It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My teen daughter is suddenly asking questions...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
My oldest is in college at the moment and the Illuminati ( plus a bunch of other CT stuff) is discussed a lot. Mainly the illuminati due to the music business and the discussion concerning it. As we all know its easy to fall down the hole when you look ino the Illuminati info online. I dont think its unhealthy in particular. We didnt have the internet when I was a kid, but a lot of folks started exploring anti govt ideas, alternate religions, and alternate health.... 60's/70's. It natural for your daughter to be curious and with the overload of information out there, I guess my suggestion is, guide her in critical thought and information gathering so she isnt taken in by incorrect info.

My 14 yr old was eavesdropping when I was listening to ATS, as listening, and it started a great dialog between us. It doesnt have to be a scary thing where you take her computer away... it can be an opportunity to pull together and explore with her.. while teaching her solid research methds and etc.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I reccomend getting her far away from these things. Let children be children once the magic of life is gone there is little but conspiracy and conspiracy will destroy the little magic that is left in life. Since I have found this site my veiw of the world has dramatically changed I trust no one or nothing as now any event can have multiple agendas behind it. I knew for many years there was a curtain between reality and what we see I sometimes wish I never looked beyond the curtain as ignorance was bliss however dangerous.

Since coming here I find myself in the dangerous thought that revolution may be necessary to give my future children the life I feel they deserve. Before coming here the world wasent great but it was liveable and seemed that it was live and let live. I cant imagine these realisations and their effects on some one still mentally developing.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
My 15yr old asked me about the Illuminati recently too,she was referring to a Katie Perry song.First time she's asked,but she's heard the word often, the hubby and i talk about the subject sometimes.So she has an idea what it means,but i told to always ask us,if there's something specific she wants to find out.Fancy that, Katie Perry being the one to get her interested.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by Piper96

You have to go through that opening darkness phase, in order to get out into the light.. She's waking up, and the timing sounds bad, but I think it's perfect timing.. Make sure she is still focused on her own future, and not the illuminati's future ok? As long as she is living her life to the best she can, she is going against their plans.

The Beyonce half time was very illuminati.
Hindu God, Egyptian Goddess, Lucifer worship, but that's not a bad thing is it? Or is it? ....Is it? I don't know, that's for everyone to decide on their own.

You could ask her what is bad about illumination?

I think you should be open and welcoming to her, because you need to show her that even with this kind of info you can and SHOULD live a normal life.

Maybe show her this video:

Tupac explaining Kill illuminati, Killuminati
That video may not be suitable to 16 year olds. You can search "Tupac killuminati interview" for a shorter version, but this version has more context, if you listen first to make sure it's ok to show her.

"The illuminati is just another way to keep your self esteem low. It's just another way to keep you in fear. That's why I put a K to it. I'm killin' that shiz."

She needs to grow into self responsibility, and not give up her power to any outside force or excuse like illuminati. If you hide this from her that's exactly what she will do. teach her that her power has WAY more influence on her own life than the powers that suck could ever have..

This is HER world. What does SHE want?

edit on 2/4/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

So weird you bring up Tupac... His murder is one of the things she talks about all the time.

It sounds like most here think I should embrace her curiosity and research it with her... I think I was just trying to have her hold on to her innocence a little longer. Maybe that was backfiring.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Piper96

So weird you bring up Tupac... His murder is one of the things she talks about all the time.

It sounds like most here think I should embrace her curiosity and research it with her... I think I was just trying to have her hold on to her innocence a little longer. Maybe that was backfiring.

Tupac is one of my heroes, up there with John Lennon..

Yes to the backfiring aspect. I went down very dark paths because my parents wouldn't openly talk with me. If the world is against me, and the school is against me, who is on my team? To top it off my parents won't help?!?

I miss my childhood.. I was always too smart.. People trying to hide things from me, made me smarter and even less a child.. Made it seem like I had no safe place to come back to. Made me turn to mind altering chemicals like alcohol..

You are her best source of information. Her best source for Love. You should keep it that way.

I'm glad you came to ATS with this. It's one of the main conspiracies in my mind (not illumiati, but FEAR).. Information dispels fear. Let the information flow, but this will take work on your part to follow up on anything she says, with real info..

