It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something just flew overhead.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me what satellite took a northeasterly direction flight path over the earth just now? I have video from a 8mp camera. but ill refrain from posting it for now as it's nothing unusual in terms of other ufo videos which show a star moving. however, im ruling out all in-atmosphere flight vehicles as this was obviously and simply way too high to be anything in our atmosphere.

ive seen multiple of these before in movement and also moving in curves, swirls and S'es seeming to meander around stars in the sky etc. this one went from moving in a NNE direction to later on moving in a ENE direction to escape over the horizon at a much faster speed.

I know ur going to demand the video but before i post it.. did any satellite fly overhead the caribbean regions today? ive looked at the ISS flight path for today and it's been nowhere near this region.

I see these stars in the sky moving very regularly.
edit on 3-2-2013 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

Video added:

there is lens flare coming from the house light just focus on the movement of the star at centre screen.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

I don't need to see the video.

I've seen them too. At first I thought it was the sun shining on a satellite, but then there was another one following it. Seeing as I know nothing of satellites I just chalked it up to two of them on the same path. But then they changed direction! It seemed as though one was chasing the other. These were heading west and turned north.

I don't know if satellites can change direction like that.
edit on 2/3/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

ISS was moving NE over U.S. not long before your post.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Here I don't have time to track it...www.heavens-above.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by 0mage

ISS was moving NE over U.S. not long before your post.

would that be directly overhead the US? or visible from within the US. and which direction would one face to see it coming from the south from say.. florida?

if u have a diagram of the iss flight path ur referring to would be great. the one ive found doesnt place it anywhere near the scene of the crime lol.

video is damn clear for 8mp. im shocked. wish id used my Night vision camera.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

www.wolframalpha.com...

I just enter "iss position".

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

reply to post by 0mage

www.wolframalpha.com...

I just enter "iss position".

i used this site.. nowhere near.. here's a diagram of the flight path by my estimate of where it would be directly overhead. and i am talking hiigghh!
www.isstracker.com...

it exitted out into space travelling ENE. video uploading..

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
video posted. sorry it's not rotated dont have a video editor on hand. did my best to keep the cam still while recording.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

Why over Africa? Wolfram showed it crossing Mexico to the gulf to Florida then up the East Coast.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

reply to post by 0mage

Why over Africa? Wolfram showed it crossing Mexico to the gulf to Florida then up the East Coast.

the red line in the diagram is the path of what i saw. that means.. this wasnt the ISS. do we have any other satellite candidates?

what i saw was already across the gulf of mexico on the eastern side. camera is facing due east in south american region.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I don't have an answer for what it is.

However, it seems to be way too slow to be a satellite to me.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
yeah this was one of the slower ones.. but it picked up pace about double or triple speed when it changed course due ENE and basically just faded off into the night sky. suggesting to me that it exitted into space since i could basically see it fading before my eyes without moving from the last position above the horizon.

basically it seemed to exit in the direct line of sight that the camera was facing it when i changed position to catch it's ENE flight behind that house.and it was very high. who knows how fast it was really travelling in miles per second.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
video rotated thanks to utube's surprise video editor lol

it seems that our commentors are at a loss for comments on this. more video will come soon im sure, as this isnt rare in the least to me. hopefully ill catch some of the fancier ones.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
You're safe to say it is a UFO at this stage.

No, not that it is of "extra-terrestrial" origins, just plain and simple "unidentified flying object".

Peace

edit on 3-2-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Though saying it is or isn't of ET origin is mere speculation unless it interacted. Did it?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Though saying it is or isn't of ET origin is mere speculation unless it interacted. Did it?

depends on how u view it's choice to fade out in direct line of sight of the camera path. and how many different times it did that while im looking in different directions and time of night. it feels like "i see u looking, now watch me sneakily disappear before your eyes" LOL

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

How would he know? He thinks what he recorded was over Africa.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

He would know if he thought it interacted, but if he was just sticking with examining flight paths, he wouldn't share. Sometimes you see something way up there and sometimes it demonstrates its responding to you. When that happens most people have a clue.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

depends on how u view it's choice to fade out in direct line of sight of the camera path. and how many different times it did that while im looking in different directions and time of night. it feels like "i see u looking, now watch me sneakily disappear before your eyes" LOL

So you know then, no need to tell you. When its very subtle, you'll always be second guessing however, wondering if it was just coincidence. Maybe you'll have another sighting, if you open your mind.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

So you know then, no need to tell you. When its very subtle, you'll always be second guessing however, wondering if it was just coincidence. Maybe you'll have another sighting, if you open your mind.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

there's no maybe about it. its rather if i have my camera and am able to record. u can say i see these basically every day.. lol

i suppose ill add more video to this thread as i catch them and attempt to debunk them in the coming future. pretty sure most of ats is asleep so ill join them and look forward to possible explanations tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join