It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's secret skeet shooting

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

do you have any evidence for not believing it ? i know people that have been doing the same hobby / sport etc for 30 years - and they are still freaking incompetant at them

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

further more :

what ever the facts of his shooting exploits , if conclusive evidence of his claim was presented - the wingnuts would just switch the " argument " to :

"obama is a hypocite , he is an avid shooter - but wants gun control for everyone else "

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

do you have any evidence for not believing it ? i know people that have been doing the same hobby / sport etc for 30 years - and they are still freaking incompetant at them

No, I don't have any evidence for not believing it.

This involves Obama making a claim that he 'shoots skeet all the time'. He claims that he does his skeet shooting at Camp David. It is curious that he never mentioned this thing that he 'does all the time' before the gun ban legislation came out.
Even more curious:

“I have figured out why President Obama does not like Camp David," Cooper said. "No golf." Cooper said Obama “hates” going to Camp David, and she had never been able to understand why President Oama doesn't like going there until her most recent trip there with the Commander in Chief. Said Cooper: “Everybody's going, ‘why doesn't he spend more time up there?’ ... No golf ... It’s all about the golf.”

Source[/u rl]

This [url=http://weaselzippers.us/2013/01/28/flashback-nyt-white-house-correspondent-reports-obama-hates-camp-david-because-theres-no-golf-only-skeet-shoot ing-and-bowling/]link
goes a little further:

HELENE COOPER, NEW YORK TIMES WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT: Alright, for something totally superficial, I have figured out why President Obama does not like Camp David.
CHRIS MATTHEWS, HOST: He doesn’t like it?
COOPER: He hates it. We were up there for the G-8 last weekend and I’ve never been able to understand why, you know, Obama, President Obama doesn’t like going there. It’s beautiful. I mean, the cabins are…
MATTHEWS: Did you get to see it?
COOPER: Yes, I finally got to see it. I got to see the presidential cabin.
MATTHEWS: Everybody loved it.
COOPER: It was fantastic. And so everybody’s going, “Why doesn’t he spend more time up there?” No golf.
MATTHEWS: No golf.
COOPER: It’s all about the golf.
MATTHEWS: Doesn’t he have a little putting green?
COOPER: No, it’s all about the golf. It’s got a couple of places where you can…
MATTHEWS: But it’s got skeet shooting, it’s got bowling, it’s got everything.
COOPER: There’s wildlife, I saw a squirrel.
MATTHEWS: Oh God. I think that shows a limitation at this point. I think it would be great out there.

This would be another reason to doubt the POTUS when he says he 'shoots skeet all the time' and that he does it at Camp David.

The Matthews/Cooper interview is from May, 2012. At that point in his presidency, it was clear to the NYT White House reporter that the President doesn't like Camp David. Matthews even makes the point that 'skeet shooting' was an option among the things to do there. If he is an avid skeet shooter, wouldn't the reporter have replied something to this effect...'Well he does do that, HE SHOOTS SKEET ALL THE TIME!'???

edit on 5-2-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

if conclusive evidence of his claim was presented

I doubt that we will see that.

Evidence is very weak that he 'shoots skeet all the time'.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

COOPER: There’s wildlife, I saw a squirrel.

This statement exemplifies how out of touch our representatives, their assistants and the rest of the "city folk" are, with the majority of our country...

edit on 2/5/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: changed text

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I think it's hilarious that this thread was started on the premise that the President was lying and most people seemed to claim "Pics or it didn't happen".

Then, once a picture of the President shooting was released, all of a sudden the conversation changed to "Oh he must be posing for that shot, or he's only done it once or twice"

This is no different than when Birthers claimed Obama wasn't born in this country and were so adamant about it that Obama's team finally released his Birth Certificate in long-form. What ensued after that you ask? The same, but but but, that the right is using now because...oh gosh...his Birth Certificate doesn't look exactly like mine and so he must be an Illegal Alien and the Birth Certificate, a fraud.

There's no convincing any of you is there?

PS: I don't know why some of you are so worked up about the Gun-Control measures being pushed through Congress either.... 1) Obama is entitled to his opinion that ARs are Bad and so are hi-cap magazines, and 2) The only likely thing to actually pass through Congress is the Universal Background checks that over 85% of Americans agree with. If I owned an AR or Hi-cap Mags, I wouldn't be too worried....

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElijahWan
I think it's hilarious that this thread was started on the premise that the President was lying and most people seemed to claim "Pics or it didn't happen".

Then, once a picture of the President shooting was released, all of a sudden the conversation changed to "Oh he must be posing for that shot, or he's only done it once or twice"

This is no different than when Birthers claimed Obama wasn't born in this country and were so adamant about it that Obama's team finally released his Birth Certificate in long-form. What ensued after that you ask? The same, but but but, that the right is using now because...oh gosh...his Birth Certificate doesn't look exactly like mine and so he must be an Illegal Alien and the Birth Certificate, a fraud.

There's no convincing any of you is there?

PS: I don't know why some of you are so worked up about the Gun-Control measures being pushed through Congress either.... 1) Obama is entitled to his opinion that ARs are Bad and so are hi-cap magazines, and 2) The only likely thing to actually pass through Congress is the Universal Background checks that over 85% of Americans agree with. If I owned an AR or Hi-cap Mags, I wouldn't be too worried....

Personally, I could care less about Obama's claims or his real hobbies.

But this thread has been following the facts. And the facts are, that a picture can be fabricated, just as easily as a story or news piece, if it was needed to continue or to prop up, the President's own statement. If he was having a "Biden" moment, and stuck his foot in it, then there would have to be a choice made, by his PR people. Run with it, or spin it, to minimize the damage.

