It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost History

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

I dont see that justified. A conqueror yes,....but if all you see is the "greatness" of lesser men for their conquest, then you will fail to even understand real greatness and the depth of men like Alexander.

That is not unusual either. It is why these men wish to surround them selves with equals. They are so often alone and misunderstood.

EDIT:
Genghis Khan was a conqueror but he united NOTHING and improved nothing of the world. He only demanded tribute. Little more than a common thief. If judging only by his conquest, then he too would then be "great". There is more to Lion men and true greatness.

edit on 5-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

If Alexander and his forces came invading your street would you still say the same after they had their way with you in the name of equality?

And your terribly mistaken about Khan he united his tribes in the beginning, he was the founding father of Mongolia.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

and what did he do for the rest of the world but make them live in fear?

He made a highway system for his tribute to flow.

And where are his people today?.....a feast for today and famine for tomorrow. He ruined their image for the rest of recorded history.

I may fight if someone came a conquering. I would probably not mind if it was someone like Alexander because he would leave my people better than they were before. He wouldnt kill a single person after the last soldier put down his weapons in defiance of him. He would then begin building and improving my people. That would be awesome.

I mean that too...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Okay I'm convinced you have no idea what your talking about.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

and I am convinced you are just arguing.

How are you convinced? What makes you so certain?

I did not lie, or misrepresent any facts.

You just said "nuh uh".....and so we should take that as some sort of counter argument. We learned nothing form that.

I gave my reasons for my position. Please do the same or admit you are talking out of your ass and didnt put half the effort I have in studying this subject.

You are then in a position to listen and learn, not dictate and lecture.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Ok well if you will just do a little searching on Alexander you will find errors in your cause is what I was pointing at actually, sorry I should of made that more clear.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by beautyofperil
reply to post by Harte

I already did check and uncovered the one that I believe. So why don't you check and tell me why I should believe yours?

Because you were the one that posted the claim.

I linked you to two different full-texts of the Popul Vuh.

If you want at all to be taken seriously, why don't you link us to the version of the Popul Vuh that you used instead of simply proclaiming the quote came from there, when anyone that cares to look at either version I linked can easily see that it doesn't?

I already know the answer - because you didn't check the actual Popul Vuh, you simply pasted something that some fringe website claimed.

This really means that you couldn't care less about what the Maya actually believed (although the Popul Vuh is a poor reference for actual Mayan beliefs.) You are more interested in the claim itself. To the point where you will even post a lie in order to support a view you hold that is insupportable.

Harte

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by cowgomoo

THE "Popol Vuh" is the New World's richest mythological book. It is Mayan in origin. You should have an understanding of something before you call it rubbish. Thanks for the thread OP..
edit on 4-2-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

Actually, the Popul Vuh was written by a Catholic.

Sure, there's some Mayan folklore in it, but it has been contaminated with Old World beliefs.

If you were to bother to read the thing, you couldn't help but notice this fact.

Also, as pointed out, that quote doesn't come from the Popul Vuh but rather from a fringe lie about the Popul Vuh. These sorts of lies are quite common among the fringe, hence it's really important to check on statements like that.

Harte

edit on 2/5/2013 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
deleted double post (stuttering fingers)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

But all the exact same thing is being said about your material now and I have at least put forth information in support of my "theory" and why I believe it to be true, (and evidence is destroyed anyways so what is the point?) and not once have I claimed it to be entirely true, only that I tried to prove it.
You have done diddily squat in an attempt to prove your standing other than post some biased links and claim yours to be entirely true. WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE YOURS, WHY SHOULD I TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT? WHAT MAKES YOUR WEBSITE SO DIFFERENT?
Sorry about the caps need you to understand that fully as to why I do not accept your rebuke. Quote articles, give me a taste and let me know exactly why I should spend my time on your research you claim. There is no way to prove it and I believe I did put the source in the OP till now but I now see the error, apologies.

