It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coral Castle Florida - Any thoughts?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
A christian missionary once traveled to Tibet and recorded seeing Bhuddist Monks levitating small stones with their voices. I wish I could remember more of the story, but I read it fairly recently, within the last several years, and the only other detail i can remeber was that the monks were Bodhisatva Bhuddists, or basically Bhuddists mystics. Was pretty interesting.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
What an amazing place. Thanks for the links. Not sure how the little man built such a wonderfull place with hardly nothing for tools and being such a small frame man. But I plan to visit during the spring.
Thanks for bringing this castle to our attention

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
There is still many things humans need to learn. there is no way a man of his frame could have positioned those stones the way he did, even with a pulley system (let alone the pulley system withstanding the force of that much weight). something very interesting was going there. he was positioning stones almost twice the amount of weight the egyptians used when they built the pyramids. kids spying on him and seeing him levitate these stones or the guy who left for 30 minutes forgot his lunchpale and came back to a fully loaded trailer rdy to move again. that must have been some pulley system!! truly something great

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I'm going to have to put my 2 cents in since I mentioned this when I first joined. Being a native of Miami, I have always been fascinated with Coral Castle and his abilities to move these large stones. Though I have my own beliefs that water and pulley systems were used, I incling of doubt in my mind. I have always had this quote (see my quote at the end of the post). It is eary to think he may have used sound waves or something of the sort. As you will see, he provided us with a riddle to solve this mystery, yet noone has solved it.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Simulacra

'Actually' the total weight was close to 3,000,000 pounds of limestone and coral. The front door alone weighed about 1,800 lbs which took 2- 20 ton cranes to reposition when the single ball bearing it was perfectly aligned on finally deteriorated. Wiki - Coral Castle
I think the mystery would be how the Latvian masons had such skill if it's where he learned to use his meek physical strength.

So far I haven't heard of any amazing accomplishments in Latvia of this measure.

There really isn't any mystery I think, just secrets.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by robertfenix

You are so clearly wrong. I could lift a 20,000lb block with one hand, given the right pulley. It's not magical or mystical. It's not aliens. It's nothing weird. It's simple physics - it's taught at school. It's called a mechanical advantage - you translate one form of work for another. In the case of pulleys, you have to pull more rope to lift, but the force you pull the rope with is a mere fraction of the weight of the object being lifted.

Couple that with the ages-old (and still-known) idea of "balance", where you can easily move a massive rock with the mere touch of a finger, provided it is supported at the absolute centre of gravity. Indeed Coral Castle features a massive, expertly-balanced door, made completely from stone, that can be moved with your hand. Clearly the architect and builder guy was a capable stonemason, not some magnet-wielding, harmonics-utilising wizard.

Nothing strange about it. A very sad story with a very sad end. Poor guy.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
dave420 is correct, basically. If you are lifting a mass of 9100 kg (20 000 lbm), and you use three movable pulleys (the pulleys at the bottom), then the force you must apply at the free end of the cable is 14.83 kN, which is far more than a human weighs. But what almost everyone on almost every web site seems to not understand about physics is that you do not merely hang a weight (your own body weight) to the free end of the cable, in that case. You instead attach the free cable end to a hand-operated winch (sometimes called a "come along"), then anchor the winch to a fixed point, such as the bottom of one of those massive telephone poles used by Leedskalnin. He often used a manual winch, but most sites give misinformation and erroneously fail to mention this.

And, if the manual winch does not apply enough tensile force to the free cable end, then you can use even more physics (mechanical advantage, leverage) to increase the applied cable tension further. All you need to do is anchor the free cable end directly to a fixed anchor point (not to the winch), then pull on the anchored cable in a direction perpendicular to the anchored cable (and you can use the winch in this perpendicular direction). You can apply a tremendous amount of tension to the almost-straight primary cable in this way, but only up to the tensile yield strength of the materials. Just size your steel cross sections such that the tensile stress does not exceed, say, 210 MPa.

Regarding a revolving door, almost all web sites fail to understand that the door does not need to be balanced very well at all in order to work well. It is not an amazing mystery. Open an extremely massive house door. Now barely push it with your little finger. Notice the door rotates effortlessly. It is completely imbalanced, with hinges far to one side of the door center of gravity, but the door rotates effortlessly.

Nonetheless, this is not to discredit amazing feats. And yet, it seems obvious that many men assisted in the construction. The really amazing thing is how all of the few people who saw something did not divulge the local secret. Or, if they did divulge it, it has not been widely published (to my knowledge).

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I once visited Coral Castle and it's clear to me that its builder easily could have concealed artifacts among all that coral stonework, including anti-gravity devices. (I believe Leedskalnin constructed and used anti-gravity devices to lift large blocks of coral a short height. According to Gordon-Michael Scallion, this can be done if you find the right energy pattern.) I'd like to sweep every inch of Coral Castle with a metal detector. Has the government already done that?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
That's an interesting question Jeffwm. I've wondered what other hidden clues could be hidden there, some possibly in plain sight. If I had the time and $ I'd try to find the original location of Rockgate Park, too. I wonder if anyone has taken EM measurements of the site and compared it with the surrounding baseline?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join