It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My teen daughter is suddenly asking questions...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Piper96
reply to post by Dustytoad

I'm not much older than you... I had my daughter when I was very young. I got married when I was 17 and we are still together, which trips people out a lot!! LOL... But I'm still learning too. I actually think being a young mom has helped me more than hurt me in most ways. Then again, I don't drink, so I'm not really a partier or anything like that, whereas a lot of young moms tend to fall into that trap. But I also think that's why I've tried to have my daughter hold onto her innocence. I was just a little older than her when I had her.
I REALLY hope it works to sit down and research this with her. I just don't want to make her MORE paranoid. That's my biggest fear with all this.
edit on 4-2-2013 by Piper96 because: (no reason given)

Totally offf topic.. but kudos to you. I love to hear these kinds of stories.

Im almost 50 and been with my husband forever... still doing fine. Even THAT trips people out. We had our first when I was in my mid/late 20's.. but I have to give kudos to those who make good decisions and stick it out.

As far as what youre saying about researching WITH her.. I like that idea. Its sort of what Im asking for in another thread.. and the very first post in the thread is trying to dissuade me from asking the questions in the first place! LOL! Imagine what our kids run into when asking questions of others to learn.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Piper96

Sounds to me like your doing a good job with your daughter ! Having one that is 21 now, I know this is no easy task, raising kids in this crazy world.

She is going through what many people do when "waking up" occurs in the beginning stages. In the beginning it is overwelming, and difficult to discern, lol, that's where you come in Mom.....

Not sure I agree with your taking away her computer, seems rather an extreme "punishment".....and I understand your not trying to punish her, however she may percieve it that way. Perhaps teaching her how to navigate through the mountains of information on the internet and watching some of the videos she has seen with her might be helpful?

I happen to agree with her about the half time show at the superbowl, it was inappropriate for a variety of reasons. My 15 yr old niece had a similiar reaction, and left the room, even my brother in law was uncomfortable watching such a "sexually" charged show in a family setting. The illumanati "symbolism" just added insult to injury IMO....

Defining "what and who" the illumanati even is, is difficult enough for adults, ATS has some very well written threads on this subject, maybe she is ready to read some with you? I think if it were my child I would approach the subject from more of a "history" perspective.......I don't think one can begin to comprehend "conspiracies" until they have an understanding of history, and how we got here......Good Luck !!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Wow... Your post was intriguing, to say the least.
I have to say that I think, just as the families behind the control aspect of the world... (Such as the illuminati...) all have related bloodlines and almost psychic connections (they all tend to "find" each other) I think those of us who are "awake" so to speak are the same way. It's something I've considered since my daughter came to me. I think some of our family members like to push it away due to society's ridicule... But it only makes sense to me. I don't know... Maybe it was just luck for me, but I have a husband who is just as "awake" as I am. Although he doesn't talk about it nearly as much as I do...and a lot of our friends are too. We have preparedness plans in case of SHTF scenarios, etc. I'm becoming more convinced though that we tend to be drawn together for a reason. Obviously for us, it is not for sinister reasons, but more to try and help to awaken society. I don't think those in power like that...
Onto the topic at hand though... the more I think about it and the more posts I read, the more convinced I am that researching and fact checking with my daughter is the right thing. I think the key to this is going to be in the approach that I use. I REALLY appreciate all the responses I've gotten so far. They have helped me a lot!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Piper96

I agree with that. We are sort of drawn together. A sort of "family" link on a broader scale than we can really appreciate is very real. Every family has a little of everything. In the end it is what it is and the bond is there for a reason. Good luck in any event. I hope you can guide your daughter well. Things tend to work themselves out.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You might not see much of your daughter at first, but I promise if you make this one request of her, she will boomerang back into your life just like the daughter you've always known:

"Dear, sweet daughter, prove the Illuminati exists today."

Give her a couple of weeks. She'll be tired. Maybe even malnourished. But she'll return to rue the day she left.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Congratulations on having a bright daughter that is apparently capable of critical thinking and rational thought.

