It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's secret skeet shooting

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well, as for the angle of the muzzle in relation to the horizon, several have mentioned that the clay could be at the end of it's flight.
Another factor no one seems to consider, is that the Prez could be standing on a bluff which would give the clay more elevation than appears in the photo...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
Well, as for the angle of the muzzle in relation to the horizon, several have mentioned that the clay could be at the end of it's flight.
Another factor no one seems to consider, is that the Prez could be standing on a bluff which would give the clay more elevation than appears in the photo...
I am not into skeet, but most of the ranges that I have been on were flat.

I am guessing that the President is full of crap when he says that he "shoots all the time". The position of the stock on his shoulder and the pressure that his cheek is exerting on the comb of the stock leads me to believe that he is not an experienced shooter. I would bet that he shot one round here for a photo op and wasn't comfortable doing it. He may not have even had a target to line up on, if it was a photo op that was staged for this latest ploy to try to make us believe that he is into shooting sports.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
I am not into skeet, but most of the ranges that I have been on were flat.

I am guessing that the President is full of crap when he says that he "shoots all the time". The position of the stock on his shoulder and the pressure that his cheek is exerting on the comb of the stock leads me to believe that he is not an experienced shooter. I would bet that he shot one round here for a photo op and wasn't comfortable doing it. He may not have even had a target to line up on, if it was a photo op that was staged for this latest ploy to try to make us believe that he is into shooting sports.

True...All of the "ranges" I have been on, were flat! But, when throwing a skeet party at a friend's house, we just situated ourselves wherever we could, to accomodate the shotfall. Considering the road or driveway, in the background of the president's pic, I would say that his is more of a makeshift, range, and not a professional one

I do agree, that this is most likely his PR staff trying to save his butt, after having his Biden moment.

As for his cheek weld, it's not uncommon, but his does look forced...It's probably a custom gun, and fitted for someone else! Which would account for a bit of the prez' unorthodox stance, grip and sight alignment. But not enough to avoid the conclusion that he is faking it!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

As for his cheek weld, it's not uncommon, but his does look forced...It's probably a custom gun, and fitted for someone else! Which would account for a bit of the prez' unorthodox stance, grip and sight alignment. But not enough to avoid the conclusion that he is faking it!

The thought that it was someone else's gun did cross my mind too.
Not what you expect if he 'shoots skeet all the time'.
I bet his golf clubs fit him better than that gun does. But he actually does golf 'all the time'.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
All I know for sure is, that probably left him a nice bruise from the way he rode up his shoulder instead of properly seating it before firing. I can sympathize, as I am sure many of us can. But it is a self-correcting feature.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Great picture and great observations of Obama's form. Or lack there of...

Where is the shell pouch?? Anyone who shoots skeet, trap or clays will always wear a vest or a pouch to keep the supply of loaded shells ready at hand. If this pic. of Barry was taken during a round of skeet, I have to wonder if Obama employs a shell boy to hand him is cherished Winchester AAs.

Too funny from the White House who somehow thinks they have another gotcha moment.
Gimme a break, the first time I ever shot skeet or 5 stand I didn't have a pouch so a laced my belt through the handles of a plastic grocery bag to serve the purpose.

What BS. and What a photo OP. Obama's sporting some Sweet Mom jeans though

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

Just for point of reference the Camp David skeet range is adjacent to the Helipad. So I'm assuming the terrain is rather flat... I've got a picture of the area in another thread.... or earlier in this one...

Here's a picture
3.bp.blogspot.com...
edit on 3-2-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

Good Camp David site with all the pics. Including the newest one we're talking about. Great pics of the skeet range..
aboutcampdavid.blogspot.com...
edit on 3-2-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Where is the shell pouch?? Anyone who shoots skeet, trap or clays will always wear a vest or a pouch to keep the supply of loaded shells ready at hand. If this pic. of Barry was taken during a round of skeet, I have to wonder if Obama employs a shell boy to hand him is cherished Winchester AAs. 

