It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's secret skeet shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yeah.. but those can't be misconstrued.. he was bowing like a submissive leader ; P

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Obama's secret skeet shooting

President Barack Obama said recently that he goes skeet shooting "all the time" at Camp David, but don't expect any photos.

Really now?

"When he goes to Camp David, he goes to spend time with his family and friends to relax, not to produce photographs," White House press secretary Jay Carney told reporters Monday. He said he had never seen any pictures of Obama skeet shooting

Oh now Mr. never let a good photo op go to waste but their is always time to get your pictures taken with children to push fascist laws.

www.politico.com...

Wonder how he finds all the time to go "skeet shooting" between the White house parties,golf rounds, kill lists, and drone attacks, and running this country in to the ground.

There ya go second amendment supporters all our woes are all for naught the Potus skeet shoots so we have "nothing to worry bout".
edit on 28-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)
Neo, I don't always agree with you, but, you're on point in this thread. O Skeet shooting? Pics or it didn't happen for damn sure. S&F Neo.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Whatever "skeet shooting" is, it sounds like a stupid thing to lie about. If Obama says he shoots skeets, well, then he shoots skeets, i guess. Oh well.

Nefarious misdirection or not, i wonder if you even realize he is agreeing with you?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Is it wrong that I think he may be talking about a different kind of skeet shooting and that pictures are not forthcoming for an entirely different reason?

"From the window, to the wall...Aww skeet, skeet, skeet"

Anyway it wouldn't matter if there were pictures of him at the gun range at Camp David everyone would have said it was photoshopped or they had snuck up to camp david just for the picture. One would think he'd of been on the range at least once ya know to share in the history of the presidents before him.

Speaking of...

Here's John F Kennedy at Camp David

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by seabag

We've already been told by this administration that guns can't be used for recreational purposes.

This is not the stance of the administration. It's ONLY being said by crazy republicans.
Obama is NOT anti-gun. Get it through your thick skulls.

What?

Obama clearly has said time and time again Americans don't need "assault weapons or clips" clear hollywood terminology.

Let's see a video of it. You know he hasn't said it...that's why you subconsciously didn't quote "Americans don't need"....

Even IF he doesn't want Americans to have assault rifles, I said guns. You weren't even responding to what my comment was directed at. If someone is against a specific type of gun, that doesn't mean he is opposed to the idea of guns being used recreationally. You have a severe flaw in logic if you think your comment negates my original comment, but your comment is untrue regardless.

If he's said it time and time again, it should be easy to prove me wrong.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

How quickly they forget:

Not here to spoon feed people do your own legwork.

For the record AR's and Ak-47 weapons specifically designed for civilians are not "weapons of war"

Guns designed for war are full auto preferrable belt fed have a high cyclic rate of fire.

Semi auto's are not.
edit on 29-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

For the record AR's and Ak-47 weapons specifically designed for civilians are not "weapons of war"

They are designed to look and perform just like the real thing and can be easily used as a weapon of war just like any other rifle. You just have to know how to aim.

Guns designed for war are full auto preferable belt fed have a high cyclic rate of fire.

The fully automatic version of the AR is 800 rounds/min and the AK is 600 rounds/min. This makes them weapons of war.

Semi auto's are not.

Of course they are look at the name.

Semiautomatic= able to fire repeatedly but requiring release and another pressure of the trigger for each successive shot.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Whatever "skeet shooting" is, it sounds like a stupid thing to lie about. If Obama says he shoots skeets, well, then he shoots skeets, i guess. Oh well.

Nefarious misdirection or not, i wonder if you even realize he is agreeing with you?

This is skeet shooting at it's best.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by neo96

That's impossible, Neo.

We've already been told by this administration that guns can't be used for recreational purposes. They are very dangerous instruments and shouldn't be used by anybody but LE and military personnel.

Hell, he probably has a closet full of AK's for all we know!

edit on 28-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Haha hey is that pic photoshopped?

Gs

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GermanShep

No, it’s a real picture.

At least it’s as real as the bogus reasons given for disarming the American citizens.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Wonder how he finds all the time to go "skeet shooting" between the White house parties,golf rounds, kill lists, and drone attacks, and running this country in to the ground.

I'm more than sure that he doesn't go skeet shooting. He may have tried it once or twice .. but as for his comment that he goes skeet shooting 'all the time' ... I say BAAAAAAAAH .. he lies about everything and continually gets caught in those lies .. I'm betting this is just one more lie ...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

They are designed to look and perform just like the real thing and can be easily used as a weapon of war just like any other rifle. You just have to know how to aim.

They are alike in appearance only, bro.

So says the ATF!

Please do a little homework instead of repeating lies.

Semi-automatic AR-15s for sale to civilians are internally different from the full automatic M16, although nearly identical in external appearance. The hammer and trigger mechanisms are of a different design. The bolt carrier and internal lower receiver of semi-automatic versions are milled differently, so that the firing mechanisms are not interchangeable. This was done to satisfy United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) requirements that civilian weapons may not be easily convertible to full-automatic.
link

Besides, who cares if law abiding civilians have military weapons? You? Obama? Why should I care what you or Obama want? The constitution doesn't prohibit ownership of certain weapons.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Um.......who cares?

Obama shooting clay pigeons with a shot gun

OH

MY

GOD..

Let's all freak out for whatever reason...

