It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple Continues to work on Smart Cameras (RFID) for Future Devices

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

More food for thought from me on your strange concept of Light Emitting Diodes as listening devices.An LED is about as much use as a microphone as a microphone is at transmitting or picking up light.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
RIM, Research in Motion, has announced this service for its newest Blackberry and already has some of the large credit card companies involved, I believe.

All of the major players will have this service before long, I should think.
edit on 30-1-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

1) no they havent!
2) if they did, what about Apple's patent! they'll be sued
3) you're talking about being able to place your phone on a shop counter and pay for goods - that's not what this thread is about

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagewerx
reply to post by Infi8nity

More food for thought from me on your strange concept of Light Emitting Diodes as listening devices.An LED is about as much use as a microphone as a microphone is at transmitting or picking up light.

yep!

I've just contacted Samsung and Google, they like my idea of using microphones to pick up sound because they could only get LED's to light up and couldn't work out why.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ted4d

yep!

I've just contacted Samsung and Google, they like my idea of using microphones to pick up sound because they could only get LED's to light up and couldn't work out why.

Because LEDs will only record sound if they also are being used to read RFID and upload GPS data. Try that and see how it works.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by semperfortis

1. If people don't want to be spied on, they should not by the tech that allows it

...... So I wonder how the new camera in this op would tie into the stupid face timing, Facebooking and twittering etc. ......

I wouldn't worry about the social media stuff, it cannot be integrated into it. 100% definitely cannot. No need to worry about it. Honestly :-)

Also - Facebook photos don't really store the location so that's one more thing less to worry about.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RandyBragg

An LED can not record sound as it's only a light emitting device,it can how ever be used as a VERY short range transmitter that would have to be modulated with sound by an amplifier and then picked up by a photo diode.I'd guess at a range of about a metre or so at the most,but this would be very directional and would have it's range reduced by ambient lighting conditions.
An LED can't read RFID because if you do a quick bit of research that would last about a minute at the most,you'll find out it stands for Radio Frequency Identification.RF in this case is 125 Khz and is a lot lot lot lot further back down the electromagnetic spectrum than the visible light produced by an LED is.
Again with the idea of an LED uploading GPS data,this is done using RF at between 1 and 1.5 Ghz,so nowhere even close to being compatible with a small semiconductor light emitting device.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

It was obviously a joke...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg
reply to post by Imagewerx

It was obviously a joke...

You my friend are a d1ck :-) you got me there. I spend ages wondering if you were serious, half wrote a lengthy reply! So that's good, at least there are 3 people here who are in the correct reality!!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

On the humourless internet it's always difficult to tell when humour is intended without the use of smilies or terms like "LOL".

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagewerx

On the humourless internet it's always difficult to tell when humour is intended without the use of smilies or terms like "LOL".

lol en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Apple were the first company to take accessibility seriously in smart phones.

They have technology that is helping millions of blind and disabled people all over the world with the humble iphone, and this technology which may sound frighting to some, will liberate others.

No one will force you to buy apple gear, in regards to smart phones competition has never really been as good with 4 major options for you.

The choice is yours.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thommmy

They have technology that is helping millions of blind and disabled people all over the world with the humble iphone, and this technology which may sound frighting to some, will liberate others.

So because a very small minority our helped, the greater majority should give up their privacy?

That ideology sounds familiar...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Thommmy

So because a very small minority our helped, the greater majority should give up their privacy?

That ideology sounds familiar...

give up what privacy??? There's pages and pages here about how this is misunderstood by people and makes no sense at all, but we're still talking about giving up privacy!? blimey. I'm off to find a tin foil hat.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join