Gotta be a guide..

I'm not yet 30 and have no kids... Yet... So I hope I don't sound like I think I know more than anyone else. I don't. These are just my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Some kids are 'ready' before others; but, my rule always was ... if they ask, they are ready for an answer. The trick is to answer only the question without extending the answer into sidelines.

Wiki has an Illuminati page ... let her read that.

Also, have her Google or search "Illuminati + Bavaria" or use AND in caps instead of the + sign.

Then, after that, let her know if she has any questions, feel free to ask.

Just answer the question, that's it, nothing more.

edit on 4/2/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I'm not much older than you... I had my daughter when I was very young. I got married when I was 17 and we are still together, which trips people out a lot!! LOL... But I'm still learning too. I actually think being a young mom has helped me more than hurt me in most ways. Then again, I don't drink, so I'm not really a partier or anything like that, whereas a lot of young moms tend to fall into that trap. But I also think that's why I've tried to have my daughter hold onto her innocence. I was just a little older than her when I had her.
I REALLY hope it works to sit down and research this with her. I just don't want to make her MORE paranoid. That's my biggest fear with all this.
edit on 4-2-2013 by Piper96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by oasisjack
I reccomend getting her far away from these things. Let children be children once the magic of life is gone there is little but conspiracy and conspiracy will destroy the little magic that is left in life.

Awakening to the madness of the world and all the conspiracies is one thing, and it may be debilitating for a period but in my opinion it is far better to explore the darkness in the world and the darkness inside of us than to deny or ignore the reality of the situation, if she keeps pushing she might have a spiritual awakening, and that can turn a dreary, nihilistic and materialistic world into a world full of magic and wonder.

That said, she might still be a little too young for all of this, but in the end it's her life and she'll do what she wants to do.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Piper96

As much as we would like to shield our children from the harsh realities of the world, we can't. I think that sheltering them is a bad idea; we should be preparing them. The world is a different place than when we were kids with a whole new set of realities that we, as adults, might not be able to relate to.

Your daughter is at the age where she is trying to find herself; beginning to assert her identity and place in the world.

I know, as a mother, that we look at our children and see the tiny baby we brought home from the hospital, but, at a certain point, we have to learn to let go and let them evolve into their own individuals while still providing boundaries, structure and guidance. At 16, she is not a baby anymore.

Try to find a balance that encourages her to continue questioning the world while also keeping her as grounded as possible.

Like I said before, I think its great that she is bringing these questions to you. I know many teens these days that barely speak to their parents. You have obviously done something right!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
there is nothing unhealthy about seeing...

it's unhealthy not to see, and not to want to learn.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
there is nothing unhealthy about seeing...

it's unhealthy not to see, and not to want to learn.

Curiosity didn't kill the cat.. In fact my cat, talks with at least 10 different sounds, with lots of different inflections in the sounds..

Curiosity Grows Humanity.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Piper96

Now she HATES Disney, she is nit-picking at ALL the music she is listening to, and even stopped watching ABC, NBC, and CBS. I finally got her to watch the Super Bowl yesterday and then when Beyonce performed she freaked out, told me it was too full of Illuminati symbolism and she wouldn't watch it anymore and went to her room.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
My kid HATES anything conspiracy.

I have to erase all of my net history so he doesn't see it in the browser or he snickers and makes fun of me later in the day LOL

He calls it 'my crazy peeps' sites and often truly gets angry with me, lol

too bad, so sad, I pay for the roof here.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

I hadn't noticed this post by evil santa.. Post by: evilsanta

That video is Amazing in many ways.. One of those ways like evil santa was saying is that conspiracies are enticing.. The way they go over moon hoaxes actually helped me more than ANY other thing in forming my new ideas on humanity..

The Way Joe Rogan lets people tell their story, and the intelligence of Neil Degrass Tyson... WOW...

Amazing interview.. Probably in my Top 10 interviews of everything I have seen. The depth they go to, and then the amount of topics and mindsets they cover... Haha.. Amazing.

It is the PERFECT example.. The information through video and sound that entered my mind made me LOSE fear that the moon landing was faked.. It's because they explored it rather than dismissing it that I can trust it.. I can't trust people hiding subjects, and dismissing them..

