It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genius

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by beezzer

God forbid if there are microbes upstairs!

Neurotransmitters "talk" to each other from dendritic outgrowths. Just trying to find a way to make this hypothesis fit.

Taking the other side, maybe it affects gliosis. Just think, a bit of current, and bammo, a ton of new glia swarming everywhere, looking for neurons to modulate.

Imagine this.

Voltage affects the endocrine system.(hormones, pituitary etc. . . )

Thus creating an environment where increased myelinization occurs.

Hmm. . .

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
reply to post by rickymouse

Hi,

I had my wife hold the electrodes on my digital multi meter once to see if our voltage readings were the same; mine was like 0.8vdc while hers was nearly 1.25vdc...she is SMART- for real and celebrated!

I used to think that if everybody held hands, we could generate a whole lot of accessible voltages to utilize.

I guess it won't work because of something to do with resistance.

It tends to be a scary mystery to me what 'could' happen if everyone did hold hands somehow...the magnetic field that would generate might could do wonders we've never seen before!

Thanks for the adventure!

Have you ever seen the movie, "Avatar"? There are a few scenes where the Na'-vi are chanting and moving in rythym, whilst all touching/holding each other, in an attempt to create something magical...The correlation just struck me, when I read your post...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Neurotransmitters "talk" to each other from dendritic outgrowths. Just trying to find a way to make this hypothesis fit.

Taking the other side, maybe it affects gliosis. Just think, a bit of current, and bammo, a ton of new glia swarming everywhere, looking for neurons to modulate.

I looked up gliosis and that was interesting, it may possibly stimulate something in the brain. I don't know if it is possible but too much voltage would form scarring. What is Bammo?
edit on 7-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Do you feel witty? Witty is a sign of intelligence. I am sure some frequencies are bad for us too, that is why I am thinking static electricity or super high voltage with very little amps. One frequency will induce another frequency in the body, knowing the optimal frequency and this conversion would be necessary.

Frequency of what? Frequency is an attribute, not a tangible.

Same question about one frequency inducing another - frequency of what, and why do you think that's true? What might constitute an "optimal" frequency, and of what? Heartbeats? Blinks per second? Swallows per hour? Poots per day?

Resonant frequency can be tangible. As a measurable effect caused by an outside stimulus. Perhaps this is what the OP is referring to?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well, for sure, there is some solid science on tDCS, and it works, and it's not clear why, although being DC you would get a low but detectable migration of metallic ions. That is, in fact, a reason why it's generally not a good idea to do with just any electrodes, it can cause a sort of iontophoresis of the electrode material into your skin.

Anecdotally, I have used low current transcranial AC in the past to induce lucid dream states, and THAT works too, just as I was told, and quite frankly, it gets boring. Worse, I was eventually in a fragmented sleep state every stinking night wherein I was aware of my being asleep, and aware of being in some sense awake, and aware of part of me dreaming from time to time. I could hear everything going on around me, but not see because my eyes were closed. And it gets really boring listening to the clock tick and the old lady and myself breathe, and the occasional flatus. "Body asleep mind awake" is not, despite tales to the contrary, pleasant. Or restful.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Crystals have had a reputation (re; their resonant frequency) of healing.

Perhaps there s something to a certain resonance.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I looked up gliosis and that was interesting, it may possibly stimulate something in the brain. I don't know if it is possible but too much voltage would form scarring. What is Bammo?

An interjection. They show excitement, or emotion. They're generally set apart from a sentence by an exclamation point, or by a comma when the feeling's not as strong.

link   
Hmmm, I get hit by 40,000 volts at least once a week. I R GENIUS

link   

Imagine this.

Voltage affects the endocrine system.(hormones, pituitary etc. . . )

Thus creating an environment where increased myelinization occurs.

Hmm. . .

Very interesting indeed. I'll have to study this more to see possible applications of that towards autoimmune diseases involving the myelin sheath. I have absolutely no way of testing any of this

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
Hmmm, I get hit by 40,000 volts at least once a week. I R GENIUS

Doesn't sound like you're learning from your mistakes

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Resonant frequency can be tangible. As a measurable effect caused by an outside stimulus. Perhaps this is what the OP is referring to?

Resonant frequency of what? What's resonating?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
I'm commenting so I can read up on the Gov't testing. Interesting. Yes, our body, and brain are constantly producing electrical impulses. I had commented before that the reason why people are going nuts is because of all the wi-fi, cell towers that are around. I say the frequencies are messing with the synaps in our brains, making them "short circuit" for lack of a better term.

I'm not a neuroanything or scientist but this is really interesting to me S&F OP for creating this thread.

Polish when I read your comment the first thing I thought was~

So do we know what type of electrical impulses our brain is generating and if so couldn't we mimic (via machine/low amp) the same Electrical Impulses directly into the body uping the the amount that is safely travelling through the body?

Can anyone of the experts on ATS assist with this thought? Is this even possible?

Please advise~

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

ROFL, apparently it is not a mistake!! Kinda hurts though.

link   
Here's a big freakin' "what-if" from the disturbed mind of yours truly....

You subject a person to sound waves that induce their body/mind's resonant frequency. As they are experiencing some type of euphoria, from this sensation, you add a magnetic influence, and then a light source of specific wavelength, and then a small electric charge, ALL of which should be tuned to a harmony, or specific chord, in relation to the subject's body.

What would happen?

link   

Crystals have had a reputation (re; their resonant frequency) of healing.

Perhaps there s something to a certain resonance.

Crystals aren't magical. Parts of some piezoelectric crystals can be electromechanically resonant, but only if they're cut just right...and then, they still don't do anything unless they're used correctly in a circuit.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I was trying to tie it into Bammo/brain when I researched it. Just kept getting definitions that did not have anything to do with the brain or nerves.
I see what your saying.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You subject a person to sound waves that induce their body/mind's resonant frequency. As they are experiencing some type of euphoria, from this sensation, you add a magnetic influence, and then a light source of specific wavelength, and then a small electric charge, ALL of which should be tuned to a harmony, or specific chord, in relation to the subject's body.

What would happen?

Your body doesn't have a resonant frequency, nor your mind. Electric charge does not have a frequency, although you can apply an electrical signal that does. Light and sound are not similar, and cannot be tuned to each other.

So, no, basically.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

What would happen?

Start to dance?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

I was trying to tie it into Bammo/brain when I researched it. Just kept getting definitions that did not have anything to do with the brain or nerves.
I see what your saying.

I had a flashback to Schoolhouse Rock. Interjections! was one of my favorite grammar ones. I started to quote the whole thing. When you're happy, or sad, or frightened, or mad, an interjection starts the sentence right!

Or I was channeling Madden, not sure which.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

Have you ever seen the movie, "Avatar"? There are a few scenes where the Na'-vi are chanting and moving in rythym, whilst all touching/holding each other, in an attempt to create something magical...The correlation just struck me, when I read your post...

I haven't seen it, and now I'm kinda curious...

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join