It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on earth is living proof Extraterrestials exists.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Greetings, as many of you know life is precious, Earth is unique and we are not alone in this universe. How can the can people look up and think that we are all there is. There is many more like us and vastly different than us, just look in the mirror and ask yourself "What am I?"
The obvious answer is not always the correct answer. If everything was answered by the most obvious, there would be no need to seek answers as the answer is obvious. Additionally we would know more about the depths of our oceans than we do of outer space.
It's easy to say there is nothing else out there like us and there is no proof that we are not alone. But I ask you this, is it really that hard to open your mind to the facts that you cannot see?

Allow me to help those in dire need:

The Universe is immensely large and possibly infinite in volume. The region visible from Earth (the observable Universe) is a sphere with a radius of about 47 billion light years, based on where the expansion of space has taken the most distant objects observed. For comparison, the diameter of a typical galaxy is only 30,000 light-years, and the typical distance between two neighboring galaxies is only 3 million light-years. As an example, our Milky Way Galaxy is roughly 100,000 light years in diameter, and our nearest sister galaxy, the Andromeda Galaxy, is located roughly 2.5 million light years away. There are probably more than 100 billion (10^11) galaxies in the observable Universe. Typical galaxies range from dwarfs with as few as ten million (10^7) stars up to giants with one trillion (10^12) stars, all orbiting the galaxy's center of mass. A 2010 study by astronomers estimated that the observable Universe contains 300 sextillion (3×10^23) stars.

"Universe contains 300 sextillion (3×10^23) stars."
Interpret this phrase for a moment and ponder what that means. Now, I'm telling you your on 1 planet around 1 star that has numerous bodies, some with unresolved evidence of life was there previously or not.
So that makes 300 sextillion (probably still under exaggerated number) x ?????? might as well call it infinite.
So does it not seem plausible that you are living proof life develops here and elsewhere as well, I think it does and so should you.

Just view these articles for example

Link 1

Link 2

Here's a cool video if you were search of something neat but did not find it so far:

I hope you enjoyed the read whether you believe or not, keep it civil in the discussion and just because I did not give any substantial evidence in a pic form for those of you in the pics or it didn't happen crew, here is a pic of a puppy with a long face for your bleeding heart.

edit on 5-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Of course Aliens exist.
Just because we cannot prove it does not mean that it does not exist.
If it was not proven that Gravity exists we would have thought that it does not exist.

Whether you're ok with calling bacteria or other microorganisms "aliens" is up to you, though.

edit on 5-2-2013 by inj3ct0r because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I agree that there is life elsewhere in the universe. There has to be. If you were to consider the universe as being every beach on this planet, earth would just be one grain of sand. This can't be it.

I gave you a flag for the good thread, and a star for the puppy

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

Life is incredibly resilient. It will find places to prosper, for instance, look at the extremophiles that live in hydrothermal vents. I strongly believe that this universe is biophilic, not biophobic (even though the hostile and violent nature of the universe may shed doubt on that).

Given the immense vastness of the universe (there are approximately 10^22 to 10^24 stars in the universe, like you mentioned), it's likely that life, intelligent or not, exists on a number of planets. It's inexcusably anthropocentric to suggest that life happened to evolve on this little blueish-green speck in an ocean of stars. The chemicals that make up our body composition are abundantly spread throughout the universe, so all life needs is a planet/moon, time, and the correct conditions to harbor life.

If someone believes that life only evolved on Earth (advocates of the Rare Earth theory), then they're implying that life is an extremely rare event.
edit on 2/5/2013 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
In any environment that meets the minimum requirements, weeds with grow and bugs will munch on them.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I WANT there to be life elsewhere, but even though you come out with numbers that argue an almost definite chance of there being life, this is still not proof. Just stuff pointing to a very very very high probability. Once again though, I state, I really hope there is ET life

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

I thoroughly like your reply. I think the only rare thing that is implied by those people you speak of is that their way of thinking is rare.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I star your response simply because you rock, thanks man!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by inj3ct0r

Gravity is still actually just a theory. But yes, you make a very strong case with your response regardless.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

And intelligent enough entities will [snip]
edit on 5-2-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by greatfriendbadfoe

How do you say "*buzzer sound* wrong!"

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by beautyofperil
reply to post by greatfriendbadfoe

How do you say "*buzzer sound* wrong!"

Like this:....You're "WRONG!"

You (and others) seem to cling to a false premise that because WE can ask an important question, eg, is there life out there, that the answer MUST be "yes".

You can quote all the numbers and calculations you like until the cows come home, but there is still to this day NO PROOF.

WE are "living proof" of US, that is all. Your wishful thinking doesn't allow room for anything but possibilities, and I think too many people these days are gullible to a point that if it might exist then it must. Bad reality and right now, fantasy.

Sure, many people will pipe up and say they KNOW life out there exists or that they've been abducted or seen a UFO or aliens etc. Unfortunately the thing many people conveniently put aside is the fact that we ARE human and therefore we are fallible and not always honest.

When I can see it, touch it and know 100% for myself then I will believe. Until then, there IS no proof so stop with the delusions to feed the wishful thinking.

Life on Earth is only proof of stupidity. Just a ball of dirt hurtling through space with no destination and no purpose.
edit on 5/2/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

So have you seen that the world is round? But yet you believe that it is.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Is good evidence but not proof.

Is good evidence if one chooses to believe the scientific viewpoint,

Is probably better evidence if one chooses to believe a theological viewpoint.

Big difference between evidence and proof

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

No its proof.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

How so?

Please explain your logic?

Or I could play your childish game with line posts and we can fill your thread with you posting

"No its proof" then me posting "No its evidence"

Balls in your court

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

If you could just reread OP you would have your rebuke.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

So does it not seem plausible that you are living proof

Just quote that part to ask you seem like your not sure if you ask if its plausible about anything if its proof.

Its proof of what it is that humans inhabit planet earth, is not proof but opens a case of evidence for intelligent life to exist elsewhere, proof maybe in your view but not the shared realty we all share.

Your OP does not rebuke anything only strengthens the fact you brought up evidence not proof.

Do you think a UFO is an alien?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join