But, if it was all orchestrated, then that would be a different application of the "evidence".

I think we are all just doing what we do, here on ATS, which is get to the bottom of the TRUTH, as best we can.

If one is of the opinion, that Obama and his handlers, are engaged in a campaign of deception and trickery, then they are going to try to uncover that ruse, for what it is. Those who trust and believe in their "savior" will try to downplay the derision from those who point to glaring inconsistencies with the "story".

And, as for any ban, Obama and his fellow lovers of control, have wanted to further restrict guns, among other things, for a long time. He would take anything that he could get by Congress. Even semi-autos and high capacity magazines. Gladly! But, he has been advised, that we aren't rolling over and taking it, yet again, this time around. So, he and his, have been doing a little D.C. two-step, and back peddling a bit, over the "assault weapons, and hi-caps.

But they have to get something passed, to further restrict our rights and the Constitution, otherwise, they've wasted a perfectly good tragedy, and might inflame their backers! So, universal background checks and some token mental health legislation, is what they will settle for.

In my opinion, it's the latter, that should receive the lion's share of our tax dollars and focus. But it seems that there are certain powers in place, that still have an agenda to promote, so.....

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

But they have to get something passed, to further restrict our rights and the Constitution, otherwise, they've wasted a perfectly good tragedy, and might inflame their backers! So, universal background checks and some token mental health legislation, is what they will settle for.

In my opinion, it's the latter, that should receive the lion's share of our tax dollars and focus. But it seems that there are certain powers in place, that still have an agenda to promote, so.....

Because making sure that EVERY person buying a Gun at a Gunshow IS NOT a criminal is totally a restriction on our rights provided by the Constitution right?

I agree that mental health legislation should receive plenty of funding too, however, to pretend that the 2nd Amendment grants you the right to own any/all weapons is nonsense. Else, why can't you own a B-52 bomber, armed and ready to go? After all, "The Right to Bear Arms shall not be infringed in any way"

emphasis added.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

I think it's hilarious that this thread was started on the premise that the President was lying

Look at my post above.....My post

It seems more apparent that the President is lying, not that he is telling the truth.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Seriously folks.

Is it a big secret that the President likes to golf? The press keeps track of his golf outings. So much so, that he ditched them to play golf at Andrews Air Force Base.
Huffington post
They still found out about it.
Do you really think he has done all that 'shooting skeet all the time' with no one knowing about it?

Do you think he 'shoots skeet all the time' .... 'at Camp David' and no reporters ever picked up on the fact that he liked to do that 'all the time'?

No, the opposite was noticed.... that he doesn't even like to be at Camp David.... where he claims to 'shoot skeet all the time'.

Just accept it. He doesn't 'shoot skeet all the time'. There is no evidence to support it.

In fact, the evidence available is to the contrary!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hell, there is more evidence that BIGFOOT exists than there is that Obama 'shoots skeet all the time'.

I am serious.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This absurd issue would not be an issue if people were not under the false assumption that Obama wants to take away ppls guns.

All this issue is, is the complete shattering and breaking of this ridiculous right wing view that Obama wants to disarm Americans. Now they see him shooting and it must be fake because, well, his BC is fake and he's really an Islamist and wants to steal my shotgun.

Really ATS?
Really? The pic is fake? Layers?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Reply to post by neo96

Obama uses the toilet too.

The WH hasn't released any stories of pics concerning his bowel movements though.

Does this make his bowel movements a secret too?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Reply to post by neo96

The WH hasn't released any stories of pics concerning his bowel movements though.

If he had an idea that it would get a gun ban passed,
I wouldn't put it past him to release a photo or two of POTUS making poo-poo.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Reply to post by butcherguy

How exactly does the photo at all benefit any of the points in the proposal though?

Seriously? Are you suggesting that Obama is pretending to enjoy shooting in an attempt to seem gun friendly?

Why would he have to? He does not want to disarm Americans. He is for the 2nd ammendment. The current administration wants to regulate the sale of firearms and to put restrictions on civilians owning military weaponry. How does him shooting skeet help that in any way?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Reply to post by butcherguy

How exactly does the photo at all benefit any of the points in the proposal though?

Seriously? Are you suggesting that Obama is pretending to enjoy shooting in an attempt to seem gun friendly?

Why would he have to? He does not want to disarm Americans. He is for the 2nd ammendment. The current administration wants to regulate the sale of firearms and to put restrictions on civilians owning military weaponry. How does him shooting skeet help that in any way?

Better yet, provide some proof that what the President said is true..... He said this 'I shoot skeet all the time.'

Do you have any reason to believe this?

I have provided what a White House reporter said that makes his statement seem to be a LIE.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Reply to post by neo96

The KENYAN does not use the toilet at all, he dumps on the American people and wipes with the Constitution. Remember, he is a lawyer/liar. Everything that comes from his mouth is a lie! That pic of him shooting a shotgun is the same as everything else they release about that fraud. It's faked.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

What I am doing is calling him a LYING politician.

His reasons for LYING would be obvious to most in this case, given the subject.

What about that photo tells you that he is enjoying something?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Reply to post by neo96

I don't need picture evidence to know that the potus is full of crap.
edit on 5-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

I thought that I had better address this.

There are people sitting on the fence with regard to the gun ban legislation that is proposed. Some worry that the President wants to take their guns away that they use for hunting and other shooting sports.

This lie, that he 'shoots skeet all the time', serves to bolster his claim that he is on the side of the sportsmen, that he is one of them.

He is trying to sway public opinion about the proposed gun ban legislation.

It isn't that hard to understand.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join