It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My teen daughter is suddenly asking questions...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Piper96

I am sure that others have said this, I am sorry I don't have time to read the thread.

"Mom, have you ever heard of the Illuminati?"

Lovely daughter, you know how at school some kids want to run things, sort of takeover and get everyone to do what they want? Some adults are like that too. They think they know better what everyone needs and they want to be the ones to "run it all". They are the ones at the top with the most power and money and really could care less about everyone.

Some people have names for these kinds of people, what do you call them at school?

Thats all its about sweetie. Not something to dwell on or worry about (at her age).

Wonderful she is asking questions. Thats when you should "clarify" these sorts of things to her. When she asks. Or the next day after you think about it.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
You might not see much of your daughter at first, but I promise if you make this one request of her, she will boomerang back into your life just like the daughter you've always known:

"Dear, sweet daughter, prove the Illuminati exists today."

Give her a couple of weeks. She'll be tired. Maybe even malnourished. But she'll return to rue the day she left.

Calling TPTB Illuminati is a misnomer, most people don't really mean the Bavarian Illuminati when using the name even though they may have been part of the network in the past, Illuminati is just a catch all term for the network of royal bloodlines, secret societies, corporations and institutions that make up the pyramid of control, the real behind the scene players are most likely completely unknown.

Edit...
So attacking the use of the name Illuminati is nothing more than a strawman unless the person using it really believes they're still around and on top of that pulling the strings.
edit on 4-2-2013 by TheLaughingGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
There's nothing unhealthy about wanting to know the truth!

Unless it isn't the truth.
Seems to me that in the last ten years Conspiracy theorists have basically white washed their points to the point of suffocation and disinformation. Many "experts" are only experts at taking away peoples money. Some of the stuff I come across is downright ridiculous. I wouldn't tell my kids what to believe but sure as hell wouldn't steer them in the direction of disinformation. These days it's all about $$$ and youtube views. Honestly I think the MSM is a lot more truthful these days than the alternative.
You guys have to figure out how not to believe EVERYTHING you read on the non msm sites. If you believe in certain stories then (imo) that's fine, but if you feel you have to believe EVERY conspiracy theory you have a problem that shouldn't be handed down.

edit on 4-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Konduit

wow, i never saw that one before, but it is riddled with symbolism, esp when shes in the triangle and the hand symbol around her eye. sure looked like the all seeing eye symbolism to me. and the pentagrams galore, and the "sacrifice" holy smokes!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
She's waking up. Don't sit down and try to guide or shut that off. Simply direct ways to be positive, not to react to what she feels, to touch base with inner self and core, meditate, find the reason she has come and do do the work she came to do as a lightworker, for that is true of all of us. So she's consciously aware, learning self control, to stand still and not react. Not let anger dictate her awakening, more compassion.

What she sees there is the truth. Don't put a shade over it.
edit on 4-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Thank you guys for all the posts so far... They are definitely helping me! She just got home from school a few minutes ago and I told her that after she finishes her homework I want to sit down and look into some stuff with her. Oh... And I gave her her computer back.
I will let you know how it goes afterwards.. Who knows, maybe she will teach me a few things I didn't know

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Piper96
Inj3ct0r
How old were you when you became interested in conspiracy theories?

you mean conspiracy facts, right?

there are plenty of facts. new or old.

why fall into the propaganda and discredit honest research with a label

designed to discredit the facts discovered & those who seek them?

you should encourage truth seeking.

its not always happy go lucky & presents some troubling revelations,

but the more the younger generation understands about propaganda

and government lies to better of we all will be in the future.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hates Disney, huh? I don't blame her. That company's got some skeletons in its closet.
Anyway, she's still a teenager. I went through some phases myself. I'm sure she'll get bored of it and move on to other things. Has she tried watching Jesse Ventura's conspiracy theory reruns on YouTube? Having that guy hosting and doing actual investigations might put some structure into her thought stream and add other things to chew on, not just some big mysterious group corrupting the media. Recommend the Bilderberg episode for her first viewing. That'll put a face on the monster at least.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
We talk about it ALL in my family openly.

Our son gets to hear one of us argue for 'there was no man on the moon' and the other arguing that "you're smart but I don't know HOW you buy into that crap."

We watch the news, Fox, Daily show, CNBC, Colbert, Russia Today, Al Jeezera, MSNBC - no one particular thing a day, but usually at least a couple of shows a day - often leave the tv on live congressional coverage in the background....

Our son is 17. He doesn't believe a lot of 'conspiracy crap' but he does know that some conspiracies are proven true in time. I'd say he's just got an open mind.

He's never been one to believe anything blindly though - I mean, from the age of 6 he'd question any authority that told him he had to do something. He was the master of WHY WHY WHY. I suppose some people think I should have beat him for it. I didn't. I did play the "Because I said so card" a good bit. I always said I wouldn't, but the mother's curse hit me. "I hope one day you have kids just like you!!!"

I don't think he has the genes for blind acceptance of authority or 'truth.' I don't think any of us do. He's got a high IQ. Would I want to disarm him of that?

