It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"There is only now" is not only a spiritual concept. The past is quite literally an illusion.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
you must realize that our time/space is very different to the rest and only makes sense to us. its like teaching a kid a circle is a circle . until u realize the circle was never there and what you think is a circle really isn't a circle.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by talesone

I don't understand what you mean. geometry is a concept that apes can even recognize. Just because a being is unaware of what a circle is does not mean its not a circle, and even the word circle is just a cognitive collective's agreement that in English a 360 degree shape that meets end by end is a circle.

What i may see as many circles, an untrained eye may just see an overwhelming picture. All things exist, to say they don't would be like saying we ourselves don't exist. We do in fact exist, What people are misinterpreting is the ability to manipulate and change things in existence to states otherwise thought impossible, but once force fields are developed which block the current time continuum which is the ever flowing current made by initial frame dragging these impossible things can be done. Our awareness of time is only limited by our ability to perceive. We can only see the frames drag, but reaching certain speeds warps the frame dragging. Its an all paradox proof system. If you go into the passed and change something, Everything changes without the current time forking. Time travel is dangerous for this reason as it can wipe people, invention and civilizations out and replace them with another seamlessly. Tho the power to go back, requires quite a few steps. One much be able to reach speeds faster than light, one must be converted into energy, and must travel the length of light to reach the destination you want. It is possible to Open a worm hole and use this process once reached the other destination if the distance is to far. Time and distance are different to some degree. Try to imagine that every large gravity zone has its own time warp, with its own effects. I imagine tho, that you would align with the light path you want and you would follow it till you reach the time you want. But it would take some complex technology, as the closest possibility for us humans is viewing into the passed. I also understand there is some problems with the technology and aging, As we humans are unable to turn into light when we step into the field that goes against the current, it also reverses the light within the field as well. It will have to take a coat. some sort of suit they can develop that we can use to jump into these warped fields. I'm not sure how far along this technology has gone. But i do know that they are able to speed up the growth of plants and animals. speed clocks and slow them down. Time is a hard thing for us humans to mess with when we are effected so easily by it.

If you are wondering. If you can go back and kill your mother before you are born if you will disappear. You wont. Because you yourself were able to convert to light, travel along the currents and slow down and convert back to physical and once you do that. you exist on that plane. Meaning if someone comes and kills you on that plane, there is no way you can stop it. But if you killed your mother, you would still be standing there. Tho you and your family may never live on. And that course of action changed the lives of many indefinitely. It is changed permanently. Unless at any given moment, someone where to go back, and stop the murderer for killing his mom. The murderer would die, and the mother would live. The son would be born, and during the course of his life. He will eventually make the choice to go back and kill his mother, thats when you. creating that light path. Stops him and kills him. Even tho he was born, and you killed him after he time traveled to kill his mom. The paradox fixes itself because it is a paradox proof system.
edit on 3-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

same concept exists, if you were to go back. Kill the guy who invented the time machine. Go back to the future. You would still be the only person with a time machine. Regardless if the invention exists or not.
edit on 3-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
Actually within the Ra and Seth material they state that even our future actions can affect our past in ways we cannot imagine.

"Time" is completely something we cannot percieve.

Actually, Time IS a perception. The Past can never be experienced, the Future can never be experienced. They can only be images of our memories and projections. They have no existential qualities. The concept of time is of great use in communicating ideas and establish patterns, etc. but, Like inches used to describe length, inches do not actually exist. Nor does an hour or a minute.

