It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible UFO Filmed By Commercial Pilot above Costa Rica skies on 23 January 2013

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It's lens flare. Here's a video I created. I duplicated the clip, rotated it 180 degrees, and made it partially transparent. I then placed it over the same clip and inverted the colors. So now you can see a black spot in the upper right and a black sun in the lower left. You'll notice how the spot exactly follows the sun. Click through to watch it in HD.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

Morning, Checking to see the outcome.

Ok -Ok
maybe you do know a lil something, Maybe I shouldn't have called you out like that...It would be nice if we could get on here with our real names without worldly repercussions from outsiders. Still- I hope you would do me the same way.. even though I am still taking your word for in light that it is just a blob/blip on the screen round without form. Your risking your rep if your lying and I guess here that is all you have. We should hold everyone to a certain standard here without offending members with all the different opinions. . my bad

So0o,

So the ol boy was pulling out leg coupled with a really kewl "flare"
But still that anomaly was moving to the right away from the plane, although the plane was moving to the left. Seem to me it should have followed the plane AND if the anomaly was moving to the edge of the glass it would have explained the lack of appearance at the end.
The guy shows up on the news acting as if he really saw something, visibly shaken, we need one of them Behavior Analysis that reads faces and words to tell if they are lying. He sure looked like he was telling the truth to me...shrugs..also I was thinking that was a mounted camera in the plane.

watching this morning with fresh eyes, still that last few seconds before it goes off screen out passes the turn, spooks me.
edit on 1-2-2013 by SunLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown

Originally posted by CigaretteMan
Hey everyone stop supporting StephenHannard ADG UK and his charlatain channel. He is a serial hoaxer and bs artist.

Use this video instead.

Bingo!!! This video clearly show it's a bird... flapping wings in the end.
edit on 31-1-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

I thought I saw wings at the end of the flight path and lo and behold I was right!

My eyes werent deceiving me as I thought they were....

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So we see some blurred object moving across the sky and automatically it's a spaceship piloted by aliens?
I think we're all a bit too desperate for something different and new to happen.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown

Originally posted by CigaretteMan
Hey everyone stop supporting StephenHannard ADG UK and his charlatain channel. He is a serial hoaxer and bs artist.

Use this video instead.

Bingo!!! This video clearly show it's a bird... flapping wings in the end.
edit on 31-1-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

I thought I saw wings at the end of the flight path and lo and behold I was right!

My eyes werent deceiving me as I thought they were....

And then it was gone ... video removed by user ...second time that's happened today
, I guess the truth was out there

edit on 1-2-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Just in case no one mentioned it, it seems to glow when it crosses below the sun ~ from the 13 to 17 second mark.

But since it is turning with the camera/aircraft it might just be a reflection inside the camera.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

The original video is still there. It does look like it could be wings flapping at the very end. Maybe the guy saw a bird and after watching his film he decided to pass it off as a UFO?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
It's lens flare. Here's a video I created. I duplicated the clip, rotated it 180 degrees, and made it partially transparent. I then placed it over the same clip and inverted the colors. So now you can see a black spot in the upper right and a black sun in the lower left. You'll notice how the spot exactly follows the sun. Click through to watch it in HD.

Oh please! you expect me to buy this? Answer me this. If its a lens flare, why does it do that thing when....it. It's not a lens flare. Its just not.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by shivaX

Hmm.Nice video but still cant be sure.
It can also be flare from the lens.
edit on 31-1-2013 by shivaX because: (no reason given)

Because people usually carry high powered cameras with them wherever they go...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Oh please! you expect me to buy this? Answer me this. If its a lens flare, why does it do that thing when....it. It's not a lens flare. Its just not.

I don't know what "thing that it does" you are talking about, but here are a few thinks it DOES do:

1. It appears in the video frame the exact same moment the Sun appears.
2. It disappear from the video frame at the exact same moment the Sun disappears.
3. It moves with the same apparent speed that the Sun moves across the video frame as the camera pans.
4. It follows a course EXACTLY opposite (like a mirror) the apparent course of the Sun across the video frame as the camera pans.

Considering all of these things, it seems very plausible that this could be an internal camera reflection.

