It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Wrong with School Administrations These Days?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

I am apalled at the amount of children being expelled from school for toy guns, paper guns, making gun gestures with hands, etc. ad nauseum. Where does the madness end? What the hell is wrong with these people? If I had children I am afraid I would seriously have reservations about allowing them to attend public school these days after all this nonsensical scaremongering. The story of the girl from PA for the paper gun made me fuming, as by watching the video she was clearly traumatized by being grilled then teased after!!

I didn't read the whole thread,just the first two pages.
In case I missed it ,the zero tolerance policy is basically a liability issue.

They have to protect the many from the few so they have to have a zero tolerance policy.
Or else they will get sued.
When they get sued and lose because some snot nosed kid offended another,when back in my day that was just growing up,the kids lose out.
Less money=less education.

edit on 1-2-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

It's a ground rock with a marrow type hole in it on a homemade hammer handle. I guess I need to enter a different picture so people can see it.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

I am apalled at the amount of children being expelled from school for toy guns, paper guns, making gun gestures with hands, etc. ad nauseum. Where does the madness end? What the hell is wrong with these people? If I had children I am afraid I would seriously have reservations about allowing them to attend public school these days after all this nonsensical scaremongering. The story of the girl from PA for the paper gun made me fuming, as by watching the video she was clearly traumatized by being grilled then teased after!!

I didn't read the whole thread,just the first two pages.
In case I missed it ,the zero tolerance policy is basically a liability issue.

They have to protect the many from the few so they have to have a zero tolerance policy.
Or else they will get sued.
When they get sued and lose because some snot nosed kid offended another,when back in my day that was just growing up,the kids lose out.
Less money=less education.

edit on 1-2-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

Not to be argumentative, but did you watch any of the videos? Protecting themselves from being sued is one thing, but what they are doing is insanely absurd. Part of learning is being a kid and playing and socializing. The only time they should be involved to the point of suspension/expulsion is when there is a legitimate case for somebody being hurt. Sorry, finger gestures, paper guns, and bubble throwers don't apply in my book as being legitimate.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by derfreebie

It's a ground rock with a marrow type hole in it on a homemade hammer handle. I guess I need to enter a different picture so people can see it.

And here I thought it was a sloth hanging from a stump or tree branch.......

Well at least something I was wondering myself has been answered

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

It does kinda look like a sloth. I doubt if the ancient people who carved this thing had sloths around here though.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Zero Tolerance means Zero Thinking.

We dun wit owr thinkering in here, we gon and dun zero tolerance up in this hear scool.

There was another unrelated thread here the other day, and a poster made a solid remark. They do this to condition kids through suffering and ill-treatment.. such as questioning them for hours over nonsense.. so they grow up believing they have to join "the dark side" if they ever want to achieve any authority.

Respect the authority.
edit on 1-2-2013 by guymontag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

did you watch any of the videos?

The media hype videos?
Yes,I did.

I am apalled at the amount of children being expelled from school

In ratio to the kids who don't get expelled.
Like .0000001%
I read those stories,too.They can not disclose fully why that child was expelled,our was giving a warning.
IEP.
Look it up.

What you don't see are the kids who are homeless,without a father,without a family,where the only descent place to go to the bathroom is at school.The only place they get a meal.

The U.S. Education Department reported that, for the first time, the number of homeless students in America topped one million by the end of the 2010-2011 school year. These kids live in shelters and on the streets, and increasingly in hotels and on the couches of friends and relatives. On one hotel-lined stretch of highway -- a road leading to Disney World -- Nilan heard of schools where there are as many as 25 homeless students in classes of 28. The government report said 1,065,794 homeless kids were enrolled in schools in the 2010-2011 school year, an increase of 13 percent from the previous year and 57 percent since the start of the recession in 2007.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Where is that story that should infuriate you?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

In ratio to the kids who don't get expelled.
Like .0000001%
I read those stories,too.They can not disclose fully why that child was expelled,our was giving a warning.
IEP.
Look it up.

What you don't see are the kids who are homeless,without a father,without a family,where the only descent place to go to the bathroom is at school.The only place they get a meal.

The U.S. Education Department reported that, for the first time, the number of homeless students in America topped one million by the end of the 2010-2011 school year. These kids live in shelters and on the streets, and increasingly in hotels and on the couches of friends and relatives. On one hotel-lined stretch of highway -- a road leading to Disney World -- Nilan heard of schools where there are as many as 25 homeless students in classes of 28. The government report said 1,065,794 homeless kids were enrolled in schools in the 2010-2011 school year, an increase of 13 percent from the previous year and 57 percent since the start of the recession in 2007.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Where is that story that should infuriate you?

I think you are grossly underestimating the frequency of this happening.....

What you linked is wrong as well, but I don't get your point linking one thing that is wrong and comparing it to what I originally posted which is also wrong?

this thread is not about the homeless...

I will grant you is another problem with society that I have personal experience with. For a period of about a year me and my ex with her children were effectively homeless. We spent 5 months bouncing around campgrounds and we ended up going our seperate ways. She had to live out of a motel for that winter with her children and the school the children were attending was threatening to not allow her children to attend school.
edit on 1-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: spelling and editing

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by guymontag
Zero Tolerance means Zero Thinking.

