It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on earth is living proof Extraterrestials exists.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

I think that anyone who denies life exists elsewhere in the universe and claims that we are the only living species in the universe can go suck a big one with their homie corporate dingleberrys.
Sorry ignorance is frustrating, or is it bliss?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Happy now?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I disagree. If we found just ONE other water world in our own galaxy, then we would have nailed down an x-factor (however much an approximation) as the foundation for a type of Drake Equation.

And here is the means by which it will be proven or not within the next 10-20 years.

GIANT RedioTelescope To Solve Cosmic Mysteries (incl. ET Life).

Also, as we continue with this survey of the Milky Way Galaxy, with every exo-planet we discover which does NOT house life as on earth, the statistical probability will change revealing the Earth to be ever more unique. But, if just one other water world is discovered, then there it is, and the premise of the OP would then be vindicated in a way.

And again, so that it isn't missed or glossed over - here is the evidence for our uniqueness, something which many of us, myself included at one time, were unaware of when making these types of statements about the statistical certainty of ET life and in particular other earth-like worlds capable of supporting highly evolved ET sentient lifeforms not unlike ourselves.

Unique Earth-Moon-Sun Cosmological Configuration

edit on 5-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Actually, scientist have created early primordial sludge, the basis of life on Earth, in test experiments.
Amino acids, nutrients, lightening, gases = life.

I also understand the majority of scientists agree that early life probably was seeded from meteorites etc, that have landed on Earth over the eons. Consider also, that they theorize that the Billions of gallons of water (H2O) on our Planet, have come from millions/billions of years of bombardment from water laden Comets and other bodies. Hard to imagine, but Where Did the water come from? (yes rain Ha Ha).
Consider also the other bodies just in our solar system, with water (actually all of them it seems).
Recent Hubble discoveries have shown huge clouds (as big as our galaxy) of H2O far away in the Universe. (also back in time too).

Consider that the Earth is about 4 billions years old and the Universe is suppose to be 13 billion years old.......What do you think has happened in the 9 Billion years inbetween?

How many "Life Cycles" have existed on the trillions of planets in the Universe, BEFORE the Earth was even formed?
Ponder that for a while.

Also consider the HUGE variety of life on our planet, that is COMPLETELY Alien to Humans.
Jelly Fish...transparent water creatures living in water???, Crustaceans??? and millions of other creatures.

Any Humanoid space Alien would be more similar to us than our own Earth Cousins....

Yes of course there are trillions of life forms that live elsewhere our Galaxy.

And if the meteorite theory is correct (probably is), then WE are the Aliens......descendant life forms of the invaders to Earth and Mars and Venus, Europa etc, from the stars.

Maybe the Jelly Fish are the original Earth Created life forms??

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm fairly certain life exists elsewhere in the universe but, life on earth is in no way proof of that.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
You can haul out all the statistics about star numbers and planet numbers and how big the universe is, but sheer size does not guarantee that life will simply, naturally "come to be" other places in the universe like it did on Earth. That's because nobody has a clue about how structured, reproducing life appeared on Earth from a batch of dead chemicals.

You find a marble in a box. Don't know how it got there. How big do you need to make the box before another marble just has to be in it?

There are unique things in the universe, as big as it is. Despite all the odds, there is only one Earth. And only one moon orbiting Earth. And there is only one you, and me. Turns out the universe is full of stuff that only happened once. So it's very possible (impossible to determine how probable) that life is an odd quirk, a weird fluke, a chance combination of chemicals and events that only ever happened here on Earth and nowhere else.

And if we ever do find life like we have here on Earth somewhere else, it's still possible it only ever happened twice.

edit on 5-2-2013 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

Well that's just plain wrong, nobody knows about previous to the 'Big bang theory' so nobody can/could forecast what happens after. The marble in a box thing is merely an assumptive preposition that is self fullfilling.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gort51
Actually, scientist have created early primordial sludge, the basis of life on Earth, in test experiments.
Amino acids, nutrients, lightening, gases = life.

