It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient astronaut theory is a conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
hello, boys and girls, i have noticed, that many times, when i roll some theories in my head, the ancient astronaut theory keeps trampling my spiritual toes,,
Lets first look at the modern ufo`s, in my opinion this is a cover-up, for advanced military drones.
because when someone sees something weird in the sky, i doubt that any nation would like to say, "hey its ours"
it easier to say it came from outer space.

same goes for the ancient astronauts, i think it takes away the idea, that ordinary men can do extraordinary things, like for example, build pyramids.
why do we believe that our super civilization, is the first one, there may have been many others before ours, that could have even surpassed ours.
i am not saying that alien life cant exist, because i do believe in aliens. they may even have visited us at some point,
I am just proposing the idea, that maybe human beings, deserve more credit for their amazing abilities.
cheers!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
UFOs can very well be advanced government created airplanes.

Just because we don't have the answer to ancient structures/buildings yet does not mean it was made by the aliens. Just because we dont have the answer to pyramid's yet does not mean it was made by aliens. It could very well be something related to something gothic and/or black magic. Aliens are overrated in every aspect.

This is the attitude of many people nowadays:-

edit on 5-2-2013 by inj3ct0r because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve
am not saying that alien life cant exist, because i do believe in aliens. they may even have visited us at some point,
I am just proposing the idea, that maybe human beings, deserve more credit for their amazing abilities.
Agreed...to take it further, though, you notice how nobody ever doubts that the great architectural wonders of Europe were accomplished by white folk? It seems that the Ancient Alien concept is based upon the precept that brown people can't build good stuff. Kind of an extension to the idea that the First Nations could not have been responsible for the Mississippian Mound Culture. S&F to you.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Indeed,, and many of these relatively new "wonder" buildings are actually very poorly constructed, when they are compared to ancient sites. weak materials, lacking technique, and so on.

edit on 5-2-2013 by solve because: correction

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

why do we believe that our super civilization, is the first one, there may have been many others before ours, that could have even surpassed ours.
.... and just as those before ours, this one too may very well end up in total chaos, after self-destructing & collapsing entirely in upon itself.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

am not saying that alien life cant exist, because i do believe in aliens. they may even have visited us at some point,
Agreed...to take it further, though, you notice how nobody ever doubts that the great architectural wonders of Europe were accomplished by white folk? It seems that the Ancient Alien concept is based upon the precept that brown people can't build good stuff. Kind of an extension to the idea that the First Nations could not have been responsible for the Mississippian Mound Culture. S&F to you.

I dunno, the building of Stonehenge, amongst several other European monuments from the same period, has also been questioned.

European architecture of the Middle Ages hasn't been questions because we KNOW that humans built it, there are irrefutable records proving this.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

yeah. I think so. It is a lie, meant to confuse us and keep us from the truth of "primitive" man.

Neanderthal was not on a lower peg of the evolutionary ladder.....

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Indeed,, and many of these relatively new "wonder" buildings are actually very poorly constructed, when they are compared to ancient sites. weak materials, lacking technique, and so on.

Modern buildings of steel and glass will have disappeared and crumbled into dust long before stone monuments built thousands of years ago do the same thing.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

S&F to you. The whole alien theory thing is for me again another invention of "god". Like a kid that ate all the cookies over night blames it on the "big Mouse."
I see that as we now begin more and more to question religion, get more scientific evidence on the many "myth" of established religion, we need quickly another "big Guy". So from the single deity of God we not blame it on GODS. Some superior beings that we unknowingly and falsely see as infinitive powerful.
I rather see it that we have gone through many HI-LO-HI developments. I was fascinated with the TV series "Life after people" and how quickly a few 1,000 years can eradicate all traces of humanity. Today we unearth ancient civilizations that date far further back than our known 5,000+ time lines. We are made aware of super volcanoes and super tsunamis. Well they are not called "Super" for nothing. Our normal natural disasters we can remember. Also the 2004 tsunami killed close to a 1/4 million people, we still had close to 7 Billion left to document and observe this event. A SUPER tsunami would have left a few tribes in isolated region left to tell the "myth" about those god like structures of modern civilization.
On the sideline: I dislike the misuse of the term "Theory" for the likes as Alien astronaut "theory". Creationist "theory" and so forth. They should be called "Hypothesis". A Hypothesis is some train of thought that is quite plausible, but "unproven" while a theory is able to be proven over and over again in controlled experiments, with dating and other forms of scientific proof.
I always retell a fact from my own home town in Europe. In my town's museum is a large rock on exhibit that has close to 20 "U"-shaped groves of such immense quality and straightness that we could hardly reproduce them today with our best tools. Many visitors who see this rock, and you cannot read German and the explanation for these grooves, (_!_)-ume - (ASSume) that this is some "Alien" artifact. However my town made its wealth with the iron trade and manufacturing. The mines were way up river and over the many centuries, prior to the advent of rail roads, the raw iron ore was shipped down river by rafts. Then when empty the rafts got towed back up river by horses or oxen pulling them along from land with hemp ropes. At specific tight turn in the river these ropes would cut into this rock. And over the many centuries eventually cut those impeccable U-groves.
Now the rock is on display because people still remembered this time when the museum was established and saved this rock as a symbol to their 1,000 year long heritage.
Now imagine one finds such a rock today in a layer of soil dating to 50,000 years back?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

