It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost History

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Anyone care for spending some time on a rewarding study......Compare the Hunahpu monkey twin of the Popol Vuh with the Indian monkey god Hanuman. Enjoy.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

I've corrected my errors in different posts especially that link I've screwed up on numerous accounts (I have a habit of staying up for days at a time, especially due to my job and sometimes just am too groggy and impatient with many things.)

I don't buy into mainstream ideas more often than not, to each their own I believe, however I'm sure you are right in more ways than one as I already have done as you say.

Thank you for your courteous reply and respectful understanding.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
no worries at all

re lost history, this has bought some other stuff out the dark recesses of my memory, you may have heard about it already but it fits alongside your topic, though not along quite the same the lines of mysterious ancient origins being covered up, but i'll go into it as you may find it interesting..
i'm not sure where i read this, maybe in joseph campbell's "masks of god", though they are in my loft so i couldnt check at the mo.
anyway, it's from a comparitive mythology POV about myths being in part used as a means to encode/record historical events via not so complex symbolic language..
an example being the greek myth of perseus slaying medusa.
his theory was that perseus with his sharp sword and winged sandals from hermes (iirc) represented the new incoming tribes to greece with a more advanced bronze age cuture (sharp sword) and horses (winged sandals) - maybe about the 2.5k bce mark, i'm not so great on greece..
the medusa, with her snakes for hair represented the previously dominant culture who tended towards goddess worship (obvs represented by the snake) and a matrilinear system.
his slaying of her represented their invasion and conquering of the previous occupants of the land.
obvs more wisdom/layers/secrets would be encoded but thats the bare bones.

lol, i actually blew my six year old son's brain with this a couple of nights ago just after his bed time story
bad dad!
edit on 7-2-2013 by skalla because: ccc-clarity

edit on 7-2-2013 by skalla because: bloody spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by beautyofperil
reply to post by Harte

But all the exact same thing is being said about your material now and I have at least put forth information in support of my "theory" and why I believe it to be true, (and evidence is destroyed anyways so what is the point?) and not once have I claimed it to be entirely true, only that I tried to prove it.
You have done diddily squat in an attempt to prove your standing other than post some biased links and claim yours to be entirely true. WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE YOURS, WHY SHOULD I TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT? WHAT MAKES YOUR WEBSITE SO DIFFERENT?

So, you didn't go to my links.

The links I posted were to the Popol Vuh itself, one on a website, the other in pdf format. They included no commentary whatsoever on the book itself, yet you claim they are "biased?"

In order for you to make this claim, you will have had to have read the Popol Vuh yourself. So, in what way did the book you read differ from the two copies I linked you to?

The answer - there simply aren't different versions of the Spanish-language Popol Vuh out there, so you've never read it, yet you claim that the two I linked you to are "biased."

Obviously, it's impossible that crystalinks is biased, right?

This is the book that your source claims contained the quote you posted.

Will you ever try to find out if the Popol Vuh actually contains those words?

I mean, the thing was written in Spanish. It's not like there's some question about the translation of Spanish.

Search both copies of the Popol Vuh I so happily provided you with, or admit that you merely quoted some woo heads at Crystalinks, and not from the Popol Vuh.

Again, what you did was for the purpose of propagating a lie. It cannot be considered in any other way, now, since you have the Popol Vuh right in your hands (figuratively) but try to pretend that a picture from the text, which is all Crystalinks contains, is a source, while the actual work itself is not.

Harte

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

No I did not they did not interest me nor was this thread actually about the popol voh.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

No I did not they did not interest me nor was this thread actually about the popol voh.

Yet it was you that tried to use a fake quote from that text to support your false claim. I merely responded to your post, I didn't bring the Popol Vuh into this.

Harte

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

No I tried to prove that aliens were part of our history due to Christian domination who would burn such evidence of that being in the Popol Vuh. And than have the account rewritten to fit their history. But it was lost so even if the quote I used is fake as you suggest it was what I was trying to prove was lost. Who are you to tell me what my thread about. I swear you think your so smart and know so much but you cannot even under two words "Lost History."
edit on 8-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

No I tried to prove that aliens were part of our history due to Christian domination who would burn such evidence of that being in the Popol Vuh.