I respect Joe for asking all the questions and I respect Neil for giving pretty good answers without getting caty.

I bet this 16 year old girl would like to watch this. It may inspire her to focus her conspiracies on the physics of the universe and Black hole singularities rather than "evil cops" and Mind Control..

The best mind control is making up your own Mind.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by Piper96

I love it!!!!!
What's funny is, I totally agree with her, I just don't want her to stop enjoying life completely... And we used to totally enjoy ourselves some Two Broke Girls on Monday nights together... That show is HILARIOUS!! And we will never be able to avoid all the symbolism altogether...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Keep it real and be as honest as you can in as few words as you can and listen to her and her questions.

Rebellion happens, it is good that it is not directed at you and that you guys are comfortable just hanging out and talking. This kind of reminds me of my younger days when friends would show up with taboo stuff like Ouija boards or tarot cards to introduce me to the unseen side of life.

The internet changed everything in a teens life, they know so much more than any of us ever did and this will continue.

It it going to be alright.

Did you watch the videos she did? That is a good starting point for discussion.

edit on 4-2-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The kids these days seem to be having the oddest phases.

But if shes flipping out about mere displays of symbolism then she knows just enough to be afraid of it, and that's bad.

You wont want her to worship them with fear, that's their thing, being occultists and they want to get off on being the mysterious and ominous and really ignorance feeds this.

Symbols are symbols. their not the Illuminatis' solely because they use them there is a deep subconscious history to every sacred geometric design and if shes prescribing to an ignorant attitude that if its being displayed on the superbowl to do some sorta black magic hoobajoob thats ment to terrorize her all she will be is a victim.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Unfortunately, many kids are coming up with the same theories - that the news isn't worth watching because of non stop lies and propoganda, and that big events aren't worth watching because they're full of symbolism and other rites.

They get this from being over exposed to conspiracy theories online.

I would remind your daughter that most of the conspiracy theories are propoganda just as much as the news is, but that if she would like to research some conspiracy theories of her own, to stop listening to the likes of Alex Jones, and encourage her to research some topics herself and come up with her own conclusions.

She will probably find out in research that most news stories are actually that - just news stories, that most conspiracy theories are rubbish based on flimsy easily refuted evidence, and that real conspiracy theories are out there without having to bend facts.

I'd point her in the direction of "David Kelly" (if you don't know who he is, you REALLY should look up his name combined with "Iraq Weapons Inspections", the rumbling noises being heard all over the world coming from the ground, the mass animal die offs, and the out of time artifacts being covered up by the archealogical community as starting points for true conspiracy theories that really aren't discussed much by the likes or Mr Jones.

Personally, I was about 12 when a great aunt gave me a book about conspiracy theories for my birthday, and told me "you really need to know about these things". Now, I normally wouldn't take notice, but she "did something for the Government" during World War 2 at Bletchley Park that is under a "forever" publication ban under UK official secrets act and apparently knew Alan Turing personally,

The book? It was called "Above Top Secret".
edit on 4-2-2013 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2013 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Huggiesunrise

The fear of the unknown is how their energy is gathered..

Learning more and more only serves to weaken their hold..

An informed responsible humanity is being born.. It will take time, but..

I'm so hopeful these days.
I'm lovin' it..

Anyone notice the symbol I stole?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Piper96

Well,

I have thought about this for some time. The time will come eventually for many of our kids. With each passing generation this will become self evident. The illusion of control and power that is pulled over our collective eyes like a veil. It is all starting to come undone.

You can either lay it all out as you see it, which will undoubtedly have holes in the story from the very nature of the misinformation that entails its environment. That will confuse her more.

What I suggest is to invite her to the greatest form of defiance. LIVE YOUR LIFE. Tell her that even with all this stuff, life goes on. Point out that nothing lasts for ever and all things have a beginning and an end.

Tell her that the goal of all this stuff is aimed at changing her mind and molding it into a prepackaged and manageable form.

The quest to end all personal criteria. Make her focus on flying under the radar. These people fear the knowing of the nature of their world by clear minds not weighted down by fear and confusion.