Amino acids, nutrients, lightening, gases = primordial sludge, not life.

I also understand the majority of scientists agree that early life probably was seeded from meteorites etc, that have landed on Earth over the eons.

That is one theory [panspermia] which is by no means accepted as fact by the majority of scientists.

Also consider the HUGE variety of life on our planet, that is COMPLETELY Alien to Humans.
Jelly Fish...transparent water creatures living in water???, Crustaceans??? and millions of other creatures.

Any Humanoid space Alien would be more similar to us than our own Earth Cousins....

This makes a strong case against humanoid extraterrestrial life, since the preponderance of life on Earth is NOT.

There is currently no proof of the existence of extraterrestrial life, intelligent or otherwise, yet most of the scientific community believes that life within our own solar system might not be limited to Earth.

So lack of proof does not diminish the possibility... but possibility is not proof, nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by inj3ct0r
Of course Aliens exist.
Just because we cannot prove it does not mean that it does not exist.
If it was not proven that Gravity exists we would have thought that it does not exist.

Whether you're ok with calling bacteria or other microorganisms "aliens" is up to you, though.

edit on 5-2-2013 by inj3ct0r because: (no reason given)

Any living thing not from Earth is an Alien. Given time they could evolve in to complex creatures like us, we evolved from a single cell.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Do you know what amino acids are? They are the building blocks of life, they make up proteins. Stanley Miller created amino acids when he replicated the conditions of early Earth with hot water, gases and electricity. That's huge, it means that amino acids, the building blocks of life as we know if, could easily form on another planet. In fact we've found amino acids in meteorites much older than the Earth.
edit on 5-2-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Well then wouldn't it be simpler to win the lottery. Yet you never will win it.
edit on 5-2-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

Well then wouldn't it be simpler to win the lottery. Yet you never will win it.
edit on 5-2-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

Yet people win the lottery all the time. There's many times more planets than people on Earth. So by pure chance there's bound to be LOADS of planets with life, good point.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Do you know what amino acids are? They are the building blocks of life, they make up proteins. Stanley Miller created amino acids when he replicated the conditions of early Earth with hot water, gases and electricity. That's huge, it means that amino acids, the building blocks of life as we know if, could easily form on another planet. In fact we've found amino acids in meteorites much older than the Earth.

Thank you for the lesson, though I was already aware of this.

Again, amino acids are no more life than are the base elements from which they are made. It's the next step that has yet to be taken. The Miller-Urey experiment DID NOT create life.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Do you need me to prove that to you too?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

No we are proof of life in the universe.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Thank you for the lesson, though I was already aware of this.

Again, amino acids are no more life than are the base elements from which they are made. It's the next step that has yet to be taken. The Miller-Urey experiment DID NOT create life.

You're really underestimating what the outcome of that experiment means (which is why I assumed you didn't know).

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Thanks for the hefty amount of kindness in your response, I'm glad you like the pictures and thanks so much for the * n flag and I agree with how you can feel that way, and have taken into account the information you speak and it saddens me that you may very well be right about our lifetimeswhere we might not see the intelligent ones.
However, why are scientists views so important to you? What did said scientists do to make you a firm believer in what they say?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Providence1

Interesting rebuke, untrue however, don't be fooled by illusions of what proof is, it is much more likely that there are many extraterrestial worlds out there any way you look at it, just go look in the mirror and think about it, it will come to you.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Perhaps you should look in the mirror and repeat said post and tell me how silly you feel acting so high.

If you don't feel silly, seek help immediately.

If you do, that good, but I've lost all respect for you.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AlchemicalParadox

Who made you the referee?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I'm sorry if your views are different and you do not want to accept mine as proof, that is your business. But I desperately stress to you kind sir, that we are proof life is in the universe and well not extraterrestial to us we are to them out there.

When astronauts come back from the moon are they not alien in a sense, as they the moon home for number of days than returned?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join