The concept of time, facilitates communication , but it does to exist in reality. Our minds are always bound to confuse realities for the concepts used to describe it.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

time is very much real, the concept you have is not wrong tho. Just the internal clock you are referring to which is generated by the human consciousness does have its own set of boundaries and rules within our dome pieces. Time is real man, how fast can you run in a pool? Faster if the water molecules were more spread out? try to imagine a bunch of fat people jumping in a pool and swiming as fast as they can to the other side. This is light, and this is how light acts on earth. Slugging through the water that is its gravitational pull. Time is not measurable in the sense that, it will never be truly how you should feel it. if the planet decides to speed up its magnetic field and force evolution and chaos well..@#$% hide in a cave? or become one with the god force take me! like the guy standing on the cliff in the movie 2012 utter over cascading fire *its beautiful* arms streched out thinking namaste

60 seconds can go by but the clock wont honestly tell you if its a true 60 seconds. Clocks are affected by initial frame dragging caused by the earth gravity.
edit on 4-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

www.phy.duke.edu...

why am i such a genius, maybe cus im left handed?
ah kidding. but check this artical. I never read it before. but for some reason it explains exactly what i believe in

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

"General relativity predicts that massive rotating objects should drag space-time around themselves as they rotate," said Pavlis. "Frame dragging is like what happens if a bowling ball spins in a thick fluid such as molasses. As the ball spins, it pulls the molasses around itself. Anything stuck in the molasses will also move around the ball. Similarly, as the Earth rotates, it pulls space-time in its vicinity around itself. This will shift the orbits of satellites near the Earth. "We found that the plane of the orbits of LAGEOS I and II were shifted about six feet (two meters) per year in the direction of the Earth's rotation," Pavlis said. "This is about 10 percent greater than what is predicted by general relativity, which is within our margin of error of plus or minus 20 percent. Later measurements by Gravity Probe B, a NASA spacecraft scheduled to be launched in 2000, should reduce this error margin to less than one percent. This promises to tell us much more about the physics involved." Einstein's theory of general relativity has been highly successful at explaining how matter and light behave in strong gravitational fields, and has been successfully tested using a wide variety of astrophysical observations. The frame-dragging effect was first derived using general relativity by Austrian physicists Joseph Lense and Hans Thirring in 1918. Known as the Lense-Thirring effect, it was previously observed by the team of Ciufolini using the LAGEOS satellites and has recently been observed around distant celestial objects with intense gravitational fields, such as black holes and neutron stars. The new research around Earth is the first direct detection and measurement of this phenomenon.

oh cool, sort of like the comparison to the fat people in the pool lol. meh. I am not liing about never reading this artical lol. but still giver a shot. you might enjoy it maybe? lol so far it seems interesting.

and just because you are unaware of time. does not mean it does not exist. How often are you aware of gravity? probably don't give it much thought other than i wish i could jump higher.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

A NASA probe filming the sun recorded a time space warp next to it and I was pondering that THE SUN IS AN OUTPUT OF A BLACK HOLE
We know that the universe is made of NEGATIVES AND POSITIVES, and we know that dying stars can shrink into singularity causing a black hole.
I suggest that the stars that turn into black holes can also reverse back or cycle .(not good for us).But this could explain flares and sun spots, as planets are sucked into our suns hole light years away and ground down into fuel for our sun. As supporting evidence the Japanese tested for nuclear particles coming from the sun and found NONE,indicating the sun is not the result of nuclear reactions.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by supergravity

brilliant. Yeah i left the part about black holes out but yes they do. They are indeed recycled. Once a star blows up and sends its guts everywhere it starts sucking in everything in the surrounding area. Because all that matter that was once there causing massive frame dragging in the solar system. It gets doubled when its gone because of its absence it sucks everything within its radius to fill the true empty space. Black space is not empty. It is tons of partials, x rays and random flares of light surrounded by dark energy. My theory on this is the force of the explosion and the electro magnetic wave given off by a star exploding forces the dark energy to push to just a distance giving the area of effect of true empty void qualities. The gavitational force from the void pulls everything towards the center. Where it will eventually press gasses and the like with pressures x100000?????? the pressure on coal to make diamonds. Eventually the mass takes up enough space tho you can imagine since the pressure is so great. It would super align the any molecules along each other to form a superball manytimes its weight compared to its size. Eventually becomes large and ignites because of heat and pressure into another star. that explodes again but with a burning flame that lasts for as much molecules were tightly packed by the super gravity. Just my understanding.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw
reply to post by Visitor2012

time is very much real, the concept you have is not wrong tho. Just the internal clock you are referring to which is generated by the human consciousness does have its own set of boundaries and rules within our dome pieces. Time is real man, how fast can you run in a pool? Faster if the water molecules were more spread out? try to imagine a bunch of fat people jumping in a pool and swiming as fast as they can to the other side. This is light, and this is how light acts on earth. Slugging through the water that is its gravitational pull. Time is not measurable in the sense that, it will never be truly how you should feel it. if the planet decides to speed up its magnetic field and force evolution and chaos well..@#$% hide in a cave? or become one with the god force take me! like the guy standing on the cliff in the movie 2012 utter over cascading fire *its beautiful* arms streched out thinking namaste

