It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coral Castle Florida - Any thoughts?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Happy Halloween ATS.

I found reference to a place called Coral Castle in Homestead, Florida. I'll save my paraphrasing and let you read the links I found, but apparently there is a lot of unexplained stuff around the creation of this place along with it's creator.

Let me know if you have heard of this or if some of you have been here. It's only about a 2 hour drive from where I am so I might check it out.

I tried snopes.com and couldn't find any dirt on it, so I'm posting it here. I'm curious if any of you have any ideas about how he moved these stones and was so accurate about his work, or if it's all crap.

Thanks for your contribution!

Link 1 (Home Page)

Link 2

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Remains a mystery....though I suspect someone knows how he did it. Can't remember his name, but he's also shown (using leverage and weight, etc.) that one man can raise monolith stones like in Stonehenge...

There are some threads here on ATS about Coral Castle...I'd recommend the search for more info. Even a Google search on "above top secret coral castle" should turn up the threads if the ATS search doesn't....

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yeah I searched on the ATS site (maybe did it wrong) and didn't find anything so I posted it

I just find it odd that he wanted to do it all in such secrecy and his answers were so vague. It's still an amazing feat that he did, lining up everything with the planets, etc.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
There is really nothing secret or mysterious about the construction of the Coral Castle in Florida.

The architect, Ed Leedskalin (pictures below) constructed the castle in dedication to his long lost love Agnes (same reason behind the construction of the Taj Majal).

He aquired his masonry skill from stone masons in Lativa. This enabled him to construct and carve over 1,100pounds of stone which made up the Coral Castle.

How did he move the stones?

Ed had the chassis of an old Republic truck on which he laid two rails. He had a friend with a tractor move the loaded trailer from Florida City to Homestead
www.coralcastle.com...

It took him from 1923-1951 to construct the monument. No Mystery!

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yeah, he had someone help move it somewhere else, but nobody knows exactly how by himself, moved those stones into place by himself when he created the castle. Its easy to say you know something by pointing to obvious facts, dont be ignorant.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The castle where my wife and I got married, was built by the owner himself.

solomonscastle.com...

Pretty neat place, and real nice people.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hoppsak
Its easy to say you know something by pointing to obvious facts, dont be ignorant.

How is that even close to ignorant? Wouldnt that be the opposite of ignorance?

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Pretending you know everything by pointing out simple factors to something that is much more complex than you make it look. Yes, that is being ignorant. Its like saying UFO's arent a mystery! They fly, they look cool, and they shoot green lazer beams. No mystery!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Simulacra's correct (and we've looked this one up before.) He was an engineer and he built it by himself. There's web pages on the Internet showing him with his truck and a rig and pulley system that he built using telephone poles, pulling up a huge block of coral for the buildings.

It's easy to do and was fairly common knowledge back then, when folks had to know how to rig pulley systems to lift heavy objects (railroads and oil fields) without using a lot of people.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Most of the information about the coral castle anywhere is that he only built while he was alone, nothing mentions about using trucks. The most that is reported that he used were different types of pulley tripods. He used a friends truck for transportation when the castle was moved, but when he put it together? If people knew that for a fact there wouldnt be so many sites and movies on this saying: "How could one man do this on his own, with such simple tools!". What you're suggesting sounds like speculation.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
no I am sorry modern day engineers still can not re-create the lifting force to move 10 TON blocks.. that is 20,000 lbs. He had no diesel equipment on his property. The man was only 105lbs and was frail. Even with pulleys there is no way he could generate enough lifting force to lift a 10 ton block of coral. Plus the three telephone pole scaffolding would have buckled and cracked under the weight of the even some of the smaller blocks.

when he moved from the first location he only asked that the truck be left and over night he loaded the truck by himself same thing when the truck delivered the huge blocks to the new location he asked that the truck driver not be there. And Ed L off loaded the truck again by himself.

No engineer has yet been able to duplicate what he did without the aid of huge multi ton earth moving equipment.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
robertfenix is correct, I guess only the maker himself will know how this was done..

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Here's the guy I was thinking about....

www.theforgottentechnology.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hoppsak
Pretending you know everything by pointing out simple factors to something that is much more complex than you make it look.

It's really not that complex, he built a lavish castle using a unique pulley system. Thats it.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think Ed Leedskalin showed more brilliance then just assembling that castle. I'm surprised no one has mentioned his theory on magnetic currents which flips modern theories about it on its head. His actual writings are bit hard to follow because english is not his native language, but he basically states that modern science is only looking at one side of electricity.

www.coralcastlecode.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You know Kageki, I read through his papers, on line, that were left behind after his death. Pretty interesting stuff and strangely made sense to me. Did he choose this part of Florida simply because of the gravitational properties of the area or was it because of the type of material to build with?

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
[edit on 31-12-2004 by namehere]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Alledgedly he was seen moving some smaller blocks around the Park and was spied by some kids who claimed they saw him throw a sheet of copper coils over the top of the stone and it then proceded to levitate the stone with a small box (controller) wired to the sheet. I remember reading this a few years back and its probably bunk but thought it worth mentioning.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
skychief,

I believe this quote directly answers your question.

Stoner speculates that the complex was originally moved from Florida City to Homestead, not because of privacy issues (as most historians suggest), but because Ed realized he had made a mathematical error in his original positioning, and moved the entire structure to take advantage of an area with greater telluric force.

Its possible to guess that he chose the original location for the materials then moved to take advantage of some kind of gravitational property in the new area.

www.crystalinks.com...

A site explaining telluric grid, ley lines etc. under the umbrella term Planetary Grids.

www.luisprada.com...

Judging from his body of work, I'm inclined to think Ed was well aware of these concepts. I'm convinced this man was onto something big.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
www.crystalinks.com...

Does anyone here not remember the story of the Tower of Babel? [Gen: 11]
What made God so angry that he destroyed the tower and confounded our language as punishment ?
Not that we were building it, but the way in which we were building it...with bricks and tar instead of stone mortar...
The Egyptian priests were rumoured to be adepts at geomancy, as were the Aztec and Mayans, among others..and that involves being able to enchant stones with music in order to raise or influence the 'vibrations', which then has an effect on the magentic properties and quantum flux of the atoms comprising the 'solid'.
We know from quantum physics and ZPE research that everything is in a state a 'vibration'..including you and me..at the sub-atomic level.

Edward Leedskalnin , when he says he stumbled on rtthe secrets of the ancients, and that it all has to do with magnetism, should be taken at his word, since, we have tons of evidence to support his claims, and not one so-called expert, engineer, archtiect, or debunker managing to replicate or demonstrate how the man did it.

-Sincerely
-Shai

top topics

<<   2 >>

join