It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible UFO Filmed By Commercial Pilot above Costa Rica skies on 23 January 2013

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
This incredible and clear Footage was captured by a commercial pilot over Costa Rica skies and show an bright/white unidentified flying object that travel at very high speed and rapidly moving below the aircraft. The footage corresponds to a flight on Wednesday, January 23, 2013.

The video was captured by the commercial pilot Joseph Daniel Araya, who has more than 500 flight hours. Araya says he was recording with his cell phone when suddenly the camera screen saw the object moving, When he looked out of the aircraft there was nothing, said the pilot.
[...] estimated that the object on the screen could have a length between 7 and 10 meters. Its speed could reach 3600 kilometers per hour, seven times more than the ship from which the footage was captured.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It does show up exactly when the lens is facing the sun...

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Hmm.Nice video but still cant be sure.
It can also be flare from the lens.
edit on 31-1-2013 by shivaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

WoW, frikin awesome!

I threw this up on the big screen and saw how the shadows beneath it changed
with the elevation of the terrain. I could not see any pixalation or distortion that would reveal CGI.
SnF. I also looked for something in the cockpit that would reflect internally, and found no evidence of it.
And at 0:36, when the disk passes through a sunbeam, the surface of the craft reflects the sun.
Now if one of the Dos Amigos put this up, I'd bet you would have 100 flags and 50 + stars.
Again SnF

edit on 31-1-2013 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
It does show up exactly when the lens is facing the sun...

That was the first thing which struck me too.

The zoomed in shot confirmed it.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
This incredible and clear Footage

Clear footage of lense flare.... what is so incredible about it?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Lens flare.

No wait wait, it's a Costa Rican lantern!

Oh oh, wait, it's swamp gas, and it reflects the light from Venus.
Yeah, that's the ticket.

However, it is peculiar that it travels in a similar radial as the turning air plane.
It wouldn't be the first time that a UFO paced an aircraft.
edit on 31-1-2013 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by Arken
This incredible and clear Footage

Clear footage of lense flare.... what is so incredible about it?

"The Incredible" is... your post...

In which kind of "Lens Flares World" do you live?

No one expert, with a brief knowledge of photographic skills, can subscribe your opinion.

The object is real and fast, really fast, and everyone can see that it shine when it pass throught the sunrays.

+33 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Lens Flare? is that the best you can do? What a crock.
I think its Oberg on his way to phages for a sleepover.
edit on 31-1-2013 by Elvis Hendrix because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2013 by Elvis Hendrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I trust you've filed an official request for the local radar data to back this up and will be checking with police departments in the area.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Not a lense flare
The object seems to be moving very smoothly at the same speed and direction, which it wouldn't do if it was a lenseflare since both the plane and the man holding the camera are in motion. A lens flare would usually accelerate the further it gets from the lightsource in the picture, but that doesn't seem to be the case in the video.
Also, as someone else pointed out, there is a clear shadow cast from the object onto the ground. (Watch in full screen).

Doesn't look like CGI
It doesn't resemble any of the CGI videos I've seen before. Those are usually way more detailed, because whomever made them usually wants to show off their skills. Could be a hoax like the videos from Jerusalem that surfaced 1-2 years back. But don't see why a commercial pilot would get involved with that?

I am tempted to say that it is a smaller aircraft, perhaps one of those infamous drones. The plane looks like it is about to land, or atleast very close to earth, so I could imagine it is somewhere near an airport.
However, it does seem unlikely for any type of aircraft to fly so low, at such speed, since the turbolens would be very bad. So if it is man made I vote some kind of drone or another type of remote controlled machine.
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The footage is far from incredible, that could be anything, the picture quality is lacking detail and is too grainy to make any informed decision on what it is whatsoever.
edit on 31-1-2013 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Not very good footage.
But, how many of us carry an HD video camera with us all day? Reserve judgement on this one.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The aircraft is banking to the left.

The object is a reflection bouncing off the aircraft.

By the aircraft changing the angle relative to the sun the object follows a path and appears to speed up.

No ufo.. But it looks really cool!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

Well I don't think anyone is actually holding that camera - it seems mounted inside the cockpit. The guy obviously didn't notice it until after seeing the footage. And it does fade out towards the end like a lens flare would.

And a shadow? you have got to be kidding - where?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Unfortunately, it appears when the sun appears and disappears on cue exactly when the sun disappears on the other side. My guess is he may be one of those pilots who post recordings of flight, take off and landing and when he saw this he thought he'd have a laugh. Innocent enough, I suppose. But no UFO.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

In the parts of the video that are zoomed you can see a small dark outline on the bottom of the object, which would also indicate that it farily close to the ground, as it moves along the dark outline move upwards and downwards as it follow the curvature of the ground beneath.
But the quality is very poor, so it is hard to tell and it might be some sort of artifact.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Not to be that guy, but 0.14 makes me think lens flare.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

Thats not a shadow, it is most likely because of the poor video quality. The dark part jumps above the object half the time. How would a shadow on the ground do that?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma
The aircraft is banking to the left.

The object is a reflection bouncing off the aircraft.

By the aircraft changing the angle relative to the sun the object follows a path and appears to speed up.

No ufo.. But it looks really cool!

I've tried running your theory over in my head a few times, and I simply can't see how the object could keep a straight trajectory if the plane is banking. Not unless the lightsource was moving aswell - which it couldn't be.

Also, as I pointed out in my previous post, since the plane is banking, the lense flare should first decelerate as it moves towards the light source, then accelerate as it moves away.
There does seem to be some changes in velocity, but nothing I think correlates with the movement of the plane itself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join