Obama has a PR team? REALLY? Who would have thought...welcome to reality.
edit on 29-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Obama shooting clay pigeons with a shot gun

Let's all freak out for whatever reason...

Obama has a PR team? REALLY? Who would have thought...welcome to reality.
edit on 29-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

It's not about Obama per se. It's about dividing the gun owners into "Sports" and "2nd amendment"
"See look guys even I own guns, just not those 'assault' weapons."

And you guys assume there's no pictures because he wants to hide it? Nope he wants to say it, but pretend like it's something he wants to hide.. Get it?

It's going to be a big F U to gun owners who want to defend the constitution from not only the non gun owners, but also those who own rifles just to bag a deer..

The reason to care is to notice divide and conquer to get out ahead of it to try and be a free society not run by psychological controls. Bringing up that it is Obama is just more divide and conquer, whereas I don't care who the president is, just that we are getting manipulated, and I want it to Stop!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You don’t go “Skeet Shooting”, you go Shooting Skeet.

Kind of like the difference between a magazine and a clip. Or a semi-automatatic weapon vs. an assault weapon.

This guy is clueless.

I guess he goes clubbing, rather than playing golf.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

It's not about Obama per se. It's about dividing the gun owners into "Sports" and "2nd amendment"
"See look guys even I own guns, just not those 'assault' weapons."

And thanks to the ever growing popularity of IDPA, 3 Gun, IPSC and other sports making use of "assault" weapons it's a losing game.

Any politician still trying to use the old "sporting purposes" nonsense as an argument against certain rifles, pistols and magazines is displaying how woefully ignorant and out of touch he is.

They still think "sporting" is something seen on the cover of an LL Bean catalog.
edit on 29-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It's quite obvious why the President felt the need to say this - Gun rights advocates think a person can't possibly have a valid opinion on the topic and most certainly must be against the 2nd Amendment unless you partake in shooting somehow or another. Which is absurd.

But, TBH, it did kind of come across as hollow, like when a racist says something like "I have a black friend...". LOL!

But - reality is - people say crap like that in an effort to reach out and try to find common ground for dialogue.

Anyways, on a side note, it's so cute how the same ATS clique shows up to mock Obama topics...don't let me interrupt you, by all means beat this issue to death until tomorrow's next President-bashing thread.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

They still think "sporting" is something seen on the cover of an LL Bean catalog.
edit on 29-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

In the leftists view it's only "Sporting" when the wildlife have firearms as well.

Plenty of one-liner cartoons on that subject.

I LOVE my opposable thumbs!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This story is simply calculated bunk to make Obama seem like a regular Joe. It's hilarious really because Obama and his wife don't like Camp David anyway. Especially Obama. There is no golf course that is attached to Camp David. That is a simple fact...

The man likes to golf and most likely has never seen a clay pigeon in his entire life..

HELENE COOPER, NEW YORK TIMES WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT: Alright, for something totally superficial, I have figured out why President Obama does not like Camp David.

CHRIS MATTHEWS, HOST: He doesn’t like it?

COOPER: He hates it. We were up there for the G-8 last weekend and I’ve never been able to understand why, you know, Obama, President Obama doesn't like going there. It's beautiful. I mean, the cabins are…

MATTHEWS: Did you get to see it?

COOPER: Yes, I finally got to see it. I got to see the presidential cabin.

MATTHEWS: Everybody loved it.

COOPER: It was fantastic. And so everybody’s going, “Why doesn't he spend more time up there?” No golf.

MATTHEWS: No golf.

COOPER: It's all about the golf.

MATTHEWS: Doesn’t he have a little putting green?

COOPER: No, it's all about the golf. It's got a couple of places where you can...

MATTHEWS: But it's got skeet shooting, it’s got bowling, it’s got everything.

Read more: newsbusters.org...

Time to stop spreading the BS Obama. We already know that you a a Poser's Poser... no need to make it worse.

The White house will go to great extremes to create a narrative including posting a Photoshopped picture of Obama Holding a shotgun at the Camp David Range.

Look at this photo from the official Obama White House page

whitehouse.gov1.info...

Then look at this photo of Obama on the golf course.

How dumb do they think we are?/

edit on 29-1-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

ETA
Never mind. The shopped photo is from a Parody Website. I did not catch the humor fast enough. Oops. Still does not change the fact that Obama has no interest in using Camp David for his personal recreational needs.
edit on 29-1-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Originally posted by jibeho
This story is simply calculated bunk to make Obama seem like a regular Joe. It's hilarious really because Obama and his wife don't like Camp David anyway. Especially Obama. There is no golf course that is attached to Camp David. That is a simple fact...

So, A: You think Obama is simply lying about skeet shooting. To the country, his wife and his daughters, he is being a public bald-faced liar.

And B: You take the word of someone who doesn't know the facts. Because from YOUR link...

*****Update: Cooper on her visit to Camp David might have missed something. Sports Illustrated reported in 1955:

The most recently built, and perhaps the most interesting, of President Eisenhower's golfing loci is a new four-hole pitch-and-putt course which a number of his friends have provided for him at Camp David, the presidential weekend retreat in the Catoctin Mountains of Maryland.

Read more: newsbusters.org...

Time to stop spreading the BS Obama.

Take your own advice. I can't BELIEVE you posted that picture from that bogus website!
You're so eager to make him the liar that you want him to be.

How dumb do they think we are?

If you fell for that website...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join