My girls are all grown now. My youngest will be 20 in June and is a junior in college. My oldest is 26 and is an EMT, married and I just recently became a "grandpa" at 47....nice and scary...My middle child is married and studying linguistics and is working on her masters degree...she'll be 24 soon.

They are all very smart and observant ladies. They see the junk being pumped into people's heads via the television and media and they ask a lot of questions too. My youngest, at no prompting of mine, came to me during the election and asked me what I thought of Ron Paul. I asked her why she wanted to know and she said "well he has a few weird ideas but all in all he seems to be the smartest guy running"...I was sooo proud of her! I then introduced her t Libertarian Gary Johnson and I think I have found another dyed in the wool Libertarian...and that makes me happy. I do not and will not impose my world views on my girls. I share with them if they ask and only if they ask.

Your daughter may have picked up on the "Illuminati" from internet speak or such but I think overall, it is a positive sign of an inquisitive mind. If you do not ask questions...well...you are part of this...

Again, congrats on having a child that is a thinker and a curious mind...that is always good....if we can teach our children nothing else...let's teach them to "question everything"....the only stupid question is the one that is not asked...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It's a good thing she is asking questions. More kids need to. Kids are supposed to test the world around them, but lately I feel as though children are just becoming numb, without empathy, uncaring bout the world.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Piper96

So now what do I do?? I mean I want to encourage her to ask questions. But I think her paranoia, especially at her age is SUPER unhealthy.

There's nothing unhealthy about wanting to know the truth!
What's really unhealthy is our society and our government...

Once an individual learns the truth about 'The Matrix' it's very hard for those with an inner calling to wisdom to go back to sleep.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

reply to post by freedomSlave

I only took her computer away temporarily to give her a break from watching those videos. It almost became an obsession for her, and I just thought a few days of cooling off and doing things with her friends for the weekend would help.
As far as Santa goes, she actually told me she already kinda knew. She's always been a little bit wiser beyond her years. Lol

I have to tell a funny story about my daughter and Santa Claus. When she first started really reading (1st grade), she asked me why was it all her Xmas presents said "made in China" on them if they were supposed to be made in Santa's workshop at the North Pole? Observant 6-year-old.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

I only took her computer away temporarily to give her a break from watching those videos. It almost became an obsession for her, and I just thought a few days of cooling off and doing things with her friends for the weekend would help.
As far as Santa goes, she actually told me she already kinda knew. She's always been a little bit wiser beyond her years. Lol

I have to tell a funny story about my daughter and Santa Claus. When she first started really reading (1st grade), she asked me why was it all her Xmas presents said "made in China" on them if they were supposed to be made in Santa's workshop at the North Pole? Observant 6-year-old.

That's so funny!!! I actually chuckled out loud and my 4 year-old looked at me like I was losing my mind...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Hahaha.. Omg me too. When I was 4 I made up a whole story of how it was possible. Santa had to fly in the opposite direction the earth spun, and then he could get everywhere faster with magic.. Hahahaha...

Why is it called X mas?

Kids ask the best questions. It's like we forget that being alive is crazy.. This whole thing is such a trip. It confuses me that more people don't ask these questions.. HOW? Why?

Haha, Being alive, ans asking questions is amazing..

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Piper96

ATS, media, pop culture conspiracies etc. are great for entertainment and opening up your mind to other modes of thinking but there is a dark side; most never have the guts to pursue.

The occult is real and is more influential in our everyday lives than we can even imagine. The obvious images are just set decoration, props and teasers for something much more sinister, evil and very, very real!

edit on 4-2-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Piper96

I told my son about a few things because he overheard conversations I was having with other adults and asked. I'm not going to hide my opinions of things from him and I tell him he should always question what people tell him regardless of where it comes from. I think any kid growing up in this world should be taught to think for themself and not be so quick to follow what everyone else is doing. If I had to offer advice to her, I would say to NOT stop watching the news or things like the halftime show. You can watch the game without having to play it. Ignoring the game, though, is much worse. Study your opponent at all times even if you don't like what you see. As for the music, she's probably better off not listening to the crap on the radio now days

