It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-officer suspect in California cop killing

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
www.foxsportswest.com... this link seems to say hes claiming he has surface to air missles? did he steal them from the military or the cops?

Dorner, who has undergone training at the Navy and Marine Corps Intelligence Training Center in Dam Neck, Va., said he was equipped with a sophisticated “Barrett .50” sniper rifle that would leave law enforcement vehicles useless. The rifles are sometimes used to stop vehicles with a round to the engine block. Dorner said he also was carrying shoulder-launched, surface-to-air missiles for attacks to defend against “airships or gunships.” “I have the strength and benefits of being unpredictable, unconventional, and unforgiving,” Dorner wrote.
so im thinking this one wont end as quietly as the police hope if true.....i mean he knows military and police tactics so he should in theory be a few steps ahead of them

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by aaron2388

The man claims to have had very high clearance from being in the Navy.

"Spook" means a spy, an agent. *facepalm*

I thought everyone here knew that a "spook" was a term used for CIA/NSA/FBI guys. For some reason they all like to retire to Naples/Ft. Meyers Flordia..

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by aaron2388

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
A high and mighty spook/ squid and an officer at that, melts down when he has to start again.Welcome to the real world wussy.
So he decided to have a lethal temper tantrum instead of learning how to adapt.
If you're still breathing you still have a chance to make it if you know how to keep driving yourself,he knew it ,he just wanted it his way, now he'll get NOTHING his way, maybe dead. F##kin idiot anyway.

A 'high and mighty spook?' LOL love the internet racists..so bold on the internet, yet so timid and scared in real life..how pathetic

You're taking the wrong context of 'spook'....but interesting that THAT is where your mind automatically goes

If that's the case, please explain to me what he meant by 'a high and mighty spook.' As far as 'but interesting that THAT is where your mind automatically goes,' yes, when I see someone typing 'spook' in reference to a black man, I tend to see that as racist..How incredibly interesting..

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

The man claims to have had very high clearance from being in the Navy.

"Spook" means a spy, an agent. *facepalm*

I thought everyone here knew that a "spook" was a term used for CIA/NSA/FBI guys. For some reason they all like to retire to Naples/Ft. Meyers Flordia..

Never in my life have I heard 'spook' used in that context. I apologize to the guy if that's what he meant.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

And likewise, I have never heard of it in a racist context, until I said it in front of my GF recently. I was like, "No I'm not being racist!"
edit on 7-2-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

many meanings for "spook" and only one of them is racist and usualy only used by clint eastwood (they used spook in the film to show that clint was an OLD fashioned racist as most people just drop the n word these days as spook was a more common racial term back in the 50's and 60's)en.wikipedia.org...

Agents or people involved in espionage Signal, Communications and Electronic Intelligence gatherers, especially in the US Navy (Cryptologic/Communication Technicians), called such by virtue of their secure onboard spaces, inability to talk about the nature of their job onboard ship, and temporary nature of their job, causing distance from the regular ship's crew.
think spy cia or a ghost in most things he does thats why they called him a "spook"

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Considering he was well prepared enough to craft a VERY well written manifesto, I believe this man is luring police into a trap in big bear.

He torched his car, at least that's what reports are saying, so he didn't plan on leaving in it. He torched it there for a reason.

He's luring them. If nothing would get there attention, a burning truck would.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1
reply to post by randyvs

Did you just hear the bullcrap story on KCAL 9 about how his wallet was left behind in San Diego after he supposedly tried to steal a boat and had his "Detective" badge in the wallet????? But, who would try to steal a boat and leave their wallet behind? That's some crazy crap.

Now, if I remember correctly...wasn't he fired back in 2008-09? And when you're fired from law enforcement...don't you have to turn in your badge???

WTF????

edit on 2/7/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

2008 and to think I gave this story any consideration at all in the beginning but no I hadn't heard that about them finding his Badge. He isn't supposed to have a Badge unless it was a different badge for securitry.