Crystallinks

Again it's only a theory, calm down cowboy
edit on 5-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
PLEASE Lets keep the debate a bit more civil and not engage in tit for tat bickering.

Blaine91555
Forum Moderator

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Whoops, upon double checking I discovered I had posted wrong one, this is actually the link here:

Crystal links

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Flavian

Ok. (edited reply)

And yes those are very fine examples, I wonder if any of them examples had to do with aliens and or artifacts.

I need to ask, where does your fascination in aliens stem from? The answer is from those who own the multimillion dollar media industry. Publishing houses approve which manuscripts get published, don't they? Film studios approve which films get made, don't they? In which case, why do you believe as truth what they tell and show you? If the statement that victors can rewrite history has any truth, WHY do you believe anything that anyone wants you to believe in today? Can you not fathom that some group has ripped out Jesus Christ from public consumption, yet that this same group is bringing in beliefs which match their religion and their desires? Do you understand that power can absolutely corrupt men? That the love of money is the root of evil? The reality is that those 'sky gods' of yesteryear were men who desired to be worshipped as 'gods'.

9People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge (sink plunge drown) men into ruin and destruction (perdition). 10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered (been led astray) from the faith and pierced (pierced through) themselves with many griefs.

Using drown and destruction together gives this world the truth of yesteryear. And it gives us the motive of today's corrupt men and why they are doing what they are doing. When these ungodly men are able to indoctrinate the youth into the belief of extraterrestrials visiting this planet, this youth cannot suspect that that belief is the controllers means to an end - you will accept the ungodliness of yesteryear, you will walk into that abortion clinic (temple) and offer your first child to the gods in hopes of a 'better harvest' thinking that it's simply an abortion, that cutting and inking yourself is just a fad when in reality something its what pagans do in mourning the dead....and that your fascination with extraterrestrials are their means to become gods in your eyes.

You so easily believe written history, you witness revisionism even today, yet you hold these facts as truth and base your conclusions on them, instead of noting that the love of money is the root of many evils which most likely was behind the raiding of gold in the americas....Christians, with the spirit of God residing in them, would never have plundered nor stolen to gain earthly riches. In which case, you blaming Christians for supposed atrocities which occurred is the exact conclusion that those in power need you to draw. They know that you won't separate out evils arising out of the love of money with true Christianity, and it serves their purpose. Likewise, they know that the ancient world will be brought about by those like you who cannot discern that it was them who instilled in you all fascination of extraterrestrials. Once they raised your desires for aliens to be true, you'll just lap up all the false history that they give you. You will actually facilitate them in returning to blood sacrifices, nature worship and worshipping men as gods - three things already becoming prevalent in society today. The history and desire of a return to the days when innocents were strapped down to stone alters and had their hearts cut out is all but dismissed by you. The pyramids are back for a reason, and it means only one thing - the end of the "millenium" draws to a close as the world darkness rises up to shout in tandem that it wants man to be god instead of the Son of God, Jesus Christ.

You will believe lies to be truths because you want them to be true. They raised those desires and now you will believe whatever lies they feed you if it means that your desires can be realised. If you cannot see why your Creator commands that desires are kept in check, then His warnings fall on deaf ears - You don't want THE Truth to be true, you want THE lie to be true. Those who created this science fiction fantasy understand this, and they know that you do not. They know that your own desires, given and nurtured by them, will serve their own purposes. You will believe whatever they want you to believe.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Are you telling me my answer?

I'm just going to direct you to this thread to show you that science far outweighs media propaganda and spreading of knowledge. And I would like to add that I will not be answering your off topic questions.

My Thread.

But to help you better understand my understanding in this thread is that I believe Aliens influenced a world culture previous to us, which was destroyed somehow, the Spanish and it's Christian Zealots despised what was left when found in the New World because it made them wrong and was better than theirs plus the gold to boot.