We dun wit owr thinkering in here, we gon and dun zero tolerance up in this hear scool.

There was another unrelated thread here the other day, and a poster made a solid remark. They do this to condition kids through suffering and ill-treatment.. such as questioning them for hours over nonsense.. so they grow up believing they have to join "the dark side" if they ever want to achieve any authority.

Respect the authority.
edit on 1-2-2013 by guymontag because: (no reason given)

I don't know what is behind it, but it is scary the implications if there is an ulterior motive beyond just completely lacking common sense.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Lol this has been happening for a long time. I was suspended from school over these www.amazon.co.uk... you can literally crush them in your hands without injury. The principal called them explosives my mother had them staple the box they came on to the report so it didn't look like a brought an m80 or a stick of C4 to school. That was in the 80's
edit on 2-2-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
Lol this has been happening for a long time. I was suspended from school over these www.amazon.co.uk... you can literally crush them in your hands without injury. The principal called them explosives my mother had them staple the box they came on to the report so it didn't look like a brought an m80 or a stick of C4 to school. That was in the 80's

I remember snaps, other than making noise they were harmless. I went to school in the 80's as well, you gotta admit it seems to have gotten much worse the past decade though.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I remember I got suspended in 5th grade because another kid said he was going to bring a gun to school and shoot me.

And in 6th grade I was suspended for having a bag of sugar...SUGAR. The old hag thought it was drugs, when the police told the principal that it was sugar like "the boy" said. I was told that I would be suspended for "the idea" of having drugs. Never did understand that one.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

Oh how I loved those little snappy bastards. I got kicked out of school for those too.
We would get two boxes and unwrap them all, take that sandy crap and make a big one out of a square of toilet paper.
Not so quiet that way, but throwing those at another kids head-priceless

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

I remember snaps, other than making noise they were harmless. I went to school in the 80's as well, you gotta admit it seems to have gotten much worse the past decade though.

yeah I have a 5 month old baby girl and i wonder what kind of bs she will have to go through when she reaches the age where she will attend school. I should state though I got in trouble with one other kid because we had been throwing them at each others feet. But the teacher literally grabbed me by the arm and dragged me to the principals office like I was some kind of dangerous troubled kid. My mother let her have it though and the teacher hated me for the rest of the year over that! I was like 7 or 8 years old. I just don't get some peoples mentality when they become teachers and dislike children yet want to teach 3 or 4th grade.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

yeah I have a 5 month old baby girl and i wonder what kind of bs she will have to go through when she reaches the age where she will attend school. I should state though I got in trouble with one other kid because we had been throwing them at each others feet. But the teacher literally grabbed me by the arm and dragged me to the principals office like I was some kind of dangerous troubled kid. My mother let her have it though and the teacher hated me for the rest of the year over that! I was like 7 or 8 years old. I just don't get some peoples mentality when they become teachers and dislike children yet want to teach 3 or 4th grade.

I shudder to think what the country will be like in another 10 years the way things are going. As far as teachers, no idea, I think some of them lose sight of why they wanted to be teacher's in the first place.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

Oh how I loved those little snappy bastards. I got kicked out of school for those too.
We would get two boxes and unwrap them all, take that sandy crap and make a big one out of a square of toilet paper.
Not so quiet that way, but throwing those at another kids head-priceless

dude how did that work the rocks are what made the spark which ignited the powder and made them pop?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

you put all those rocks inside a square of toilet paper. It works the same way its just bigger.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I shudder to think what the country will be like in another 10 years the way things are going. As far as teachers, no idea, I think some of them lose sight of why they wanted to be teacher's in the first place.

I know why they did it! I have an aunt who got a ba in art and became a teacher she taught kindergarten she waited to get tenure then got her masters and her pay raised from 30k to 90k to teach 5 year olds how to finger paint and count to 10. She actually believed she should have earned 90k and would say things like I would never work for anything under 40 dollars an hour like she had some actual skill that qualified her to earn 90k.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

you put all those rocks inside a square of toilet paper. It works the same way its just bigger.

dude i wish we hung out at ten lol that sounds like a blast literally and figuratively. I think everyone knows the piccolo pete trick where you crimp the end to make it blow up lol that's all i have as far as firework modification

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Yeah if you crimp the end just a little bit and put them in a PVC pipe they are like little rockets.
Those little model rockets are fun too, if you unwrap all that cardboard stuff around them its just a block of black powder, some ground up black powder and some stupid clay stuff. You can use those to make your own fireworks.
Those little tiny black cat things that come looking like a bunch of little sticks attached by one fuse, you can dip them in epoxy and they are waaaaaay louder. Have to be careful though the epoxy kind of makes it a little shrapnelly.
Had a lot of fun as a kid, if I did that stuff today as a kid I would probably be thrown in juvie. Which is another factor I think contributes to the school violence. Kids can't be kids anymore, even a school yard fist fight ends up with the police being called and charges being brought up. I think they don't let boys be boys and sometimes it all gets bottled up until one day they just don't care anymore and do something stupid.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join