It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple Continues to work on Smart Cameras (RFID) for Future Devices

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Nothing new they all ready have the capability to spy on us in every corner of the city. EVERY CORNER. They have technology beyond camera's. Most people dont know that any LED can be used as a microphone, if its plugged into the energy grid then they can use it to spy on you. Keep in mind the new TV's are OLDE's AKA microphones. The Govt has all ready admitted they have planted device's witch spy on us in our appliances. We all know they can listen in on our conversations even while our phone is off. In batman begins a tech is shown witch sends out a signal threw cell phone electromagnetic radiation, (smilar to sonar) to get detailed live video of whole buildings. The phone could be in your pocket yet they still are able to map out your environment in real time.
www.caintv.com...

Your a 14 OP? Mind messaging me?
edit on 29-1-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
As I see it, it's another small step to make people used to RFIDs.

Look, it's totally benign!
Look, it's so cool and trendy, look, there's an art object, wow, your smartassphone can read you aloud some information about this art object, it is safe, because if you try to read that printed text right beside it you might hurt your eyes! Don't worry, you don't have to memorize those two lines of generic description we are giving to you, it is proven to be impossible, anyway, why would you want to remember? Maybe you are planning to rob the art gallery? So you're a terrorist! And why are you looking so lustfully at this surrealist statuette of an under-aged African girl? So you are a pedophile racist terrorist! Guards, TAZE HIM!!!

But seriously, the whole RFID trend is ominous.

I'm from Russia and they are going to dismiss all the paper passports by 2015 and replace them with a single card with RFID embedded in it, which holds passport, biometrics, driver's license, insurance, and literally every other document imaginable. People here are enraged by the news, seems like only the brainwasheds of brainwashed are going to accept it. Are there similar plans in EU/US? Please let me know (sorry if a tad off-topic)
edit on 29-1-2013 by CaptainAbstract because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The title should read:

"Apple Continues to use slaves in Asia to work on Smart Cameras (RFID) for Future Devices"

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I don't see the big deal, if you don't like it don't buy the iphone. Its not being forced on anyone.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RandyBragg

Just as well as facebook is not forced on anyone, yet I increasingly notice more and more sites which won't allow me register and express my opinion if I don't have a facebook account, or a google+ one.

Recently I stumbled upon an article which was titled "More than half of Russians don't have a smartphone". I nearly fell from my chair laughing, because more than half of Russians don't have a house connected to sewers either, or even to gas and water ducts (in the vast rural areas of Russia). Clearly I read this article as conditioning to own a smartphone. More than half, what a disaster! Run and buy one at once!
edit on 29-1-2013 by CaptainAbstract because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

I remember talk of this technology when Jobs was still alive. If you remember, the occupy movement were using their smart phones to organize demonstrations. This technology can be used to switch off phones in a certain geographical area, as the article mentioned, in the case of sports stadiums. So, in the event of unrest, everyone's phones could be switched off in the affected area.

Apple has made some steps to increase privacy after the leak of countless UDID's(Unique Device identifier) were found on a FBI agents laptop. They deprecated the use of the UDID's for developers anyway. You can switch off location services, which I verified with a network sniffer actually works. In IOS, there is now a feature to disable ad tracking. A step in the right direction, anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

You can switch off location services, which I verified with a network sniffer actually works. In IOS, there is now a feature to disable ad tracking. A step in the right direction, anyway.

A step further in the right direction would be having features like these disabled to begin with and opting in instead of disabling.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Oh. I agree completely. I guess what I am trying to say that above all Apple wants to sell phones. They were embarrassed by the leak of UDID's and they reacted somewhat, but not enough. So, with enough public outcry, it is possible to reverse a trend. Just a faint glimmer of potential. We just need more momentum.

When we stop being 'good lil consumers' and make a rant-at least someone is listening. Better still to vote with your wallet.

Edit to add: At least with location services-the phone does ask you if you will allow an app to use your location, even when the services are on in the user preferences. Developers must also give the reason as to why the app needs your location within the code.

Additionally, if things do become too draconian, the phones can be jail-broken; and, just about any feature defeated by the underground market- so long as the markets remain free. Innovative minds find ways.

edit on 29-1-2013 by ogbert because: more info

edit on 29-1-2013 by ogbert because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2013 by ogbert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
apple has also invented another device, it's called the matrix.

it should be out in the next few years. save up your cash and get ready to live up for days on the pavement and shell out $1000 to be plugged in and another grand for a slighter lighter version with minimal upgrades every 6 months.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

A "normal" LED can't be used as a microphone.It is encased in solid plastic,doesn't have a diaphragm and doesn't generate a voltage when exposed sound waves.No matter how much tech they put into the humble LED,it'll still be a diode that emits light and nothing else..

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by Skyfloating

never liked a phone I could not remove the battery from. If it cant be turned off...I dont want it.

Well of course you can always wrap it in aluminum foil when you want privacy

Seriously, that's simple and hard to defeat.

Sticking it in an empty bag of dorito's is the way to go

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainAbstract
reply to post by RandyBragg

Just as well as facebook is not forced on anyone, yet I increasingly notice more and more sites which won't allow me register and express my opinion if I don't have a facebook account, or a google+ one.

Yeah and you are not forced to have those things either. I don't have any and im just fine.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
S&F! This technology is going too far...

I am a fan of technological innovations - but this is getting scary.

I want to add some related info to this thread. I've posted it before but I want to make sure everyone knows about it.

Verizon's IR Camera & Microphone DVR 'Spy' Patent

Verizon (NYSE: VZ) has filed a patent application for targeting ads to viewers based on information collected from infrared cameras and microphones that would be able to detect conversations, people, objects and even animals that are near a TV.

Source

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg
I don't see the big deal, if you don't like it don't buy the iphone. Its not being forced on anyone.
I don't see why it's a big deal to inform people about it.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg
I don't see why it's a big deal to inform people about it.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I don't own a smart phone, used to be bummed about it but now I'm
glad I don't... Sorry but this came to mind...Jack's having a BB-Que
All Organic Food includes Smoked Tri-Tip, Non-GMO Corn & grilled Veggies,
hope you can make it, RSVP... ***please be advised no cell phones allowed***

I would hope or think that whatever "they" have, that someone on the other
side has a solution....counter balancing, but I bloody have no clue, just enjoying the OP's
thread & all information. S&F thanks OP.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagewerx
reply to post by Infi8nity

A "normal" LED can't be used as a microphone.It is encased in solid plastic,doesn't have a diaphragm and doesn't generate a voltage when exposed sound waves.No matter how much tech they put into the humble LED,it'll still be a diode that emits light and nothing else..

Google

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
big brother is here

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
reply to post by BlindBastards

And Samsung / Google android is no different

I agree i am surprised that some people see Apple as the bad guy here. But look the other way when it comes to Samsung/Google.

Interesting reading for those who care to read.

www.kernelmag.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
And then the government will wrap that up by banning any loopholes in blocking those RF transmissions. Prison time and/or $500k fines just like you get for unlocking your phone today.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join