will. No one knew how many of the GIs would carry out their threat of resistance if put in the streets, so all were held back. Deprived of their military backup, the Chicago Police Department staged their historic "police riot." The GI antiwar movement had inflicted its first major blow against the government.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by skynet2015
The fact that American Soldiers are willing to fire on Americans, or that Police are willing to burn down the cabins or churches full of suspects should be sufficient to give citizens pause, however, the apparent favoritism of gun bans has not crossed the minds of those who seek it in a logical sense.

Right now, your governments are being slowly devoured by Sharia Law. Your government positions, academic positions, medical positions, and police positions are being occupied one by one with two types of people. Non-religious liberals, and Muslims. Because the Muslims will voice their opposition to a Christian centered or Republican-Neo Conservative right wing world view, the Anti-god left will back and support the Muslims in an attempt to optimize their religious and political freedoms. You merely need examine the flow of student debate and politics at your local universities to see evidence of this trend.

Except for one serious problem. The Muslims are not Communists. They may use communist tactics and communist weapons of war to secure their objectives, but they are not communists. They will continue to encroach upon your political field and attempt to legally take the better armed military by sacrificing the lesser. They will sacrifice the "rights" of millions knowing they will eventually get into political position to control the law enforcement and military. They will disarm the masses.

Then they will use military force to execute the vast majority of liberals that supported them. They will claim that you are godless, that homosexuality is a crime, and they will kill you. They will execute the atheists and execute the agnostics and they will execute the gays, the lesbians, and the pansexuals. They will execute the scientists who oppose their view of creation and they will eventually march millions toward genocide. The Nazis do not have a monopoly on Genocide. Wake up people. 2nd Amendment is for everyone. Your own soldiers will shoot you. Just like the song says "Four dead in Ohio".

I didn't expect the subject to have supporting evidence so quickly, however,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
All i know is if someone starts shooting at me, i'm shooting back. I don't care who it is.

It's me or them..

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Reason I am not armed.

Id much rather take the troops weapons away when it all begins. They have missiles and things that demolish very large buildings.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join