That the little things are what empower us. The world is no prize for any man. That it is a failed enterprise to hunt for its complete dominion and so it it is already a lost venture. In the mean time the world will need pure hearts to continue once that house of cards falls.

Tell her not to even talk about it with others really. That it is all a personal quest. Truth is learned on a personal level and is meant to compliment life, not define it. That is what life does for truth. Define it. Tell her that her life is her masterpiece and she should live it to be happy and full. The rest really does fall into place on its own.

I also would warn her from being "all about" conspiracies. It leads to dangerous people who will toy with her to have an advantage. When and IF she is ready they will gravitate towards her and she will be an instrument of the grand orchestra of life.

I live in what could be called a safe zone for a SHTF scenario. Kind of why I moved here. Needless to say there is a certain element to this place that cant be avoided. All the wrong sort of people would be ready to survive a bad situation. I dont know why, I didn't know it at the time when I moved here, but I am in the heart of the beast sort to speak. I come across some very "strange" people. The sort of people we are talking about. This is like vacation house C to them.

Today a usual customer comes in who always feigns an interest in gossip magazines and BS culture always chats me up while she eats. Today she changed it up, and ATSéd me. EVERY conspiracy was mentioned and talked in depth by us. She was feeling me out, and I her. Our "cover" appearances gone. It turns out she is an economics major....knows EVERYTHING about the occult and the power play of the current world.

Maybe she was well informed....BUT I doubt it.No, I am certain it wasnt just that. She also included all the BS cover stories and went on a rant about Zionism, and made key mistakes that convinced me she was probably related to a Rothschild. She looked related to them. Old families. Later a few more curios people came by and sure enough, My "what ever sense was tingling". People tend to be honest when they lie. If you "listen" closely they will tell you everything there is to see.

I should have continued down the path of playing dumb. Not now but since I started out down this rabbit hole. Maybe its destiny. I dont know. Either way they know I know. And I am pretty clear about it. It is a precarious situation. I know people will say its in my head, but no. I am pretty smart and I am an excellent judge of people and situations. The odds of it all coming together the way it has are astronomical.

I think I have a live let live thing going on for the time being. I really dont care either way. I am simply honest with my life. I say what I feel when I feel it, but my life and my mind are my main concern. If I had been a little more confused like I was in my teens and more angry, vile and radical, I would probably not be here for the level of insults I can let fly. I am very critical of the state of power in the world. I would do it entirely differently. That is me....

Anyways, I try not to focus on it. Being involved in the personal quest for keeping my light has brought me close to dedicating my life towards a sort of war. It has also brought me very close to dark places. In the end I always bounce back because I am true to my core.

I will probably get myself killed one day. I am fine with that. maybe someone I love will be taken from me. I have considered it all but I am not going to go crazy about it.

I have come to a realization that you can communicate to your daughter if you wish.

In the end this has all happened before and yet here we are. It is destiny by our hand or fate by "gods" but in the end, life goes on. Life goes on...

Sorry if I went on a tangent. I usually dont talk about my personal experiences. I just felt kind of tired of the BS today after the cat and mouse conversation by my customer and your plight struck home for me. I have been through too many of them. I would much rather speak frankly at this point. Maybe you should with your daughter. I feel like it is a broken record at this point. I am fine with the world. It is like it is not a conspiracy anymore. I have seen something at the end of the tunnel that calms me and reassures me. I am honestly keeping my light. I am not perfect, but I know better than to try to be. In a way I feel sorry for them. They have taught me allot, and now I really do see beyond their "vision".

I am beyond judging them. I am beyond justice. I am seeing something coming that makes it all make sense. I can try to explain it but I know it would come short.

The good news in a nut shell, is life goes on.

I know I just sounded like a madman, but I dont care. Like I said I would rather start talking candidly, I really dont care anymore. No one should. Move on, past it all. There is so much more after this. Take the first step. That is done with your heart. You will be ok. There is nothing that can be done. That is true for them as well.

EDIT:
Tell her to never let them see you coming. Always keep a deck of aces up your sleeve. Let them judge, see you as unworthy. It reveals all there is to see about them. Also they are not all bad. Some are kick ass...They are just as human as us, something that escapes them sometimes I think.

edit on 4-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join