It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Age movement is quite literally confused and mad!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

'Path to the light'??
That' s vague - what does it mean?

Goes ask arpgme these question and once you have the answer come back and we will talk about this.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I am asking you because it is you who used the phrase.
Are you just using jargon without understanding your own bs?
edit on 31-1-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Are you just using jargon without understanding?

No im not. Please enteratin me for now and do as i requested, all will be revealed in good time.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Are you just using jargon without understanding?

No im not. Please enteratin me for now and do as i requested, all will be revealed in good time.

You have said 'Path to the light' and i am asking you what does that mean to you - if you can't answer then you are a fraud.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You have said 'Path to the light' and i am asking you what does that mean to you - if you can't answer then you are a fraud

Im a fraud then if that makes your more peaceful. Now please go do as i asked.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

It is common for people to associate Light with Good and Dark with Bad.

This is due to the Millions of years during Human Evolution where one would quickly become dinner for some predator stalking the night as well as with the morning came the Sun that supplied Heat and Light to dissipate Human fears of that dark.

In reality...Light and Dark are neither good or evil with the exception of needing Light to warm the Earth.

I find it funny that so many people have used these terms to describe good or evil in some type of sweeping terms as rarely is anything so cut and dry. In reality there are many shades of grey and good and bad are just determined by what one individual believes them to be as such things are subjective.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Good reply!.

There are shades of grey between light and dark and a indivdual will determine if a shade is good or bad based on their own experiences and belief system.

In ancient times for example Isis was seen as a symbol of dark energy. There are some people who still think her energy is alive today. I consider this possible and the true test of whether its a good helper spirit or a malevolent parasitic predator can be tested by the movement of her presence in the light. Does she identify herself in plain view of the light or does she lurk in tall shadows out of view, and like a predatory cat only reveal herself when leaping out to devour the prey. I have wrote a thread related to this here

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 31-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I don't care what the ultimate truth is.

All I care about is that some people grab the moment and make a mark in the world and the rest do not. The ones who do not live with shame and destroy themselves, hurting others indirectly.

The goal in life is to help people grab their ember of life and to make it burn hot. Truth is, we will all grow old and die. Why not grow old and die without the shame and regret and despair?

Be responsible and grab life by the horns and you'll live a happier life. It seems contradictory to be responsible and yet grab life by the horns, but they do in fact come together in the right balance.

The happiest people I know grab life by the horns. They're also responsible. This is not to say that if you grab life by the horns that you'll also be responsible about things.
edit on 1-2-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Personally...and I have had limited experience in this out there subject...I believe that any Spirit or any Conscious form of energy can only bother someone if it is allowed to access a persons mind.

If one has a strong mental disposition this is not an issue but as it is said a Poltergeist tends to be present when in the company of a pre-teen girl...a person who is particularily at an age of mental suceptability....that this would seem true.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Instead of being fullfilled by what they say, they operate beneath it. They are like slaveparrots. But somehow they know what they say is true in different aspects of life. But they stirred it all together into a mindcracking confusing dogma. They will be forced out of their own 'dogma' to change for the burden of it will be unbearable.

Reminds me of this biblequote: I can't find it online, it might be out of context.

The Lord said: "I will make their intelligence a frustration. "

Just some thoughts, man.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I think if people spent less time trying to convince others that what they believe is the right thing to believe...and instead spent their time and effort actually DOING what their highly held beliefs say to do...we would all be better off.

I have no issue with what a person believes in as long as it does not effect me and others but the basic problem is some beliefs teach that it is the duty of the Faithful to spread the word...Now this Pisses me off!

It's all fine and dandy if someone presents their ideals to you and after you decide either way...and if it is no thanks...then you should be left the F@#% alone! Still they continue and when this happens is when issues start.

What tends to be worse is that even if you are polite enough to give them a listening to...such people tend to shut you out if you were to present your beliefs.

Thus the solution is for everyone to mind their own business! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Reminds me of this biblequote: I can't find it online, it might be out of context.

The Lord said: "I will make their intelligence a frustration. "

Just some thoughts, man.

Thanks for your post i liked it alot

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

A thread I made: There is nothing wrong.

Your post made me remind it, Splitinfinity.

Healing is my duty.

The thing is, the word is above, but there are those who are like they became it, they are above all and think they are allowed to see everybody as the same, ignorant on the same matter, whilst we aren't. If you don't speak 'spiritual' you don't know, they assume. They bring more imbalance than balance and confuse others to a second degree.

It's like is told in Relevations in the bible. The first and second death. You can't say they somehow don't # up your mind. Jesus said that only the Lord is Rabbi (Master). Guru might just mean friend. I hope the good ones prevail, but they surely will. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

We're asking you. You started this thread, you stirred up the nest, you can answer our questions now. Define this "path to the light".
edit on 1-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
What many dont realise is that the new age is not new at as in it didnt start in the 60s or 80s.
A similar movement was thriving in the late 18th and 19th century with groups like Golden Dawn, Theosophical society, anthrophosophy, oto etc , figures like edgar cayce, rudolf steiner, ellen white, the urantia book, christian science movement all forms of this earlier attempt at mystercism or esotercism.
Apprently pre dictator phase Adolf Hitler was great fan of Madame Blatavatsky and use to keep a version of her Theosophical bible "The Secret Doctrine" as one of his favourites. It is also claimed in Ravenscrofts "Spear of Destiny" book that many of the Theosophical ideals like root races of humans traced back to atlantis influenced the The Thule society forrunner of the nazis.

Thus in turn become nazi myth and creeds also. In fact many fascist ideologies are based on occultist philosophies another link are figures like Julius Evola or Geroge Sorel. Seems hippies.new ageists, occultists are all just the samething with different labels. They dangerous not enlightenting or loving the ideas turn into fascism. To prove this point further just look no further than Charlie Manson!
edit on 1-2-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

We're asking you. You started this thread, you stirred up the nest, you can answer our questions now. Define this "path to the light".

Its the path that leads away from the dark what else did you think it meant?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Its the path that leads away from the dark what else did you think it meant?

'Path to the light'??
That' s vague - what does it mean?

Goes ask arpgme these question and once you have the answer come back and we will talk about this.

Originally posted by arpgme

I do not live IN the shadow. I AM the shadows and I am watching the light...

Don't be fooled by the light. Turn and face the dark.
Arpgme says the true self is in the shadows.
edit on 1-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

So, does this movement include out of body experiences?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
“In the practice of tolerance, one’s enemy is the best teacher.”

- Dalai Lama

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines
If you haven't already, there is a great documentary about a guy from the USA (with roots to India) who decides to see if this whole new age guru stuff is for real -- and if he could be one himself. Great doc, and it shows how desperate people are to find meaning for their life however they can.

Kumare Trailer

Oh that is so funny, I have to watch it.

This is what it really is all; about.

You put your right hand in,
You put your right hand out,
You put your right hand in,
And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around
That what it's all about.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join