'nataylors' video clearly shows my point number 4 above. He flipped the image and overlaid it, The "object" followed the EXACT path of the of the Sun on that flipped and overlaid video.

edit on 2/1/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I can’t believe people still refuse to admit it is lens flare. It has been thoroughly debunked several times in this thread you would have to be willfully ignorant of it at this point. I would love to see a real UFO but this isn’t it.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

I don't know what "thing that it does" you are talking about, but here are a few thinks it DOES do:

1. It appears in the video frame the exact same moment the Sun appears.
2. It disappear from the video frame at the exact same moment the Sun disappears.
3. It moves with the same apparent speed that the Sun moves across the video frame as the camera pans.
4. It follows a course EXACTLY opposite (like a mirror) the apparent course of the Sun across the video frame as the camera pans.

Considering all of these things, it seems very plausible that this could be an internal camera reflection.

'nataylors' video clearly shows my point number 4 above. He flipped the image and overlaid it, The "object" followed the EXACT path of the of the Sun on that flipped and overlaid video.

I keep forgetting that my brand of humur doesn't translate over the web well and particularly here since people say some pretty silly things, you just never know. well, at least i chuckled.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I can’t believe people still refuse to admit it is lens flare. It has been thoroughly debunked several times in this thread you would have to be willfully ignorant of it at this point. I would love to see a real UFO but this isn’t it.
being willfully ignorant is not such a bad way to be sometimes. You could say I have mastered my ignorance and can sum it up at any time. Right now I choose not to be and agree I with you.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I keep forgetting that my brand of humur doesn't translate over the web well and particularly here since people say some pretty silly things, you just never know. well, at least i chuckled.

After your reply to my two of my earlier responses to you r posts on different threads, I see that now.

Your sarcasm does translate to the written word as well as it does verbally.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I really don't know what the object on the film is but I can tell you this much. I work professionally with pro camera equipment. And that is not a solar flare, something on the camera sensor or a reflection.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chazam

I really don't know what the object on the film is but I can tell you this much. I work professionally with pro camera equipment. And that is not a solar flare, something on the camera sensor or a reflection.

First of all, it's not called a "solar flare, but just "lens flare". Lens flare can be caused by sources other than the Sun.

Secondly, it isn't necessarily a classic lens flare, but rather maybe an internal camera reflection. This reflection can often happen inside the body of the lens, or inside the body of the camera. Some people still call that lens flare, but the specific phenomenon is called an internal reflection.

Third, how do you explain nataylors' investigation where he flipped the image (as if it was an internal reflection) then overlaid it over the original and showed that the "object" followed the EXACT same path as the flipped and overlaid Sun did?

nataylors fine video investigation is below. Notice how the object moves along the EXACT same path as the Sun on the inverted and overlaid video:
:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What gives it away to being a lens flare, or at least something caused by the sun, is the fact that you can actually see the rest of the reflection if you look very closely. That is what I would think it would be, and it is a more plausible explanation. I cannot understand what he was saying, but I would bet that he did not see it with his naked eye, and it was only seen on the camera.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Im not the topic here, stay on topic! What opinion do you have on the topic?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Snaffers

I'd buy a reflection before calling it a lens flare.

The only issue w/ that is it's possible for the reflection to be on the cockpit windscreen while an object is still present.

Much better work than the "lens flare" crowd though, I hope it's because you refuse to accept the first explanation that can be thought of, true or not as so many pseudo skeptics and bad UFO TV shows practice.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
reply to post by Snaffers

I'd buy a reflection before calling it a lens flare.

The only issue w/ that is it's possible for the reflection to be on the cockpit windscreen while an object is still present.

Much better work than the "lens flare" crowd though, I hope it's because you refuse to accept the first explanation that can be thought of, true or not as so many pseudo skeptics and bad UFO TV shows practice.

Many of us are saying it is an internal camera reflection, which can commonly happen when a light source (such as the sun) reflects off of the internal parts of the lens body or camera body, then strikes the CCD sensor (or film). This is not an uncommon occurrence.

Again, I point to this great post by nataylor where he took an inverted (flipped) image of that video and overlaid that flipped version over the original:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can CLEARLY SEE that the inverted Sun moves EXACTLY along the same path and the same speed as the object in the original video (and, vice-versa, the inverted object moves the same as the original Sun). That tells me that the "object" is almost certainly just an internal camera reflection.

If anyone can rebut this video and tell me how that "object" just happens to move along the exact opposite path of the Sun at the exact apparent speed of the Sun if it isn't just a reflection of the Sun.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join