I'm like Kosmic Jack thinking what-in the holy WTF is going on these days ? Are people being zombified except for those of us they can't break because of a strong mind ? It's like some low volume invasion of the mind and body snatchers is going on out there. Sounds completely crazy for a sane person to consider until you realize ... heh ! That's all that's left to explain it.
edit on 7-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
A high and mighty spook/ squid and an officer at that, melts down when he has to start again.Welcome to the real world wussy.
So he decided to have a lethal temper tantrum instead of learning how to adapt.
If you're still breathing you still have a chance to make it if you know how to keep driving yourself,he knew it ,he just wanted it his way, now he'll get NOTHING his way, maybe dead. F##kin idiot anyway.

A 'high and mighty spook?' LOL love the internet racists..so bold on the internet, yet so timid and scared in real life..how pathetic

You're taking the wrong context of 'spook'....but interesting that THAT is where your mind automatically goes

If that's the case, please explain to me what he meant by 'a high and mighty spook.' As far as 'but interesting that THAT is where your mind automatically goes,' yes, when I see someone typing 'spook' in reference to a black man, I tend to see that as racist..How incredibly interesting..

do you REALLY need someone to explain the context that spook was used in here? You're looking for racism, even when it isnt there.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tpsreporter

Yeah, that's an outrage and it pisses me off how the authorities and media are glossing over it.

And yet they want us to buy into the fact that this man was justly fired for falsehoods after reporting an officer kicked a homeless man?

If you would make light of firing wantonly on innocent civilians without verifying i.d., you sure as hell would cover up mistreatment of a homeless person.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by unphased

Or...a diversion to stike somewhere else, like the guy in Norway did.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by unphased

seems like hes leaving false trails and most likely has had several vehicles to choose from to hide his identy he knows what they will be looking for so most likely he is trying to waste police time and resources as well as probably a partial reason for hte manifesto as every person he threatens gets one to three cops off the street looking for him and "guarding his targets from harm" so i think he will strike next from somewhere un expected

on the plus side we have a loony running around saying gun control needs to be stricter while trying to off people so i think this guy might be trying to do harm to the anti gun movement as well

thats how i take it at-least

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Anderson cooper's show admitted they had censored the manifesto. How does it keep people safe to hide their names? Could not the public knowing more HELP look out for them if they knew more?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

do you REALLY need someone to explain the context that spook was used in here? You're looking for racism, even when it isnt there.

You're being naive if you don't see how "A high and mighty spook" could be mistaken for a racist comment, especially since you yourself are obviously aware that 'spook' is a racial slur.
edit on 7-2-2013 by aaron2388 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

You're being naive if you don't see how "A high and mighty spook" couldn't be mistaken for a racist comment, especially since you yourself are obviously aware that 'spook' is a racial slur.

Its about context. There was no racial context in the statement. At all.

but I digress. You made a mistake, it happens.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

And likewise, I have never heard of it in a racist context

Now this is refreshing.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Intelligent fellow. Believable manifesto....but still a murderer...

He'll give himself up outside CA. Go wherever he knows he wont get shot with his arms up.
*Hopefully
edit on 7-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
Intelligent fellow. Believable manifesto....but still a murderer...

He'll give himself up outside CA. Go wherever he knows he wont get shot with his arms up.
*Hopefully
edit on 7-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

If you believe the second part of your post then you couldn't have read the manifesto.

He already knows EXACTLY what the LAPD is gonna do. =)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
So, they still haven't found him even with all their resources? Either the police aren't doing very well (which is worrying), or this guy is an excellent pro (which it seems he is). This ex-officer, ex-Navy guy Dorner certainly doesn't seem like our average crazy mass shooter (e.g. Jared Lee Loughner/James Holmes type). He seems more like the Breivik persona - clever, intelligent and well-planned.

But what grabs my attention is the fact of what weapons and artillery he would have with him. That's certainly one to watch...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join