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Your daughter has a point they kept making sure when the audience member threw up the "roc" triangle which is a supposed illuminati symbol they kept getting it perfect in the frame.
edit on 4-2-2013 by dirtybird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
My daughter started talking about the Illuminati in the 4th grade. She had heard it talked about at school among her friends. She also holds a love/hate relationship with Disney. What I told her is this: There are such a thing as conspiracies and it is within human nature to conspire. However, when looking at conspiracy theory, it's both important to keep an open mind but not leave it so open that one's mind falls out. One has to look at the evidence critically. Are the stars that she cites as having Illuminati symbolism in their videos going ahead and being "mouth pieces" of the so-called Illuminati or are they doing it to make their video get talked about more as being somehow controversial? Or is a tongue in cheek response to Illuminati accusations or even an attempt to tap into a popular meme? That sort of thing. If there are explicable alternatives to the presence of something within a piece of media, those things need to be considered and weighed, too.

Personally, I severely doubt that much of what is on Youtube and the internet has very much validity. If that were the case, then you would see more things getting shut down. Case in point: Wikileaks.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dirtybird

Yes, I also noticed that quite a bit

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Piper96

Only thing you can do is bring her to ATS. I think that's about the time I started googling stuff and actually, liked the Illuminati, but ended up finding ATS because of my cousin. I'm 19. And my parents didn't do enough steps, in my eyes, to prevent any kind of bias for me. So I had to do it for myself. And ATS, made me who I am today.

I say it's a phase, but it could be unhealthy, unless you just speak to her from your heart, something my parents did. I know all kids are different, but having kids isn't an easy thing, I know that I wasn't the easiest, but I was in a small town, and regardless of reasons, I'm a better person.

Put your faith in God, and ask him to help. He's helped me so much in the last couple years, it blows my mind. You might also need to explain to her intent over being able to be brainwashed by the illuminati, She can watch football, but Like in my case, If I hear a song I don't like, I sing the words to it because I just know them, but I'll change the words, to build my strength for my consciousness. Like " I'm a tough, nukkah, Im a bad nukkah." to "Don't tread on me, brother, you have no strength, brother" (Song I just thought of, And what I would say right now)((George Orwells 1984, brother) Have her vent to you. And be an ear for your daughter, because it seems like she's hers for her own goals. And I think she needs to look into a science a bit, she might like it.

When I was 16, I was a Junior in High School, but usually, she's gonna be a sophomore, I did a lot of soul searching my junior year, and it's still going on, because youre never done.

These are my thoughts if you choose to use them, or change them into your words. I don't like the way the youth is, today. There are juniors in my town, who don't know if a turkey is a bad, so Your daughter just has a lot of potential. I will pray for you and her, and I hope she hops on here and free's her mind from MSM. I mean, it makes me so mad, still, that I turn off the news. But I'll still read the articles and such, watch the tv channels.

Again, good luck, Teens are Vicious. Just be as empathetic and understanding, and she can't rebel from you, and she will open an ear to your opinions. Which what I think you were saying your problem is; she wouldn't listen to you. Just my two scents, but I digress.

have faith.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Piper96

This is pretty darn amazing if you really think about what she's doing.

And is it paranoia if it's truer than the alternative?

edit on 4-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Her friends probably seen this video.

It's actually caused some of the younger generation to start asking questions about why this stuff is really in the mainstream and who comes up with it.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
If you willingly watched the Superbowl and didn't see the Illuminati symbolism everywhere,your daughter is a heckuva lot smarter than you.

The more kids wake up young, the better. Haven't we been lied to as a population long enough?

You can't control the length of her 'childhood'. She's effectively ended that herself; she's awake, mom.

Look at it this way: She's now not going to join the Army and become cannon fodder, only to return a shattered soul.

She's going to go out into the world actually knowing a tiny bit of how it really works. She'll be able to make career and social decisions based on the truth as best she can figure it out, not based on some 2000 year old book's lies, or the government's endless lies, or the MSM's craven lies.

Good on her. Some people are puzzle solvers, that's why she's so obsessed with it right now. She's discovered a very big puzzle. The non-puzzle solvers are very difficult to discern from sheep.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join