The Popol Vuh didn't exist before the Spanish Conquest.

Lord, you'd think that people would take at least the tiniest peek at what is known about their own sources!

And than have the account rewritten to fit their history. But it was lost so even if the quote I used is fake as you suggest it was what I was trying to prove was lost. Who are you to tell me what my thread about. I swear you think your so smart and know so much but you cannot even under two words "Lost History."

Where did I try to tell you anything concerning "what this thread is about?"

I called you out on a falsehood that you posted as if it were true. That's all.

Regarding your claim about a "rewritten" version of the Popol Vuh, that's is perfectly ridiculous since nobody could even read Mayan until Ronald Reagan was president.

The Popol Vuh was created after the Spanish conquest. If you want to believe in some previous imaginary version, fine. People do believe ignorant things, after all, and there's no stopping the ignorant from doing so.

On the other hand, you have had the opportunity to learn a couple of things about the real Popol Vuh in this thread, thanks to me. You appear not to be curious enough about your own source to see this, however, and insist on some previous unknown version of the Popol Vuh, merely to ensure that Crystal links is correct.

I'm here to tell you that that website is overloaded with pure, unadulterated crap. So, have some more.

Harte

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Well I don't admire this debate one bit, I will humor you once more.

Regardless, the information I am refering to was around long before it was.

Lord, you'd think that people would take at least the tiniest peek at what is known about their own sources!

Like I said, I've no interest in reading it.

You didn't. What your refering to is:

You need to understand your closing in on one little piece of an enormous wealth of information for some reason I don't ever care to know.

Again... Thread title "Lost History" what do you not get about that? Prove it true or false and I'll admit there is a god.

Regarding your claim about a "rewritten" version of the Popol Vuh, that's is perfectly ridiculous since nobody could even read Mayan until Ronald Reagan was president.

Would you like some cheese with that whine? Listen to you "it is ridiculous"
Here is my impression of you:
"He is saying something that is not what I believe. Help somebody stop this madman!"

haha too bad your rights are constantly infringed upon EH neighbour!

The Popol Vuh was created after the Spanish conquest. If you want to believe in some previous imaginary version, fine. People do believe ignorant things, after all, and there's no stopping the ignorant from doing so.

You must be a politician.
Reason 1-You believe what they say.
Reason 2-Your inability to comprehend something other than your own pov regardless of all the information provided saying otherwise, even if some little tidbit of information has cause for concern of being wrong. (In my mind it is probably all wrong anyways.)

On the other hand, you have had the opportunity to learn a couple of things about the real Popol Vuh in this thread, thanks to me. You appear not to be curious enough about your own source to see this, however, and insist on some previous unknown version of the Popol Vuh, merely to ensure that Crystal links is correct.

Something we both believe to some degree in respect to Crystallinks, learning something new? No, you have done nothing but waste my time with absurdities while most others liked my thread. I am not so judgmental to jump to conclusions of something I know nothing about unlike yourself. It helped support my theory, I never claimed it to be true, it was for interpretation of lost history and how rampant hidden facts are plastered around the internet saying otherwise to so called "real history."

I'm here to tell you quit acting like you wrote the damn thing, I believe Crystallinks alot more than anything that comes out you or what an American president has to say, not that you what you say is not believed by me, I can see your point, but I believe the opposite much more than a so called real interpretation. Your nit picking corrections are non relevant to the meaning of this thread. It is not called "Lost History According To You And Some Book I Used Very Few Words From."

Lord this many replies over it and you still don't understand I don't give a dam about it. You almost make me want to read the dam thing. It does not matter either way. I merely present the facts plastered over the net. Kudos to you though for trying to press upon false information in place of other false information(which I remind you has much more in common with truth than the "real version ever would."

edit on 16-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Well I don't admire this debate one bit, I will humor you once more.

