It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five strong earthquakes signal angry "Ring of Fire"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
February 1, 2013 – EARTH – The Pacific ‘Ring of Fire’ has been angry over the past day, producing five strong earthquakes over a 48 hour period- not counting the 5.9 quake which struck Papua New Guinea.

North-central Chile was the first to feel the Ring’s wrath, as a magnitude 6.8 quake went off at about 3:15 p.m.

The Solomon Islands (Santa Cruz), in the south Pacific, were next, as three strong earthquakes, registering as magnitude 6.0 and 6.2 on the Richter Scale, struck just east of the island of Nuendö at 6:03 p.m.

This morning, at 4:53 a.m. EST, a magnitude 6.0 earthquake shook an already battered region along the southern tip of Alaska.

These earthquakes occurring in relatively quick succession, separated by distances of thousands of kilometers, punctuates just how active the ‘Ring of Fire’ is and just how unpredictable it can be.

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...
edit on 1-2-2013 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Is it a coincidence that these quakes are around the same time as the four volcanoes in Russia on another thread and the one in Italy on yet another thread?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Very odd indeed.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild
reply to post by rickymouse

Very odd indeed.

What's odd ?
It's the ring of fire, and earthquakes happen there all the time, at some point a violent one is bound to happen, logically the more violent they are the more it would effect other areas.
I'd be more worried about the super volcano thats woken up under Italy or Mount Fuji having 16 times the pressure it needs to erupt in it's magma chamber.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

From 2009.

Previously, scientists had identified a few cases where volcanic eruptions follow very large earthquakes – but up until now it had been difficult to show statistically that such earthquakes may be the cause of an increase in eruptions, rather than the events just being a coincidence.

www.sciencedaily.com...

In this case, not sure which happened first.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild
reply to post by cody599

From 2009.

Previously, scientists had identified a few cases where volcanic eruptions follow very large earthquakes – but up until now it had been difficult to show statistically that such earthquakes may be the cause of an increase in eruptions, rather than the events just being a coincidence.

www.sciencedaily.com...

In this case, not sure which happened first.

Go shake up a can of coke when the tab has been popped. To me it would seem giving energy to the volcano that was released by the quake could get it rumbling.

Why would anyone fear this possible association. Most volcanoes don't hurt many people anymore and most medium sized quakes aren't that deadly unless the buildings are not built well. If there was a 6.5 quake around here, most buildings would be damaged because they aren't built for earthquakes, snow is our major worry here. I could just see all our broken pictures on the ground, be picking up glass forever.

edit on 1-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I don't see how the coke analogy applies. I have never heard of a carbonated volcano.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Is it a coincidence that these quakes are around the same time as the four volcanoes in Russia on another thread and the one in Italy on yet another thread?

And I think those four volcanoes in Russia are also part of the 'Ring of Fire'

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Been watching nature's cleanser (volcanoes) since 2005. From my understanding, the ROF is always erupting somewhere; mainly Indonesia. What does concern me is the recent quakes in the South Pole region.

Those catch my attention:/

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Earthquakes have their... ups and downs; when there is violent plate movement, there would be more earthquakes and usual. I'm not seismologist, so obviously I can't tell if that's more than usual. If that is, I don't think we should blame that on climate change, since I don't think CO2 and methane can move plates. A HAARP test? If the quakes were created by man, wouldn't they be smarter than doing five strong earthquakes in succession (unless maybe they want to make ATSers happy)? Maybe it has nothing to do with man after all...

top topics

join