Good point.

I wonder if he has a gunbearer to carry his gun from station to station and reload it for him?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

From your first pic, it looks like a skeet / trap range. Both skeet houses & a trap house in the middle.

The Prez's pic looks like he is shooting a bird released from the trap house.

It's common for non sporting clay people to get trap and skeet confused, this is probably what MSM has done....and BO as well....

He's no sporting clay enthusiast though, their picture proves it.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

It's tough to tell from the pics, if there are any differences in the elevations.

I can't see him loading or unloading his gun...Plus, that one most likely has auto-ejectors and his handlers wouldn't want him putting out his eye, just for a photo shoot....

As for the bruise theory, I doubt shooting low brass with what appears to be a 1" recoil pad would thump hard enough to cause one...And based on previous testimony, it doesn't seem likely that Obama continues until either the clays or shells run out, like the rest of us, who throw one of these together...

I wonder if his PR guys will address the latest concerns about his "secret hobby", as fast as they did the last ones?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
My wife uses a ported shotgun for skeet too.

But my kids prefer unported, they're not afraid of a little recoil, even my 14 year old daughter dislikes her moms gun.

Since Obama's SSN doesn't pass the employment E-verify process, I highly doubt he'd pass the FFL check even if he ever did want to buy a gun in the years before he ran for office. So that particular gun was in all probability like the shotguns they have on cruise ships so passengers can pay to shoot skeet at sea. In other words it was purchased for the trap range at Canp David and stays there.

I would bet money that before going to Camp David he had never fired a shotgun.

Also, by the way he said it you know he's not a regular shooter.

That's like saying "I have baseball matches all the time".

Minor nitpick I know, but I still noticed it.
edit on 3-2-2013 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
For those who enjoy some light civil disobedience:
moonbattery.com...
rossputin.com...
etc.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Obama's secret skeet shooting

Oh now Mr. never let a good photo op go to waste but their is always time to get your pictures taken with children to push fascist laws.

And yet I'm betting that even if he did have photos you would complain "if he really were skeet shooting why would he be taking pictures!!!"

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by allstonmurdaz

And yet I'm betting that even if he did have photos you would complain "if he really were skeet shooting why would he be taking pictures!!!

So what?

Have a problem with someone exercising their constitutional rights to free speech?

Here I said this in another thread think it belongs here as well.

After a long hard day of kill lists,droning people, and attacking the second amendment and the rest of the constitution the Potus relax's by "skeet shooting".

Then to make people believe it release a photo of it taken months ago.

edit on 4-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
We all know the real reason the illegal alien-in-chief released this obvious set up photo.
He wants the AMERICAN people to think he is one of us (which he is not) and that HE is willing to give up his god-given rights for (false) security!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Then to make people believe it release a photo of it taken months ago.

...and you have evidence that this isn't true? They did release a picture after all.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
13 pages to close a thread and redirect here? Is there an ATS moderators' getaway going on in Tahiti or something?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
i have some questions for everone who thinks this pic is " fake / photoshop / whatever " :

WHY ?

with a ` team ` of just :

1 president
1 shooting instructor
1 gun bearer / model [ to demonstrate correct stance etc ]
1 photographer

and 30 minuites - you would have a president who has never touched a firearm previously posing for a perfect shot

because - you are not teaching him to shoot a target - you are teaching him to pose , discharging a shotgun

and lastly - with a EXIF editor - you can change any value - even remove the "photoshop edit " tag etc etc etc

oh and one more thing - just because ` he does it all the time ` - doesnt mean he is good at it
you dont need

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
Since Obama's SSN doesn't pass the employment E-verify process,

Yes it does actually. You really shouldnt believe the nonsense posted by birthers.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Do you really believe that...

` he does it all the time `
?

I tend to think that the gun ban legislation isn't something that just 'popped up'. It has been planned for some time. They were waiting for their opportunity to spring it on us. Sandy Hook provided the crisis for them to do it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join