Yes, I can actually thank a lot of different media outlets for bringing this knowledge into the open for me, especially the earliest one for me Global News, however I would not shoot the messenger, would you?
Thank you for your courteous reply other than the first two sentences which I did not appreciate.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by cowgomoo

THE "Popol Vuh" is the New World's richest mythological book. It is Mayan in origin. You should have an understanding of something before you call it rubbish. Thanks for the thread OP..
edit on 4-2-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

Actually, the Popul Vuh was written by a Catholic.

Sure, there's some Mayan folklore in it, but it has been contaminated with Old World beliefs.

If you were to bother to read the thing, you couldn't help but notice this fact.

Also, as pointed out, that quote doesn't come from the Popul Vuh but rather from a fringe lie about the Popul Vuh. These sorts of lies are quite common among the fringe, hence it's really important to check on statements like that.

Harte

I have read the Popul Vuh and have even studied the book and see very little to nothing of what you are suggesting. It reads more like something dug up from the Mesopotamian area.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Whoops, upon double checking I discovered I had posted wrong one, this is actually the link here:

Crystal links

So, you couldn't find it in the Popol Vuh? You quote from a posting at crystalinks?

Like I said, the Popul Vuh says no such thing. I didn't state that crystalinks says no such thing!

The Maya never said or believed anything like that, whether you can accept this fact or not.

What you are doing here is furthering idiotic disinformation. You are actually spreading a lie.

Why is it that you do this? I know. Do you?

Harte

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Dude, you still not give any supporting evidence as I have, that yours is in fact true, my theory states those quotes and gives information towards such beings that would show and make that statement true.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
re "links" to the popol vuh, this is a common problem for people who do their research via the net, and alien related sites in particular....
i see the same issue all of the time with people supposedly citing information from hindu and mesopotamian texts (ref vimanas/ancient nukes and the annunaki/nibiru/adapa in particular).
just dont accept what you see on AA sites, there is a long trail of incompetent and seemingly deliberate mistranslation to fit peoples theories.
go back to the source material and read it, dont go to websites with a vested interest to look for evidence to fit the theory instead. it's just another form of misinformation and gives an entirely inaccurate picture of what ancient cultures were writing and we just end up with even more misinformation over the already borked up internet.
there really are countless quotes that claim to be from ancient texts that are regurgitated all over the net and they spread like crabs, and annoy me just as much. i really needed to say that
about links, not crabs, the cream is working now.

cheers.
edit on 7-2-2013 by skalla because: typo

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Has any one ever told you tmi! Dafuq! But yes I agree, and well I am skeptical of any and all material I find online, those in similarity to my belief share a common ground and there is absolutely nothing wrong with how I have portrayed my information as I said I tried to prove it, but that is not so easy. At least it does not have .gov in it right?

And seriously along comes a spider like Harte so self righteous and simplistic, but yet is probably just lost and unable to interpret intelligence conversation and my heart swells up to what is good becoming lost to other minds due to this simplicity they teach in schools, I do not understand his views and I can't help but wonder if people like him will ever ask first, shoot later. Know what I mean? Maybe not entirely accurate but I think you can interpret what I am trying to say by that sentence.

there is a long trail of incompetent and seemingly deliberate mistranslation to fit peoples theories.

No doubt a very good call, just not on me

edit on 7-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

for the record i have actually enjoyed reading your thread, it's just that i have been reading ancient texts/classics in translation etc for quite a long time, so when i see stuff like the supposed info from Popol Vuh, and blaming caesar's actions at alexandria on christians, it makes my brain twitch

i went through the various online versions of popol vuh and nothing like the phrase from crystallinks is in there, which i knew already but i wanted to do for clarity's sake. even following crystallinks's "references" (the "read more" link) it just goes to wikipedia which has no reference at all to folk from the sky, flying disks and whatnot.
i dont mean to be over critical, it's just that some of your points for evidence are factually innaccurate.

this is certainly not meant in a snobby way, but you could spend some time reading ancient texts translated by credible scholars and linguists, rather than out of context/supposed quotes from them in articles etc - i'm sure that you will really enjoy them and gain all sorts of new insights and such from them

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join