What is this word "Paranoid???" No one would want to make their kids that, would they? I know the definition, that's not what I mean, I mean....
How is that being used TODAY?

In any case, I firmly believe that loving parents are the ones that best know their kids and what they can handle.
edit on 4-2-2013 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
"I figured this would be the best place to get ideas on how to deal with this "

lil secret i learned from my kids
was to ask them

asking advise from others stands in the way of this

be close to your kid and your kid will be close to you...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I say you bring your daughter into your realm of thought or she may resent you for it way down the line thinking why wouldn't she just tell me then?

Maybe even show her ATS to show the difference between crazy and well thought out conspiracy ideas

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

edit on 4-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Piper96
So I have been a member of ATS for a couple of years now. I enjoy reading about conspiracies, and on occasion, putting in my two-cents. However, I have NEVER shared anything regarding conspiracies with my kids. My belief in regards to that is, they only have one childhood and they should get to enjoy it. I didn't want to spoil their innocence with confusion and fear.
That said, my daughter recently turned 16. She's learning to drive, taking courses in high school that are preparing her for college, etc. she's DEFINITELY growing up. (I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad about that! LOL) But I still haven't shared any of my conspiracy theorist beliefs with her.
Last week she comes downstairs from her room and comes over to sit on the couch with me. "Mom, have you ever heard of the Illuminati?"
I about spit the coffee I was drinking everywhere! I asked her where she heard about that and she told me that one of her friends had her watch a video about it a few days before on YouTube. She told me that since then she had watched a few more and was now watching them with her best friend.
Now she HATES Disney, she is nit-picking at ALL the music she is listening to, and even stopped watching ABC, NBC, and CBS. I finally got her to watch the Super Bowl yesterday and then when Beyonce performed she freaked out, told me it was too full of Illuminati symbolism and she wouldn't watch it anymore and went to her room.
So now what do I do?? I mean I want to encourage her to ask questions. But I think her paranoia, especially at her age is SUPER unhealthy. She's always been a responsible, outgoing, incredibly happy kid. We have the most amazingly open line of communication of any mother/daughter I have ever seen and I know I'm really lucky, but I'm at a total loss with this.
I figured this would be the best place to get ideas on how to deal with this at this point...
So what do you all think?

lecture your daughter on perspectives. teach her that there are always 2 or more sides to a story and that she should investigate both sides and not just the one she is currently on before making a decision. when she gets the whole picture she can make a decision. but in the meantime, she is subject to whatever her friends tell her and the train of thought her friends are following when they lead her thru videos about the illuminati.

i would tell u there is nothing wrong with the symbolism. it's all from ancient times and can be found in history books on various cultures. looking at it from the source like this rather than just taking a subjective explanation can prove more stabilizing. alot of so-called illuminati/freemasonry style symbols are simply encoded versions of with an artist's depiction of the ancient symbols in his own way.

it is alot of research, but the symbols themselves are tied to reaching a higher than average human potential. inspiring and uplifting. well that's one side of the story

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by inj3ct0r

I'm interested as to why you included "Limitless". Why the movie Limitless?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
if she likes asking questions...

ask her

"what have you done to verify what illuminati symbolism is ?"

"is there any original source material out there that shows the illuminati survived beyond 1785 that could be used as a footnote in a work of non-ficton?"

long story short; when I came here, I was looking for info on the DIA. I had my mind blown by the NWO, the rothschilds, bohemian grove, it was unreal. I noticed many websites used the same quotes, but never gave an origin of the quote. then I started looking for independent corroboration of facts and quotes. it's weird, many "facts" have no footnotes, and many quotes have no original source.

encourage her to keep questioning, but to especially question what she is reading on the innerwebz

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Interesting post and replies. One thing that occurred to me is that if she is searching on the intranet for conspiracies, Illuminati, etc. (once you give her back her computer
- but she can certainly look online at her friends' homes) -- she may stumble upon ATS and even your thread. That concerns me, that she would recognize her story in your thread. That might be a bit jolting to a teen.

Fear is rampant in conspiracy theory "sites" - and so is anger, extremism, even downright crazy stuff. Talking with her as others have mentioned, showing her how to remain open and questioning, without accepting everything "alternative" blindly. And, not accepting everything mainstream blindly. Best of luck with your awakening child!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Dude, no matter how much you try to hide it from your kids, they know if you're a conspiracy nut or not. They're not as blind as you think they are.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Besides, it's in movies, commercials, tv shows, video games and everything else going on these days. Anybody that doesn't notice it definitely has their eyes closed.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartbreakerb
Dude, no matter how much you try to hide it from your kids, they know if you're a conspiracy nut or not. They're not as blind as you think they are.

the apple doesnt fall far from the tree lol

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
When I was a teenager, we didn't have access to the information kids have now. Who knows where she could have picked up this information - could have been researching on the internet, or perhaps it was brought up by a friend in school - or even in class. I think discussing her concerns with her openly and honestly is the best way to go here. And if she's really showing signs of extreme paranoia or mental illness, then look into professional help.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join