60 seconds can go by but the clock wont honestly tell you if its a true 60 seconds. Clocks are affected by initial frame dragging caused by the earth gravity.

www.phy.duke.edu...

why am i such a genius, maybe cus im left handed?
ah kidding. but check this artical. I never read it before. but for some reason it explains exactly what i believe in

Sorry, no dice! The Past and Future is a concept or perception consisting of two points, NOW and THEN. And each point can only take place at the present. The words Past and Future, by definition, can never be brought into existence. You can witness the NOW point, but the THEN point will have to either be a memory or a projection. Both are images of the mind and neither can exist NOW.

Consciousness needs the perception of time in order to sustain the perception of space. Both are illusions and both are concepts created by consciousness.
edit on 4-2-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

It is so ironic ,I posted my idea that we are in a quantum computer and that matter is blinking on and off in frames indicating every thing around us is generated and not solid,today I read the above news release verifying
just what the evidence is leading me to.

I will take it one step further, THE WORD RANDOM does not exist.All atoms are placed on purpose and with directed intelligence

edit on 9-2-2013 by supergravity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by supergravity

You know this can easily be explained, If we come to terms that molecules themselves have consciousness and programmed destiny. Like how a salmon is destined to swim to sea, or a bird is destined to migrate even tho. There is no way of one knowing besides the sensations of the magnetic field. Sure you can try to explain everything that is here is in a computer. Intelligence design because consciousness is intelligent and singularly one being of consciousness could change the lives of millions over night. An example is nicola tesla, Or maybe an animal that finds a new method of cracking nuts? Who knows.

Tho intelligently designed by some being. Im sure there are beings out there creating stars and such. But to start the universe? Just to unrealistic of an idea to fathom. I'm sure they are finally catching on spiritually. Scientists will have to agree that matter itself has consciousness. So even a desk is technically alive. Not in the sense that it will have free will but will be influenced by us as we offer it experiences. If you hammer on a desk for a year and tell the desk its made poorly and it wont hold. Its wood is rotted and its becoming useless. Your going to replace it with a new better one good riddance, Do you think the wood in that desk will hold up? Wood is still technically alive for a very long time. Only when it does it starts to rot. Water obviously speeds up the process if its moist. But that is just what i believe. I think that everything has a purpose. And respecting that purpose makes things grow, and live.

Like telling your glass of water its beautiful, and that your the only human that will respect it. And cherish it as it keeps you alive and keeps your cells healthy. You might notice the water is wetter, you might notice it tastes better, and feels better inside you. The whole universal law of attraction runs fundamentally on these principals. Im sure molecules go through several lifetimes of reincarnation

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This is beyond ridiculous. It's what happens when a mind abstracts into complete delusion. False assumptions from tidbits of science.

When people say "there is only now", they're attempting to perspective-shift people into the present to forget their past transgressions. You can trick people into becoming well, but taken to an extreme it becomes an even deeper form of sickness.

All of life in this plane of existence depends on linear time. All life on this planet flows through it, however conscious they are of this experience. The rules of this universe depend on linear time.

That ultimate reality may transcend linear time has no bearing on how you or I experience the world. I couldn't type this to you right now without living my life through time, linearly. To think so shows a complete lack of basic logic. We needed to learn how to speak, and type through linear time.