S&F to you. The whole alien theory thing is for me again another invention of "god". Like a kid that ate all the cookies over night blames it on the "big Mouse."
I see that as we now begin more and more to question religion, get more scientific evidence on the many "myth" of established religion, we need quickly another "big Guy". So from the single deity of God we not blame it on GODS. Some superior beings that we unknowingly and falsely see as infinitive powerful.
I rather see it that we have gone through many HI-LO-HI developments. I was fascinated with the TV series "Life after people" and how quickly a few 1,000 years can eradicate all traces of humanity. Today we unearth ancient civilizations that date far further back than our known 5,000+ time lines. We are made aware of super volcanoes and super tsunamis. Well they are not called "Super" for nothing. Our normal natural disasters we can remember. Also the 2004 tsunami killed close to a 1/4 million people, we still had close to 7 Billion left to document and observe this event. A SUPER tsunami would have left a few tribes in isolated region left to tell the "myth" about those god like structures of modern civilization.
On the sideline: I dislike the misuse of the term "Theory" for the likes as Alien astronaut "theory". Creationist "theory" and so forth. They should be called "Hypothesis". A Hypothesis is some train of thought that is quite plausible, but "unproven" while a theory is able to be proven over and over again in controlled experiments, with dating and other forms of scientific proof.
I always retell a fact from my own home town in Europe. In my town's museum is a large rock on exhibit that has close to 20 "U"-shaped groves of such immense quality and straightness that we could hardly reproduce them today with our best tools. Many visitors who see this rock, and you cannot read German and the explanation for these grooves, (_!_)-ume - (ASSume) that this is some "Alien" artifact. However my town made its wealth with the iron trade and manufacturing. The mines were way up river and over the many centuries, prior to the advent of rail roads, the raw iron ore was shipped down river by rafts. Then when empty the rafts got towed back up river by horses or oxen pulling them along from land with hemp ropes. At specific tight turn in the river these ropes would cut into this rock. And over the many centuries eventually cut those impeccable U-groves.
Now the rock is on display because people still remembered this time when the museum was established and saved this rock as a symbol to their 1,000 year long heritage.
Now imagine one finds such a rock today in a layer of soil dating to 50,000 years back?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by inj3ct0r

every body gives this guy a bad rap because he has badass hair and extreme views. but the thing is that is his job and he does it well. he is the posterboy for the A.A. theory and all he is doing is being the voice, face, and hair for the theory, and he gets paid to do it. what, is he not going to say aliens, when his career depends on him saying aliens? I saw a A.A. the other day and he said during the show if I was in India doing the same thing I would be out of a Job because the A.A. theory is an accepted thing over there. so in the end its all ones point of view.

my thought on the Ancient alien theory, it is very well possible and i would say probable until proven otherwise. which means a lot of real proof that isn't available. but that door swings both was. that's why its A.A. theory, not fact. and alot of main stream study is also based on theory, until we have verifiable records of true history or create time travel its all a theory.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Very well said sir. And yes Ancient Aliens is very believable. Hope one day we get the facts to confirm this .

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

edit on 8-2-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think it's likely that they'd keep a watchful eye on us to see how we develop. But actually interfere with our development, and try to prod us forward? Scientifically it doesn't seem logical. And why haven't they come back to help us now, when we're getting close to destroying our planet (and each other)? To say that aliens must be responsible for the great achievements of our ancestors is selling them short. They were just as capable 5,000 years ago as we are now. The human brain hasn't changed much at all in that timeframe. If anything it has become more stubborn and closed-minded...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

i pretty much the same way on this - aliens most likely exist in some form and may or may never have visited our planet, but thats not relevant to the issue for me.
the whole AA theory is built around a bunch of misunderstandings and wishful thinking, as well as some concerted profit making from authors etc. a great many of the "facts" that are presented about sites are way out of context, exaggerated, misinterpreted and too often seemingly made up while ancient texts are horribly misrepresented to scew the picture further.
and all to often the lines "we all know" "it would be impossible to do back then" when nothing could be further from the truth. gah like you say man can do amazing things, and all these sites are just testament to that.
then this rot get spread around on tv and via the interwebs until to lots of people it seems to be as plain as the nose on their face that it must be true.
sad thing is that human history and ancient literature are fascinating enough without having to jazz it up with alien visitation, genetic manipulation and all that stuff.

as to it being a conspiracy re govt projects and the like taking advantage of it as a smokescreen.. why wouldnt they make the most of it? it clearly works a treat so they'd be fools not to i guess

edit on 8-2-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well I consider myself an ancient astronaut theorist and I do believe a lot of the theories include conspiracy theory elements.

new topics

top topics

join