Regardless, the information I am refering to was around long before it was.

So, please provide us with the source for your information.

Like I said, I've no interest in reading it.

Yet you certainly have a keen interest in posting lies about what's written in it, don't you?

You didn't. What your refering to is:

You need to understand your closing in on one little piece of an enormous wealth of information for some reason I don't ever care to know.

Why look at the rest of your claims? You refuse to even back this single one up.

Again... Thread title "Lost History" what do you not get about that? Prove it true or false and I'll admit there is a god.

I proved that your claim about "star men coming down..." in the Popol Vuh was untrue. Whether you "care to read" it or not.

Would you like some cheese with that whine? Listen to you "it is ridiculous"
Here is my impression of you:
"He is saying something that is not what I believe. Help somebody stop this madman!"

No, you are saying that a certain series of sentences is in the Popol Vuh. I showed anyone that cares to look that it is not.

That's actually pretty simple. Get it?

You must be a politician.
Reason 1-You believe what they say.
Reason 2-Your inability to comprehend something other than your own pov regardless of all the information provided saying otherwise, even if some little tidbit of information has cause for concern of being wrong. (In my mind it is probably all wrong anyways.)

You yourself just stated that you refuse to even look in the very source you used to see if what you posted was a lie (it was.) What has that got to do with my "pov?"

Something we both believe to some degree in respect to Crystallinks, learning something new? No, you have done nothing but waste my time with absurdities while most others liked my thread. I am not so judgmental to jump to conclusions of something I know nothing about unlike yourself.

And your ignorance will continue to rage unabated as long as you refuse to actually read the things that you claim are your own sources.

Originally posted by beautyofperil It helped support my theory,

Theories cannot be "supported" with lies.

Harte

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Again your biased with mainstream non sense and I no longer have the patience to show you that you may be right about one thing, but your just speaking nonsense to me. If you had a different approach, a polite one I would of taken you more serious, but ya you believe the mainstream bs and than when they are lying about your family and countries history long after your gone maybe, just maybe and that's a big maybe your ancestors might understand.

Here are two different full-text versions of the Popul Vuh. Link 1 Link 2 You won't find the above quote in either. Originally posted by beautyofperil The Mayan Chilam Balaam texts stated, "Beings descended from the sky in flying vessels... white men in flying rings, who can touch the sky." What do you want to bet that the above isn't in the Chilam Balaam? No time now, so why don't you check for us? Don't believe every single thing put up on some fringe website. Harte

Amazing how far a please could go to help avoid your misunderstanding of what I am implying.

edit on 17-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Amazing how far a please could go to help avoid your misunderstanding of what I am implying.

Okay.

"Oh, PLEASE stop posting lies as if they were true!"

"PLEASE take a moment to check your own sources, especially when someone gives you a link to the source you claim to be using, but actually have no knowledge of whatsoever!"

"Oh, PLEASE stop disseminating disinformation you glean from total crap websites like crystalinks."

Better?

Harte

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Hey you read the thread title if you can't read plain english it's not my fault.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
That didn't work, then?

I suspected it wouldn't.

To write about "Lost History," one must first occupy oneself with history that is actually lost, and not with bogus claims about a history that never existed.

Perhaps someday someone here will start such a thread. You, on the other hand, have not, and I doubt you ever will.

Harte

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

You do realize that I don't care and am messing with you right? Didn't think so, as you apparently could not hit the broad side of a barn when it comes to understanding something other than your biased ideas...

You've shown how you rudely have something to prove but no one gives a dam about your opinion. Your so smart, you make a thread and see the rhetoric you get for believing in mainstream accounts since they are so true to you.

I posted the OP with an open mind, not focusing on the one little fact like you have, in fact aside from that one little quote not at all till I had responses.

Keep making your replies though like your opinion matters, it is very funny to me and I enjoy our little chat as I like to learn from experience and with this site I gonna need all the experience I can get.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

PLEASE!!!!!

Post on topic...do not derail the thread with material not related to the subject of the thread.
Please stop the bickering!!

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join