All of this is a result of a lack of understanding of the facts. People erroneously extrapolate false assumptions from facts within science. Work is taken out of context. It's as if people so badly need to believe in some type of myth, in conjunction with the classical notions of God being dead, that they so eagerly jump on to the crazy train and spout out complete absurdities.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

time only exists linearly where energy and mass exist. To say it exists actively moving at the same time would be to discredit such phenomenon as lauching a clock around the world from up in the atmosphere and bringing it back. The time will be different. So it is linear in the way that. 60 seconds on earth can still feel like 60 seconds on mars. But the 2 time zones are nothing alike. For one, The clock on mars may move slightly faster or slower depending on the mass of the planet and its pull on light and everything. As we are physical beings we are effected by how much force is pulling us down, You also need to remember that light itself also is slowed down to some degree under the effects of gravity as gravity slows it down it also bends it. This is what gives us the appearance of reality. If we were in empty space, then time would exist without stress out there. Things would flow more freely and faster. Time exists everywhere as you are saying. And that is a totally accurate logical conclusion. But there are variables, Such as the distortion of gravity as i mentioned. You can use these distortions to manipulate time. Because time is relevant to energy and mass. followed by a magnetic field to hold it all together from positive to negative end.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Particle Physics wouldn't agree with you.

www.livescience.com...

This sort of explains what i saw on the science channel. The Science channel went much more in depth though. I just wish i remembered the program name ..
edit on 9-2-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

All of what you mentioned is entirely besides the point. Time is bendable, and relative, however none of that has any bearing on how we experience this plane of existence, whatsoever.

Saying that "there is only now" is 100% false.

This is like telling the IRS that numbers only exist where calculation is involved so they can't possibly fine you, because you choose not to calculate.

That the irresponsible choose not to calculate has no bearing on the fact they owe money. That psychotics are choosing not to identify their being with mass and energy has no bearing on the time we live by.
edit on 9-2-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom
Saying that "there is only now" is 100% false.

No other time will ever be experienced. Awareness is eternally present.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

No other time will ever be experienced. Awareness is eternally present.

False. What we experience is a product of the mind. The mind can create pictures from this moment, or stored memories and experience it.

Awareness =/= time.

You assume that awareness doesn't require an observer, or that an observer will always be.

This is not evidenced or known. Our science currently leads us to reason that the universe will ultimately be taken ahold by entropy. At this point, the "present" ceases to be.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Now...as a 'time', is the the only 'time' that actually exists.

The past cannot be undone (unless some way of making it the 'now' is achieved)...it is the record of solidified 'now'...

The future (which contains all possibilities and all probabilities) exists as potential.

At the 'nodal point' of 'now' (behind which the solidified path of the past stretches backward)...the infinite possibilities of the future exist, like the germ of the flower within the limb of a tree...A future that extends 'delta-like' pathways, awaiting a choice made in the 'now' to solidifiy its path forward into a new potential...And at the 'now', where the choice is made, all other possibilities and probabilities resulting from that choice, collapse...to reveal a new set of potentialities to be chosen, and subsequently collapsed - thus creating a solid past behind you (which has concrete results)...unlike the future, which has no concrete results, until a choice is made...

A99
edit on 9-2-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If time is only "now" then all of mathematical equations which use time are false.

We base many things off these equations. They help many lives, and push the species further and further.

This thread is absolute rubbish.

The best one can say related to time being an illusion is that the exact correctness of time is dependent on relative variables which can't be precisely measured. We have to make our best guesses depending on the instruments used to gather our information, and the processing power needed to give the most accurate assessments, depending on the goal at hand.

What people are showing in this thread is their ignorance.

It's annoying, though understandable.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom
If time is only "now" then all of mathematical equations which use time are false.

We base many things off these equations. They help many lives, and push the species further and further.

This thread is absolute rubbish.

The best one can say related to time being an illusion is that the exact correctness of time is dependent on relative variables which can't be precisely measured. We have to make our best guesses depending on the instruments used to gather our information, and the processing power needed to give the most accurate assessments, depending on the goal at hand.

What people are showing in this thread is their ignorance.

It's annoying, though understandable.

Equations are not reality...

A99

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Neither is what you perceive.

We do the best with what we've got.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join